If Joan of Arc was summoned into modern times, would she really rock the Zettai Ryouiki...

If Joan of Arc was summoned into modern times, would she really rock the Zettai Ryouiki? Disappointed we didn't see Gilles in the flashback episode too.

shed be a 10/10

But ever wear thigh highs at all? I thought she was supposed to be divinely pure?

Pure Jeanne is hanging out in another show.

I thought most servants were sort of subconsciously informed about bits of the era they were summoned into, including fashion if they cared for it before. From what I remember, Jannu in real life always had the intention of returning to dressing like a woman of her time should the war have ever ended while she was alive. Showing off your legs in japan is not an impure thing for women in japan. Shoulders are iffy, but this would probably be fine

Joan of Arc was a turbo lesbian. She wouldn't even touch a zettai ryouki with a ten feet pole.

But she's not Japanese and I thought she'd find it extremely abhorrent.

This basically.

From what I heard, she was so 'one of the guys' that she walked around topless, showing off her breasts in front of the soldiers. Said soldiers said her breasts were pretty amazing, but she was so one of the guys, no one really popped a boner at the sight of them.

>zettai ryouki
>fashion
Hahaha good one user. Irl the zettai ryouki is either a garment you wear when you're about to have sex, a mandatory piece of clothing for cosplay, or something unfashionable weebs looking for attention wear.
It is first and foremost a design for 2D characters drawn by men who want their character to be sexy but don't have the first clue about irl fashion. Jeannu wears a zettai ryouki because the guy drawing her wants to fap to her, not because she likes it or because it allows her to walk around unnoticed (it doesn't).

i want to play with JANNU's JANNUs using my dick

>Irl the zettai ryouki is either a garment you wear when you're about to have sex

What fucking sexual predator told you that?

It feels like you are implying she walked around topless openly. She did not, from what I remember, but simply had no qualms about changing in from of her soldiers when she needed to change clothes. But you are right about her soldiers claiming that they never felt any carnal desire from her actions

>Irl the zettai ryouki is either a garment you wear when you're about to have sex, a mandatory piece of clothing for cosplay, or something unfashionable weebs looking for attention wear
Yeah, but I wasn't really claiming this is real life or practical at all, just that it can be seen as fashionable (in 2D) and isn't really blatantly lewd (again, in 2D). As you mentioned, it is somewhat of a staple in 2D, not that it is sensible or acceptable to wear in real life, because I don't truly know and would only be able to guess about the impracticality of it. Also
>3DPD

I see a lot of it irl

Nobody, but I wore thigh highs once and that was the reason. I can't be the only one.

Yurop here I never see any, ever.

I always figured the Grail pumps out relevant knowledge on an Era from Heroes residing in the Throne that are from that Era and sends information as neutral as possible to the recipient Heroes.

But what if the Hero it takes information believes that ZR is the norm for females of the Era, and the Grail doesn't catch that this is a subjective bit of data?

So this is in part EMIYA's fault.

Pure pure paredo

>fashionable in 2D
Eh, I really can't wrap my head around this concept. Sure there are such things in fantasy and the like but I always disliked it when there is a gap between irl fashion and 2D fashion in a story taking place in the current day. Stylization is fine of course but one should at least try to emulate current day clothing.
>isn't really blatantly lewd
I disagree.
> not that it is sensible or acceptable to wear in real life, because I don't truly know and would only be able to guess about the impracticality of it
I could be wrong but I don't think it is a matter of impracticality so much as it a piece of clothing that brings prostitution to mind in western people's subconscious. In my local neighborhood the prostitutes wear thigh high boots and that's how you can tell they're protitutes.

I think Jeanne would know this but still reject it on personal reasons though?

leave, slut

>this pleb ass Jeanne

>history waifu stars in 2 anime this season
Baha Baha Soul Jeanne is best

>Yurop

That's your problem. Go to Japan, see ZR everywhere, from 6 year olds to cakes

What can I expect from Jeanne in F/A? Is Ruler a strong class? And is she even more hyper chivalrous and pious then blue Saber?

I'm sure she'll reject it on the grounds that outfit isn't very practical. Considering her background, jeans and sneakers would fit her more.

Trophy waifu to SI Sieg.

Read the LN

why do you ask me? Fate went to shit after Zero.
every single character from this crap universe is an edgy idiot who lacks logic or a brain. Muh flying people, muh retarded sword fights, muh 10 version of saber, muh 5 version of shirou, muh 50 version of rider.

something has success = let's use the same universe until we run out of idea. Fucking Japan

I know that but last I heard Apocrypha is taking place in Romania. Japanese fashion is irrelevant.

Does it really matter since she can summon her armor instantly?

It's a really good premise that is fundamentally suited to being redone over and over.

You saying you never popped a boner from your bros?

Personal preference. I can't imagine a farmgirl turned military leader wearing ZR over something more practical like jeans.

Why are you asking me that when i was talking about the soldiers under her command?

It's not really about practicality, but wouldn't Joan think showing that much flesh in that exact area?

After she took a shower and washed away that beastly medieval musk.

Gawain is best Saber

What if Lancelot was a Saber?

