Is Made in Abyss a HxH ripoff? I'm only on chapter 16 but I already get big HxH vibes. It's not like I don't like it...

Is Made in Abyss a HxH ripoff? I'm only on chapter 16 but I already get big HxH vibes. It's not like I don't like it, it's actually really great(so is HxH), but will it differ from HxH in future or is thit HxH with girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hu1tDVc91-M
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31505623
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499503519019.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499507211844.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>it's a Blame ripoff!
>it's an HxH ripoff!
Geez, this anime influx is even worse than I'd imagined.

>adventure and exploring setting
>parent abandoning his kid to continue adventuring and tells his child "catch me if you can lolololo"
>powerlevels
>Ozen is LITERALLY Razor

I think it'll have it's own O MY RUBBER NEN shit soon.

>HxH invented adventure
>and missing parents even though it's heavily implied Riko is only going into the abyss because she's Made in Abyss™ and is somehow connected to it
>and fighting in general, because there sure as hell aren't powerlevels in MiA
And that last one, is it because Ozen knew Lyza? Because that's about the only thing the two have in common.

No, Ozen was asked by this "lololo catch me if you can" adventurer to help powerleveling the MC without restrain in methods. The same with Razor.

Again, it'm not saying it's bad, it just looks like a ripoff.

have you actually read HxH

They're not even remotely similar

>>adventure and exploring setting
>powerlevels
Holy fucking shit, it's like you've read two manga in your life.

>missing parent
>adventure
>magic system
>trickster mentor who puts protagonist in danger

These tropes are literally fucking centuries old. Myths have them.

Is HxH a Made in Abyss ripoff?

I think by "powerlevels" he means having a hierarchical ranking for Hunters/delvers, which is basically just every guild ever.

You are a shitposter, even though I admit Made in Abyss setting is how I imagined the DC would be somehow.

Jesus christ how new are you

>No, Ozen was asked by this "lololo catch me if you can" adventurer to help powerleveling the MC without restrain in methods.
guess what, Ozen doesn't do jackshit other than beat the crap out of Reg and kick them out of her maid abuse dungeon

I think hierarchy predates guilds, even.

Wasn't HunterxHunter pretty good at avoiding powerlevel bullshit? The only exception I can think of is Meruem and arguably the Royal Guard.
Even the upper echelons of the Hunters Association are pretty weak, because their leadership and other talents are more important than being able to beat up everyone else.

which is also dumb because power levels mean jackshit in the abyss, where most fights are won through superior knowledge and tactics

That traumatic art is coming back for me. Now in color. Joy.

It's true that the main character's mother reminded me of Ging and the abyss of the Dark Continent but they're nothing alike.

why'd you change the original picture?

Is this the thread

I like Riko's voice!

Bondrewd did nothing wrong

Meruem is the best example of HxH avoiding powerlevel bullshit. Remember when he died of poisoning thanks to a cheap man made bomb and learned that power means jack shit thanks to being beaten by a weak blind girl on a constant basis?

Everything about her is good so far. In fact this is one of the best first episodes of an adaption that I've seen in a long time. Everything was right. It's not the kind of manga where they can do a panel for panel adaption in a single cour airing, so they did the correct thing and streamline parts while adding others to make it work. They did that well. It also looked and sounded amazingly good.

does anyone else read bondrewd's lines in razor's voice

i read him in nox voice

how
fucking
new

I've always imagined him as a slightly robotized Miyano Mamoru.

I've always read his voice as that of Char Aznables :0 I don't know even know why

YOROKOBE PRUSHKA!

This is what I'm hoping for

Episode one was nice and comfy, should i read the manga?

>Old MiA is slowly getting destroyed by new MiA.
Subarashii

Why are scanlations like a million years behind raws and why is it just three scanlation groups copying one?

It's pretty sad that Riko inherited dumbface's dumbface. Her mother is like infinite times prettier.

Hunter x Hunter with little girls would just be a better version of Hunter x Hunter. Not sure why you're complaining OP

Better drop it while you can, it turns into a shitty Madoka rip-off later on.

Same, he feels a lot like Nox to me.

I want to cuddle with Ozen in bed

anime adaptions were a mistake

Does C'Thullu sleep at the bottom of the Abyss or other Old Gods shit?

The real bottom of the abyss was the friends Riko and Reg made along the way. Also Riko's mom really is dead.

>spoiler
Don't forget shoving them into a dark cave full of wild monsters and dangerous beasts for a week with nothing but each other and the clothes on their back and threatening to drag them back into said dark cave if they try to leave for "training."
Ozen is best single mom.

Probably some Roadside Picnic golden orb shit.

