What separates people who go to Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge from those who don't?

What separates people who go to Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge from those who don't?

Are they just naturally smarter? Do they work harder? What is it?

Also,at every place I've worked at the Oxford and Cambridge graduates are subconsciously treated better than those who aren't. E.g. being asked on their opinions more often.

>mfw forever second place

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IbkQcrayq6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Being born into money seems to be the biggest factor.

swimming out of a rich man's balls

money or inferior genetics

I was accepted to Harvard, Community College and State School saved me about 60-70 grand and I was able to develop my skills as a laborer during that time by declining. I apply to Master's assistantships all the time at these schools though, their degree programs are very helpful. A lot of the information these schools teach is available online, it's nearly impossible to attack it with the requisite energy to internalize it by yourself though unless you have lots of discipline.

youtube.com/watch?v=IbkQcrayq6Q

From what I've noticed . you have to be either:
>Rich
>Your parents, grandparents, etc. were alumni
>Underrepresented minority

Those schools get so many applications that even if you are a perfect student you could still be denied.

i have a friend who graduated from oxford that now works for the government and hes a fucking degenerate drug addict.

also, hes book smart but socially retarded and extremely awkward.
we had to pay a hooker just to take his virginity hes that ugly btw.

It has nothing to do with nepotism, trust me goys!

Family friend growing up's sister was able to go. Middle class, white. She went for a bullshit major though.

It isn’t. Intelligence is a much better predictor if going to oxbridge than money.

Might be different in America

I’m a Cambridge graduate btw

Harvard is mostly diversity students and Jews and legacy trust fund babies, with a small amount of people who merit going there.

Can't speak for Oxbridge because I'm not a Bong, but I assume it's similar.

>What separates people who go to Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge from those who don't?

a last name like goldbergstein?

They’re better at doing what they’re (((told)))

>Are they just naturally smarter? Do they work harder?
Only if they're white.

Then again I've met some white Harvard grads who were dumb as a post. Money is really the big factor.

Depends

Most people from Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge are much less educated than students from other universities.

the "elite" universities are nowadays just a location to learn the kids of the rich people. They are only for business connections. Outside of business connections those universities are inferior to most other universities.

The students learn less. The exams are much easier and the qualification is worth nothing.

The only reason you have to hire a student from a "elite" university is because you want the money from her or his daddy.

A degree from Harvard means: I'm not as good as other students, but my daddy is rich!

All those universities were important because of the Professors and their students. But in the current year, those Universities try to hire the best Professors to protect their fake reputation, but the Students of those Universities are a joke. Without their parents they would never get a degree on any other university, but the best fake degree on Harvard.

From what i can gather it's an oligarchical thing.
Not completely tho, its stupid to turn down smart people, but there is a lot of dumb fucks who just ride the family name.

Well harvard is entirely different from oxbridge as american unis look more into ”character”, while british universities are more academically oriented. Of course a lot of people get bachelors in lesser known unis and then do masters at one of the elite schools, which based on what I’ve heard is pretty smart. Also what must be kept in mind is that your major matters far more than the school, and also all the data I’ve seen suggests that people who go to elite schools aren’t that special.

T. Applied recently.

What subject did you graduate in?

I’ve noticed this trend a lot. People get ridiclous majors just so that they can go to these big name universities. Not very smart!

Most of the time it's because you realise you have to study.

A lot of people don't realise it until it's too late.

these schools aren't that prestigious anymore

they used to be top tier because they had the most resources

but you don't need many resources anymore to be a good university , due to the internet

It’s a thin faced held up by golden curtain rods...

Sorry, I’m a phone poster... FACADE

So much salt in this thread about Harvard and Oxbridge kids. Ivy and Oxbridge, along with a few other "public Ivys" and some of the London schools, are world class institutions of learning. The average IQ of students at each school correlates with the school's ranking, I'd bet my life on it.

I don't know y'alls system but I would guess it's a mixture of smarts, hard work and who you know, similar to how it is here for our top Universities.

