Eureka Seven Hi - Evolution 1

youtube.com/watch?v=DWV3kFQyTZ8

New Eureka Seven Hi - Evolution 1 teaser

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nit-F9woH9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Zg4P__9uv4U
animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-07-19/interview-studio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=nit-F9woH9Q

Ao fucked up so much that the only way to progress the story now is to go backward...

BONES is infamous for fucking up sequels to their own originals. But what about prequels? Anyone expectations for the 1st Summer of Love?

Is the trilogy gonna be a complete prequel story for all 3 movies or will it have a recap of the series in between?

I think only the first movie includes a prequel, otherwise it's a retelling. They're also changing some of the story. In this movie, Ray and Charles become Renton's foster parents after Adrock's death.

I'll be looking forward to the music at least. Full Acperience 7 when?

how is this still a thing? why is japan hollywood tier?

I hope they don't die this time.

I have never understood the appeal of this series

Neither does Japan

I hope they do, I love the characters but their deaths were excellent for the plot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

the re-used animation is 4:3 while the new one is 16:9

I found that strange.

People always say Pocketful of Rainbows reused a lot of animation (I never noticed) but it was widescreen the entire time, wasn't it? Why the choice to make it 4:3 here?

>No opening by FLOW

This is already shit. You had one job and you fucked it up.

I like the song

How many times can Bones massacre their own series? How are they so good at it? Anno should take notes.

More Ray & Charles is nice but a retelling at this point? Maybe it'll just end up an alternate dimension thing like pocket full of rainbows

Are we finally gonna get some quality Eureka Seven figures?

>Guys havent we killed e7 enough with 2 bad sequels/consecutive entries?
>No
They have to stop these mad men

i wish this had been a road trip/ scifi sports anime about hoverboarding instead

>retelling E7

Why though? If anything they might as well redo AO to calm the autism.

Which makes one wonder they keep investing their time and energy into rebooting E7. Did those two entries not flopped hard enough?

Where the fuck is Anemone? Why isn't best girl in the PV? How the fuck did they not get FLOW in on this?

Bones is best known for making great originals and terrible sequels. Their magnum opus gets 3 (THREE) horrid turds.

Isn't that in line with their modus operandi?

>Which makes one wonder they keep investing their time and energy into rebooting E7
Its the director.

AO was good up until around when the quartz gun was introduced. Then it shit the bed like someone with a bad case of diarrhea.

anemone is holding hands with dominic in the end tho

Wait they're retelling E7 again? Jesus weren't the series, manga, movie continuities enough? And just after the shitstain that AO was.

It wasn't good, it had promise, it had potential. But it wasn't good even before the quartz gun.

Truth was awful

>It wasn't good, it had promise, it had potential. But it wasn't good
Just like E7

FLOW did one OP out of 4. There's 3 movies. They didn't fuck up yet.

>3 (THREE) horrid turds
More like 5. What a waste, they should've used all those resources to develop new work instead of continuations no one's asked for.

Is it a side story or sequel?

I remember Sup Forums getting pretty excited in the episode that Eureka returned.

The original writer was making AO a monster of the week series and you can see the influence that had on the early episodes.

My god this sounds so good.

That song sounds almost fitting for a Tokyo Olympics theme song.

>Eureka Seven
>magnum opus

Best eureka?

Is that Ao at around 10-12 second mark?

Are Renton and Eureka finally going to be proper parents? Lol who am I joking ;_;

That is slightly upsetting because I linked his grandfather.

Is this dominic and anemone?.

It can't be really bad as long as the step parents are in.

I'll just watch for Anemone.

name a better original from them

Rahxephon

Eureka showing up was a sign of plot happening. The problem was we got 22 episodes of monster of the week and 2 episodes of eureka seven, when a lot of us were expecting a 2nd half to finally have story after so much cockteasing. not to mention all the dropped plot points and shit they seemed like they were starting to setup

Darker than Black.

>The problem was we got 22 episodes of monster of the week and 2 episodes of eureka seven, when a lot of us were expecting a 2nd half to finally have story after so much cockteasing. not to mention all the dropped plot points and shit they seemed like they were starting to setup
So it was exactly like E7. 26 episodes of nothing

Eureka seven was 51 episodes. With one filler episode.

Man, you need to step it up. Eureka 7 was 4 cours, not 2. If you want to bait, do it right.

>Eureka seven was 51 episodes
Yeah and half of it was nothing
>I can't read for shit

Oh, so when you say that E7 was the same as Ao, you were comparing 50% of nothing in A7 (according to you, of course) to 90% of nothing in Ao. Weird sameness concept you have there.

Half of it was building characters, the setting, the lore, etc.

When a new thing got introduced, it often played a part episodes later. It wasn't nothing.

>I suck at math

Okay

>Half of it was building characters, the setting, the lore, etc.
Not really, a lot of the episodes were pointless.

Give me an example if you still remember, then. Otherwise what you say is just bait.

>Give me an example if you still remember, then
The prank episode this is the part where you detail how much it fleshed out Moondoggie's character and how it had any significance to the plot later on

Why are they beating dear horse?
How can anyone enjoy series where like 4 people from the cast are not terrible shitstains?

