We talk about instant drops all the time, but what is considered an instant pick-up for you?

We talk about instant drops all the time, but what is considered an instant pick-up for you?

Hard mode: No cute/lewd girls. Everyone picks up shows for cute girls.

Boys kissing boys or girls kissing girls.

Yuri.

instead of being a japanese television serial, it's a high-impact slab of pure molten art from Robert "FUCKING" Bresson.

incest

a defined couple/ eventual couple. fucking last episode cliffhangers.

Original series - I can hope for it to have an actual ending and get a nice closure
Promo art doesn't show characters

Something that sets itself apart. I only picked up Ballroom e Youkoso because it's the first anime about ballroom dancing I've ever sern.

If it has an atmosphere and theme I find appealing.

How do you find about that without spoiling yourself?

Wakamoto is in it

this. running out of shit to watch though, after Eromanga,
Oreimo, Yosuga no Sora, Kiss x Sis, Aki Sora, Candy Boy and Danichigai

Drama with time travel
Any series about eating food
Any horror
Yuri
Isekai

That's when you begin to read.

start with the greeks

Saori Hayami.
Slice of Life tags in it.
Urobutcher involvement.
Tatsuya Katou OST.
Original.

get out of Sup Forums

rare to see a /lit/ crossboarder on Sup Forums

You're 8 years late.

>Urobutcher involvement
shit taste as usual

Made by Feel.? Watch it.
Made by Dogakobo? Watch it.
Made by Kyoani? Watch it.
Hanamori Yumiri is voicing anyone in it? Watch it.

Only thing I can really think is an instant pick-up is cute daughterus. I want to be a father so bad.

Homos need to die.

Anything with suffering.

introspection that isn't retarded.

I want to hang chagen on meathooks and break every bone in his body with an ice pick.

Anything you'd recommend?

If it features police/crime/detectives/spies and the like, I tend to pick it up without question simply because I enjoy that stuff. Although this probably seems broad, since two particular shows I loved that fall under this category are ACCA and Active Raid and their appeals are quite different.
From the spies part you can probably guess I picked up Princess Principal which had an excellent first episode. I really hope it keeps it up all the way until the end. Also, these shows tend to have great OPs/EDs for some reason, perhaps it's a coincidence.

Delinquent boys/girls, even better if it's both. I will watch to completion, no matter how bad it is. Pic related.

Cute boys

He doesn't give a fuck and does anything he wants without regards to the show, I like that, It create hypes and oh shit moments.

anything with well drawn guns, though its an instadrop when the guns arent used or treated like guns. stuff like youjo senki or izetta is pretty much dropped after watching one ep.

I'll watch everything eventually, so I don't really drop anything. This is what makes you a true animation connoisseur.
If you don't watch the truly shit anime you don't really like anime, get the fuck out of my board casual newshit.

Non-school settings.

I usually watch series that Sup Forums is extremely polarized on

Goth lolis. These days it's a dying breed.

>Forcing yourself through literal shit
Waste of time.

(Cute) yuri.

I've never seen the Kiss X sis anime, but I would assume the manga is much further than it.

Koi Kaze is one of the most recommended ones I've seen. I've heard it's more drama tho.

Mochi Au Lait has written two yuri incest manga, short and sweet (like less than 10 chapters short), if you haven't read much manga then start here I guess. The titles are [Met my sister on a dating site] and [twin sisters]

Anyways, I just went on a quick search so I'll just drop all the titles I found now.

OniichanControl
Rika
Oniichan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nai n da kara ne!
Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude
Aki-Sora
Noel no Kimochi
Cherry x Cherry

It's impossible to gauge an instant pick up like it is a drop.

For finished shows, i am especially looking at these:

>Has an ending/conclusion at the end of the show
I have seen enough shit that ends with a cliffhanger or just with the resolution of an arc. By now i really dislike these shows that seem like a 4 hour promo for the Manga/LN.
I hate it even more that if i then go to the source and the Anime was the only interesting part, and the next 2000 chapters are the author dragging his feet so he still has a job by this time next year.

>The romance doesn't drag on for ages without going anywhere
I don't say that the MC has to be balls-deep by the end of the first episode, but holding hands shouldn't be the triumphant end after 26 episodes either.

>Good reviews
I am willing to give any genre and story a shot when it's good

But of course not all reasons are this high minded, it often enough just pick up stuff just because it looks cool or has a new/quirky aesthetic or concept.

(And as for girls, i like all kinds of tomboys: Be it the big-titted delinquent, the lithe runner or the fashionably sporty ones, i just love them!)

Aki Sora is terrible.

if the first episode contains the mc kissing someone it's an instant pickup

Literally picked this up today. I picked it up for girl with the mask. I usually pick up shows with somewhat unique designs.

Anything set in an dystopian or "decaying civilization" setting will get a few episodes on trial by default. Most of them end up a real disappointment though.

>OniichanControl
Not that great, even for a genre manga.
Even at only 35 Chapters the Story drags for a time and then ends abruptly with a really weird ending.
The little Sister isn't very cute, neither as a character nor as a design, and the fan service is mediocre.

If you're down for some VNs theres a decent amount with fully fleshed out story.

Obviously Yosuga no Sora is a thing since it was a VN in the first place and you already know what thats about.

Chrono Clock has blind oppai imouto with a full incest route complete with future incest child, though the translation is quite questionable.

Hoshizora no Memoria has an annoying clownass genki imouto and i guess technically also a ghost alien loli sometimes-daughter though most people think imouto is really annoying.

I'd list more for you but this is stuff just off the top of my head and I can't check my list right now.

Any show with the promise of good animation is an instant pick-up.

>Hoshimemo
I should replay this one day.

My two instant pick-ups are "girls with guns" and "great reaction faces"

Unusual art style

for the most part this has been the single biggest guarantee of novelty and originality.

Cooking.

Any shonen or romance bonus points if the latter is childhood friends

>Sup Forums hates it
>Sup Forums likes it

lesbians that actually go somewhere.

>Show constantly makes the characters pull reaction faces
I didn't even like GabDrop but after the first episode I understood that the amount of possible reactions was innumerable.

Besides Sakura Trick this never happens

But Sakura Trick did it in the most boring way possible.

Besides the catchy OP Sakura Trick was painfully boring. Not even the kisses saved it.

god bless

Invoker would make the best smug loli. Doter 2 anime when?

Now... this may not be a popular opinion, but I like it when a cute soft male somehow manages to win all the girls... like Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle.

I'm not sure how to describe it... like? A harem but with femdom? I'm thinking of watching Infinite Stratos next. Any other suggestions?

>Lux
>Soft
He just looks beta.

Lewd villainess or female anti-hero. Like Kurumi from Date A Live.

>Chrono Clock

>goth lolis

This. Except Kurumi is terribly executed as a character.

>what is considered an instant pick-up for you?
>harem
>isekai

On screen sex.

kyoani
shaft
kobayashi yu
fukujun
sugita
tomokazu seki

AYAYA