>Intelligence is a much better predictor if going to oxbridge than money.
Lmao, most oxbridge grads I have worked with went to private schools

LOL i know many people that went there, and they are not smart, they are hard working and wealthy

although you can go there even if you aren't wealthy

Just looked at the average SAT scores of schools in the US. The ivy leagues are good, but many non ivy league schools are on the same level and sometimes even better.

>I'd bet my life on it.

Worthless

You can still get a well paid finance positions even if you have shitty degree (think literature, art) from a top uni. I find it funny how the BB bank I work at hires people that studied history at oxbridge instead of Hiring someone from a slightly worse uni with a finance background and experience.

>Intelligence is a much better predictor if going to oxbridge than money.
If you're brought up in a comfortable wealthy household, where your parents take an active interest in your future you're going to stand a better chance of ending up in an elite university than someone brought up by a violent alcoholic in a slum, irrespective of innate intelligence.

Really!? Well shit maybe I should have applied for art history instead of engineering then :D. I somewhat doubt however that your anecdote is the general trend.

It is a trend.
Getting a degree from a state school/shit uni isn't worth it.

Just go on linked in and look up some analysts that work for Bulge bracket banks (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan etc.) and you'll see how many liberal arts grads work here as analysts.

>I find it funny how the BB bank I work at hires people that studied history at oxbridge
Yeah, I know someone who studied history at Oxford then went straight into a very highly paid banking position, I would've assumed a degree in finance would've been more appropriate.

was she good looking?

Oxbridge doesn't even do finance degrees as far as I am aware.

Btw, Is that guy named Will by any chance?

All I’m seeing is asians from local universities with bachelors in business and computing. Somehow I feel like you have rather witnessed some cases of nepotism. Luckily engineering graduates from even not top of the line unis have often 100 % employment.

Dude, I'm at Cambridge right now and that's straight up bollocks. While it is still a bastion of the middle class, with 60% of the student base coming from middle or upper-class families, the work we do is incredibly hard, I work far harder than my friends doing law or medicine at other universities, and am under constant stress to perform well. The exams are incredibly hard, at least for my degree, and a good 2:1 or first will set you up for life.

Which major?

Medicine, though we don't call them majors.

Is Medicine from Oxbridge really worth it though?
I mean sure it's good, but a medicine degree in itself is amazing and will guarantee a job anyways.

I went to a private school. A kid in my class got caught cheating on a final exam and still got to go to harvard.

>Btw, Is that guy named Will by any chance?
n-n-no why would you ask ?

I know the major subject thingie. I’ve never heard of a med student who would have said that their studies are easy, so I doubt your experience is much different from students of other schools. Especially so when med students are at the end of the day equally qualified from all european unis. Congrats for getting in however.

This. The value of Ivy League education is the sheer signal it is to the market, not because the education was amazing but because Harvard and the like did your future employer's job for them.

I mean, it's good if you want to go into research, and I get an MB as well as a full medical degree. I also get to put off actual work for another year, so that's nice. Apparently the education I get here also helps with the later exams to go into specialty training, which will be a bonus for applying to competitive fields like surgery. In addition there are also additional routes available to me if medicine isn't my thing.

Because I worked with an Oxford Grad named Will N with a History degree.

The inner workings of meme culture and internet trolling are completely out of reach for graduates of elite universities. You can't be intelligent without telepathically knowing all my inside jokes.
/sarcasm

I'm really sure they work harder, is not a thing of whether you're smarter or not, you can be 'genetically' smarter than the average and having really good problem solving skills but if you don't give a fuck about school you're going to flunk out.

Jew nepotism

Naturally smarter, work harder, have connectionsc and are lucky.

Absolutely true, though I guess the real intelligence is being smart enough to know that working hard will get you success.

Donor parents.

