Doesn't it hurt to do this? Wouldn't he realistically have sliced himself in half by standing on the sword?

Doesn't it hurt to do this? Wouldn't he realistically have sliced himself in half by standing on the sword?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vwuQPfvSSlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that's a really big sword man

Greatswords were mostly blunt, used more like a mace than a cutting weapon.

for you

No.But it will be harder to balance.Realistically he would fall off.

No. That's not how it works.

Guts uses that sword to smash through metal armor constantly
It's blunt as fuck

I doupt the sword is very shard since itd do more damage as a blunt object than a blade.

Not all anime swords are anime-sharp swords; also, the weight of Guts' sword decreases its need for a sharp blade to cleave people.

I mean I don't know anything about historical european boots but I know modern boots have anti-nail plates

no, he's wearing strong boots

Yeah but he also neatly slices dudes into pieces with it.

Even if it would be sharp as shit it wouldn't cut that easily through leather soles without any slicing motion.

See
You can't cleave people by just standing there.

Couldn't Guts just jerk it upwards even a little bit and cut through Griffith's soles?

Yes but Griffith is putting like 60kg of pressure on that sword. I'll hurt myself if I stand on a bread knife.

Pretty sure the very first thing anybody says about the sword is that it's just a large chunk of not even sharp metal.

bread knifes are small user pay attention

it's a pretty blunt sword

Whenever I see this I can't help but think that it looks like brutal rape straight out of Irreversible.

berserk made no fucking sense even before we got into the fantasy stuff, it's a lot like the greek epics, you just have to roll with it.

If you understand how to physics, you would understand I wasn't supporting the "Doesn't it hurt" side of the argument.

Made perfect sense to me desu

A sword has to cut through muscle, bone, and organs, which aren't distributed evenly. The cut may change its angle when the sword encounters uneven resistance, and it could even bounce off or get stuck in a hard material like bone. On top of that he is trying to move. He's going to lose chunks of his feet, then lose his balance fall off the sword, getting injured but not sliced in half.

>I doupt the sword is very shard

It probably would hurt, but it's Griffith. Wouldn't cut him though.

I didn't mean he'd literally get sliced into two even halves. I just meant he'll get seriously hurt by applying his entire weight onto that thing over 2 small points of contact.

You ever try to swing a fuckhuge sword with a guy standing on it? Even guts has limits before his rage-fueled power up

>ctrl+f "shoes"
>0 results

wtf

>casca can defeat several heavily armoured mercenaries with a small rapier
>griffith can block guts huge sword with a tiny sabre
>guts can do half the shit he does while human

I suppose it all goes out the window since fate and magic exist though.

I didn't say "swing". I said move it like one inch. Hell Guts could probably throw his whole body at it at an angle, injuring Griffith and knocking him off.

Yes, because shoes are steel proof.

No. That's not how physics works.

His shoes are obviously sharper than the sword.

youtube.com/watch?v=vwuQPfvSSlo
Basically, you're retarded.
The skin on your feet is even thicker than the skin on your hands, and he's wearing boots.

The sword isn't sharp, numbnuts. Guts says so himself.

you've watched too much rapey shit user

>Doesn't it hurt to do this?
yes, it should hurt

>Wouldn't he realistically have sliced himself in half by standing on the sword?
no, it would probably just give him a scar on his feet

That's different from applying your whole body weight to a sword though.

Watching Berserk literally equals watching rapey shit.

Again, trying to move that weight in that stance with a dude running at you with a sword.

what did miura mean by this panel?

>ah yes here's a long rape scene with lots of titties and ass its all for the plot my friends

Literally every character in the manga gets treated like this though. Hell there's a fucking closeup of Judeau's ass at some point.

nothing compared to casca though

which is strange considering miura likes casca and based her on that idolmaster character

I think you're overestimating how sharp greatswords are. Especially one that had just been used in battle, probably hadn't had a whetstone applied to it, and most certainly was dulled killing that one armored guy. Also as user said human soles are quite thick and people have been known to walk on nails/hot coals and be fine. And another thing is the distribution of weight across the "sharp" surface. Even still the thick leather boots would blunt a lot of the damage.

I mean of all the things to get pissy about in berserk this is one I don't get.

Man, that get-up was so fucking nice. I hope Miura got a new fly-ass design for her.

She's a woman. Women got raped a lot in medieval wars.

Men, however, weren't raped particularly often, and Miura still gives us Guts and Griffith getting fucked in the ass. He also constantly shows Griffith naked. By your logic, Miura must be aiming the manga at gays.

But, did Griffith do anything wrong tho?

>people have been known to walk on nails/hot coals

Neither have much to do with soles. With nails, you have even distribution of pressure evenly across many points. With hot coals, it's got everything to do with thermal conductivity.

Mental retardation doesn't really do it for me no matter what it's dressed up in.

>Guts' sword isn't sharp

No soldier as skilled and as smart as Guts is gonna be caught dead with a blunt sword.
Even so, simply applying your weight on a blade evenly with good leather boots with no slicing motion isn't gonna do much. Leather is a lot better at resisting cuts than people would think. There's a reason it was used as armor back in the day.

AH, ANONS, THIS THREAD WAS BUT A TRAP

THOUSAND YEAR OLD CORBOWITZ TECHNIQUE!

He's literally admitted that it was dull as fuck and that he practically just smashes people in half with it

Was it common in medieval times for a man to wear purple pants and a pink shirt?

