Why should we fund NASA, again?

libertarians say I shouldn't

>There are a number of ways to spend a $19.3 billion annual budget; we could pay for 1.94 million young adults in the United States to attend a public 4-year university, we could provide 1.87 million people with health care, or we could use the money to fund the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for one year.

fee.org/articles/nasa-shouldn-t-be-funded-by-the-government/

dont you ever post that shit movie on my board ever again

Doesn't seem like we should. Fund a USAF space program, and leave the rest to private entities.

Add the nsa to this as well.

It really was fucking terrible. It is like they tried to remake Event Horizon but with a healthy dose of poz.

we already tried giving kangz mo money fo dem programs, didn't work out that well

>healthcare costs
Copy Switzerland or Singapore.
>University costs
Fire more administrators.

The next nearest solar system is so far away that dreams of colonizing another suitable planet is nothing short of absurd.

>inb4 hurr hurr Mars
Mars is a barren wasteland with an atmosphere you can't breathe in. Why not just take care of the planet you have with animals, lakes, rivers, mountains, breathable air, trees, fertile soil - instead of trying to colonize some shitty uninhabitable red desert.

NASA and space travel is a meme and a scam.

plus space diseases like the article mentions

>space travel is a meme and a scam.

Because having all your eggs in one basket is pretty silly. Soon or later a celestial body is going to impact the earth going 30,000mph and we might not sure survive the next one like we did 12,800 years ago. Even if it was just a contingent plan to keep enough people off world at any given time that could repopulate the earth after the environment restabilized.

>The next nearest solar system is so far away that dreams of colonizing another suitable planet is nothing short of absurd.

I didn't say anything about going to the next solar system pal. There are plenty of places in our solar system that are suitable for human colonies. Look into floating cities in the upper atmosphere of Venus. 30 miles above the surface the atmospheric pressure is similar to earth, the gravity is only slightly lower, and the temperature is 75 degrees...the atmosphere at that altitude also provides similar protection from solar radiation as on earth.

do you know anyone who has gone to space? I dont

nasa is a joke

>pay for undergrad degrees
>by eliminating a useful government enterprise that would employ useful university students

yup its for faggot normies to jerk off too and cry them selves to sleep then go back and wagecuck the next day again

Why do they keep trying to sell me mars and black hole shit instead of retardly cheap platinum from asteroids.

>People from several countries are all representatives of the majority population
>The brit and the burger are BLACKED when even the Brazilian isn't

Topkek

Space is worth it you fucks....get your education from a library or the internet

Most, if not all, of the space program was directed to nuclear detection and advance missile technology. NASA was just the "nice" public relation face of defense spending. The last thing the US want is people putting nukes on satellites. Satellites themselves were for made for spying earth locations. You know the SETI program that claims they're searching for signs of aliens signals? That's all a front. SETI was made to detect nuclear testing on earth.

or we could spent it on an over sized army we dont really need?

at least make a nice tripcode if youre gonna larp as an insider

because only whites will get to leave the planet

Advancements by NASA directly or indirectly contribute to technology and society
To go where no man has gone before
Most importantly to show America's potential in the solar system