My friends at Harvard got an astounding education. They're super smart and competent people that were torn apart and rebuilt into pretty powerful people, just in their undergrad programs. It's a worthwhile endeavor to be educated there for reasons beyond the market of employment, but it's fucking expensive.

relatable

just quit halfway through my first year what a fucking waste of time and money.

worst scam today, only fuelled by inbreds favouring credentials over skills and ability.

much rather have work experience for 4 years even if I don't need the money and hang out at home with the boys instead of being across the country.

private schools train kids for dorm life.

Waah jews are smarter than me boohoo.

Well yeah their culture and a thousand years of breeding heavily selecting for intelligence will beat out your inbred white ass.

This depends on what your studying as well. Harvard Law graduates aren't the same as say the Sociology department.

Or you can learn to write better and don't fuck around in high school, loser.

Why go to Cambridge for medicine?
With the demand right now that sounds like an insane waste of money and resources for what effectively would be meaninglessly easy with a degree from any non community shitshow college.

Those are boarding schools, a different breed of private school, and boarding schools are literal faggot factories. I have never met a normal person that went to a boarding school. They're usually bisexuals or just gay.

Boarding schools are pretty bad for a childs development.

fuck off kike

Yeah I knew a guy who went to a boarding school and insisted fucking guys up the ass was the same as masturbation

What grades did you get in school to be accepted?

>Medicine at Cambridge
>These are the "retarded stormniggers" on Sup Forums
I don't even want to know how fucking retarded your average normie is...Jesus Christ...

(((you)))

You have to be consistently in the top 1% of the country in secondary and sixth form to even get considered for oxbridge.
I'm not even kidding shit is rough.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((you))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Nothing. I went to a shitty private university in the US and got into a decent med school. I'll probably be making more than the average Harvard graduate when I'm done with all my training.

IV league schools have a hugely disproportionate number of jews compared to other colleges.
I dunnno about oxford of cambridge. I suppose they both publish a dictionary.

>kikes
>comprise 2% of amerimutt pollution
>yet, 27% of Harvard alumni (a 13-and-a-half-fold over-representation)

>comprise 0.2% of world population
>yet 11.6% of its billionaire$ (*a 58-fold over-representation)

>43% of the richest "1%"

>three(3) people in amerimuttania are worth more than its bottom 90%

really makes a gormless goy bris milah...

Getting good grades has nothing to do with intelligence. It just means that you are goal oriented rather than learning oriented. One does not get good grades if one does not activily try to get good grades.

jews are the most inbred stock on earth, The only reason they aren't muslim tier retarded is their european admixture, you glorified sandnigger

>First I beat the British empire for freedom
>But then

Ivy is for those who need an ego boost, are rich, or network

I went to a fairly posh school and knew a bunch of people who went to Oxbridge.
They weren't smarter and they didn't even work that hard. Most of them got very good grades, but so did everyone else at that school. The average grade for all A Levels was A.

What set them apart was two things:
1. They were well-read and had absorbed a lot of high-end culture. They didn't have to understand or appreciate the books/films that they were reading/watching by any means. They just had to be able to tediously rattle off quotes with a smug look on their face.
In fact, they would do nothing but parrot opinions that they read elsewhere. They had very little capacity for critical thinking of their own. They wouldn't be able to casually compare two different books, or even to tell you what their own favourite book was.
Basically, they had perfected the art of chewing up and regurgitating what other fart-sniffing twats wanted to hear.

2. They were overflowing with self-confidence, bordering on arrogance. They wouldn't hesitate to sit you down and lecture you on something that you knew infinitely more about than them. They wanted to be seen to be intelligent. That was key. They would make lots of mistakes (even some very basic ones), but they would just keep sniffing their own farts and talking down to you.

In other words, most of the people who get into these universities get there because they seem really intelligent. They do have a lot of natural intelligence, but really they're not that different from you or me.

Envious brainlet faggot detected.

I am a Cambrige graduate. I am no different than anyone else.

I was smarter than most before I went to Cambridge and I came out no different. Only thing that really made a great impression on me was the Yippee Noodle Bar close to Christ's Pieces - damn, that Spicy Pork Noodles and lemon chicken appetizer... I am willing to take a flight to Stansted right now just to get to those noodles and those Satay chicken.