>new ending
are they gonna go with the new order/original ending this time?

Actually no, Moondoggie's stuff is tied in with two ps2 games iirc.

What that episode wanted to do was show how the crew treats Renton initially, since at that point he's a wimp who only wants to hook up with Eureka. It also (if i remember well) planted seeds on the sort of shady stuff the crew had been in, beyond what Renton thinks.

I will be so fucking pissed. The director needs to stop pushing his shitty ass ending that no one wants.

>What that episode wanted to do was show how the crew treats Renton initially
So it was worthless. Got it.

This, desu. It's like if Evangelion wasn't full of awful people.

You have a series that has all the time in the world for through character and setting building that we never get anymore and someone still complains that too much of it is a waste of time.

Fuck off, it has an awful ending.

>Hey I heard you wanted to watch this show about a cute cakey winning
>Ooops it's actually a shitty harem
>Oh btw cakey wins just in time for the universe reset nothing you watched actually happened and in the true universe she's not a cakey

Fucking sucks

How so? Isn't character building important when you tell a long-spanning story? How many mech shows have you seen? Maybe it's just not for you.

>How many mech shows have you seen?
More than you that's for sure if you're praising trash like E7

I was hoping they wouldn't reuse 4:3 footage and instead we'd get a full 16:9 film but it looks like that dream's dead.

What I was thinking

Ao and PfoR confirmed that there's a multiverse. Like the prior movie, it's most likely covering the original series time period in another AU.

Why can't they just leave this series alone? The original was fine with a satisfying ending. Why keep fucking it up with the movie, manga, "sequel", and now this? Why do nips hate happy endings so much?

>Gundam X

No wonder you don't enjoy E7 then, since it actually had time to develop things at it's own pace.

They can butcher franchise however they want, only original tv series will ever be canon for me.

Bones president said that Eureka Seven is his greatest accomplishment. He obviously doesn't want to let it go.

to be honest i really just want a prequal covering the cival war just cause i love ed 4 and i just want to see more stuff in the style of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Zg4P__9uv4U

MUH TRAGIC LOVE

>since it actually had time to develop things at it's own pace.
But it didn't. X did everything E7 did in half of the time

The story and characters are completely different, rebuild time

They already did that with the movie.

Which is fair. In my opinion though, he should be aiming for his next greatest achievement. Make another, brand-new 4-cour original to surpass Eureka.

Cool horseshit bro

Movie was an AU

This is supposedly the same world/universe (though obviously not if ray and charles adopt renton formally)

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-07-19/interview-studio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467

>You also mentioned Eureka Seven in passing earlier, and you said it was very special. What makes it so special to you? What makes it stand out?

It's my biggest memory because, as a producer, I had a four-season show, original series, with giant robots! That hadn't happened since Gundam!

>Let's make the same thing over and over again

this is what you call a Hack.

>X did everything E7 did in half of the time

Not really, no. If it was true then X wouldn't have been planned initially for 50 episodes.

So then is this a remake or reboot of the original? As things stand I see this new trilogy as more like another AU similar PFoR.

"Retelling" aka. AU with the original writer on board

Might as well be a brand new anime. They're changing the story almost completely. They're also changing the names of character and robots like nirvash.

Thanks for the replies. So I guess the first movie then taken by itself can maybe serve as a "prequel" to the original E7 seeing as how it is about The First Summer of Love. And everything after that will more than likely be an AU.

Question then for all Sup Forumsnons, if the trilogy does turn out to be good while keeping to the same themes and ideas that people loved about E7 but manages to also sort of retcon AO will you accept Hi-Evolution as the definitive version? Or will you still defer to the original?

As long as Anemone and Dominic get more screentime, I'll be good.

I'd treat it the same way as FMA 2003 and Brotherhood. Both would be good interpretations of the same overall story

Ironically, the message of the film was that you shouldn't strive to recreate a legend and instead make your own. Yet here we are with them trying to recreate Eureka Seven's legend yet again. So much for what the original movie was trying to tell us.

The impending disappointment is pretty bad, do you know any nice road trip anime?

Gundam X, is not really a good show though.

It has to have the most criminially misused setting, terrible villains and the plot just sort meanders for a long while until it gets to a conclusion. The mech design is really uninspired. I like Garrod as a main character but that's about it.

>It has to have the most criminially misused setting, terrible villains and the plot just sort meanders for a long while until it gets to a conclusion
An E7fag is saying this folks

>actually has the crew
>actually has best parents

holy shit it might be passable

Is this after s1? AU?

so:
-starts with FSoL prequel
-Renton leaves the Beams and meets Holland, runs off again
-Meets Eureka, saves her, back to the Beams

>might be cool

Are they writing off the kids? I'm gonna be pissed if they are. Like ignoring their existence in the sequel wasn't enough.

NIRVASH!
RENTON!
EUREKA!
KLF! KLF! KLF! KLF!

I SAW DOMINIC AND ANEMONE HOLD HANDS AND CLAPPED!

HEY LOOK ITS RENTON'S DAD! A CHARACTER THAT WE'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW MORE OF!

>Adrock dies
what the fuck? he wasnt that bad of a character

right?