"it's better in the Light Novel I swear!!!"

>"it's better in the Light Novel I swear!!!"

>you have to read the entirety of the 100hr VN BEFORE have the right to criticize it at all whatsoever
Yeah nah fuck you

>you have to actually watch anime and read manga BEFORE you have the right to criticize any of it
Yeah nah fuck you

This is why I only read LNs of established series. Thankfully my favorite series have a shit ton of entries.

Lurk more.

I never said you dont have to watch it im saying if you dont watch the whole thing you still have the still have the right to criticize what you did watch
Wow, really constructive, thanks

>Wow, really constructive, thanks
The state of Sup Forums, everyone.

>Wow, really constructive, thanks
Just like your garbage opinion if you have not read the source material.

That's correct 99% of the times.

>listen the anime, the light novel, and the manga might be shit, but you have to read the original web novel to really see how good it is

Garbage source material makes for garbage anime

Not to play devil's advocate, but adaptations should be able to stand on their own independently from the source material.

>world renowned VN/manga gets a shitty chink adaptation
>HURR IT WAS ALWAYS SHIT I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO HAVE TOUCHED THE ORIGINAL TO KNOW SO

That's simply false

Well, yeah. If you call the anime garbage, why would you need to read the source to reconfirm that?

What's your point?
Even if the source material is bad, and the anime is bad as consequence, the LN will still be better than the anime.

Adaptations are nothing but BUY THE SOURCE MATERIAL 99% of the time, a good adaptation that can stand on it's own is a luxury, not a requirement.

By your logic every adaptation should be a 100% adaptation of every single detail from beginning to end and we all know that'll never happen.

>"It's better in Japenese, I swear"

Because sometimes adaptations are really shit. Maybe the animation was trash, or the director was awful, or the music was ear grating, or the VAs were all clear newbies.

There's a thousand more things going on an adaptation than just the story. And both story and characterization always suffer in adaptations because of the very format anime is which doesn't allow for many things to be portrayed properly.

Then why bother to make adaptations in the first place. The source material is always going to be a point of reference when comparing the 2

An adaptation can change things, or be inaccurate to the source, and be good on its own merits.

>Because sometimes adaptations are really shit.
Why would that matter? If the anime is bad and I call it bad, then that's that. Whatever happens in the manga, light novel, webcomic or spin-off, doesn't suddenly make the anime good.

Because adaptations are BUY THE SOURCE MATERIAL glorified adverts most of the time.

That is true.

That's indeed correct. That's why when there's a bad adaptation the fans of such series will tend to tell you to read the original material because the adaptation did not do it justice. They are not defending the adaptation but the source material in itself. It's a very different situation.

>spend forty million hours reading the fate stay night VN
>it's still shit

It's just desperate SEA-shitters who don't want to be reminded that they wasted their youth reading trash light novels with equally trashy anime adaptations.

>Light novel
into the garbage it goes.

Predict the next LN trend after Isekai and what it will be like.

Homosexuality. It will be really gay.

>World renowned VN
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Adaptations are nothing but BUY THE SOURCE MATERIAL 99% of the time, a good adaptation that can stand on it's own is a luxury, not a requirement.
That doesn't make them immune to criticism

>he doesn't know how to read

>acts elitist over light novels
wew

Yes, but to criticise the adaption you need to know what it did wrong, and there is only so much you can see without the source material.

wtf I hate posting now
name 3 like this

>the dub is actually good i swear!
>i never browsed Sup Forums ever i swear!

>the adaptation is shit so the source material is shit
Your point is retarded, therefore you're a retard.
There's nothing wrong in pointing out the source is better if it's a fact.

>he doesn't read light novels
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Basically what everyone says about that dumb "going to the last page" cosplayer girl's novel, and it sounds pathetic as fuck because according to its readers it gets good almost ten volumes in.

That's not true true. Every light novel I've ever read has been terrible

UBW and Berserk 2016 immediately come to mind, I or some other user could point you to a third given 30 seconds of thought. In the meantime however, lurk more to improve your post quality or go back to Sup Forums.

seriously what's wrong with browsing Sup Forums?

