Pelosi: $1,000 Is ‘Crumbs’ For The Middle Class

>House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi doubled down on her claim that a $1,000 bonus is just “crumbs” for middle-class Americans.
>“There’s a little mouse trap who’s got a little piece of cheese on there and there’s a mouse about to take it and that’s called the middle class,” Pelosi said of workers getting bonuses as a result of the GOP tax cuts. “And around it are fat cats, they look a lot like elephants but anyway, around there. And that’s the thing. Get this little thing and we get this big bonanza. You get the crumb, we get the banquet.”
>Pelosi made the comments during a recent town hall on tax reform, proving just how out of touch she is with struggling Americans.
>Pelosi previously blasted the bonuses as “crumbs” earlier in January, insisting that they are “pathetic” gifts that mean little to workers. >“In terms of the bonus that corporate America receives versus the crumbs they are giving to workers to put the schmooze on is so pathetic,” she said during a House speech on January 11.
>Fellow Democrat Debbie Wasserman Schultz has echoed Pelosi’s rhetoric, insisting that $1,000 doesn’t “go far” for anyone.
>“Frankly, if you look at the bonuses, which I haven’t heard of a corporate bonus more than $1,000 so far. Which by the way is taxed, so it’s not $1,000. And then you spread $1,000 over the course of the year — to think of about how much that is — of course they get it all at once. But I’m not sure that $1,000 (which is taxed, taxable) goes very for almost anyone,” Schultz claimed.
>archive.is/tpcHc
Are they aware they keep shooting themselves in the foot?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/11/list-companies-paid-bonuses-boosted-pay-since-tax-bill-passed/1023848001/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meanwhile she lives in an area called "billionaires row"
It's quickly turning into only blacks being dumb enough to still fall for this shit

$1000 is crumbs for the middle class.

It's not even a mortgage payment.

It is in idaho faggot.

$1000 is a mortgage payment in many places
if you'd leave the city you'd realize that

We need to start lynching politicians like this

So wonder your fucking poor you Whole Foods shopping avacoda eating milinial

:thinkingface:

Except it's not just 1000$. She is referring to the 1000$ bonus some companies are giving to their employees. In addition to that, these employees are also getting vastly reduced taxes and they no longer have to pay for Obama Care. Those two things alone are a huge win.

You're as retarded as Pelosi is you think that the only thing that matters is a 1000$ bonus when it's just icing on the cake.

>millionaire democrat is out of touch with her constituents news at 11

most families received 4-6K

>t. Californian who pays $2000 a month to rent a shack

I'm all for making fun of politicians, but isn't this why they have staff? To get them the right talking points? What the fuck do they do?

>be Democrat, never want tax cuts only tax raises
>guy who shouldn't have been elected gets a tax cut through
>now claim tax cut isn't enough

The left isnt your friend...they do what they do on purpose

I'd take a fucking outhouse in California over a mansion in Flyoverville.

I'm not saying they are, far from it. I'm just saying there has to be someone on staff that's actually somewhat competent at their job. Is it just the fucking mailman?

t. inner city retard who voted for killary

> hurr, just leave the city
80% of Americans live in an urban population center.

> hurr, don't live on the west coast
I'm 20% of Americans live on the west coast

The irony of claiming Pelosi is out of touch, while being this out of touch.

$1000 is fuckin chump change.

>80% of Americans live in an urban population center.

Delusional

>I'm 20% of Americans live on the west coast

How many of those "Americans" are actually legal citizens?

>The irony of claiming Pelosi is out of touch, while being this out of touch.

>$1000 is fuckin chump change.

That is a lot for poor people. And more poor people under the new tax code wont have to pay tax so theyre keeping more than that to pay for their expenses.

Let me show you around exotic amazing breathtaking...Stockton!

Pelosi is a billionaire. $1000 is like crumbs to her.

I was coming to post this. Good job.

I’m saving $2,500. Plus I got a $2 an hour raise

>40 dollars
>26 paychecks
>1040 dollars
Hmmmmmmmmm

$1000 is like a month's rent. Don't forget food, student debt, car payment, supporting kids if we want a family, etc we have to deal with. Yeah it's fucking peanuts.