This

Beweise, oder es ist nicht passiert!

Yeah, that infographic isn't gonna get you an education of a job, that's up to you. If it's an uphill battle, and you're the victim of that, you're going to fail. Take responsibility for your life or be a pathetic little cunt.

Nothing separates them. Tonnes of people have the grades for Oxbridge and Harvard.

Although I am jelly because the Oxbridge curricula is tougher. I went to my nearest university, which was dumbed down as fuck

This sounds like an excuse, especially provided the strong relationship between the SAT and IQ

And don't you come with the meme that IQ doesn't really measure intelligence

Liberal spy

The assertion you made was that Jews were 13 times more overrepresented at Harvard due to their intelligence and work ethic. That claim is debunked with "that infographic".

Nice try with your projections though, Mordechai. It's on the level of roasties trying to shame men with "virgin".

Genetically high IQ and they have an incredibly high work ethic. I had a few friends that went to Cambridge University and they're just a higher caliber of people in general. You'd have the smart kids in the top maths class, then above that you'd have the future Cambridge/Oxford applicants.

Why would you do that? Go into politics. A degree from Oxbridge can set you up for a cushy job as a beaurocrat or MP in that dead Empire you call Britain.

Harvard is a kike bee hive

Haha, you obviously don't understand too much about British party politics. That route only works if you get a first or a high 2:1 in history/politics/economics and get connections through various societies here. It's a lot of bother and not really worth it- especially if you don't want to join the tory party.

Why wouldn't you want to join the Tories?

It'd be nice if it was compromised with actual right wing members again.

Genius does not equal hard working yah fuckwit. See all the Asian kids punching well above their demographics population size in terms of academic success- that's due to a culture of hard work brought over by their parents/ancestors.

SAT =/ grades

My grades are prety damn trash but I've got a very high score in the swedish equivalent of SAT (1.8), enough that I can basically get into every single college in Sweden with ease (with the exception of a medical education in Karolinska)

If you rape people at Oxford they just send you back to America where you can later become president.

If you say someone is hotter than someone else at Harvard they cancel your sports season.

Well I'm a hard-lefty for a start, it'd compromise my moral principles. Also I'm not really one for the backstabbing that goes on in party politics, a friend of mine is in our conservative society and apparently it's awful even at the student level.

they're smarter, and most likely better able to manage their time and prioritise tasks, or plan ahead than most other people.

they're also more intuitive critical thinkers, and can evaluate arguments from their chosen field better.

I knew one particular guy who went to Cambridge for engineering. He did an extended project in addition to his A-levels and built a working repeater crossbow that fired 5mm dowel rods around our sixth form campus. Dude was crazy smart, and pretty affable.

Everyone fits on that bell curve somewhere OP.

Oxford grad here (PPE then MSt History). Always been known as particularly smart/hard working (at an elite state school), was generally surrounded by people with similar qualities at Oxford, although I'd say I was above average. There's the odd one who you were surprised that they made it in, but these were fairly well balanced out by the freaks who were just anomalies in terms of how smart/hardworking they were.

I think one of the main differences, certainly once you finish an Oxford degree, is in how you can articulate yourself. There really is no substitute for the tutorial system, and learning how to speak fluently/bullshit on a topic certainly gives an impression of a very high level of competence, even if this isn't necessarily the case.

I'd say this then feeds into how I conduct myself - this bred a certain arrogance in me, because I knew I could win arguments, impress in interviews etc just using my fluency/bullshitting ability to convince people I'm super smart.

Fwiw I'm starting as a management consultant at one of the Big 4 in September and felt that the assessment centre was ridiculously easy, mainly because it played to those aforementioned 'skills'.

>Beweise, oder es ist nicht passiert!
Yeah, I am not going to post my graduation picture here, mate. I don't really feel bad knowing that people don't believe me.

Studying in Cambridge is also not that special.

did you go to public school>?