Study: Majority of online news consumed by Trump supporters is fake news, actually

>Study: Majority of online news consumed by Trump supporters is fake news, actually

>Science has discovered the reason for modern political polarization, and it’s not Soros. Trump supporters simply do not live in consensus reality, a University of Oxford study has found.

>The study, from the university’s computational propaganda project, focused on the proliferation of trashy news sources in the three months leading up to Donald Trump’s first State of the Union address, and concluded that the majority (55%) of news shared and consumed by Trump supporters falls into its “junk news” category. Junk news was defined as coming from sites associated with low-quality, extremist, sensationalist or conspiratorial content — in other words, the very fake news Trump supporters loudly claim to hate.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>the majority (55%) of news shared and consumed by Trump supporters
IS FAKE

THE FUCKING MAJORITY
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

lulz.com/study-majority-of-news-consumed-by-trump-supporters-is-fake-news-596/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ndLWuNEbjsc
youtube.com/watch?v=dJMVkwQDlaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cDJru5cuWX4
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5205
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/35973
huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-supporters-read-share-fake-news_us_5a7a25f9e4b06505b4e8f07d
thinkprogress.org/trump-supporters-consumers-of-fake-news-c511ba18c1e0/
mercurynews.com/2018/02/06/trump-supporters-share-the-most-fake-news-study/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SHAREBLUE IS ALSO LISTED AS JUNK NEWS SO YOU CAN'T SAY THE STUDY IS BIASED

BANE
Friend. They expect one of us in
the wreckage.
The man nods, unhooks himself, takes Bane's arm.
HOODED MAN 2
Have we started the fire?

BANE

(NODS)
The fire rises.

trolls will get the rope just like traitors

>He actually thinks we care if the news we push is real or fake.

Lurk more and post less, faggot. Saged

Full list here. Plenty of crazy democrat sources as well so anybody claiming conspiracy or bias is a loony.

>that URL
Holy pot and kettle.

oops

>hey salon.com is not literally a salon wtf fake news

>>He actually thinks we care if the news we push is real or fake.
And there we have it.

Trump supporters, ladies and gentlemen.

>no zerohedge
jess

Drudge is on the list.
The list is Fake News

This is the most biased dumb shit I've read. Liberals will believe this.

Guess it's a good thing that I'm not a Trump supporter then.

>Cocksucking liberal pieces of shit declare all non-libtard news outlets fake news

>judicial watch
LMAO the absolute state of the swamp

I'm not sure if you're just a very dedicated LARPer with no job (nigger so checks out) or you actually believe what you have been posting in every thread.
Your existence on this board amuses me.

hello lanky nigger, wish I saved those pics of you.

>Drudge is fake news
Maybe in another world line

Notice none of these are major televised news stations. Only takes a second to figure out what they are doing here.

So what was their methodology for generating this list? What are their criteria for marking something as 'fake news'? Did they just grab websites they don't like, tally the total up and say 55% of the websites they don't like are 'Pro-Trump' and go 'Trumpfags BTFO!'? Even by their own metric 55% is a very slightly weighted coin flip, if the other 45% is how much Leftist trash is consumed then that doesn't reflect well on either side, so why focus only on one?

If the methodology was 55% is 'fake' news and the other 45% is 'real' news and they put shareblue in the 'fake' camp that makes them stupid enough to think Trump supporters are sharing shareblue because they agree with it, which calls into question every other site on the list. If you counted shares as agreement fucking vox and salon would be Sup Forums's favorite sites.

>drudge is fake news
>is a news aggregate of WaPo, NYT, and other major online news.
wew.

>Believes Mozart to be Black.

And none are popular liberal blogs, because reality has a liberal bias and now science confirms it.
They trained 12 people familiar with US politics to spot bias, conspiracy and trash sites.

>pastebin
Looks like based Nordic article stealer has russled their jimmies

came here to post this

You aren't liberal. You are Black Nationalist. You believe Jesus and Mozart to be Black and yourself to be a Kang.

Did unbiased people train those 12? That still doesn't clarify a single thing about their methodology. How do they know 55% of all media consumed by trump supporters is fake? Are they monitoring the traffic of all trump supporters to find this? Do they have voting records indicating who voted for who? Because if they have that information I'm far more concerned about that than whatever stupid thing they've done with it.

No I don't. Why do Trump supporters have this infantile and false view of the world? Is it because THE MAJORITY OF YOUR INFORMATION IS FAKE NEWS HUH?

Even Trump supporters admitted the methodology is great in yesterday's thread. University of Oxford is rigorous and has one of the best reputations in the world for solid science.

Trump is his own man, doesn't need my support. If I said Mozart was Black under a memeflag you would support my statement.

