Why do japs have such shit taste in anime...

Why do japs have such shit taste in anime? I was reading a bunch of male character polls from various magazines and shit like Kira Yamato, Emiya Shirou and Kirito were consistently top 10. Don't even get me started on the female rankings. It's pleb shit all the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/featured/959/Top_20_Favorite_Anime_Guys_and_Boys_on_MAL
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All popularity rankings will inevitably be pleb shit. There is no way around that. Pleb shit is defined as what most people know. And things that are better known just get more hits in popularity polls. It's inevitable.
The only way to avoid it is to make sure that everyone who gets polled knows every single anime on the poll.

>not liking jesus yamato and best boy Shirou
Kill yourself.

Kira ain't got shit on onii-sama.

Because characters without flaws better satisfy their insatiable wish fulfillment needs

>characters without flaws
>Emiya Shirou

Only the greatest can reach the top.

You talk as if the west would not have Kirito and Shirou in their top 10.

The top 10 in the west would be something like this in no order:

Goku
Spike Spiegel
Naruto
Vash the Stampede
Inuyasha
Kirito
Ash Ketchum
Jackie Chan
Cloud Strife
Shinji

kira is ok, no real reason to hate him
his series helped strengthen goondem fandom overall, giving interest to the others
what matters in these polls is being able to understand the extent of voters that consistently use shekels on the medium, not the dbz/love live/etc morons

You really think the MASSES are going to have obscure and interesting characters in their top 10?
C'mon OP.

Depends. If it was an open internet poll, the NEETs with more developed taste could tip the scales.

>Jackie Chan
lol

>tfw no Jackie Chan anime with furniture-of-the-week format

Maybe it's you who has the shit taste.

I wonder if a martial arts anime featuring Jackie Chan would be a hit in Japan. I mean, it sorta took off in 'murrica but who knows. Don't the Chinese and Japanese hate each other for the most part?

Closest you get is Jackie Chan adventures.

Sup Forums would make some meme character like penpen be the top of the list

myanimelist.net/featured/959/Top_20_Favorite_Anime_Guys_and_Boys_on_MAL

Penpen is objectively god tier.

And what's your top 10 male characters? You want to pretend to be a hipster by hating on the popular guys but I bet your list is filled with random nonames from anime that only you and 4 other watched. How do you expect these literally who to get 1st place in a poll where hundreds or thousands vote?

>ruruchu at top 1
It's like Sup Forums rigged this shit.

If they are the target audience, in the intended demographic, doesn't that mean that WE have the shit taste?

Ok,

Kid Goku
Teen Goku
Adult Goku
SSJ1 Goku
SSJ2 Goku
SSJ3 Goku
SSG Goku
SSGSS Goku
SS4 Goku
Goten

>ss4 goku
Other than that pretty solid taste my fellow spic poster.

I was going to put Gohan in there for a second but decided he didn't deserve it.

Penpen is dead.

>goku
I'm glad that's not the Japanese ranking. And I'm glad they don't care to the west enough to keep forcing this pleb thing this much.
Honestly, I have no problems with pleb animes such as Dragon Ball, Naruto, and Bleach, but people like you make me feel sick of them and wish this never came to the west. I curse you normies with all my will.

If you like it this much, go eat some Marvel bullshit. I'd be happy to see you leaving and I'm sure you'd find what you are looking for there.

>animes
>normies

To be fair I think Kira being constantly voted for is a long-time meme with the japs.

>Why do japs have such shit taste in anime?

Westerners have worst taste.

>it's a meme
>can be expected to place high across genders and separate publications

Sure.

well you're not wrong. westerners try to pander to everyone

The West has this idea that NEETs must have good taste, because they spend all their time watching anime.

But they typically watch seasonal shit, follow idols and voice actors, and like loli characters. Most have the mentality of a junior high schooler, because they failed high school and couldn't get into college. They're emotionally and mentally stunted to a painful degree. They're the equivalent of adults who spend their time on tumblr and deviantart freaking out over Steven Universe or Sponebob Squarepants or whatever this generation likes.

t. I tutor some otaku ronins in Japan and it. is. painful.

Not talking about western taste in western things. I mean western taste in anime. We have people still jerking off to mediocre anime and thinking that shows that were handpicked and edited for western consumption are the end all be all. Beast King GoLion (Voltron) is doodoo but look at how normalfags memed people into think it's a good show.

Shit tastes

Flaws are meaningless when the plot bends in your favor.

>Beast King GoLion
Never heard of it.

>Is just Japan

All those characters along with Naruto are popular in the west too.

Jesus that sucks user.

Nice blog faggot

>ImplyingNotRigged.