It's 2 mortgage payments anywhere that's 200 miles away from a coast.

I am one. I'm not fucking leaving the place I've lived my entire life and one of the cleanest, safest places in the United States. Stay in fucking Idaho, have fun with that, some of us actually want a job that isn't construction or potato farming.

If $1,000 makes a big difference in your life, here's some great news! There are a number of state and federal programs that can improve your standard of living and quality of life to that which the rest of the country enjoys! Have a look into these programs. Poverty isn't something you have to struggle with forever. You've contributed to these programs with every dollar you've earned and spent, they're there for you to use, and there's no shame taking the opportunity to give yourself and your family the breathing room that might let you make changes that could provide even greater economic prosperity.

you're an idiot, enjoy your crippling debt because you're incapable of budgeting your life. communism can never win until we get literal free energy which we can't have because you retards hate nuclear power

tell it to the retarded calicommie bitching it's not enough

$1000/52 = $19.23 a week

she's right, that buys me pretty much nothing.

I need to acquire another job and 3 $1000 breaks and then I could live comfortably.

>Do they know how stupid they are?

"Oh, a military parade? You support that? Well guess who now OPPOSES the military!"

No, pretty much they are just George Costanza doing the opposite.

It’s basically the same as telling someone there cellphone bill is paid for life

Name 7 companies giving $1000 bonuses because of reduced taxes, and I will vote republican tomorrow, I swear it.

That's why you should say no to the 1,000 dollars and give up your mortgage to the Banks. Become a NEET and follow the virtuous path.

It pays my cable and internet bill every month. I'll gladly take free cable and internet

usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/11/list-companies-paid-bonuses-boosted-pay-since-tax-bill-passed/1023848001/

Your cable+internet is only $83?

Didn't a bunch of companies actually start hiring and paying more as a direct result of the tax reform?

It was so effective at boosting the economy the stock market dropped because of inflation concerns because of the extra dollars in the economy.

If you know how to spin their agenda into a positive the public will buy, you could be a millionaire working as a consultant.

$87 but close enough

possibly, I was just disproven a moment ago. I'd need a citation before I concede the point though.

last I read most companies polled would not be hiring additional labor, but that may have changed.

>you don't even know about the absurdly expensive urban lifestyle I probably chose for myself, who's out of touch now?

$1000 is two months worth of groceries even in Cuckifornia. You've never come close to hardship if you think $1000 is even close to something to sniff at.

I am sure a lot of companies won't hire more and will shore up profits because a lot don't need to hire more.

>one of the cleanest, safest places in the United States

I don't know where you live, but it's obviously not an urban center.

1000 dollars is half a year of groceries for me. Good stuff too.

Yeah, two months is just absolute highball.

But I'll get more crumbs with their tax cuts than I would have without it. I'm fine with it.

For a family of what, four?

Her and Obama had 8 years to attempt to fix things. What do they have to show for it?

>He wants to give you crumbs!
>I want to give you NO crumbs!
>In fact, vote for my party and we’ll take even more crumbs that you might have!
It’s a bold strategy

neither party gives a fuck about the middle class

Thank god for Paul Ryan tweeting about how great $1.50 a week is.

Idk, at least the republicans are letting me keep more of the money I earned.

Fat cats that look like elephants.
That made me chuckle.

she is right you know

it would have been better had they not not received the bonus but instead been fired and had their jobs given to """undocumented democrats""".

then they could have gotten lifetime benefits paid out of the taxes on those racist white male workers who make an egregious 25k per year or more.

Many will be offended because $1000 is not crumbs to them and they consider themselves middle class. I'm offended because $1000 dollars is crumbs to me and I'm offended that she thinks I'm middle class.

I just got $50 extra in my paycheck this week. Pretty pumped. Gonna be keeping an extra 2-2.5k a year now.

I wish I had 1k

ayee

Its a $1000 bonus. Its not spread over 52 weeks you dumb shit

>Have to wait around all year to get bonus
>not just up front and also money saved due to tax cut

Nice try faggotron

I live in San Francisco, don't lie about cleanliness you fat kike

I can show you like 200 companies doing this and better

I'd take 1k upfront, yes.