Anyone reading Jordan Peterson's new book? Shit seems interesting

Anyone reading Jordan Peterson's new book? Shit seems interesting

what he's talking about there is discussed at length in MacIntyre's books, especially After Virtue

My favourite chapter is, "Chapter 1: Ten steps to clean your room".

So he writes a book about virtue signalling and other alt lite lame ass shit. How boring. He is adding nothing new to any discussion

Just got the kindle version, it's only £9.99 on Amazon right now. (i sound like a shill kek)

Have watched a few of his videos, will see how this book is.

I believe strongly in the power of positive thinking but I think this book will be of a different vein.

How ironic

How so? Are you implying im not adding anything to the discussion?

To engage you down a rabbit hole of autism and time waste would not be wise.

imagine not being able to read like this user

how sad

Buy a highlighter you fucking pleb. At least learn how to draw a straight line.

Yah I’m reading it user. There’s a lot about the bible and how it was just an expression of our ancestral learning where we taught ourselves that making order from chaos (ie working) is the path to a better life. It’s a good book but he really labours the point sometimes huehue

What is the name of the bok?

Kek ok I'll find one

12 Rules for Life

What he is referring to is called prohairesis, the faculty which judges impressions. It is the faculty which distinguishes us from animals and the faculty which rules over all others. Unlike other faculties, prohairesis has the capacity to reflect on the other faculties and to self-reflect. To the Stoics, judgment of impressions is the only thing truly under our control, and the path to eudaimonia is only possible by perfecting our prohairesis. If you can learn to tell the difference between what is under your control and what is not, and to accept this, you are capable of freedom. That is perfected prohairesis: when nothing that happens is against your will, and you avoid everything that you wish to avoid.

Where to download it?

Also what is his bok the maps of meaning about?

This. And it's probably better written and more informed.

didn't Julius caesar live like this? I'm thinking I can apply this to the traffic I endure every day

Julius Caesar wasn't a Stoic

>reading garbage instead of REAL literature

you make me sick!

I'm being flippant kek

>When you fuck up your book just to spite some asshole on the webs

Aristotle preached being a NEET

>Still listening to Jordan Peterson

That's from Shakespeare. Read Sallusts recorded Speach of Julius Caesar, a PRIMARY source and A PEER and Comtenporary. Julius Caesar argues AGAINST Stoicism not only that butStoics were diametrically apposed to his Desire to end the Republic, the Republic is the Stoic Ideal. Marcus Brutus was a stoic and assassinated him on stoic grounds

to be honest I don't like the way MacIntyre writes, but he knows what he's talking about, the guy,s knowledge is enormous.

After Virtue is honestly quite good, his later books are bit shaky imo especially when he is talking about biology

It's not my brand of philosophy in general, but it is actually philosophy, unlike the rambling in OPs pic

Well, he is Canadian.

Caesar was certainly no Stoic, he was a man clearly driven by power and glory, something the Stoics regarded as indifferent. One of his opponents was a famous Stoic. Cato the Younger valued his integrity more than his life, and committed suicide rather than to live under the thumb of a tyrant.

You might be thinking of Marcus Aurelius, who was a later Stoic Emperor. If you want to get into Stoicism, then "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius is a great place to start.

I agree

There’s nothing even wrong with what he said.

the only books ill ever read are the lord of the rings

Thanks

I'm thinking of Marcus Aurelius because I have that exact book in front of me. Thanks

Your welcome user

I've spent more on things just to spite people on the internet

Twice infact

Peterson is trying to start a christian cult.

The plebs will fall for it.

Peterson is an atheist he just thinks the Bible has "good alllegorical stories"

Listened to the audiobook, wasn't overly impressed. Too much rambling. I much prefer his course material on youtube. Not a fan of his book or his biblical lectures.

> but it is actually philosophy, unlike the rambling in OPs pic
That's what I was implying. Appreciation for one style of writing over another is a matter of taste, anyway.

Everything in the pictures posted are trite talking points that have been discussed to death. Relativism, virtue, vitue signalling, the mellinial situation, its all unoriginal ideas. Its like someone watched a couple stefan monlyneux videos and wrote a book about it. What Im saying is that this book is already dated. The only people that would be interested in this stuff would be normies. There is nothing thought provoking about these narratives. Anybody could have written this book. Its not cutting edge of anything. Jordan peterson is as safe as safe can get. You have to be on the extreme fringes of leftism to think peterson is crazy. So to say that this book is interesting, especially on pol where we get fresh interesting content all the time, is just a little over board. I dont find these basic bitch analyses interesting. Maybe 2 years ago I would have.

The foreword wasn't written by Peterson.

How the fuck are there 5 Jordan fucking lame ass Peterson shit-threads on Sup Forums if we are not being raided by Reddit?
sage this shit