>Retarded brits try to explain why Trump got ellected
>"Oy Yankee's, you watch to much fake news"
>Post list of "fake" news sites
>Pastebin.com
Yeah, I can disregard that since the study apparently believes that pastebin is a news website but, thinks shit like the Mary Sue is news and real.

>all sources outside MSM and approved auxiliary sites are fake news

Oh boy...

youtube.com/watch?v=ndLWuNEbjsc

youtube.com/watch?v=dJMVkwQDlaQ

youtube.com/watch?v=cDJru5cuWX4

wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5205

wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/35973

>surprisingly, the study did not find a lot of Russian sites being shared
Wasn't that what the MSM was blabbering about for months after the election? That Russian propagandists and media outlets were highly prevalent news sources for Trump supporters? Why exactly do they get a free pass here? Not that most of the right wing sites they listed are all that credible either mind you.

>even shills in the last thread agreed with me

Laughing also you know what goes in fall fields

the site you posted wants to ban white men from voting

>study proves that fake news is more trustworthy that real news
really makes you go HMMMMMMMM

And yet you aren't explaining the methodology... I'm not 'Trump supporters' so I haven't seen shit, you deflecting makes me highly suspicious you're just lying.

kys shill. Saged

Once again, here is what the memo revealed:

In order to conduct surveillance, a FISA application comes from the FISC, to be approved and acted by the DOJ and FBI. The Carter Page application left out certain information in order for it to be approved which is a criminal act. The things which were left out also point to criminal actions on part of those involved:

The fact that the Steele dossier was paid for by the DNC and Clinton through Fusion GPS and Perkin Coie.

The fact that Steele was working with an unnamed person, and was also paid for by the FBI.

The fact that Steele provided the information for a Yahoo article which was used as evidence, under the direction of Fusion and Perkins, controlled by the DNC/Clinton.

Steele should have been terminated as a source for his media contact, but concealed and lied to the FBI about it.

The fact that Steele was proven biased against Trump in a recording.

The fact that Steele was close with the DOJ even after being terminated from the FBI as a source.

Deputy director McCabe testified that no surveillance warrant would have been sought without the Steele dossier.

The application also lies about a Trump campaign advisor conspiring with Carter Page, where there is no evidence.

FBI agent Pete Strzok who had investigated the supposed conspiracy, and FBI attorney Lisa Page (unrelated to Carter Page) had conspired through texts to leak information to the media and discussed meeting with McCabe to discuss a "insurance" policy against President Trump's election

If you are being paid to be here, Treason charges can apply to you. Ask yourself if what you are doing right now is worth your life.

>lulz
sounds reputable...

Eat shit op

>The Federalist and CampusReform "fake news"
>TYT non-partisan

lmao

That's the point, they were expecting their to be lots of russian sites, but there aren't, because the russia narrative is horseshit. Still isn't going to stop them from saying it over and over again though.

>shareblue

yet somehow buzzfeed didn't make this list...

really activates the almods

Treason and being an accomplice of espionage is not a small sentence.
You must think: is the risk worth my entire future?

>>>Consensus Reality
That's a joke right? Reassure me that nobody with a brain actually think Consesus Reality is anything but a joke.

man i FUCKING love S C I E N C E

PICKLE RICKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>campus reform fake news

They just keep making up all that stuff about radical liberal professors

This (((study))) can't be real?

The study considers shareblue one of the 'fake news' sites these 'trump supporters' are consuming and sharing regularly, so tell me how good their methodology is.

>Campus Reform
>Junk News
>In a study from Oxford
Surely not biased at all.

But consensus reality isn't science. It's basically religion tier.

this is how I imagine getting high on your own farts looks like.

Saged

That's it though, the study doesn't consider the content of the sites at all. You think Trump Supporters are rabidly consuming and being indoctrinated by fucking shareblue? All of this is automated, which is why fucking pastebin is 'fake news'

>TYT reliable
fake

>russia narrative is horseshit

And yet there are 2 indictments (Paul Manafort, Richard Gates), 2 plea deals (Mike Flynn, George Papadopoulous) and a now Gate's lawyers quit (most likely for a plea deal).

Plea deal are admissions of guilt.

Not to mention the recusals, and lying to FBI about Russians by numerous Trump officials. (Sessions, Kushner, Don Jr.).

So yeah total horseshit. You're a dumb motherfucker ain't you?

>look for dailycaller
>it's there
never post it on here ever again

>needing training to spot opinion vs fact

the absolute state of human intelligence
pathetic

or vox

Duh. Trumpcucks will never learn

>study of false stories shared on social media
>no fix for stories shared that needed subsequent correction or shared without said correction
People wonder why the soft sciences get laughed at.

Only plebs don’t get High on fart methane
Do you even have a can room?

