It was a good movie, the only problem is that it tries to be Ghost in the Shell while not being Ghost in the Shell...

it was a good movie, the only problem is that it tries to be Ghost in the Shell while not being Ghost in the Shell. Also the ending sucks.

The original movie had the Puppeteer, that was a more interesting "villain" and plot device. I don't know why they didn't use it. Aside from the cast, if they just use the original plot in a different setting (cyberpunk in USA) it could have worked better than the stupid mix they tried to make. I have to say though that the cyberpunk vibe was cool and well done.

Why is scarlett so ugly on that cover?

I don't know, man. Maybe being in your 30s isn't good for your face.

The plot is all over the place tho. The scenes with the mother are beyond retarded.

I do agree it won't be that bad if it wasn't called GitS.

no

It could be call Ghost in the Shell, but USA perspective. I don't remember what the lore said about America (continent) or the other asian countries. wasn't Batou a former USA Army Ranger?

>wasn't Batou a former USA Army Ranger?
He is.

>It could be call Ghost in the Shell, but USA perspective
Not really, is too inconsistent with the source material. At that point is better to make a new setting.

Read the rules newfag.

Imagine being the Puppet Master in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Motoko Kusanagi, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your flabby body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally merge my consciousness with you, both my ghost and the real me." when all he really wants to do is hack another loli sexbot in the red light district. Like seriously imagine having to be the Puppet Master and not only sit in that chair while Kusanagi flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and doughy skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that stance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, KUSANAGI LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been hacking nothing but a healthy diet of foreign diplomats and politicians and later Section 9 staff for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Section 6. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and merge with her "Rubenesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the Minister of Foreign Affairs calls for another hacking, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the cyberpolice could shut you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're the fucking Puppet Master. You're not going to lose your future ghost over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>good

Careful with all that bait user

It was so abysmal that actually you couldn't even get angry enought that they used the franchise. EVERYTHING screamed shit so much that you didn't get to that point.

>it was a good movie
No it wasn't. It was boring, and not in a good way.

You'd think they did it on purpose. I mean, what the fuck can you actually save from that movie? MAYBE the costume department. Maybe.

When I saw the film like 45 minutes before the end people were talking, laughing and doing shit on their cellphones.
That's how much GITS failed: it couldn't grab a public that didn't even want a deep experience, just basic entertainment.

>It was boring, and not in a good way.
So exactly like the 1995 movie then?

>Not really, is too inconsistent with the source material. At that point is better to make a new setting.

I mean, they should have made a movie about USA perspective in the Ghost in the Shell universe. The actual movie is a mix of different things that doesn't make sense.

ScarJo was never that good looking to be quite honest.

I try to think is not Ghost in the Shell and just a random cyberpunk movie. That's the only way I can sleep at night.

>Sup Forums - Anime & Manga
>rule 4:
The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

>The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

kek, you answered your own question newfag.

ok Sup Forums, you have the money and the free hand to do a GITS movie BUT it must be about the perspective of your country. is it going to be good or a total mess?

>Canada

aren't we nuked in the lore?

>I mean, they should have made a movie about USA perspective in the Ghost in the Shell universe
For the US and EU normie public? Well, yeah, that's actually a good idea. And couldn't be worst that the shit they made.

>nukes
>doing anything to 10 million km2 of land

>it was a good movie
no it really wasnt
The parts in non English were annoying as shit and pointless. Ether have the balls and commit or dont.
All section members except Batou were no more than replaceable background set pieces that got no more than 30 seconds screen time each.
For a movie with only 2 main characters their relationship and interactions dont evolve or get built on or change throughout the movie.
Villains motive and actions made completely no sense. Why kidnap homeless people when there would be millions willing to take the risk of death at a small chance of being give a new body, especially terminally ill and old.
How the fuck some private company expects to take on a government agency directly and get away with it? Are they gonna take on teh police and the military next?
Would be as moronic as some big US defense company raiding FBI headquarters and thinking nobody would care.
The shoehorned gits animated movie scenes pissed me off, mostly since they wre all done in a much worse way.

But mostly, its a fucking shitty version of Robocop 2014 version, which was a shitty version or Robocop. Its gits by name only.

