Somehow good at everything from the start

>somehow good at everything from the start
>retarded, except when it's convenient for the plot for him to think up something uncharacteristically smart
>has literally no emotions, completely unfazed by any trials/tribulations or the fact that there are people dying like flies around him and his best friend is a psychopath murderer
>his motivations are super weak compared to Kurapika/Leorio who would both make much better protagonists
I just recently started this show and this fucking guy might be the worst shonen MC ever

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/misuse-of-literally
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How does it feel to be objectively wrong?

Well you have yet to refute any of my points, so as far as I know I'm right about everything

>all the powers are cool and involve plenty of strategy and thinking
>Gon can punch really hard
Lame

>I don't know what "literally" means

le deconstruction meme

That's literally the point.

The best part of HxH from memory is when they meet that samurai and dash off in different directions he's like "they're going to attack me soon, better get ready!" and the next page is them miles away laughing at him.

Hello I am producer for Studio Pierrot. If more material is adapted, I will take this criticism to heart. Thank you.

Togashi has always been a write as he goes kind of mangaka.
YYH was rife with this but HxH really only shows it in a couple examples like that one.
It's a valid criticism but It's within my suspension of disbelief as there is also a handy in universe explanation in that gon is actually very stupid and had to think of it himself

Those qualitites make it a lot easier to love Killua though.

fishing rod gave gon some depth when it came to fighting

good because of training+naturally talented

>retarded, except when it's convenient for the plot for him to think up something uncharacteristically smart.
usually a dumbass but pretty good at fighting and thinking up strategies

>has literally no emotions, completely unfazed by any trials/tribulations or the fact that there are people dying like flies around him and his best friend is a psychopath murderer

does have emotions just not a whiny bitch like all shonen MCs

>his motivations are super weak compared to Kurapika/Leorio who would both make much better protagonists

Motivations =/= better protagonists is a really interesting character to watch.

>>his motivations are super weak compared to Kurapika/Leorio

I wish Leorio had been assraped by the first low tier bug that ever showed up, useless glasses faggot

take that back, Leorio is based

"Gon is a bad MC" is one of the only bad opinions that trigger me. Really shows some people don't know the difference between bad and flawed. Yes, Gon isn't rational, he acts on emotion and whether or not he has anything to gain from it. He knows right from wrong, but doesn't completely understand why.

Pay more attention next time.

His dad is Ging
>retarded, except when it's convenient for the plot for him to think up something uncharacteristically smart
His dad is Ging and he also has amazing instinct because he grew up in the wilderness
So what, are characters forbidden to have sociopathic traits
You are implying a kid wouldn't want to see his super famous dad, which is absolutely retarded on your part.

Very weak bait faggeroni

How is this a meme? It is a deconstruction. The naive cheerful hero is portrayed as a scary, egotistical force of nature, with a black and white vision of the world around him. Though he has kindness in his heart, it's only directed towards the people that interest him, when there is something to gain or when there is nothing to lose.

>The naive cheerful hero is portrayed as a scary
Who the fuck says a shonen hero is supposed to be cheerful, you can make the shonen mc whatever the fuck you want
Stop with autistic "le deconstruction" memes

merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/misuse-of-literally
It's an interesting read.

was that really the author's intention? i have trouble believing that.

I kind of agree, but his REALLY HARD PUNCH has some tactical buildup to it, it just gets annoying to draw it every single time i presume.
Wouldn't say he's worst shounen MC because Naruto exists, but the series is so filled with better characters he becomes overshadowed easily.

It's not, this idiot knows jack shit of shounen completely.
Besides he just decribed Kenshiro.

>caring about author's intentions
Death of the author

its not cool the pick on the autistic kid. carry on while we laugh at you

That user was being dramatic, but if you pay attention and actually read how Gon was being built up, you'd see how his character arc in CA was a culmination of everything that defined him as a character.

Allow me to convince you. Look what Zepile had to say. They say Gon is inconsistent in his morals, but that's not true, his morals are just fucked.

Why he is so gay about Gon?

boy ass

Uvo is the same deal though

Gon's hatsu was more creative than muh Big Dick Impact.

It's one of several common archetypes. And in this case, this particular archetype is not played straightforward.

anybody who actually likes redditxreddit needs to fuck off my board

>The reddit boogeyman

I'm from Reddit, what the fuck are you gonna do about it?

Goku did it before, ironically

Now that's a fucking meme. Goku doesn't do anything besides fighting, and we can't assess any of his character from it, because fighting in DBZ is retarded. Also, even if he is egotistical, it will never lead to anything, since there are no stakes in Dragon Ball.

OP what do you think of killua?

Why Gon such a shitty Mary Sue?

reported.

Of the original four, Gon is superior only to Leorio, and Leorio has a more badass power.

Compared to Killua and Kurapika, Gon is nothing in nearly every way.

Ask again in ten years when he becomes some hulking bara-bait fag.

I don't mind him, I think he's a pretty interesting character.

What about when Goku lost his shit after OG Piccolo murdered Krillin

>le epic clown pedo
I pity the redditors that eat this shit up

Difference is Togashi can write, Toriyama can't.

Because he is fightsexual and can see Gon's huge potential

>Togashi wrote the best Cell Saga

based

Killua is cute!

Gon and Kilua are arguably the worst thing about HxH, everything else is pretty much great but them.

there's also the disgusting character design

Do you know what a sociopath is?

Gon isn't good at everything. Just wait till the chimera ant arc you will see lots of emotions from him.