>people are still pretending that FSN is good

No. You can criticize the adaptation for its own faults without having to force yourself to read the original source material.

Even if an adaptation will most of the time be inferior to the original, the gap in quality usually isn't that huge. A great manga will make a good anime, and a good VN will make an ok anime. But if the anime is fucking terrible chances are the source material is mediocre at best.
Cases like the new Berserk series are rare exceptions.

Yes you can, and people that actually know what they are talking about can ignore those garbage posts.

Fucking Gakkou Gurashi.

That one was a good anime for a medicore manga.

You're not even trying.

You think you're criticizing something when you're really just playing 'spot the differences' with the source material.

>the voices weren't that bad in the manga

Your loss faggot.

>world renowned
>VN
Pls be bait

>reading LNs at all
Is this what Sup Forums has become?

It's what happens when South East Asians started being able to afford smartphones.
Free trade and wealth sharing was a mistake.

Well it is true most of the time due to elements being cut or rushed in the anime.

>light novels

are you too stupid to read?

Overlord doesn't have Albeido in it

I say that's an improvement

>Butthurt secondary
Your opinions aren't worth shit if you don't know what you're talking about. It's like that in every discussion.

But Negima was awesome save the ending

Voice acting and animation adds a lot. As it is it's books with occasional pictures for teenagers that don't want to read proper literature...

We used to have LN threads for years until nipplemod banned them. Of course you wouldn't know that since you started browsing 6 months ago.

>...
You have to leave.

>UBW
You better mean the Deen movie

The Deen movie was way better than the crappy Ufotable series.

Now this is shitposting

Fuck off, Fai.

>spend 200 hours reading FSN
>drop it at the worms part and never finish it

>anime removes all the good arcs
>character development is removed
>designs are fucked will
>things well explained in the source has their explanation cut out
>entire filler arcs are added
>anime original ending

>"what are you talking about? the anime is exactly the same as the source material!"

So the director considers the source material so horribly dull and bad, he can't be bothered to give too much attention to the adaption.
No big deal.

>Voice acting and animation
I want anime-fags to leave this board.

It was far from flawless but at least it was entertaining. The Ufo version was a borefest in comparison.
Who?

>world renowned VN

How to spot a Fatedrone

>No listen guys, I swear that THIS highschool battle and or fantasy isekai is different!

Read the LN.

>highschool battle and or fantasy isekai
That's why I haven't touched either of these genres since the obligatory SAO watch.

Primary reason why Steins;Gate threads are bad

>this is totally not a Sup Forums thread I swear

Considering that anme consistently brings down the quality of whatever the source material is, find this to be the case almost always.

I'm convinced S;G thread are bad because the series has a trap. I'm ashamed of buying the game despite I never played it.

It almost always is. It ranges from series to series but generally a volume of a light novel at a normal pace (not rushing) is around 3 and a half hours long. Most light novel series get at least 12 volumes which is thus around 36 hours minimum, possibly over 60. For comparison, one season of anime is around 4 hours long. So to cover the average light novel series adequately, you need around 9 seasons at a minimum, possibly 18-20 for longer series. In addition, writing is just a better medium for story telling and character development than animation. And on top of all that you can "get away" with a lot more in a book than in something that airs on TV.

Re:zero is good. SAO is bad.

The problem isn't the trap. The problem are people who like the trap and keep parroting about how much they want to fuck it.

Well then maybe we should stop pandering to those faggots.

You're totally wrong mate. Pretty much anything adapted by Deen has vastly better source material.

