The absolute madman

The absolute madman.

>when Haruhi wears the ponytail the next day to school
good shit

It's magical.
Sequel never ever

Boy loves girl. Telling her that, she asks what about her he loves. Unable to find a specific answer, he tells her that he doesn't know. Girl leans in, tells him to find out and kisses him.

Boy wakes up immediately in his bed. Little has changed except that the girl is not on his phone contacts. He goes to school like normal and sees her. Finds out she doesn't recognize him and eventually determines that this is a different universe than the one his girl was in.

Over four episodes, he wins her love back and the same question scenario arises. This time, he's able to tell her a little more about what it is he loves about her. Unsatisfied, the girl says the same thing, kisses him, and it starts over. It won't be endless 8 style where they do the same thing again and again, but this happens once more before the season finale when the time rewind stops.

When exactly in the anime, that Haruhi falls for Kyon? Was it the same in the novels?

It's obviously when he first engages conversation with her in class.

Being God must be great.

This looks familiar. I can't put my finger on it.

Wait what?
The "Have I seen you before?" or when he asks here about her hair?

Season 3/new light novel when?

I really like that doujin

He is infatuated with her immediately. As soon as she introduces herself, he never wavers.

BEST SCENE

*Siiiiip*

FREUD WOULD HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH THIS!

Is "SOS smile" something from the books or just something that user made up?

Freud-sensei!

just_fuck_her_already.txt

I found a girl with long, straight black hair decorated with a flashy hair band adorning her perfectly proportioned face as she stared back at the gawking students with unusually large, black, determined eyes adorned with long, fringed eyelashes, her soft pink lips tightly pursed.
I was dazzled by Haruhi’s snow-white skin. A striking beauty stood before me. – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, chapter one.

The next day, she would walk in with a ponytail, looking flawless from every angle. The way it looks so perfect on her is almost more than I can bear. – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, chapter one. (Not in the anime)

But damn, she was hot… I mean, let’s move on. – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, chapter one.

When I turned around in rage and indignation, I found Haruhi standing and grabbing my collar with—for the first time ever—a smile reminiscent of a blazing sun in an equatorial sky. If you could take the temperature of a smile, hers would have matched the climate in the middle of a rain forest. [...] Haruhi looked at me with her eyes shining as brightly as Alpha Cygni. – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, chapter one.

She said this with a smile like cherry blossoms in full bloom. – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, chapter two.

As I looked at her from the side, I become newly aware of the softness of the curves of her face. – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, chapter seven.

Stuck in a world all alone with a girl I know and I end up kissing her. Freud would have a field day with this. Did I really have a dream that’s such an easy read?
If it had been Asahina, I could have picked at my honest desires within the dream. But it was Haruhi, of all people. What the hell was my subconscious thinking about?
My right hand was covered in sweat and I could still feel a warm sensation on my lips. – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, chapter seven.

i don't remember if they use that term but kyon talks a lot about how her smile is only brightest when she's fucking around with the sos brigade

>falls for worst girl
Some mighty fine shit taste you got Kyon

He describes her special "SOS Brigade smile"

Thanks!

Check 'em.

>Haruhi
>worst
She's the only girl that matters in Kyon's life, to be honest.

Thanks!

That doesn't really excuse how much of an awful bitch Haruhi is towards everyone

Then why does Kyon always say no in the beginning when people asks if he's interested romantically in her? Is he tsundere?

How would you know what being God is like for eternity?

The excuse for that is she literally had no friends until high school, she was essentially ostracized for most of her childhood. It's not wonder she doesn't know how to treat people normally.
She does change though, you'd know that if you paid closer attention to the show, or perhaps even read the novels.

Did it take you this long to realize that? He's a really unreliable narrator and it becomes easy to tell when he's bullshitting in the LN after a while.

So tl;dr in the words of some SJW faggot from tumblr 'Haruhi is good' yeah right somebody is reading into this crappy series a little too much

>Is he tsundere?
Welcome to a decade ago.

>does fun things with her friends
Just the worst.

This anime is the most overrated garbage ever. Even Naruto has more value than this shit

Seriously, even the protagonist's name is Kyon, Kyo is the most pleb shit ever

And to think there is people who got cucked by the endless 8 and still defend this cancer is beyond me

did koizumi deserve to suffer?

Sounds like you need to be more certain about why you love someone user.

Tsudere classically means someone cold or stadoffish who warms over time. And he's obviously not one of the modern crap bipolar kind. He is simply a case of "thou doth protest too much". She is also obnoxious as fuck especially before she calms down a little and her powers become more subtle.

Part of the reason people say Kyon is really god is because Haruhi fulfills he actual wishes. And he almost literally created her to be that way as John Smith. He doesn't believe in Santa or UFOs but wants to. At the least there is a little bit of chicken and the egg syndrome.

Kyon is a textbook unreliable narrator. And what does it ALWAYS mean when someone or can't shut up about how much they don't care about something or aren't interested in a girl?

Why does he drag his ass to the clubroom every day despite being blase about most things and commenting all the time about how tired he is? Plus, he is the only one with no actual reason to be there.

Why? "Do you mean you really don't know?"

FUCK!!! I just cut my hand!

Every time this is reposted I am bothered by the fucking failure of the reply to the liking reading books question. Not everyone is turbo happy to adventure, some just want to spend quiet evenings reading books.

God that description.

That's a little bit naive, senpai.

I just started watching this series, so yeah.

>But damn, she was hot… I mean, let’s move on.

Somebody edit that picture with the sentence "I love Emilia".

