Is this show actually good or is it just some 2deep4u bullshit like evangelion ?

Is this show actually good or is it just some 2deep4u bullshit like evangelion ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0j7LEEzjrso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Decide for yourself, and ask about specific parts if you don't understand them- generalizing leads to discrepancies between the expected and reality.

Bullshit

But like, should i go in with high expectations?
Kinda dont want to become dissapointed and quit.

never hold expectations for anything. just watch it and form your own opinion

Not that user, but don't go into it with high expectations, you'll most likely be disappointed.
I won't give to much away, but although Lain does make some interesting statements and portray interesting ideas, (I don't know how much of a spoiler this is, but it might ruin the series for you because you'll already know what to be looking for, click at your own risk.) the most interesting thing about it is the accuracy with which it predicted post internet life.
Honestly you should just dive in and judge for yourself.

Never I saw such a boring anime.

If Eva is too deep for you, then Lain definitely is. You should try Boku no Pico.

Never said it was too deep, even though most of the fanbase seems to pretend it is
Also
>Implying im that new as to fall for watching boku no pico

>How much should I like this?
Fuck you, watch three episodes an decide whether you want to keep going.

Lain is PRESENT DAY PRESENT TIME

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

Its of my favorite anime.
One of the very few anime that focuses a lot on the audio experience and not just treating it as a supplemental part of the show.
Also, you are going to have to pay more attention than you usually do with anime or you can get lost pretty easily.
youtube.com/watch?v=0j7LEEzjrso

Cant remember ever saying something along the lines of "How much should i like this"
Was simply wondering if It'd be a good idea to go in with high expectations or not

Eva isn't super deep.
It's like one of those shows or movies where there's a lot of foreshadowing of what's really going on that leads up to a big reveal, except Eva has no big reveal. You have to actually pay attention to details to figure things out.

>Never said it was too deep

You literally did in your opening post.

Don't bother watching Lain. You won't understand it and will just shit this board up with how you boring it was for you.

Why would you ever go in with high expectations about something you know nothing about? That's the dumbest question on Sup Forums right now.

But to answer said question, yes, you should watch Lain and you should like it. I decided so.

2deep4u bullshit worse than EVA.

It's so fucking deep you won't even understand what's going on.

>the fanbase seems to pretend it is
Can't remember seeing that. What I do remember is a large amount of retards not paying attention, asking stupid questions, complaining and getting the response 2deep4u. '4u' is the part you should be focusing on.

>Is this show actually good or is it just some 2deep4u bullshit like evangelion
Where in there am i stating that Eva is deep?

Yes.

3deep5u bullshit snorefest.
I say this as someone who loves Eva.
Lain a cute though.

>"2deep4u"
But maybe you're one of those posters that jumps on buzzwords before you actually know what they mean.

Notice that i used the word "Bullshit" afterwards, referring to the fact that i didnt actually think it was especially deep.

That's some pretty juvenile English you got there. No wonder more than one poster misunderstood you.

One thing I've noticed about younger people today is that they don't really understand the concept of "depth" when it comes to media but they love to bash it.
In these cases "deep" isn't a synonym for profound as most of them seem to believe. It's just a word to describe something that's not superficial. Refering to an anime as "deep" is simply stating that said anime has more than meets the eye.

It's a snoozefest.

Most anime, apart from the most linear and upfront ones, have atleast something more than what you see.
I get your point, but still.

Lain has interesting themes and nice visuals and audio stuff going on. However it suffers from horrible pacing and is overall a fucking boring show.

>he thinks Evangelion is 2deep4him

I guess he's right.

and Lain is pretty good, if you like Avant-Garde(read:artsy) stuff, which I do.

it's not that hard to understand, it's the artsiness that throws people.

Yeah, you can say that there are some depth to most anime. I don't know much about that since I mostly watch SOL and they tend to be very superficial unless it's about sex.

But it's not the presence of non-superficial points that matters. The reason Evangelion and Lain are known for them is because they not only use it more often than other animes, they're an essential part of how these show tells their story. I don't know many other anime that does this to such an extent.

Is it really that artsy though? What specific scenes are you refering to when you claim it's artsy?

I don't think that's why most people get thrown off by Lain. I think it's because of the pacing and the fact that you will get lost if you're not paying attention even for a short duration. Some key moments are just seconds long after all.

You don't seem to understand

>2deep4u
>Evangelion

If Evangelion is 2deep4u, don't even think about reading 19th century literature.
Russians will fuck with your head man.

It's ok but it's basically 13 episodes of
>Lain: the nature of God blah blah blah
>Wires: buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>Present day, present time
I wouldn't eat your time unless your a big fan of 3deep5me shit

Lol, you're too dumb to understand Lain.

>>Lol
I know you're making fun of a simpleton, and that's all fine and good, but please don't.

lol you're mad at abbreviations? Get a life.

Lain 'tries' to tell a story in very weird and slow way since the very beginning, so you have to have patient.
At least the first half of Evangelion is pretty much 'normal' has a lot of action, only in second half is that the psychological stuff starts to happen.

If you like of (sorta) cyberpunk and dark atmosphere shows you should give it try, otherwise you will be bored to death.

Any example?

So i should stay away then, thanks. Got it.

The Brothers Karamazov

Lain is for grown-ups; dipshits need not apply

Do you realize that 4chanX allows you to see which post is a new IP and which is not? Why the samefagging?

Because im gay lol

Imagine if the anonymous protagonist of a bunch of different usenet-era urban legends (roughly equivalent to greentext) was the same person.

Now imagine an anime written from the perspective of that person.

Is this the best false flag you can muster?

>cant comprehend simple term
(2deep4u bullshit = pretentious)
>posting in a Lain thread
Truly it makes sense, easily conceivable and in fact the first conclusion to be arrived at