>something unfashionable
>zettai ryouki
>something unfashionable

shit taste plz leave

That's Jannu's school uniform. She's just wearing the clothing she has available at the time.

>shit taste
Shit taste applies where opinion is concerned. The matter of whether something is fashionable or not is a fact, not an opinion.

Something being considered fashionable or not is the epitome of opinion. Are you retarded, or baiting?

I didn't read the LN so I can't tell if you're joking or telling the truth. Didn't she just get summoned?

Jeanne's summoning was not normal so she ended up in the body of a French schoolgirl. The reason she wasn't summoned normally is revealed later in the show.

No one besides cosplayers actually wear that.

It's not, liking a piece of clothing is a matter of opinion. But golden and silver lamé clothing being trendy this year is fact, just like turning up your collar makes you look like a country bumpkin at best or someone who came straight from the 90s at worst.

Ah, I see. Thank you user.
Well then that makes even less sense. Schoolgirls don't wear uniforms here.

Did someone piss in your cereal?

Artistic license. Seifuku in one form or another is required for JC characters in anime.

If she was summoned she's be disgusted by the modern world and would probably try to gather fanatics for a coup.

I honestly think that depends on whether or not she actually heard the voice of God or just insane. She does not act without permission/guidance from Him.

>If Joan of Arc was summoned into modern times, would she really rock the Zettai Ryouiki?

no she would wage war against godless and heretic French republic to re-establish the long forgotten Catholic Monarchy from the house of Bourbon

Did the french girl happen to look like Jeanne or did she take over the girl's body to look like herself?

Golden and silver lamé clothing being trendy is just the colloquial way of saying that many people in this current time enjoy that style of clothing, and that more people by the day adhere to it or hold it as a standard. But the concept of fashionability itself it highly subjective, and highly susceptible to people's whims as well. Things fall in and out of favor all time; what is trendy one day can be tacky the next. And everyone has their own idea of what constitutes fashionable- what is trending is not necessarily what one person considers fashionable, for instance.

>She was devoted to prayer, and made it the center point of her life. Sometimes, while working in the fields, the sound of church bells would send her to her knees in prayer. Her friends often teased her for her excessive piety
>She went to her death asking for forgiveness for those who were about to execute her, as well as for her own sins. The last words on her lips was "Jesus".
Poor Jannu. She had a hard life.

>what is trending is not necessarily what one person considers fashionable
Nah that's what I'm telling you, that's wrong. If someone in the 2000s thinks golden lamé clothing is unfashionable she's right. If someone in the current day thinks golden lamé clothing is unfashionable they're wrong. It's that simple.
What is fashionable at a current point in time (and in space too, because fashion is also a matter of circumstances, you're not fashionable in japan the same way you're fashionable in france, texas, or kenya) is an objective fact. Sure it's not set in stone because as you said, things fall in and out of favor all the time, but that doesn't make it any less true.

It's fine, she's with her husbando God now.

No, what society thinks is fashionable != what any one individual considers fashionable. Even in a society where for example, gray clothing was the in thing, there are individuals who eschew that in favor of what they personally deem a good look. also fashionable in the mainstream and within subcultures are different- like what is mainstream here vs skaters and gangstas, or like in Japan with their fashion trends and gyaru. Either way, what is considered fashionable is built on the opinions of many people, not on any indivisible law of nature

>The last words on her lips was "Jesus".

She was burned at the stake, I very much doubt that she managed to go out saying that.

I thought the short scene in F/A was extremely well handled though.When she gets tightened in, shit started to feel grim.

>She was burned at the stake, I very much doubt that she managed to go out saying that.
That actually was the case. As the fire was lit she kept shouting his name until she died.

>no, what society thinks is fashionable != what any one individual considers fashionable
What the fuck? That's exactly what I was trying to say in that post, why are you answering like you're disagreeing with me?
>Either way, what is considered fashionable is built on the opinions of many people, not on any indivisible law of nature
There are many people who get to decide what is and what isn't fashionable, you might as well call their word law or gospel. Sure fashions also take off from subcultures and mimetism but the way most fashions take off is
>creator does thing
>rich people/upper crust of society/elite/influential person wear thing
>the people wear the thing
>rich people/upper crust of society/elite/influential persons give up on the thing to distinguish themselves from the pleb and look for new thing they can wear
>repeat
If fashion was as you say it is, Vogue and the Harper's bazaar would have different opinions on everything but the fact is they don't. They're pretty much the same.

Because you missed what I said. "fashionable" is determined both by society and by each individual, and my individual tastes don't have to match society's tastes. If you asked me what is fashionable, my answer will most likely be different than the mainstream.

>There are many people who get to decide what is and what isn't fashionable, you might as well call their word law or gospel.

No, no one really decides what is and isnt fashionable unless it's a whole trend that is wide reaching. Magazines and fashionistas only parrot the popular opinion. After all, they can say something is fashionable but unless they have the power to impose that taste on others, it simply is their empty words against the feelings of the masses. Also, you failed to address subcultures

She has protection from rule 34

If Joan of Arc was summoned into modern times, she'd be almost as ISIS.