What was the golden age of anime?

What was the golden age of anime?

80's

Now.

Around 1917 to 2017. But I could be wrong.

Mid-2000's was the greatest.

Why 80's?

Objectively speaking the 80s.

But if you use "golden age" in the sense of the time it was the best, it's a matter of opinion.

2006 when i come home, turn on T.V & watch Naruto, Bleach, then in mornings before school I watched Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon. those days were so comfy desu

From around the mid-ninties onwards it feels like things just sorta stopped progressing. In terms of quality I'd say until that point, and in terms of economics it's the late eighties.

Because it was.
Golden age does not mean best time period. It has little to do with quality at all.
The 80s were the golden age because anime was given lots of money to waste away at good animation. And the industry was full of optimism and growth.
That's what golden age means. It does not mean that there was anything good.

The one your favorite anime is from

my man

'80's to early 00's.

It became shit right when computer CG images was new and widely used. Lead to a lot of shitty series that looked like plastic. Then computer CG got better, in late 00's early 10's but the stories, characters and settings all took a nose dive into generic city.

Now, we have gone full circle where having a confident out going alpha lead is something "new".

More variety in genres
Beautiful hand drawn cells with real painted backgrounds, no digipaint shit with a plastic cg sheen over things
Golden age of Japanese economic boom so we got lavish artist driven stuff like angels egg, robot carnival and Akira
Direct to video ovas allowed for uncensored complete artistic freedom.
No need to argue between serious anime in genres like sci fi vs waifu stuff. 80's had both. Macross and dirty pair had both cute sexy girls and sci fi. Urusei yatsura, kimagure orange road, and gunbuster did too.

CODE GEASS

k-on

Another good time was when the industry was flooded with Evangelion money and all sorts of guaranteed flop masterpieces were made, in the late 90s and early 00s

When Hidamari Sketch was airing.

In the future, when we can have holographic waifus. The irony.

mid 2000's-90's

That's not to say good anime didn't come before or after those dates, but I feel it was at it's best artistic and creative wise. Before Moe became as cancerous as it is today

This, maybe only a little longer.
After ShinSekai Yori all went shit

Cyberpunk's dying days. When stuff like Stand Alone Complex and Ergo Proxy was being released.

1990-2003

Debate me.

Why those years?

This. Girls were better, male MCs were better, music was better and so much more.

I dont hate modern anime but 80s anime just had something magical about it.

Are we really debating if it were the early 2000s??? Is this how low Sup Forums has dropped?

The new code geass better not use CGI mecha or I swear to god I'm going to channel my inner Breivik.

>now
>tripfagging
you saved me the fatigue to prove your retardness

do hokuto no ken and saint seya count?

late 70s to early 80s is the only acceptable answer

early 00's were pretty good. in fact, early digital being bad is a meme. artwork, storytelling, ambition, art style, and animation were all vastly superior to modern shows. the only flaw was low resolution mastering and bad CG, and bad CG is still very much here. unshaded 480p digipaint looks better than the HD filter-abusing-to-cover cg and blurry photo background vomit today.

Why would you exclude the late 80s?

Now!

some of the best stuff was being made then, but there was also an endless flood of trashy or unfinished ovas and lots of pandering over innovation. granted a lot of that is fun to watch today, but that's mostly tied up in nostalgia and cultural relic status

2006-2011

1985-1995

After EVA it all went down.

Late 70's to early 90's probably

This post is retarded and so are you.

Even a lot of the crappy OVAs are very worthwhile, you denounce them for a lack of innovation but anime aesthetics were changing big time during the late eighties to early nineties. Even if you put those aside, that's ignoring giants like Akira, Ghibli and Gainax.

Now. 80's was shit, 90's was meh, 2000 had literally nothing worthy.

No bait answers, tell me how current anime does anything better than past eras did.

Implying now is any better.

tv animation quality is better.
less edgy garbage too.

there are very few animes that are actually good. Harda to tell which one was a golden era but it most certainly isn't now with fucking normie shit coming out everywhere.

There are literally no good animes nowdays

There was a TV anime crisis in the mid-80s (most notably with Sunrise mecha becoming unprofitable and Tomino "retiring" television, following the 70s men like Dezaki) people often ignore because of the famous stuff you mention, but I think the theatrical stuff cancels it out.

Reliance on digital compositing does not a good series make.

