Albanian History General

This thread is meant to discuss the true history of the Albanian people. This is obviously a very politically charged issue due to the Kosovo conflict with Serbia so this thread is meant to elucidate several key issues.

First things first:

>Modern Albania only covers a small portion of the historical lands of the Albanian people.
>There are Albanians in Italy, Serbia, and other areas around the Balkans.
>This is not due to recent migration (as Serb historians will tell you) but due to the once widespread nature of the Illyrians, who are the ancient ancestors of all Albanians.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bfSFCmmL74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Part 1, The Illyrians

Many people find it puzzling that the Albanian language is a completely unique branch of the Indo-European language family. It is not related to the Slavic languages spoken to the north of Albania and it also isn't related to Greek. The only logical origin for it comes from the ancient Illyrians.

The Illyrians were an advanced people who lived in what is now Albania before being conquered by the Romans. They also may have had ties to the Egyptians (which will be discussed in part 2).

>w-we wuz, w-we ttotally wuz
nobody cares about some albonigger subhumans LARPing as illyrians

even if you were illyrians, you were savages with nothing to be proud of, just like today

also
>using muslim flag
haven't expected anything different

sage

Can't wait to torch the turshish rape babies that jews turned illyirans into. what a shame they never grew up but they can't, because they're niggers always and forever

why do the Albanians hate the Turks and have fought against the Ottomans when they both are muslims? I thougt among muslims there is no racism

Part 2: The Egyptian Connection

The idea of Illyrians being descended from ancient Egyptian sea travelers may seem a bit much for the average person to believe but you must look at the facts. No one knows where the Illyrians came from and we also know that they built pyramids and giant stone spheres. This technology was very similar to Egyptian architecture techniques and we also know that ancient Egypt had many deposed dynasties. Could a deposed Pharoah have sailed to ancient Albanian lands? Probably yes. This would also explain why Albanian names are so unique. Names like 'Azem' - which is clearly similar to Egyptian names - cannot be explained by contact with Serbs or Greeks.

They don't
youtube.com/watch?v=0bfSFCmmL74

Albanians are not racist but we have always wanted to preserve our traditions. We also were not always Muslims and there are still many Christian Albanians to this day. So the early wars against the Ottomans must be seen from that light.

Part 3: Debunking Serb Myths

One of the sad but necessary aspects of discussing Albanian history is debunking all of the lies created by Serbs. They include:

>The idea that Albanians were once a race of sheep herders (not true, Albanians were craftsmen famous throughout the Ottoman Empire for their skills).
>The lie that Albanians are not White (due to Albania's geographic location and mountainous nature very few nonwhites ever entered the region. Mongols also never conquered Albania unlike the rest of Eastern Europe).
>The idea that Albanians are natural enemies of Western Europe. Nothing could be further from the truth because we both share many common security concerns. There is a reason why NATO, charged with protecting the West, sees Albania as natural ally.

What the fuck am I reading lmao back to saudi with you mohammed

My gf is Albanian and she is super racist lol.

northern albanians never mixed with turk mongrels because they could not survive in the harsh mountainous environment. thus the majority has white features, blond hair, fair skin, etc. Also, northern albania was always at peace even in times of conflict. So they are a much more pacifist people.

southern albania (including the capital) is basically turkey lite. This is your stereotypical albanian you see in media.

NE

The problem why Albania is seen in a negative sense is that people see them as muslims. Islam has poisoned everything it has touched. Fortunately, though, Albanians are muslim just by their name. They are muslim as much as they are christians. But this is hard to see on a map.

Many would argue that Albanians became culturally turks. I wouldn't disagree with this notion more. Albanians preserved their identity pretty much throughout those 500 years, why you say? Because Albanians, unlike its neighbors do not identify themselves through their religion, but via the albanian language. It is the language that is and has always been the glue that has kept us true to our identity. There was simply no consequences of albanians to convert to islam during the ottoman dominion as long as their identity was intact. It is also a reason why albanians don't take religion seriously. Enver Hoxhas atheistic approach imprinted the notion that religion is not worth it which further polarized their stand on religion.

What could you tell about illyrian connections with vlachs?

>White,blond hair
>Albanian
Choose one

Why are you posting a medival Serb who faught the Ottomans on a thread where we talk about Albanians history?
>WE WUZ ILLYRIANS N SHIET

I'm arbereshe and I have nothing in common with today's muslim albanians, unfortunately you were raped by the turks..

