Trump’s ‘marching orders’ to the Pentagon: Plan a grand military parade

washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-marching-orders-to-the-pentagon-plan-a-grand-military-parade/2018/02/06/9e19ca88-0b55-11e8-8b0d-891602206fb7_story.html

President Trump’s vision of soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the boulevards of Washington is moving closer to reality in the Pentagon and White House, where officials say they have begun to plan a grand military parade later this year showcasing the might of America’s armed forces.

Trump has long mused publicly and privately about wanting such a parade, but a Jan. 18 meeting between Trump and top generals in the Pentagon’s tank — a room reserved for top secret discussions — marked a tipping point, according to two officials briefed on the planning.

Surrounded by the military’s highest ranking officials, including Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joe Dunford, Trump’s seemingly abstract desire for a parade was suddenly heard as a presidential directive, the officials said.

“The marching orders were: I want a parade like the one in France,” said a military official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the planning discussions are supposed to remain confidential. “This is being worked at the highest levels of the military.”

American shows of military strength don’t come cheap. The cost of shipping Abrams tanks and high-tech hardware to Washington could run in the millions, and military officials said it was unclear how they would pay for it.

A White House official familiar with the planning described the discussions as “brainstorming” and said nothing is settled. “Right now there’s really no meat on the bones,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal discussions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8buh5A70loA
youtube.com/watch?v=TDIRnYBRbXw
youtu.be/4MeV0E6Ibyk
youtube.com/watch?v=8-6aoTHyAHA
youtube.com/watch?v=JhinmKZMe_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What a waste of my tax dollars.

Will it be televised?

might be a nice chance to occupy DC while the swamp is drained IRL

Uh guys. I was only meeming about going to war and right ring death squads....

too bad

Calm down and stop tripping...

waaaahhh

Hell yeah! Just watch the Jews are going to try and shut this down.

Soon

That's nice, even mexishit has the independence day military parade

I doubt they get parade pay, user.

The shit is already paid for.

I like this

>meme flag

eurocuck detected

ABOUT DAMN TIME

OF COURSE HE WOULD WANT SOME FASCIST NAZI STYLE PARADE

I've always dreamed of a modern military parade. We've always been cucked by liberals who would have been too butthurt about it. Militrary parades are often attributed to fascist or totalitarian regimes like north Korea. But an American military parade would be something special. A huge boost of nationalism and pride.

Numbers and the swamp is drained irl

they should have the expenses of the military cut to reasonable levels and then it woudn't be so bad, having a military parade shoudn't be such a ridiculous notion, but because it hasn't been done in forever and the military is becoming a huge swamp in of itself it's a huge deal now.

It can be communist style if you want, it's basically the same thing, it's just different in your mind.

WE RUSHANS NAO!

Communist style emphasizes weaponry.

He was being sarcastic btw

WE RED SQUARE NOW

You don't know that, sometimes lefties come to make their threads and wander around in other threads and posting longer than they should.

They don't type in all caps to mimic outrage, friend.
Shouldn't reply to them anyways. Filter and carry on

PRAISE KEK ITS HAPPENING

Literally Hitler lmao what timeline is this

now we can have a dickwaving contest with the Victory Day Parade. Maybe we can dig up some old Shermans to drive around

>American shows of military strength don’t come cheap. The cost of shipping Abrams tanks and high-tech hardware to Washington could run in the millions, and military officials said it was unclear how they would pay for it.
WHOA, MILLIONS? We already ship tanks around all over the place. If it's so expensive how come every third world shithole does it?

what about hillary

better put him next to netanyahu

kys

>The cost of shipping Abrams tanks and high-tech hardware to Washington could run in the millions, and military officials said it was unclear how they would pay for it.
That's fuck all in terms of the amount of money the government deals with. Fuck's sake. The government throws millions of dollars at crapshoot projects all the time on the off chance they produce something of value.

Also how the fuck was a chinese news source reporting on this before any american source?

about time America restores some of that military pride!

trump is sheev

youtube.com/watch?v=8buh5A70loA

You better start believing in meme-based realities, user. You're in one.

Sheeiiiit I remember when this idea got floated, the absolute madman is actually pushing for it! This is the timeline that just keeps on giving.

Look how expensive it is to ship a crummy box. Think of ten ton tank now.

Can you imagine the triggering this would cause?
Holy shit such a glorious timeline. All the leftyfags would protest it, all the redbloods would attend, muslims might try to jihad it, holy fuck I can't wait.

We should start measuring these in units of $1 billion, known in the Statndard Model as a Clinton Campaign Cost.

The military parade could restore American pride in the armed forces while giving an unsubtle display of might to the rest of the world for the absolute bargain of under 0.1 Clinton Campaigns. Surely Mattis realizes a defense budget running in the hundreds of Clinton Campaigns per year could afford such a "publicity event", especially considering the high soldier-morale-per-Clinton-Campaign yield.