There is no bottom they just come back out the other side of the world

Made me think of
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1tDVc91-M

maximum father/daughter comfiness

Episode 1 was great. Great art. Great animation. Overall great presentation. I felt it pretty movie quality.

My only gripe being that the twintails didn't made a sound, but I appretiate that one frame.

Resurrection Festival is next episode. It's going faster than expected and with minimal exposition. This is going to be great.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31505623

Nanachi's VA literally sounds like Nanachi even when she is not trying.

Is this the healing anime of the season? I loved SukaSuka too until episode 10

>728x1106
>Mangafox
Why did I even bother scanlating that shit and releasing it at 3000 px?

So, HIDIVE(shit official streaming service) has 14 episodes for this. And episode 14 is coming out on 6/10/2017, so I don't think it's an OVA.

First BD box set only comes out on 25/10/2017. Second box is only in December.

How common is it for an OVA to be available through streaming first?

Rubick's voice is more fit for bonedrewd

A summary episode that is not included in the BD box?

I was imagining this guy's voice to be from a female VA the whole time. Gotta say the one they gave him in the show is a better fit for him

Summary episodes usually come midway through. This either means that there will be e recap episode, something like 7.5 and that episode 14 will be the actual final episode(basically episode 13).

Jiruo's cute. I can imagine Ozen really enjoying him in her own way

How old is Nanachi?

Torka is the main villain

As far as we know, unknown.

>mangafox

Old enough.

At the bottom is just a gigantic pile of the garbage and sewage that the city folks throw into the hole every day. And the occasional dead hooker. Nothing else.

Those stupid enough to climb down to the bottom have the choice to climb back up and get killed by the burden or to live in this filth until they drown in it. That's all. No old gods.

Lets say she was the same age as Riko when taken into the abyss. Then she suffered and then left to live in wilderness. How long did she live? Enough to not be loli maybe?

That's what I like to think.

>stuck as a bunny midget forever

>check on pixiv
>images of Reg and his small shota penis

>loli is age

>stuck as a bunny midget forever
Absolutely perfect.

I want to impregnate Nanachi and make her into a lolifur milf

Started reading it yesterday and oh my god it's unbelievably comfy despite how weird and creepy it is at times, can't believe i missed it before.

The OST and SFX makes me cum
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499503519019.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499507211844.webm

Jesus christ op that's seriously one of the worst fucking baits I've ever seen.

>lost her reproductive organs
>gained the ability to sense the abyss barrier

I don't think she can have any form of children because of the body transformation.

definitely younger than 15 i'd say but she could be 1~1.5y older than Riko

>been preparing a webcomic about people exploring a truly infinite everchanging magical "dungeon" for a while now
>i will probably use a title that has abyss in it
>discover "made in abyss"
>both feature a focus on the physicality of travelling
>both feature brutality and suffering throughout the narrative
>both feature a 'doorway' to a place that crushes you down the further you go
To be honest, from a bird's view perspective the main differences will be kid protagonists/adult protagonists and magitech-steampunk/antiquity-renaissancetech.

Will the title similarities be a problem or a boon to me?

This is nothing science can't fix.

change the title ofc

You are both ripping of Madoka anyway.

Seriously? Sup Forums is furry baiting everyone with a sterile shitter?

;^)

Most of us really, really do appreciate it.

I was making a joke, we most likely will never find out. I just assumed since she has become inhuman that even her organs would be altered.

WHY AM I POPPING BONERS FOR SHOTA BOT? WHAT IS GOING ONNNNN?

PLS STAHP SEXUALIZING SHOTA BOTTT ! STAHP!

I hope you're wrong. Ever saw bunnies fuck?

If this were to be true, she would have no need to fear Reg's petting.

>1752x2500
>png
Use this instead.
I don't know what interpolation method you used, but in the future, use bicubic smoother or lanczos.

I think, just like most animals, she has to be warmed up to the idea of being petted.

The only correct choice is using DD Ancenstor voice for him

Wait, we're rushing to conclusions here. Nanachi may have grown a long, thick, mutated bunny cock during the transformation.

The Abyss is a throat. Look especially at what's lining the walls toward the bottom. It's the proboscis of a monster that feeds on the joy and spirit of adventure in humans. The curse is intended to stir human curiosity and only bring the juiciest meals to the bottom.

Considering witch doctor and mr. top hat are the next bosses/training instructors chances are good that eldrich abominations await at the ''bottom''

I hope not

True, the abyss is already known to alter someone's gender. Like when it made Prushka gender fluid.

The image wasn't mine, I had saved it from a previous thread after realising the one in the HQ release was too big for Sup Forums. I'll use this one in future though, cheers.

It would certainly explain why she doesn't want to be touched. She (male) wants to hide her boner.

She was born for this role.