She's obviously gonna get untarded, though.

The clean cuts he makes don't really fit with that.

Will the series be more better if Griffith is a girl?

People in medieval Europe wore massive codpieces shaped like dicks that they kept food and wine in user.

I think a fancy shirt is a small thing.

no

Realistically guts would have had dislocated shoulder and Griffith would have tripped

You'd be surprised, it really was. Medieval dudes loved their bright colours. Though purple pigment in particular was rare iirc.

Griffith is literally a fairy he weighs nothing.

I say no because the dynamic between Guts and Griffith is based on masculine ideals of friendship and independence.

If Griffith was a girl I have a feeling it would just be "Hurr he really wants guts dick"

Guts catching a sword with his teeth is fine but THIS bothers you?

Absolutely not!

Every great piece of literature has to have themes of brotherly love and a touch of homoeroticism. The male/female dynamic is an unbalanced one and would not have worked here.

Idolmaster didn't exist when Miura designed Caska

>DUURRRRR I DONT CARE WAT HE SEZ IN DA MANGO DOSE CUTS R KATANA TIER

He's just talking shit to get them riled up imo

Griffith DOES want Guts' dick. All he can think about when fucking the princess is naked Guts. Hell, he does hatefuck her just becaus Guts left.

>Griffith weighs nothing maybe a reference to Legolas or elves from Lotr
>His demonic power is crushing gravity.

Damn their relationship was really sweet. I love how he'd always tease her and go "it's just a prank bro" and she'd hit him in return. So much better than lovey-dovey shit.

No human being is this fucking dense

>naked Guts
You what?

Though he did cum while thinking about Guts, which is suggestive of him wanting Guts' dick.

He was thinking about Guts because Guts had left him and he was fucking the princess to re-establish some feeling of control over his life.

no need to censor stuff from non-hentai manga, just spoiler it next time senpai

Not sure what you're trying to imply here, but this page is great.

>tfw Guts was just a bit teddy bear on the inside
I mean, he loved Puck too.

I've been banned from other boards too many times, I've become very cautious.

I would argue that it was a way of giving up control, actually. A kind of suicidal action.

why did the art get worse, is he getting old?
It's like he spends way more time on it but it looks way worse. The Rosine arc had the best art imo.

That's the tragedy of Guts' character. He's a genuinely kind, sweet guy with a huge heart. But life just destroys him and forces him to be hard and brutal over and over.

he's 50 and considering the rate Mangakas are dropping dead or leaving because they're sick from work stress/injuries
well, be grateful for what you can get

test

Rape and child abuse were incredibly common in the middle ages user. Usually by the parents.

Babies were often just bundled up really tightly for much of their youth. They were considered pests. Letting a baby get away with crying would supposedly allow it to turn into a tyrant so they'd stuff it's mouth with balls of fabric untill it fell asleep from exhaustion.

Oh yeah, I am aware that the concept of "childhood" wasn't really a thing up until Victorian times.

I didn't know parental sexual abuse was common though.

are you fucking serious
giant swords were mostly blunt on the edges because they were used for smashing and crushing

What who taught you that? Some moron social studies idiot?

All the books on history and art I've ever read

But I guess you could say they were written by "some moron social studies idiot".

You can grab a sharp longsword by a blade and beat the shit out of someone with a cross-guard without cutting your hands. It's quite uncomfortable to do without gloves though.
You can even hammer nails with a kitchen knife while grabbing it by a blade and not hurt yourself, and those things are far sharper than swords. As long it's just pressure, without slicing or chopping motion, it's fairly difficult to cut some materials.

If you want to complain about anime physics, I'm pretty sure they should fall due to the center of gravity projection being outside the of base of support.

Historians don't usually consider it abuse because it wasn't explicitly in the legal code etc.

Things did eventually start getting better, but even in Weimar/ Nazi Germany it was common for mothers to send their child to wet nurses who would just swaddle the babies up and hang them on nails/ hooks on the wall with rags in their mouths.

Because the wet nurses didn't really give a fuck they'd often give the baby back really sick and the parents would refuse to have it.

Most kids saw their mother kill at least one sibling through suffocation or physical trauma.

It's a sword not a lightsaber gripping the blade and using it's crossguard to bash oponents (mordhau) didn't ended up with cut hands so boots on the blade will work fine.

I think stuff like anime and movies like kill bill or the bodyguard distorted people's notion about what swords truly are. Most people think that you have to be carefull while swinging a sword because you might accidently cut reality due to how sharp they are.

Up until modern times, kids were pretty much seen as small and retarded adults who make a nuisance of themselves and do dumb shit, for which they deserve an adult's punishment. Or as you said, essentially subhuman.

>they'd stuff it's mouth with balls of fabric untill it fell asleep from exhaustion.

Fuck, that sounds really satisfying

You're fucking retarded gtfo

Care to give me one reason why I'm retarded for claiming what is widely known as a historic fact?

Why do we have no actual information of what Miura's doing during these hiatuses?

You're making the statement kiddo. The burden of proof rests on you.
I'm not interested though i'll just put it with all the other revisionist facts and conspiracy theory social studies morons sprout on here

drawing lolis and playing im@s

Did you miss the part were guts was literally leaving a battlefield? Sure first thing he's gonna do after that meatgrinder is take a whetstone to his blade. Fucking Autists.