I FUCKING WASN'T. THE TIME IS NIGH MOTHER FUCKERS. GET HYPED FAGGOTS.

Weaponized lightning when

Yes let's waste the same amount of money having these guys sit on base and bitch about having nothing to do but more training. Keep your dick holster closed unless you are using it.

Trigger them all.

Who cares? There's a way to do everything. If they were going to be shipped somewhere else, just have them stop in D.C. for the parade, then continue.

this, we just need a private military already

sexy

its time for america to play as the good guys

youtube.com/watch?v=TDIRnYBRbXw

What a day we live in when romes' triumphs are relived in a modern day.

>What a waste of my rent money.

It's been planned for a long time. Just gotta let Trudeau weaken them a little more.

Reckon we can take it faster than the Germans took Denmark?

We haven't had a large military parade in freaking years. Good to hear it.

>Election time memes
Those are like having finished and thoroughly enjoyed a bag of your favourite sweets, only to discover there's still some left

Saddle up lads

yes.

Fucking badass

>mfw he's just doing this to show Kim what's really up.
>yfw the mechs walk by.

Crossing the Potomac When?

>tfw terrorist attack the military parade

That’s the plot of command and conquer generals

This is actually a plan to enact martial law and march into sanctuary cities arresting all traitors abetting illegal aliens.

stunning and brave

The eagle flies forever

even brazil does it once a year

98 miles from our border to their capital city with half their fucking population within artillery range and no threat of nuclear retaliation....

We can have a tank turret up their entire governments ass in 2 hours. Lets call it three hours to account for any minor resistance they might be able to throw together and to establish air superiority. The question is, will the be rolling into a city that surrendered 3 hours ago, or will they be rolling into ruins.

Any F14 webm there, friend?

I love how the article acts like this has never been a thing in the US.

>enact martial law and march into sanctuary cities arresting all traitors
BlitzMarsch

Well I'm not.

Well, to be fair, that's the only function of our military.

I hope you remember these words on your death bed and slowly fade into eternity knowing you were a coward who asked others to fight and die so that you may prosper.

You are the Jew.

As a former military member who happened to be stationed in DC, let me state emphatically that this sucks for everyone involved. Nobody wants to waste time performing in a damn parade for no fucking reason. Fuck Trump for this bullshit.

Good taste

please trump no more
I'm tired of checking
kys roach
564 years too long

You're talking about people who claim America's such a successful country because of our "diversity" and "inclusiveness"

In their narrative, American history started in 1965

A parade to surpass metal gear.

Even we have our ANZAC day parades. It's funny the Americans aren't really known for military parades. They might look funny though because they're pretty diverse.

Kek, that's just a loose band of military vehicles with some apes walking around them

ANZAC day parades are just a bunch of old veterans going down the street in floats. That's not to showcase the military, but to salute veterans.

Trump wants a Chinese/Russian style military parade. We've never had anything like that.

>left wing: we need to support refugee's
>right wing: we need to support our veterans
>Trumps Parade
>left wing: we need to support our veterans
so now what? do we now say bring in the immigrants or what? they keep changing their narratives...

those digits...
it's going to happen
thank you user!

fuck ya Rome! nothing bad ever happened to the Roman Empire!

they use to be local for the 4th of July. you'd have an old military vehicle roll down main street
because the people make up the military and we show our pride in our towns instead of some marxist commie centralized power show of force in the capital.

>left wing: we need to support our veterans
What the fuck does a Nork style parade have to do with supporting the veterans? The parade will cost hundreds of millions of dollars, and that money could be better spent, in you know, funding the Department of Veterans' Affairs?

Created the foundation of the civilized world niggers take for granted then turned christian and lasted for 2,206 years? lol tell me about the immortal deeds of the great wakandan empire bro

fag

The parade itself will boost morale.
However you do have a point about the VA, the Social Security funds should be liquidated into that.

>trump wants troops and artillery brought to washington for a "parade"
looks like the swamp is about to get drained

FIRE INTO THE CROWDS

>The parade itself will boost morale.
If Trump cares about boosting morale, he could just as easily visit troops in combat areas, which he hasn't done.

But that draft dodging prick just wants a parade to honour himself, and you bootlickers just lick it up. Enjoying footing the bill to pay for the repair of DC's streets which weren't made to support huge tanks rolling over them.

It's going to be modelled on the French Bastille day parade which was militarised by Napoleon, since Trump in the new Napoleon I think It's appropriate.
The Australian military is heavily involved in ANZAC day marches, they might not showcase weapons and carry on but they do participate.

youtu.be/4MeV0E6Ibyk

This shit is fucking boss.
youtube.com/watch?v=8-6aoTHyAHA
youtube.com/watch?v=JhinmKZMe_o

>Showing up in the shit only to say hi and run fixes moral.

Not for civilians.