If you download your memories and consciousness onto a computer and live forever and design the perfect world for...

if you download your memories and consciousness onto a computer and live forever and design the perfect world for yourself, would you?

Other urls found in this thread:

hsgac.senate.gov/media/majority-media/chairman-johnson-releases-interim-report-including-strzok-page-fbi-text-messages
academia.edu/929213/Nonlocal_correlations_between_separated_neural_networks
youtube.com/watch?v=ToYnNzamHJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a copy of my memories gets to live in a virtual world while I still remain outside
what would be the point?

what's the point, you don't exit your body, dumbass

Obviously. Literally grinding gold coins and waiting for that already.

Rare Cypriot

common newfag

>/x/

>Sup Forums doesn't know anything about a Moravec Transfer
Typical Sup Forums idiocy.

Well, since the question already implies that I have, then I guess I would.

no, i want to die

very contemplative flavor of slide thread
>hsgac.senate.gov/media/majority-media/chairman-johnson-releases-interim-report-including-strzok-page-fbi-text-messages

It would be a different soul so it does me no good

i don't have a god complex and i already play the sims 3 from time to time so i'm good on that. i would rather use my good health to build and improve the world we have now. i'm proven time and time again that it's worth to do that and i have no reason to believe otherwise

It wouldn't be you. You would cease to exist, there wouldn't be one unbroken string of consciousness. You would die and only your illusion would remain.

yes, my copy would travel stars eternally

Yeah dude just import the information of billons of neuron with trillons of connection in a computer with the storage and computional power higher than we ever seen, nothing wrong with that.

>It wouldn't be you. You would cease to exist, there wouldn't be one unbroken string of consciousness. You would die and only your illusion would remain.

It's still better than nothing. A copy of my ideas and persona would exist eternally.

Look up literally any actual discussion on this topic. A Moravec Transfer preserves continuity through a copy.

Probably get deleted by an antivirus

>copy myself onto a computer
>beat the shit out of the copy to establish my dominance over myself

choke on a dick, commie

I see myself as a entity and not a concept.

There is a clone yourself and there was a gun that was going to shoot one of you. If you don't want the gun to shoot you, then you see yourself as a entity. If you don't care you see yourself as a concept.

Read a book, illiterate troglodyte.

that would be suicide. so no.

> if you could build a rocketship out of the corpses of dead and mutilated albino anteaters would you?

what is this kindergarten make-believe pee pee and vomit hour?

>reading fiction
lmao

only if my meatbrain originial gets to continue as normal.

what does "download your consciousness" mean? where does your consciousness reside?

you described the way this world already "works"

How can you validate this?
Just because the transfer seems to simulate the awareness having been continuous doesn't mean the host hasn't become deceased.

It still wouldn't be you experiencing it. It would be a replica of you experiencing it. What is the point?

I'm just going to worship Christ and go to heaven instead of hoping for technology to rebuild the tower of babel.

Consciousness is just the highest abstraction layer in your brain. How your neurons are arranged, the structure, is what makes you.

Hate to break it to you but human spirit can't exist on a digitally computed substrate. Not enough resolution.

>download

>live forever
That is literally Hell. You'd go so crazy

no, it's a copy

in theory, you would need to gradually replace your organic brain to something that would keep your ''original'' neural network patterns,

and also this ''new'' brain would need to have filter programs so you could actually be able to ''feel'' the coming impulse/stimulus and be able to interact with this new environment of yours and much more shit that I don't really care to explain now

>consciousness is just....
you sound like the people who say "humans are just chemicals" without ever explaining how a chemical can become aware of its own existence

So like black mirror

It would only be a copy of you. The real you right now would still die.

We probably already are in a simulation ~ elon musk

would you sacrifice Heaven and eternal afterlife for this?

>human spirit

>We probably already are in a simulation ~ elon musk
then why is child rape illegal?

>Moravec Transfer
Imaginary meme transfer.

This is all any Commie reads.

Human chemical reactions are to consciousness as evolution is to creation: just a means to an end. The numbers are what matters. Pythagoras was one of the first to understand the spiritual significance of numbers.

A Moravec Transfer uses the same processes that the human brain does. As long as it's paced in tandem with the shifting of signals, it's impossible for continuity to be meaningfully lost, unless you also think that natural changes to the human brain compromise continuity as well.
enjoy sticks and spears

But how could us white guys then sexually harass qts?

Would a digital attorney file a digital tort suit against out digital consciousness?

We cant say literally how it works because the explanation would take millons of pages,language doesnt help us here. Its implicit.

But its obvious theres nothing beyond our brain, otherwise behavior affecting problems like schizos wouldnt exist, we know mental illness are chemical/physical, it wouldnt make sense that if consciousness is "metaphysical" then gets determined by physical things.

You are assuming we know more about the brain than we do.
Do I think it is possible? Yes. Are we even remotely close to actually doing this? No.

The correct way to preserve yourself forever, would be to slowly replace your neurons with nanomachines. That would keep continuity of consciousness and memory perseverance.

are you saying consciousness exists separately from matter? also please help this brainlet understand why you brought up pythagoras' view of numbers?

