Starman approaches Earth’s moon

Star is a day away from using a gravity slingshot from the Moon, will he reach Mars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_KXgFpguE0
youtube.com/watch?v=b8l121LGlWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought they missed?

Who would win in a fight?

An elaborate and shabby lie to make people think a car is in space to keep the globe earth theory alive

or

An IQ of 90+

they did, he's going to the asteroid belt now

So tired of the flat Earth meme.

Then I guess he will not into Mars. Or am I missing something? If we don't get video of Starman plowing into an asteroid or two I will be very disappoint.

>dummy called "star"
>in space
>no stars
>sent by scientists
>scientists tell us there are trillions of stars
don't worry, goyim, it's just the camera isnt modern enough to filter out starlight which blinds it
same thing happened in the moon landings 60 years ago

I’ll take “What is photography” for $500

apparently they oveshot Mars' orbit and now the car is headed to the asteroid belt.

yeah photography is real complicated.

light sources that are bright enough to be seen over supposedly billions of light years are too bright to pick up on camera, that's why all space photos just look like computer generated marbles against black canvas

hey dont patronize me i'm smart ok

Poor Stig.

Stig and top gear died the moment the trio got canned.

here goyim, look at this picture taken from the space telescope, it shows trillions of bright dots that are so far away you can't imagine it which means there's no such thing as God ok

no we can't take a picture of the moon landing site using a telescope camera, thats not how photography works ok and you are too dumb to understand why there are no stars in any official NASA pictures its because they are too bright for the camera to take pictures of

let us know when it reaches (((the sun))).

He already has

Even fucking Russians in 1960s could properly shoot probes to the right places.

SpaceX fail.. this part of the journey is like the most important one - to deliver cargo to its proper place in the star system.

Dont ever make a webm again

youtube.com/watch?v=t_KXgFpguE0

Wonder where they got that idea from?

>Top Gear was so enjoyable on so many levels.

i hope moon nazis shoot it down

Going to mars was never the plan. If they were trying this they would have waited for a better transfer window. The goal was to demonstrate enough delta-v for an earth-mars hohmann transfer, the payload will end up in a heliocentric orbit. Ignore Musk's twitter. His sales speak is confusing the issue.

There would be no imagery from Mars in any case because there is no power source onboard to enable that. Batteries are already dead, last images have been captured.

People who criticize SpaceX for not sending a fully baked interplanetary space mission on their propulsion system demo are probably not stupid, they just don't create things and assume technology "just happens"

>See shiny dots on sky
>Take out camera to take picture od it
>See only blackness
>Hurr durr stars don't exists

if you think that's the sun, then you're a fucking retard, user. just think about it. if that's the sun, just imagine how big the moon would be in that video. let's not forget that video was taken when elon cuck's (((spaceman))) was in earth's lower orbit.

Thry dont show the stars because they are impossible to fake. An astronomer could prove its a fraud.

i will make another one, mate. in that one you'll also see (((the sun))), but as it passes it will become tiny, and then huge again.

Literally go out during the night and try to snap a pick of starts in the sky. And then hang yourself while looking at the photograph.

Every flat earther has a camera with perfect lenses and infinite dynamic range.

You kind isn't welcome here, and never will be. GO BACK TO

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

how the hell could they overshoot, unless they couldn't shutdown their rocket (which is a massive problem btw), if I can eyeball that shit in KSP, I'm sure space x would have system to time and then cut off their burn.

They didn't land the center either, so far this launch has had mixed results. Starman will probably be shreded by meteorites. Can't wait for the feelsguy overlay.

Proof of concept mission met , ability to reach Mars orbit ' path ' was shown , never was intended to orbit or land on Mars, they had extra fuel so did a longer burn , because why the fuck not ?

why the fuck not, because with extra fuel you can make course corrections. you can increase or decrease the intercept or even crash the fucker into mars if you wanted to.

Will we get a video feed once he'll get there or is that just impossible? I heard it's 20 minutes delay...

This. Elon Cucksk is a con man, a phony, a fraud.

If the goal of the mission is to characterize the performance of the propulsion system, you'd be stupid not to burn to completion. Otherwise you're left with fuel in the tanks but nobody knows how much.