>samefag detected
We all know you niggers love larping as Albanians larping as kangz

Gjon Kastrioti was Albanian.

They probably use a lot of Muslim names. عظيم (Azem, could also be spelled Azim or Azeem) is common throughout the Muslim world. In Arabic it means great or mighty.

Harta ka disa gabime ne lidhje me territoret etnike te Shqiptareve.

Where was burried the so called Albanian Gjon Kastrioti
>His wife was called Voisava btw

It's a rap song from someone who I assume doesn't even live in Albania. To us turks are alien invaders who wanted us dead.

are christian albanians decent?

Ok this is now bullcrap m8. Stop. Get some help!

ISHIM

The Balkans had the first civilization in my book.
I suppose that's somewhat related.

Vinca people were neolithic farmers.. also carriers of a haplogroup that is barely at all represented in all modern balkan genepools.

WE

ILIRET

DHE

>A syrian child named Emil in Sweden makes him swedish the same way an albanian named Voisava makes her serbian.

>mother Voisava from Brankovic dynasty
>father was monk in Serbian Monastery Hilandar and was burried there
not even mad that Christian Albanians are proud of him but when i see Muslims being proud of him then it gets so funny.

Albanians religion is albanianism. That's what I meant before that religious affiliations don't matter when it come to albanians. Gjon Kastrioti may have become an orthodox munk, but that doesn't mean that he was serbian. You think religion == ethnicity.

Here's a quick rundown. Northwestern Albanians really hate Turks. This is because they are overwhelmingly Catholic and have been so since the Middle Ages. Just recently there was a new project with funding from Turkey in the North and the Turkish flag appeared. A lot of people came out to protest and blocked roads immediately.

The Muslim Albanians are pretty mixed. Secular/Atheist non-practicing ''Muslims'' who simply come from ancestrally Muslim families either don't care about Turkey at all or dislike it for being invaders. There are however actual believing and practicing Albanian Muslims who take faith seriously and actually like Turkey or Islamic countries in general.

WE WUZ PHARAOHS N SHEEEEIT shqiptar plz your country is a shithole, youre a skidmark on europe, and your only claim to fame is stealing cars and being the whitest muslims, which is worthless

MUUUUT

Well you're wrong on this one.
At the end of his life, Gjon converted to christianity and gave up on his titles and became an Ordinary monk in a monastery in Athos which was built by Stefan Dusan and his son Saint Sava. They both gave up their titles and became ordinary monks too. Nothing strange here. About Gjon's wife, there are two conflicting sources. One is that Voisava is descended from the Brankovic family. Nothing strange here because marriages between allied lords were common. Gjon aided Llazar against Venetians and never accepted their request to become a traitor. The other source says that Voisava is descended from the Muzaka family, as one of the previous Muzaka lords had been named Marquese of Triballi.

Now you ruined it!

>albanian
>history

KEK
E
K

Rate this man.

Saint John, San Gjon, was a montenegrin orthodox saint, kastrati are a montenegrin family of albanian defector bastards (red-haired fairies), that's our saint, give him back he belongs in crnagora not in your shithole country.

Gjon Kastrioti is Albanian.
He was not a saint because during his life he changed his religion several times.

>Albanians
>Having history

Macedonia Belongs to Bulgaria you cockroaches will burn

Why didn't Albania ever join Yugoslavia? Apart from being non slavic and hard commies, I suspect it had to do something with their dictator and the fallout between Stalin and Tito, but I want a second opinion.

Same reason Bulgaria didn't join. It would have meant being controlled by Serbia.

>Albanian History
Invented bullshit by Byron and than realized into an invented country after ww1 by anglokikes to fuck over Serbia and Greece.

>literally an immigrant to Balkan

Takes one to know one
>immigrated from Sicily as mercenaries then were left behind to never return, ever wonder why the Sicilian mob and Albanian mob are so connected, you’re one in the same.

Hoxha was a close friend with Miladin Popovic. He was pro-Albanian and openly expressed this on numerous occasions. Once returned to Yugoslavia, he was assassinated and at that moment died even the slightest possibility of joining Yugoslavia.

LMAOAOAOAOA who the fuck made that map op

no albanians in south Italy

But why did it end there? Who didn't want Albania in Yugo? I mean, there had to be something and I don't think nonslavism was the cause desu.

Our Albanians are refuges escaped from the Ottomans.