Just finished neon genesis. Will the movies make up for that dogshit ending? If so, which movie should I start with...

Just finished neon genesis. Will the movies make up for that dogshit ending? If so, which movie should I start with? Also, why is everyone so fucked in the head in this anime?

Watch eoe, ignore rebuilds

eoe?
rebuilds?
What?

"Everyone says the ending is shit so I'll say it too"
But, anyway, watch End of Evangelion then rebuilds which, I think, are a continuation

The movies I think is going towards a more streamlined story, socno pretentious confusing bullshit like the original or even end of evangelion.
I personally like the rebuild except for the useless glasses chick that serves no purpose.

how nu r u

Dude, I didn't even know people didn't like the ending til I finished it. Also what are the rebuilds?
Well I JUST finished evangelion, so

Google it, they are like a "remake" of the original series. The story takes its own turn after the 2nd movie. We are still waiting for the 4th movie.

But really I think that rebuilds happen after EoE. EoE = apocalypse and rebuilds are what happens afterwards. Just because Hideaki Anno wanted to make something 2deep4you

So, canonically, EoE takes place before neon genesis? And the rebuilds are..what, reimaginings of the story?

EoE takes place after episode 24 and replaces episodes 25 and 26.
>And the rebuilds are..what, reimaginings of the story?
Yeah, kind of, the first 2 movies are like NGE abridged with modern visuals

EoE is an alternate version of the ending, less philosophical and more wht actually happened. There are some alternate versions of episodes leading up to it. The Rebuilds are the entire show re-imagined yes, more of a mecha show and less of a character analysis

Thanks, you've been a kind anons.

And by the way don't you guys think that EoE is what actually happened and episodes 25 and 26 are what was happening in characters' heads?

Consider EoE the end of NGE, rebuilds are.. rebuilds, they changed some stuff, most of them for worse. Ramiel was probably the only good thing in them until now

That's one view. I think :

TV Ending = Shinji gets over his shit and allows himself to assimilate with humanity in the orange goo

End of Eva Ending = Shinji stops third impact, everyone becomes goo but him and asuka. Humanity fucked forever.

Weren't people able to get out of the sea once they accept/find their true self or whatever it was? Shin and Asuka were only the first ones. Earth's pretty much fucked though

>TV Ending
>Orange Goo
WHAT

Why did Anno decide to make the Second Impact cause the entire ocean to be red in the rebuilds? Timeloopfags need not apply

yeah pretty much. then can assert their individuality again if they choose and become a physical person again like they were before. But there's nothing left on earth. Everything's fucked

human instrumentality / third impact was happening in episode 25&26 of the TV series. It was just depicted symbolically with the dialogue and interrogation shit about the characters letting down their boundaries and fears of joining with others (their AT fields). Shinji is the last one to do this and gets congratulated in joining as one with the rest of humanity. No actual orange goo shown, because it was all symbolic / in the character's heads. But same difference, really.

Quit spoonfeeding this faggot.

OP, lurk for at least 2 years before posting, newfag.

knowing anno, he just did it because he thought it looked cool. if anyone knows an actual reason though i'm interested too

>Will the movies make up for that dogshit ending?
Yes, start watching from 1.0 now

this fucking anime. That shit went WAY over my head. Guess I'm not an intellectual. Also, what caused the third impact? Something involving Kaoru, right?

>It was just depicted symbolically with the dialogue and interrogation
the only people who finds that interesting are the assholes who are writing the script. What people wanted was to see what would happen and what it would look like since it was talked about so much through out the series.
Then Anno pulls this shit AGAIN with 3.0.

two things happend
1. Shinji awoke Eva 01 and it started its 3rd impact.
2. Gendo took Adam in his hand and put it into Rie.
Then the 2 rituals merged together.

Yes, the movie titled "End of Evangelion" clearly takes place before Evangelion and nowhere else in the story

some believe they are a sequel, because of all the "evidence" left behind in EoE.

Episode 25 and 26 are a psychological point of view of what's happening during Instrumentality (it's actually pretty literal too).
Episode 25' and 26' (AKA End of Evangelion) is the movie ending where it actually shows what's happening.

Other things to note
Death & Rebirth - Movie released during the time between the end of the TV series and EoE. Death is a recap of the series with newly animated scenes. Death later received a director's cut called Death(true), which received ANOTHER director's cut called Death(true)². Rebirth meanwhile acts as a preview for EoE, being a rougher cut of the first third of it.

Rebuilds - the "Evangelion new theatrical movies" which started coming out around a decade ago and retell the story in diverging way.
Evangelion 1.0 - called 1.0 in theaters, 1.01 in the initial flawed home release, and 1.11 in the better home release
Evangelion 2.0 - called 2.0 in theaters and 2.22 in the home release
Evangelion 3.0 - called 3.0 in theaters and 3.33 in the home release
Evangelion 3.0+1.0 - initially called Evangelion FINAL, hasn't come out yet

The Rebuilds aren't as bad as people say

Watch Death and Rebirth and Eva 4.0 when it comes out, that's all you need really, even the series is superfluous.

>a streamlined simplistic action movie tier story for morons to understand

Got it.

Oh yeah, and the material that was cut from the various versions of Death were added into later home releases of episodes 21-24, with these special extended episodes (now without openings) called 21', 22', 23', and 24'. If you saw the scene with Asuka trying to come onto Kaji on the boat at night, that was originally from one of the Deaths.

Some people might not realize you are joking.