90s > 00s > 70s > 80s > 10s

90s > 10s >80s > 70s > 00s

this objectively correct ranking is
90s > 80s > 10s> 70s > 00s

What the FUCK did they do to my Roux?
No seriously, what's the bottom from?

>10s that high
>00s that low

I would rather forget about the 00s and their bug people.

90s > 00s > 80s > 70s > 10s

This

90s is the Reddit decade. You have to go back.

I'd rather have crazy looking art and variety than boring shit.

10's a best

That was the 90s though

It can't be helped but still better than 80's meme.

worst was whenever this art style was in

I miss 90s nipples.

It's not crazy looking art, it's every anime looking like this.

90s never went full bug people.

Yeah, I mean 00s gave us Lucky Star and K-on, can't go wrong with that

I think that's late90s/early00s.
OP fucked the years up, they should have consisted of lateX0s/early(X+1 mod 10)0s

Yes it did. You just don't know anything beyond the Reddit newfag core: Cowboy bebop, Eva, Lain, Utena, etc

Show me those full bug 90s anime then.

Eva was the beginning of it.

I would argue. 00 is a golden age in every aspect. Best character designs as well.

It was mostly the early part of the 00s which had the bug people but there were also shows like Kino, Texhnolyze, Gankutsuou, Gungrave, Planetes, etc floating around then too. Variety is the key.

>hating bug people

this site gets worse every day

slayers

Ok, that's awful enough.

It's shit.

One of the laserdisc covers.
Both are by Kitazume.

who knows

Are you seriously implying ZZ is an example of good anime?

I love the 90s. Great character design, especially the "90s style" is really unique and refreshing. Good colours, a huge number of good anime. Steadily working my way through the production, and there is so much.

But the 00s is the backbone of anime watching. When watching something good, it's usually from the 00s. There is just such a huge number of relevant, interesting or good anime from that decade. It's really a decade to go back to any time when looking for something. So while the 90s are awesome, I think I have to place the 00s above it, just due to the sheer number of great anime and the great diversity.

00s>90>various other decades I really haven't seen enough of to have an opinion about

00s > 90s = 80s > 70s > 10s

Says the spic that only watches seasonal shit.

First person with respectable taste arrives.

>But the 00s is the backbone of anime watching. When watching something good, it's usually from the 00s
It usually from golden age from 2006 aka late 00's.
Early 00's looked bland and grayish. No shadows, little bleaks, cheap blurry photos instead of backgrounds, colors looked washed off. It was ugly as hell most of the time.

When will Sup Forums learn that decades didn't have a cohesive art style?

2006-2012 or so wasn't that good on average, it just had an exceptionally high number of productions, almost all of which have subs. The average 70s show had better writing and the average 80s show had better visuals by a mile

We are talking about majority and tendencies.
They are pretty distinctive between decades.

80s is where it's at

My possibly favourite anime, Kaleido Star, is from 2003, and there are plenty of other highly regarded anime from that time too, at least 2002 and onwards. Visuals aren't everything, as long as they are good enough that you can get used to it.

80s = 70s > 10s > 90s >>>>>>>>>>>>> 00s

Gunbuster is from 1988

And what have the '10s given us so far?

Only the first episode.

*first 2 episodes
And even then the other four are from 1989.
It's an 80s anime.

Well shit. I must have confused it with another mecha OVA. Red slut's nipples in the first ten minutes of EoE were unexpectedly nice though.

i feel that 10s had more experiments in the right direction.
Inferno cop, kill la kill, NGNL, panty & stocking, ninja slayer, are few examples of shows with different artstyle that tries new kind of animation away from the old trend "ugyuu am i kawaiiii??!?"

Get lost, ANN.

correct

Hyouka, Shirobako, Madoka, Chihayafuru, Shinsekai Yori, Fractale, Non Non Biyori

This has to be bait. Watch more anime 00s anime.

+Ikuhara's Mawaru Penguindrum and Yuri Kuma.
You can say all you want about the plot but his directioning was top notch.

Haven't seen Yuri Kuma, but I guess Penguindrum was pretty good. Not the first that comes to mind though. I think I may be too uncultured to appreciate good directing. It was enjoyable though.

There are 90s looking anime in the late 80s
There are 00s looking anime in the late 90s
There are 10s looking anime in the late 00s
It's the late 10s now, what have we seen recently that will become the new standard?

Are there 90s looking anime in the 80s? My impression was rather the reverse, that 90s looking didn't start from the beginning of the 90s and that early 90s anime looked like 80s.
What are some 80s anime that look like 90s?

The first 18 episodes of Ranma

How fucking shit is your taste, my god.

>There are 10s looking anime in the late 00s
Man I feel like the art style has not changed much since 2007-2017.

>tfw no thicker lines + grain filter for modern anime

God I love thick outlines. Why couldn't modern anime look like this?