>The parts in non English were annoying as shit and pointless.
I thought that was just Kitano and he already did that in Johnny Mnemonic, so I just took it as him trying to have a bit of fun.
But casting him was the real mistake here, I don't know who thought that was a good idea.

>Italy

Well, that would be... different.
Actually I'd say it would be a mess not for the setting but because, goddamn, good luck finding scifi about Italy. We can't imagine our future since the fascists ruined that idea.

I don't think they actually say anything about Europe in GITS anyway. There was the English episode but it's not clear.

>In the future, the line between
human and machine is disappearing

Advancments in technology allow humans
to enhance themselves with cybernetic parts

Hanka Robotics, funded by the government, is developing a military operative that will blur the line even further by transplanting a human brain
into a fully synthetic body, they will combine the strongest attributes of Human and Robot

>military operative
>they picked a short jew body
It really annoys the shit out of me, she's not even doing covert operations in the movie.

>good luck finding scifi about Italy
I'll swear they had some pretty good comic artists during the 80s.

>it was a good movie
This is the era of film that we live in. People make excuses for garbage films with "well its fine in comparison to a stinking pile of dogshit." That does not mean it was a good movie just because it wasn't as bad as Transformers.

They explicitly said she had that body 'cause it was unassuming. A standard japanese woman (maybe a little prettier than the usual, but not particularly. Consider that Shirow doesnt' draw ugly women period).

I mean, she is a full cyborg, she doesn't need a bigger frame.

Not about Italy tough, if you're thinking Nathan Never.

That's why it sold like hotcakes, right? Go fucking kill yourself.

>Not about Italy tough
Welp. What about the 80s spaghetti movies? No one of them was about Italy?

Do Aria count as Italy? I mean, is in Mars, but is still Venezia.

Can someone explain me, why and how the fuck ScarJo was supposed to be a selling point?
Her acting is barely existant, she isn't that attractive by herself, she can barely pull off convincing action, she has 3-4 at best facial expressions trough any movie she was in. She kinda looks the part, but that's it.
Is it leftover marvel hype?

What the fuck is wrong with her eyes?
She looks revolting

They fucked up because they didn't into cultural differences.

GITS original was about gray morality and learning to find your place in the system. The hollywood version swapped it out for a generic western revenge plot.

The director is a moron and is famous for remaking Snow White into an edgy blockbuster. He is also a scumbag who knowingly seduces taken women.

On top of that, I can only guess. Maybe some jews thought ScarJos work in stuff like "Under the Skin" would allow to fit the character of a "robot". Unfortunately, as your mentioned, ScarJo is the ultimate fools good of actresses. Her classic bombshell looks, combined with her role in Lost in Translation, tricked everyone into thinking she was the thinking mans Marilyn Monroe or something. But Lost in Translation was a once in a lifetime stroke of luck in terms of casting her. It just happened to work. She isnt some avant garde actress who can carry any film she stars in.

>it was a good movie
No it wasn't. Not on any level in fact. Not as GITS and not even as it's own thing

I think I'm going to be sick.

It wouldn't have mattered since it's clear that the movies writers and shitty director had no understanding of what they were adapting.

If not for them badly shoehorning iconic scenes from the anime adaptions there would be nothing to tell me this has anything to do with GITS.

Scarjo isn't playing The Major, like at all. She's a completely different character Her whole shitty backstory along with Section 9 looking at her as a "one of a kind weapon" pretty much completely goes against her character.

The Major isn't the first of her kind or special/chosen one whatever bullshit the movie, she literally uses an off the shelf prosthetic body and has more than one. She's just a really skilled hacker/operator with a cyborg body.

In this shitty movie she's a regular Japanese girl who is kidnapped and has her brain pu into a cyborg body and memories erased. That's Robocop, not GITS. They also string together scenes from the anime but forget what made them work in the first place.

The whole garbage truck scene made no sense whatsoever in the context of the film. Why in the fuck would regular trash collectors be doing with semi auto weapons in the first place?

No, they were western. We did some scifi, kinda do still, but we can't really project our country in that.
>no bullshit, I think it's revealing of our country more than many things

Aria was surprisngly well researched considering the premise. The feel of the Redentore was there, tough through japanese eyes, and that's not something you learn by reading it. Amano doesn't give a fuck about art history, apparently, but I think she has a genuine love for the architecture and all that. It's still something we couldn't imagine in 1000 years, but it's interesting because of that.