She believes in the importance of study and reading. If you just want to sit and read, maybe you should at least try to have some friends and swim in the pool for a while before you go under the umbrella to read. Or read on water skiis. If you can't read while skiing that's your own damn fault. Or I guess you can find a second folding chair.

No, kill yourself.

I liked Haruhi but I will agree with you about Endless Eight. It would have been okay for 2 or 3 episodes, but it went on for 8 EPISODES. I don't know how I sat through it.

Somebody should have been publicly horsewhipped for releasing that pretentious bullshit.

I wish there were more girls like her. I'd like to get at least tenth of her enthusiasm

I just snipped a few tidbits from a huge file. There are dozens of instances of this somebody cataloged.

>importance of study
See, you still don't understand it. The reading? It's not to get good grades. It's not because you need to. It's because you WANT to.

There are people out there whose happiness is spending a quiet evening with the only sounds being rain droplets hitting the window, and quiet rustling of turning pages. There is literally nothing wrong with that.

I wonder was Yuki's character inspired by Rei Ayanami? The similar mannerisms, emotionless facial expressions, monotone voice and does nothing but read books all day.

he didn't deserve it! ;_;

Has Sup Forums truly forgotten "Rei clones"?

>I wonder was Yuki's character inspired by Rei Ayanami?
>inspired

She's basically a carbon copy. It's amazing how many shows have characters who are just Rei/Asuka/Shinji ripoffs.

The best Rei expy out there. Personally I'm just upset at her being robbed of her happiness. Of her being robbed of her dream by the one person she trusted enough to show it to.

Nagato just wanted to be a normal girl. A quiet bookworm. And Kyon didn't let her, instead forcing bullshit ideals on her.

You're literally describing an episode of the show.

The best piece of evidence for Kyon being god is that the entire club wants to bang him.

There's a bunch of Misato clones, too. Eva's character types have been copied over and over. I know Eva didn't invent them, but it certainly popularized them.

You could have Sento from Amagi Brilliant Park in there too.

I know Mirai Nikki had a bunch of forced Eva clones in them, Kaworu, Shinji and Kaji. Yuki fits well and its less obvious than some others.

The show dictates that Haruhi will burst in and destroy the peace and quiet. My belief is that this peace and quiet does not deserve to be destroyed.

Surface layer: Itsuki wants to bang Kyon

Actual truth: he resents Kyon deeply

Kyon isn't go you retard. The novels imply that he controls who gets the godly powers though.

Isn't Sento more tsundere though? She drops the reserved and emotionless kuudere act very quickly when Seiya becomes manager.

>Kyon isn't god
blasphemy

Deepest truth: He resents Kyon because Kyon won't bang him

Yet Yuki just wants to read and that's what she does. Haruhi pushes her a little bit out of her shell but most of the time, she is happy having Yuki be happy reading.

>huurrr durrr tis girl is god, and here is your rei copy alien girl.

Haruhi fucking sucks

No

Yuki also did not want to be an emotionally damaged errand girl for a magic space cloud.

This shit still blows me out to this day. Damn I enjoyed it so much when it first happened.

kyon, denwa

>tfw no Haruhi date

What you say may be true but not mutually exclusive.

I'm just joking of course! What am I saying. See you at school.

She likes video games too though.

She's a bit because kyon is actually the god and he's a sub so he made her a bitch

>tfw yare yare but you still love her

Should I watch Haruhi in the normal order or in the autism order?

Finds a way...?

Just watch it in the normal order but skip every endless 8 episode. It doesn't even have a fucking plot and only exists to make autists mad.

Is anyone who wasn't part of the anime craze back in 06-09 ever going bother with Haruhi?

>plotfags

>Is anyone who wasn't part of the anime craze back in 96-99 ever going bother with Eva?

Nigga did we watch the same movie?

Haruhi isn't exactly a slice of life show in the first place

Any pastebin where I can get these? That or I could do my best and highlight them all after reading.

Well you can't really pin that on Haruhi,she never wished for that and according to Yuki, didn't cause it. She just wanted some kind of alien.

Also it's not necessarily obvious but Yuki is not a tool or a patsy. She is a primary actor in her "race" as it were and her presence is partially if not entirely her idea. They are sort of a hivemind but she is super powerful in her faction and maybe even its leader or originator.

Her whole problem is because Haruhi sucks her into SOS madness and causes her to have "errors". It's literally the argument about whether creating sentient life that can feel is a good or evil thing to do.

At any rate nothing bad that happens to Yuki is Haruhi's fault as a person. They make chocolate, go swimming, and hang out together and that's fun and the beginning and end of it as far as Haruhi knows.

Don't forget either that the rest of the Entity cannot try to punish Yuki for Disappearance because *Haruhi would melt down the goddamn universe* if something happened to her friend.

>when Kyon bursts into the clubroom to find Haruhi considering putting her hair up because he's angry at her

*melt*

it's definitely not the same, up until a few years ago it was pretty hard not to come across Eva threads while browsing Sup Forums and it's only recently started to die down a little, and Eva is 10 years younger than Haruhi, steam for the series started loosing traction pretty quickly after the movie, I see these threads and can only see the same people making them, new people get into Eva all the time but I don't see the same happening to Haruhi, it's a show that will mostly only ever belong to the people who were part of the craze back then and new comers will be mostly left not getting it I feel.

This is what awakened me to the glory of Ponytails.

I blame Kyon, to be honest. He fucked up by picking fun.

Now in webm form!

That's where I got it, but I am not Data Integration Sentient Entity enough to find it again :/

Everyone involved in that event deserved to suffer. Kyon should have punched her like he wanted. Fucking cowards.

broadcast order is normal order