WE WUZ DETECTIVES 'N SHIT

WE WUZ DETECTIVES 'N SHIT

Who the fuck is going to watch this?

The fans of the manga/anime won't because it all looks wrong.
The normalfag liberals won't because it has "whitewashing".
The normalfag non-liberals won't because L is black.
The Japanese won't because they don't care about Netflix.

What were they trying to do?

He is a good actor though, just hope he creates his own L without cringily trying to copy the anime

Fuck off racist.

Everybody will if the result is good, say what you will, death note has an amazing story

>Wingard addressed the concerns over the film, explaining that the film is an American take on the Death Note story, stating, "It’s one of those things where the harder I tried to stay 100 percent true to the source material, the more it just kind of fell apart… You’re in a different country, you’re in a different kind of environment, and you’re trying to also summarize a sprawling series into a two-hour-long film. For me, it became about; what do these themes mean to modern day America, and how does that affect how we tell the story."[27]
He's going to cringily try to copy the anime.

The question is why they didn't do a completely new Death Note story.

Yeah, until L died

>Light, I'm just wondering, but how come half of the people you kill are black? Black people only make up thirteen percent of the population.

L was such an aesthetic based character. If his acting sucked they could just play it off as him being asocial. They had one fucking job.

A lot rests on the actor playing Light too since the vast majority of the story is told through his character and he has wayyyyy more lines than anyone else.

Non-liberals =/= Hitler wannabes (Sup Forums)

You know what , considering how well the Castlevenia series is going i might just

>make both characters white
>get attacked by the >muh diversity half of the internet
>make one black
>get attacked by the >WE half
don't envy the producers 2bh

Should have ended the show at that point

>Everybody will if the result is good
Death Note is one of those series where the aesthetic is the major appeal.

>Light is the archetypical bishounen whose looks seduce women that become his accomplices
>L is the pale slovenly eccentric who nevertheless gained a rabid following and fangirls regularly cite him as their favorite
>the volume covers have that beautiful visual kei style
>the artist put a lot of thought into what each character would wear and why, how it matches their physical features, etc
>the anime added symbolic imagery and patterns in specific scenes and OP/EDs
In brief, Death Note was carried by its stylish visuals as much as the game of cat and mouse. If it didn't look as good as it did I doubt it would have become half as popular.

>What were they trying to do?
Gee, I wonder what their intentions are? It's not like it is becoming a trend by the media to put black people in the roles of whites. It is almost as if there was a group of people behind it with a strategy of some sort against whites, right?

Really makes my neurons fire up

Netflix Light looks like a fucking beta uprising school shooter when he should be a metro chad.

Not according to Sup Forums.

>>>/reddit/

I was about to say the new Power Girl does look amazing when I reread the headline and realized it's the one on the right.

I can see they are going to fuck up the Witcher adaptation. I hate netflix.

Will this movie show Light manipulating and thinking of Misa as shit like in the original manga?

Meant to quote

>maxresdefault
>trip cancer
>called "big guy" nonetheless
>crossboarder humor
I think we should rethink the rule of allowing live action movie threads on Sup Forums.

Your post really left me thinking over here...

Pic related, the new Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter series. What a coincidence, right?

Your quote clearly says that he isn't going to copy it.

The story, not the character. The key visuals already show that he's going to do the L crouch.