One thing was pretty idiotic tough, the acqua alta.
>terraform mars
>earth is shit and Venice is flooded
>transport a whole fucking city there to save it
>it still is flooded sometimes

What the actual fuck. And no, acqua alta isn't something "magical", my dearest tourists. It's the sign that the city is destroying itself.

3dpd are ugly in nature.

They fucked up the second they let Avi Arad and Rupert Sanders any where near it.

It's unfortunate that the live action GITS movie didn't have the talent behind it that Blade Runner :2049 does.

>But Lost in Translation was a once in a lifetime stroke of luck in terms of casting her.
I fucking completly forgot she was in Lost in Translation. Holy shit, looks likes all the rest of the stuff which I saw her in just blanked out one movie I actually enjoeyed her in.
Isn't the rest of her non marvel stuff either painfully average at best to flops at worst?

it was the worst it possibly could have been. it wasnt even like funny-bad like dragonball evolution. just the most painfully mediocre and boring thing possible.

>On top of that, I can only guess. Maybe some jews thought ScarJos work in stuff like "Under the Skin" would allow to fit the character of a "robot".

She was actually really good in "Under The Skin" but anyone who thinks that means she would make a good "Major" are pretty much people who have only ever seen the 1995 movie.

Sad Hollywood is 90% shit when it comes to casting and almost only go for big names. Off the Top of my head, Julie Estelle ( pic related) or even Ally Maki would fit the look of The Major more than Scarjo ever could.

Can someone post the artbook page of the GitS liveaction movie featuring the original Motoko?

Too bad it didnt flop hard enough and they will try again.

Whats the next anime to be raped?

Problems:
1. The acting sucked.
2. The villain was 1-dimensional "muahahah I'm a bad guy!" type villain with no interesting motivations or depth whatsoever

>Why in the fuck would regular trash collectors be doing with semi auto weapons in the first place?
That's normal in USA, especially if that truck working in some ghetto.

You're right, it would be even easier because most live in cities

>Like many other industrialized countries, Canada is a very highly urbanized nation. In 2006, just over 80% of the population was living in urban areas, and roughly two thirds of Canadians were living in a census metropolitan area

>Sad Hollywood is 90% shit when it comes to casting
Jews trying to pull their own kin usually. Connections, be it race or anything else, and big names means more than things like talent or fitting the character.

Read past the first 9 words, newfag.

that will be interesting, a cyberpunk Italy could be fun to watch.

>they picked a short jew body

jokes aside, it could be a good idea to grab a very low profile body if they wanted to make infiltrations or assassinations. A small woman will be easier to not care or to underestimate. Strenght and speed is not a problem anymore if your body is made of synthetic muscles and tendons that are stronger that the ones any man could have.

but the true is that she got the job because hollywood.

they should have made a GITS about USA (with a small cameo of the Major). I love cyberpunk and shadowrun. The lore of GITS is big, they just could ask the author about it.

>Why in the fuck would regular trash collectors be doing with semi auto weapons in the first place?

AFAIK, they are hacked. Hell, we don't even know if they were trash collectors at all. That shit doesn't justify the shit plot though.

Attack on Titan

Eren will be an african american and Micasa a latina.

I think everyone forgot that the bad guy was a white guy in a city of multicultural backgrounds.

We're already living in a cyberpunk world user

Not really, smartphones doesn't exist in cyberpunk stories.

No one really predicted them or wifi but other than that the majority of shit from cyberpunk stuff from the 80s and 90s is already here, even cybernetics are around if not widespread

We also lack a lot of "punk", so basically we are scifi, except real, so we are just living the science age.

Okay I guess it's more post-cyberpunk, but the monolithic corporate shit is still there

>the monolithic corporate shit is still there
Not as huge as the cyberpunk stories. But I see your point and agree that we are living in the realistic and sensible (post)cyberpunk.

I enjoyed the movie, but I feel two things weren't done right:
There was no need to introduce her mother. That bit was rather pointless.
They also needed to play the damage done to Major's body up after physically dismantling the spider robot.

Beyond those two things, its a solid 9/10. With them, especially the 1st, an 8.

Why does she look like Tommy Wiseau in the The Room poster?