Assuming my own memories and consciousness would create perfection. Ha.

Straight up copying consciousness and sending your copy to be a god in it's made up paradise is a shitty deal - gradually replacing organic brain with superior technology until the flesh is all but gone is far superior. You're still human with half your organic brain, then you can replace 3/4 and than the rest.
Galaxy-wide ethnostate transhuman citizen > Neo wannabe

>You are assuming we know more about the brain than we do.
>Do I think it is possible? Yes. Are we even remotely close to actually doing this? No.

The chinese have unlimited access to test subjects (prisoners), who knows what they have discovered?

I already did. My soul is done for.

I did that already, then i became bored for being all knowing and lonely for being alone. So i divided myself to these beings and bodies so that i could forget and experience new things.

Does he have any book where he talks about that process?

Some believe we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world.

how do you explain rita pizzi's experiments with quantum correlation of neurons then?

academia.edu/929213/Nonlocal_correlations_between_separated_neural_networks

>have cyberbody
>will explore space-time

Sure.

>durr consciousness isn’t real anyway so if you uploaded your brain to a robot and killed your biological self you’d live forever as the robot copy

How fucking stupid can you be

Nothing about the phrase “download your memories onto a hard drive” suggests it would transport your actual sentience out of your body

I don’t care if you think the soul is just an illusion, I’m an atheist myself, but you won’t fucking magically appear in a robot just because it matches your behavior, seriously how fucking dumb are you niggers

We exist beyond the dimensions of a computer and are both a concept set and an entity subset(chaos permutation) as predicted by Plato's theory in forms. Basically look for patterns in infinity and you will see them.

I'm saying the opposite conclusion u retard

I thought you were banned from Poland, Richard.

This is the rough concept of a Moravec Transfer, though more hardware-focused.
It's from a 1988 book by Hans Moravec, "Mind Children". I wouldn't actually recommend it because of how it has aged, but if you want to see the details, they're there.

No goy stfu and pay me to upload your brain to your hard drive and kill yourself you’ll be immortal

What makes you think that you would be still conscious after 'transfering'? I think it's more likely you would just be creating an artificial copy that has the same memories as you.

It's already been done.
We are LegionA.I

Moravec Transfer preserves continuity.

Um no. I played Xenoblade X. I know how it works faggot.

>What makes you think that you would be still conscious after 'transfering'?

Its not an "upload to disk" but a gradual replacement of your physical gray matter; the circuit is never broken

How is that related to anything we said?. THe neuron in the faraday cage probably its in a superposition state where theres a small probabilty of the laser passing through and activating the neuron.

The neurons in your brain sometimes die and are replace by new ones, so technically you are not the same than the you that born anyway.

Where's your warehouse? How many minds upped?

I want to believe..

You seem to ignore the real philosophical and moral question when it comes to the singularity.

If you were to download/copy/transfer your memories does your true self die or do you actually transfer consciousness?

You may life forever however you may also die forever.

How will god if he is out there accept the souls of these individuals?

We all come one big collective consciousness and manisfest ourselves as Lain

I'm saying consciousness is one possible intersection of a spirit and matter, but both are fundamentally defined by a number structure of infinite patterns/dimensions. I'm saying the physical world is not enough to simulate what exists partially inside, but also partially outside the physical world. Everything we experience on physical world is a computation, but a computation in a time domain is simply a relation repeated in a pattern over a more general domain. The most general, pure domain, being timeless but containing time, is the divine infinite number structure of God.

If transition doesn't require (irrelevant whether it's practiced or not) the person involved to die, then it's just copying

Everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=ToYnNzamHJA

Moravec Transfer transfers consciousness.

>How will god if he is out there accept the souls of these individuals?
He won't.

Yeah this.

it can only work for those who don't have souls
like commies

>He won't.
True, we are it in a some comical way.

Moravec Transfer is not like copying either, this is the only reasonable way to do this

Yes

I prefer the altered carbon model

I independently thought of this transfer idea.

Poland NO! your the last chance of the west

Good, then you know some of why it works.

Yes. All the women would have huge milkers and I'd be the greatest fighter to ever walk the earth then... super villains would show up and I'd become a warrior for earth in an epic tale that is literally my life.

>onto a computer
I'm already doing that. There's no difference. What the fuck are you talking about?

>create electronic equivalent to brain
>connect brain to electronic
>disable smallest percentage of brain
>activate smallest percentage of electronic
>your consciousness is intact both before during and after the syncronisation
>repeat the process slowly part after part until there's no brain keeping the consciousness running

>If you could program a computer to pretend to be you and then have a good time, would you kill yourself to do it?

When will this retarded faux-losophy thought experiment die?

>Being a cuck for niggers because of a retarded and impossible ideology, as well as a cuck for a computer copy of himself because of a loosely plausible meme mind transplant

Instead of fantasizing about something that will never happen, you should consider pursuing the real options you have in life, such as suicide

Well it's no use arguing logic with a fucking leaf

>trusting the queen's lackeys to preserve the integrity of one's consciousness

Im laffin

Read some of the literature and maybe anyone will ever care about what you say, leaf.

human life is struggle. a perfect world would be like death.