>authentic news reports from outlets like BBC, CNN, Young Turks, and MSNBC
tells you everything you need to know right there. more liberal "science". meanwhile ive never heard of most of these "junk sites". kys nigger.

>Implying "fake news" is exclusive of the mainstream media
>Implying pastebin is a news website
>Implying a site named "lulz.com" provides credible information

Every single person in the chain of events that led to this article being posted here has shat the bed.

>drudge is fake news

how the fuck? it's literally just links to external sites, i don't believe this "study"

>DrudgeReport.
>A site that links to WaPo & NYT more than any other sources.
>WaPo and NYT not on the list.

Interdasting.

Drudge is an news aggregate doesn't actually write anything themselves

Judicial Watch is a government watch dog not a media outlet.

Also pastebin? WTF?

You must be trolling, I refuse to believe this is someone's legitimate opinion.

>american thinker
>breitbart
>daily caller
>drudge report
>judicial watch
>national review
>FUCKING PASTEBIN
>rasmussen reports
>shareblue (!!!)
>the federalist

Yeah, this list is totally legit and not automated at all.

>Trump supporters, ladies and gentlemen.
>Australia flag
Can I be a Trump supporter too?
I don't even have an american SSN but I'd vote for him anyday of the week

>define "junk news" as any right wing news source
>lmao drunpf fans only read junk nees
Junk science

It's all in the study hosted on University of Oxford servers. You are just uninformed (there are studies about that too). It was all over media today.

lol wtf?

>Pic Related

>fakenews
pic related

>expecting us to care if we over exaggerate or outright lie
This is all just a game at this point.

So how did Putin swing the election? What did he hack, what votes were changed illegally? I'll gladly bow to my russian overlords if they can change paper ballots from across an ocean, they might as well be gods at that point.

>B-but Putin wanted Trump to win and maybe some Russians said they also wanted Trump to win
And Trudeau tried guilt tripping Americans into voting Hillary, we going to go annex Canada now for trying to swing our election?

y b troll'n?

>judicial watch
>Documents released by our government pursuant to FOIA are fake news
Our politicians are liars and the bureaucrats are self-serving crooks, but I don’t know that you can call them fake news.

shit.
You decide

>lulz.com

WEW THIS IS TRULY CREDIBLE SCIENCE AMIRITE?!?!

Not to mention, kek @ the fact that libtards always put MUH DRUDGE on the list even though it's a fucking link aggregator site and commonly links to leftist websites. I do laugh at how scary that big, bad DRUDGE REPORT scares the living shit out of liberals and they won't even view it to see what it really is.

>attacks news sources
>posts a link from lulz.com

What did he mean by this?

You're a traitor

>EVERYONE BESIDES US BAD, ONLY LISTEN TO US

>left-wingers stick to authentic news reports from outlets like...Young Turks
>rasmussenreports a legitimate polling firm listed
>no salon, slate, vox, vice, cracked, huffington post

>tfw you only get you news from pastebin

>article about fake news
>published on lulz.com

>the media that has been investigating the media has found only the media that this media generates is good

Brb grabbing some bullshit to eat convincingly so I can say "I never would have eaten bullshit if it wasn't true, therefore I must be believed."

msm obfuscates the effects of nigger crime every day. for decades. your average person is truly shocked to learn that niggers commit 50% of all violent crimes. msm now also claims muslims and terrorism are not correlated.

All media is 100% kike controlled and fake

>Trust in (((Mainstream Media))) at an all time low after being repeatedly exposed as liars and puppets.
>Study suggests non-mainstream media is "junk" and "fake"
>(((Mainstream Media))) peddles the study.

Well wasn't that just convenient for them.

Holy shit you are a fucking retard.

>"hahaha, trump supporters read fake news"
>source used: lulz.com

>American Thinker
>campus reform.org
>Drudge Report
>Washington Free Beacon
>Hannity
>Judicial Watch.org
>Rasmussen Reports
>The Federalist

These are excellent small publications, advocacy groups, and heavily trafficked mainstream websites. Go fuck and/or kill yourself

who conducted the study and which jew was it?

this is what other posts on this website look like.

the quality of shills has really gone down
they just rely on spamming threads, it's pathetic
>in all fields

>esteemed internet culture magazine LULZ is a jooish conspiracy because it links an Oxford study that proves I'm a delusional dumbass
Trump supporters, ladies and gentlemen

Also they aren't very well read, exactly what the study found.

More sources:
huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-supporters-read-share-fake-news_us_5a7a25f9e4b06505b4e8f07d
thinkprogress.org/trump-supporters-consumers-of-fake-news-c511ba18c1e0/
mercurynews.com/2018/02/06/trump-supporters-share-the-most-fake-news-study/

this