This new season looks like hot garbage. There's nothing worth watching. Except Aho Girl

This new season looks like hot garbage. There's nothing worth watching. Except Aho Girl.

>There's nothing worth watching. Except Aho Girl.
>Aho Girl

Threads like this appears every season

And every season they are right

Boku no flop academia season 3 never happen

Fall season is where it's at

I partially agree with you.
This is my list of what I'm currently watching
-Made in Abyss
-BnHA S2, cour 2
-Aho Girl
-Vatican something

And that's it. I dropped everything else because the first episodes were boring or the story didn't manage to hook me at all.

>There's nothing worth watching except the teehee so randumb shitshow where the only "humor" comes from beating the shit out of a retard and running a banana gag into the ground
Perhaps it's your taste that's hot garbage. Everyone must be watching this for the seiyuus alone, which is pathetic in it's own right. You "why is this season so bad" memers need to leave.

See you on s3 mate.

This is some god awful taste.

Aho's fine since it's only 15 minutes of retard abuse. (or A-kun abuse depending on how you look at it)

Normally I would disagree with the seasonally "everything this season is shit" post but I have to half-agree with this post solely because Aho Girl outclasses everything else airing.

>not following the 3 episode rule
Fucking newfags

Yeah I don't like anime either!!

Isekai Shokudou and Made in Abyss were great. New Games S2 is also coming up.

Together with Re:Trainwreck and BnHA S2 it's enough to keep the season ticking over even if everything else turns out to be turd.

TRAP NTR exists, get some taste and you will find out new things to watch

>forcing yourself to watch garbage because muh 3 episode rule

3 episode rule was like last decade dude
even 1 full episode is too long sometimes, a lot of times I can tell if a show is trash in 1 scene

Summer and winter are always bad.

It's fine if you don't feel like watching something, but the problem is that a lot of people on here nowadays will drop something after the first episode and then try to act like an informed critic

Made in Abyss looks promising.

Winter 2017 was ok, mediocre, but ok. I had two shows per week day to look forward to.
Spring 2017 was much worse. It was an season that I would have called awful. About 1 show per week day to look forward to.
But Summer 2017 manages to be even worse. Less than 5 shows worth watching, the rest is low quality or fujoshit. Holy fuck.

I've watched seasonal anime for almost a decade. There are always up and downs. But this is a new low.

It's pretty funny you try to tell someone else to get taste when you're advocating for pure garbage.

holy shit ew
get away from me you disgusting pleb

>not including made in abyss

Yeah... this season is by far one of the weakest of these last years. Made in Abyss looks really good tho, and Kakegurui maybe fun.

Next season will be worse.

>Any Season with Symphogear in it
>Trash

Off yourself

>the only decent anime this season is New Game!!
is anime dying

speak for yourself, I'm looking forward to this season

> isekai shokudou
> isekai smartphone
> virgin soul
> centaur no nayami
> aho girl
> made in abyss
> hajimete no gal

>the season is so bad I'm watching that chinese tencent shit and catching up on anime from past season which I found too boring to watch at the time

This season would be unironically better if it was entirely made of Re:Creators recap episodes.
I hope Made in Abyss saves it.

Well I don't know I'm watching quite a bit this season.

Ballroom e Youkoso
Isekai Shokudou
Kakeguri
Made in Abyss
Princess Principal
The Reflection
Vatican Kiseki Chousakan
>b-but they're all shit!!

> There's nothing worth watching except the worst show this season

It's like your taste is shit or something.

Great time to work on that backlog.

I mean, Aho Girl is decent but I wouldn't say it outclasses Made in Abyss or Isekai Shokudou personally.

Who are you quoting?

That's been last 5 years OP. Maybe I'm just gotten old.

Its boring though. Jokes got repetitive after a few chapters in the manga. Hiroyuki should have just stuck to making Type moon doujins.

I honestly expected this season to be weak. Gran Torino bored the crap out of me in the manga though I think boku no heroes weakest parts will always be the ones where the class gets separated and the focus has to fall on one character only for the audience to bored at how uninteresting everything becomes.

MHA is at it's best when someone is watching a character do something amazing. Which is kinda the whole point of hero fiction. When the cast is separated and there isn't anyone relevant to stand in awe or comment on a characters feat then boredom ensues when you realize how a story where no one dies, predictably lacks any tension to make you care what happens next.

Fuck, I just realized this is an anime season thread, and not a MHA thread. shit.

I don't know user, I think there's genuinely more to it than getting older and "jaded".

There haven't been a lot of shows in the past 5 years that still get talked about a year after they aired. There haven't been many shows that have redefined a genre or set new milestones.

Apparently isekai is the trend now but I remember that being a thing back in the early 2000's too.

You honestly just sound like one of those "back in my day anime was great" people now. It has always been the case that every season has a ton of mediocre stuff and one or two really good shows if you are lucky then a heap of shit.

That said this season is shit, not even in a every season is shit way, just exceptionally shit.

>people on here nowadays will drop something after the first episode and then try to act like an informed critic
What's wrong with that? In 99% of shows the first episode is highly indicative of the quality and tone of the rest of the show. 1 episode is more than enough to let you know whether you should drop or continue a show.

I just think there were more. If it's just nostalgia goggles, I should probably be nostalgic about 2001-2004 as that's when I really got into anime.

By 2006 anime was already no longer my main thing, but the amount of quality shows in the second half of the 00's was just staggering.
You definitely had more than one good shows every season in that era, comapred to now where sometimes you have to sturggle to find a mediocre one worth of being called AOTS.

I have to agree. Watched 16 shows last season, this season it's 0 not counting ongoing 2nd cours. Still waiting for some shows to release more eps before fully judging.