Most anime fans think modern anime has better animation and that anything before Brotherhood is unwatchable trash.

I think TV is pretty well always secondary to film, at least as far as the "canon" goes.

The golden age has yet to come. But I belive that it sonn will be here.

>animes
>normies
>implying normalfags don't like to bitch and whine about modern anime

only newbies like shit that comes out nowdays, what the fuck are you talking about

Don't tell me you are one of those AoT suckers

>only newbies like shit that comes out nowdays
or people who aren't close-minded nostalgiafags and are able to find some good in seasonal/modern anime

There's a lot of trash (just like always) but to say it's all bad is the mark of someone who probably doesn't even watch enough of it in the first place to have that opinion or just has bad taste.

>one of those AoT suckers.
No.

I mean, there are some good things but those good things can rarely hold a candle to the classics.

00's > 60's > 50's > 70's > 90's > 10's > 80's

Weird ranking.

Finally. Sup Forums is pleb like every Sup Forums board

It's the contrarian ranking

Here you have the patrician ranking:

80's > 10's > 70's > 90's > 00's > 60's > 50's

00's > 90's > 10's > 70's > 80's
You may switch 70's and 10's, haven't really seen enough of the two last ones but I hear the 70's has some really great masterpieces

>1900s
fuck off dumbasses

GOLDEN AGE
GOLDEN CENTURY

2009 was the pinnacle.

The age of Yamada

60s, but just like with Disney that doesn't mean the best works came from that era.

Before CG

Different user, but it's correct

not him but hokuto no ken had some pretty awful pacing and filler problems. and let's not forget hnk2. voice acting by far the best in the decade though. it really carries the show

Digital = vastly faster production = more shows = more money. At the end of the day companies are after profit, they're not interested in the animation version of cd vs vinyl debate.

Impressive

they're right

No they're not

Bait harder.

Different user, but it's retarded.

70-80.

>less edgy garbage
You only think it's edge garbage because you aren't into edgy things. In the 90's you would have been the fag for not liking the edginess. In other words, not an argument.

this. moe ruined anime. late 90s were the peak and it was steady til early 2000's, and it started going to shit around mid 2000's.

Now it's trash, but manga is still going strong

>moe ruined anime
So anime has been worthless since the late 80's, when the moe craze started?

well modern moe and slice of life is what I really mean. The industry is just saturated in that shit now.

The trainwreck that is shit like Genocyber does the arguing for me.

>late 70s to early 80s is the only acceptable answer
You're objectively right.

Mid 90's had the best animation.

mid 80s to end of the 90s? Lots of good shit, especially movies, from that period.

Stardust Crusader ? I can't recall the source

Why does the spaceships have legs? That's fucking stupid.

Some PS1 Gundam game IIRC.

>talking shit about the Big Zam
Feddie scum out.

shit that's a waste of good animation putting that in a game

>well modern moe and slice of life is what I really mean. The industry is just saturated in that shit now.
>looks at current anime season
>variety everywhere
>multiple fantasy, supernatural, mystery, action, psychological, sci-fi, battle shounen, sport anime airing along a proportional amount of SoL anime that may even be worthwhile themselves
>it's like this almost every season
What did he mean by this?

Yeah in my opinion.

They needed an excuse to redo some 0079 scenes but didn't want to remake the whole series. Sunrise was swimming in yen back then.

Nah, most of nomalfags are fine how anime is nowdays.

Aren't they still ?

Good point.

all this complaining about "degeneracy" taking over, moe "killing" anime, and whining about how anime is not pumping out Cowboy Bebops every season anymore (as if it ever did) tells me otherwise.

how many of those are actually just moe light novel garbage with "unique" settings

80's 90's... today's animation is too plastic for me.
With a few exceptions.

>animation
Why does everything the golden age of anime = the best animation.
The best anime came from the 70s.

>less edgy garbage too
>now

Because that's a major component of what makes something good? 70s we're great but the best are hardly exclusive to it.

I love excel saga, good shit :D

Most of them are manga adaptations, game adaptations, or originals actually.
also, what is "moe" to you? Is it anything with a cute girl on the cover, a certain art style, or K-on like shit? I can never tell.
Have you seen some of the ultra violent OVAs that came out during the 80s and 90s? Modern "edginess" doesn't even compare.

What was the one where the muscle-headed guy throws open his clothes to reveal his junk covered with hand grenades?

90s were a dark time