This show was the shit

This show was the shit

I agree, it was.

Madoi best girl

Good taste.

We have mobile smartphone yet still no netnavi to have as a travel pall/assist. Or even a mobile Battle Network game where you can battle others on the fly (or something like that).

Sucks man.

Battle Network was released in the wrong time period.
Fuck, I'd have been happy if it had been released during even the DS era, at least there'd be online battles, or so I assume.

It was okay but the games were the bomb

The Star Force games on DS had wi-fi battles but they were also kind of shit.

Inferior to the games but still pretty cool. After Axess started I kinda disliked the Cross Fusion thing but I understand what they were going for. The movie was pretty legit, too.

Meiru was so lewd, Jesus

Pharaohman's appearance by killing Megaman was one of the biggest shocks I've ever felt watching anime

I always wondered why they didn't have the anime do straight adaptations of the games. Mega Man being Lan's deceased older twin brother Hub would have been a cool thing to have in the anime, and the stories in the games were typically better (BN4 excluded) than those in the anime.

It really is the perfect time to capitalize on Battle Network nostalgia. One part of me thinks that they should leave the story as-is since it was wrapped up nicely, but I feel that it's a waste to leave it without one final hurrah over a decade later in an era where the technology would allow for an even closer experience to the games. It doesn't have to be Battle Network 7 or anything. Maybe a Battle Network Collection on the Switch with completely new assets and rebalanced gameplay, but that sounds like a lot of work with how many games there are. Maybe Battle Network X (Rockman.EXE X), a side-story where Sigma.EXE is the major antagonist and various X series characters make their debut as Navis. We already have Zero.EXE, Iris.EXE, and Colonel.EXE, why not Axl.EXE, General.EXE, Signas.EXE, Alia.EXE, etc? Or have existing Navis get upgrades based on X characters, like Protoman gets Zero, Roll gets Alia, Gutsman gets General...

Now that I think about it, Darkloids are vaguely similar to Mavericks.

The games were great though.

>if they waited they could've released net navi apps alongside battlenetwork games where you have your own net navi
>could've been some pokemon go shit

This show always made me want to try those, which one should I emulate?

All bn games except 4. Thank me later

I adore them. Even 4, though it's the weakest.

It's only one of two Megaman series with an ending, and the only one with a happy one.

Start at BN 1, but if you don't like it, don't give up, just switch to 2 because the series' quality makes a massive jump in the 2nd installment. I guarantee you that you will come back to it later once you realize what the game is all about. Also, no one will fault you if you want to skip 4 later, but I would still say play it. 3 is almost the undisputed best of the series, so if you only play one of them, play 3. I have so many good memories of 3, and I've legit replayed at least 5 times now.

Depends, do you have tons of time on your hands? Then do the main games in order from 1 to 6. If not start with anything you like except 4

3 was my first and it's considered the best (you should specifically go with the Blue version).

Going by release date

Battle Network Rockman.EXE (Mega Man Battle Network)
Battle Network Rockman.EXE 2 (Mega Man Battle Network 2)
Battle Network Rockman.EXE 3 (Mega Man Battle Network 3 White)
Rockman.EXE Transmission (Mega Man Network Transmission)
Battle Network Rockman.EXE 3 BLACK (Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue)
Rockman.EXE: Battle Chip GP (Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge)
Rockman.EXE: N1 Battle
Rockman.EXE 4: Tournament Red Sun (Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun)
Rockman.EXE 4: Tournament Blue Moon (Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon)
Rockman.EXE 4.5: Real Operation
Rockman.EXE: Phantom of Network
Rockman.EXE 5: Team of Blues (Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman)
Rockman.EXE 5: Team of Colonel (Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Colonel)
Rockman.EXE 5DS: Twin Leaders (Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team DS)
Rockman.EXE 6: Cyber Beast Glaga (Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar)
Rockman.EXE 6: Cyber Beast Falzer (Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar)
Rockman.EXE: Legend of Network
Rockman.EXE: Operate Shooting Star

EXE3 BLACK was released after regular EXE3, and EXE5 Team of Colonel was released after EXE5 Team of Blues. It's hard to call them definitive versions since the other versions have content they don't, but BLACK/Blue does have a little bit of extra content and Team of Colonel does a little bit of set-up for the plot of EXE6.

Transmission was a GameCube game and takes place after the first game.
N1 Battle is a Wonderswan Color version of Battle Chip GP.
Real Operation wasn't released outside Japan.
Twin Leaders is an enhanced port of both Team of Blues and Team of Colonel for the DS.
Operate Shooting Star is an enhanced port of the first game for the DS. It wasn't released outside Japan.
Phantom of Network and Legend of Network are Japanese mobile games.

Other than that, all the games were typically released on the GBA.

I rewatched the show and the animation literally didn't exist. Every battle was reused animation, and when they didn't have animation they just used stills and repeated them instead.

My childhood nostalgia still makes me adore the show, though even as a kid I thought the operator and Navi fusion thing was dumb

At this point I'm sure Capcom is just done with the Megaman franchise. The only shit they've done recently is release shitty collections for the original series.

They occasionally release some cool Battle Network merchandise like that huge soundtrack last year and the occasional art book.

>1997+20
>still no Megaman X4 anime

>we will never get a new season with modern xebec level fanservice
>we will never get a new Battle Network game

why live?

I remember watching this back in 2003. One of the first anime I ever downloaded. Good times.

I would have DESTROYED for a Battle Network 7. Most of us were Lan's age when we played the series. How cool would it have been if we got a game now where he was in his 20s at the focal point of joining the Net Police full time or going into grad school to become a scientist like his father?

He'd be one of the few characters where you get to grow up with him. Sort of like Sora between KH1 and KH2.

I hear it's currently being rebroadcasted. I'd say this would bode well for its future, but Capcom is in shambles right now with its metric ton of bad decisions.

Meiru's ass

>Battle Network was released in the wrong time period.

That's one of the things I appreciated about BN, the premise was literally ahead of its time. It's incredible that we're only now slowly catching to the ingame technology of the series.

This
Also if BN was made today, it would be full of internet memes and references to social media. I think it already had a few that slipped into 6.

The humans in BN somehow figured out how to control and even suppress earthquakes that tech is centuries ahead of us.

Starforce has witchcraft level tech where they turn light into matter allowing them to make anything like say a snowy kandscape with an unchanging temperature in a hot climate.

Even BN1 had an all your base are belong to us reference.

I'm sad that the reality of smart devices is much much shittier than the actuality of them. Then again, given all the malfunctions caused by net terrorists in game, it was more like a warning about how insecure those devices really were without actually intending to be a warning. Too bad we didn't get the net navi part. We got all the shit parts of the BN world without any of the good.

I don't think that really means anything. Anime gets rebroadcast all the time. It could mean a new wave of merch though, which is possible with the new Megaman.EXE nendoroid. I really hope we get more.

Would anybody even settle for a smartphone game? I'm actually thinking that would be pretty fucking cool since they could probably do something cool. And I hate smart phones.