It's just nostalgia googles. Just took a look at 2006 and the whole year has maybe 5 or 6 memorable noteworthy shows.

Made in Abyss and Shoukoku no Altair will probably be the only "good" shows this season but there is plenty of watchable stuff. Last season was absolute garbage with the only good stuff being continuations of other shows.

>fujoshit
>fujoshit
>fujoshit
>fujoshit
Fuck this gay earth.

BD sales are not the only way to measure success user.

There are only 7 or so fujo titles and all of them are the low-budget type shit that might as well not exist except maybe Touken Ranbu.

Made in Abyss looks extraordinarily promising, even if I don't like the overly squishy kid designs. BnHA S2's 2nd cour should be a lot of fun since the upcoming arc is a lot of fun, and I surprisingly enjoyed Knight's Magic's first episode even if the MC is an insufferable faggot that should be raped to death by the demon gorillas.

Add otome-shit to that pile of garbage.

Virgin Soul isn't good. I mean, I am still watching it, but the god awful decision to make Nina and Jeanne the MCs has ruined the show in its entirety. At this point I am only watching in hopes for a well animated finale.

>otomeshit
Where? Just browsing the list of shows this season I'm not seeing any of it, only fujoshit.

Just like Shokugeki no Souma season 3

The gambling show looks like it's going to be the dark horse of the season. I don't see too many people talking about it, and the first episode was top notch.

your """"""opinion""""""" is invalid unless you watched the whole show

I dropped it the second I realized it was about gambling. I just don't get how there'd be any appeal to watching people gamble.

>Watching poor's man Gamble Fish

Even black dudes have better tastes than Sup Forums holy shit

Honestly i still watch Boruto, Hero academy, and new Fate series seems decent. Castlevania was decent even though it was only 4 episodes.
But honestly 3-4 shows watchable shows is what i expect each season.

*yuri upgraded gamble fish

The appeal of gambling comes from the sheer randomness and the fact that the stakes can drastically change at any minute. It can be pretty fun to do or watch if you've got a few beers in you and you're playing with some crazy characters. At least for me the first episode was pretty entertaining because you watch a person's total mental downfall. Though I will agree, doing something like watching world series of poker is boring.

>sheer randomness and the fact that the stakes can drastically change at any minute
Except I doubt the gambling in the show is random (as in the mangaka used a random number generator/simulation to get the outcomes) and is instead scripted. This makes it fairly contrived, especially when you realize the "stakes" are the author pulling the strings.

this

True, but I still find the concept entertaining. Though the idea of an author using a random number generator for story events sounds like an interesting premise. I would be interested in finding manga designed around this principle.

I can't really distinguish them. Fujoshit is normally about males interacting with other males in a subtly sexualized or romanticized way. They behave pretty gay, although they are rarely canon gay.

Otomeshit is about males swarming around a self-insert female character, so they're merely harems with swapped genders.

I suppose you could add a third category, which I like to call boyshit, which is anime with an excuse of a plot and which has mainly male characters which could be out of fujoshit or otomeshit. The element distinguishing it from normal anime is that it's mainly centered around these characters, with an excuse for a plot.

I don't mind that females get their fun too, but currently the market is flooded with low quality shit that targets females only, and I would like to have at least some scraps of garbage that targets males.

The "randomness" is exactly why I don't find it interesting. Might as well watch a couple of Yakuza slavsquat in an alley way and play dice for all the excitement that elicits from me.

Every season is the worst season

>watched the first episode of everything
>planning on watching 22 shows.
I really don't get why you even watch seasonal anime if you don't watch 15+ shows.

Grand Torino keeps asking Deku "Who are you" for him to reply" I am here"

I can't help but feel that BnHA would be a thousand times better if ALL MIGHTU was the MC instead.

>This new season is shit. The only good show is [the only show I bothered to watch so far].

How many of these threads do we need?

>beta cuck MC
>babby tier "gambits"
>faces straight out of an early 00s hentai
How do people enjoy this?

That actually sounds pretty fun if they are willing to bet big bucks and you have a couple of violent and irrational people and a few sexy women in on the game.

Memes and shitposting aside, I have really hard time picking something this season. Too much yuribait and romance that doesn't seem to involve comedy. I used to watch 15-20 titles per season but for what's aired already this week only Isekai Shokudou got my attention ( Knight's & Magic to some degree).

>Too much yuribait
dem buzzwords. meant fujoshit

>I don't mind that females get their fun too, but currently the market is flooded with low quality shit that targets females only, and I would like to have at least some scraps of garbage that targets males

What are you even complaining about? The majority of anime this season is still targeted towards men. I could see one complaining about that the number of female-targeted stuff has been growing, but men still get the majority.

It's at the same level of popularity Naruto was when it first started, and it only keeps climing. There's no way it won't get a S3.

That's because summer is the season to catch bugs, not watch anime.

user, dunno if you knew this, but it's spelled as "climBing". You have a silent b there.

>Fate
>Ballroom Dancing
>Bahamut
>Gambling
>Made in Abyss

Last season was less promising and turned out to be meh except for a few good shows.

He's right, you know.

>Fate
>Aho Girl
>18if
>Gamers
>Gal (though if it follows the manga exactly I'm dropping this shit)
>Symphogeah
>Kakegurui
>Teekyu

Maybe
>Knights and Magic
>Centaur

What am I missing?

Fucking speedwatchers. Didn't you notice how there was an element of cheating present at the gamble itself? That is indicative of what future gamble will do (if her little pleasure rant on chance wasn't enough), so this is essentially a worse Penn and Teller with some elements of Kaiji. Overall not bad for a show airing this season.

>Made in Abyss
>Reflection
>Ballroom
>Centaur

If you aren't watching New Game!! then just leave now

Get back to work, Nene.