It saddens me how traps are becoming more and more common and every season has at least one of them

>he reads translations
By reading a translation of a LN or a VN, you're losing access to the deep and complicated Japanese prose, which is obviously present in these mediums.
While you could be reading a work of literature on par with Dostoevsky, Dante or Shakespeare, instead you read the watered down translated and often localized releases.
It is oftentimes better to view an adaptation unto the silver screen rather than reading a translation to English, for the animators are transitioning a work of Japanese literature to a work of Japanese animation.
They truly understand how to transition the action of characters written in ordinary text into wonderful scenes of wonder and imagination.
Take for example: the fight between Archer and Lancer in Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works adapted by Studio Deen.
Taking the author, Kinoko Nasu's brilliantly described actions of the scene, the studio had composed a spectacular fight for anyone to see.
The localization of the VN however, had Archer "swinging his swords" and "beating Lancer up".
It had lost sense of elegance which had existed within the orignal Japanese release of the Visual Novel.
Kinoko Nasu's masterful prose on par with Murakami and Mishima had been lost.
The poetic mastery of his language, with the brilliantly described love-making and fights.
So returning to the initial point, does the truer adaptation: the animation, typically not allow one to truly understand the source material and authorial intent within the work?
Do not forget, that translations are often created and okayed by publishers, and not the authors.
In the adaptation of text to animation, the author often holds the right to make statements about how the animation fits his original idea of the work.
By allowing a third party to make the translations, the authorial intent is lost, and all leads to misunderstanding of the great works.

tl;dr secondaries are better than you translation reading faggots, and they have a greater right to complain

hopefully MT never gets an anime

though to tell you beforehand yes Shield hero is bad only watch the anime if you like higher blood pressure or if you just love Sup Forums-brand shitstorms

i swear to fuck nu-Sup Forums is cancer.
fucking newfags literally do not have the ability to comprehend and read and assume ass adaptations are the standard for what a series is.

>all the faggots getting butthurt at these two posts

Seems you stuck a nerve, anons.

It feels good to be a Kyoanifag and know that their adaptations are ALWAYS ten times better than shitty source materials.

"lol u mad?" is not an argument.

>putting up with literal retards assuming their blaring retardation should be the norm
>hurr durr i toll u!1121111!!!! Durr spork xDD"
>U MAD MAD I BET UN MAD I IZ MASTAH TROLL11!!
fuck off retard.

>UBW
>world renown
UBW was just shonen trash. The VN is even worse than the fucking anime because instead of wasting only a few hours of your time, it wastes dozens. Only fucking good part of Fate is Zero and Strange Fake, neither of which are written by the hack Nasu. inb4 the themes are not shonen because there's sex.

>Berserk
>world renown
Berserkfags love to pump up their manga as a modern masterwork which everyone the world over loves and an anime/game/movie/whatever of it would be able to pay back the US debt. Fact of the matter is, Berserk is niche and not very popular, which is why it always gets the short end of the stick. What, you think Berserk is Dragon Ball tier famous and studios and companies just pass up on it because of some international conspiracy? Face the facts Berserkfags, your manga isn't anywhere near as popular as you want people to believe.

This is never true. Mostly because Light Novels are a garbage medium that should never be taken seriously as actual literature and have zero redeeming qualities.

Visual novels have voice actors, environmental sounds, backgrounds and music. Comics have greater emphasis on drawings than words. Light novels at best have had an animation or audio drama that can "give characters voices" while reading.

>The adaptation is actually worse 99% of the times
I fail to see the problem

Says someone who doesn't read light novels. There are plenty of great ones you just have to have the patience to read through 12+ volumes.

>LN is diluted crap I've read the WN using google translate !

>volume 1 and 2 focuses on world building and establishing relationships
>Anime covers volume 1 and 2
>volume 3 starts with our protags getting pincer attacked by neighboring factions
>introduces more interesting characters
>protags also get involve into 2 full scale war, assassination attempts and ship battles
>one of the heroines storytells how she was conceived with her mother describing the blowjob, paizuri, sumata, missionary, anal and various sexual positions she learned from a book they did for 24 days in explicit detail
>Volume 3 anime adaptation never

FUCK

Oda Nobuna has a similar thing where the anime ended right before the best arc.

Thanks for making me remember

Fuck ;_;