Only non-whites disliked the patrician taste of top gear.

White males with competitive egos attempting to maneuver a futuristic machine consisting of billions of moving mechanical parts.

>tastful english humor
>bantz between german/italian/american engineering
>lefties got so btfo by their non conformist smugness that they shut it down

>americans finally build rocket
>fire it in the wrong direction

lmao

> they just don't create things and assume technology "just happens"

Think it was purely a demo then? or something else?

>course corrections
>with a battery life of 12 hours

Are you asking whether I think the Falcon Heavy Demonstration Mission was purely a demo?

Fuck off you cynical cunt.

>he didn't get the space odyssey reference

12 hours out in space is a long burn.

>1960: Soviet peasants managed to launch all their stuff right on course using paper, pencils, analog tools and less than the computing power of a calculator
>2017: Rich faggot never once manages to launch his stuff on course despite having the best computing power, digital tools and simulations than any other time in human history

This kingly Brit is unleashing some sick burns on the starry eyed soy sheeple.

>Yes, yeess, my petite goyim!
>Fund my observatory
>Buy my brothers telescopes
>Heya, Chaim, well tell the idiot gentile cattle that this's ones called "the big dippuh!'

Space niggers are going to steal the wheels.
Screencap this.

I thought the goal was to launch the fucking tesla into a Mars orbit to stroke Elon Musk epeen for the next million years.

It's going to head to the Asteroid belt in millons of miles then it's will orbit

AYY

Comparing the world power no. 2 of the 60ies to a non state actor. Is kinda far fetched.
It is more so amazing that he manages to launch a successful mission before other states with space programs did.

the second stage only has a few (i think 3-4) relights available to it and a deep throttle capability of something like 40%. the roadster is incapable of entering martian orbit.

launching shit just to unintentially orbit the sun (passing by earth and mars sometimes) is fucking reckless, the shit is just space junk. My only hope is the metorites pulverize it into dust.

so damn stupid, that car is on a sound stage with a bright light rotating around it FAKE

They said yesterday on FOX35 here in Orlando it was going to hit the asteroid belt.

there you go, mate!

I'm not expecting it to enter orbit and I don't mind Tesla testing their engine on max settings, but it hitting an asteroid belt is purely coincidental because they had no control or plan. That's some reckless shit.

shopped
heres the original

nice !

>nu-pepe on the dash

You are unleashing unphantomable forces from the void, prepare to face your doing.

>Photographing stars is impossible

Nigga just point your cellphone at them. They show up.

It's just going to get pelted with rocks for a hundred years and disintegrate. But whatevs.

Musk has got some seriously high IQ bros in his flight engineering department. Think ex-Lockheed skunkworks, Boston dynamics etc. tier. Doesn't surprise me that they get shit done.

Space is big. You can be in the middle of the asteroid belt and probably not have an asteroid within a million miles of you.

This shit is so fucking fake. You guys are idiots.

you don't "hit" the asteroid belt, you pass through it

Man, that's like the windshield had an effect on the light here... really activate my almonds

it managed to go thru those 13.000 satellites orbiting the earth without not only hitting one of them, but failing to display a single one during the stream. it will be fine, user. i-it's (((science))).

Are boomers really this stupid?

Come on man, everyone knows Adobe invented lens flare in 1998. This just proves it's a photoshop.

>What is exposure and lightsources outside of sun

Wrong. Pol is a flat-earth board.

They are abysmal. This what happens when you literally didn't need even high school to get a good job.

Since when?

I apologize, there was no way we could ever have competed with the bulgarian space program

for someone to be so enviromentally aware he ironically littered space junk into our solar system. Although you could argue that most shit flying out their could be labeled space junk.

*there

I fucking hate boomers so goddam much.

They push shit-tier conspiracies like chemtrails that implicate entire industries. They actively try to dismantle the achievements of white civilization.

We just finished destroying the FEarth / Anti Nasa retards in this thread and some are back here ?

yeah, can you imagine? the windshield just happend to block the sun. it was big, then it turned small. as if the windscreen was made out of the same material as those glasses you use too watch the eclipse!

you are a fake nigger fuck off and die in a fire

come on man. there are 300+ millions americans on earth, of course earth became flat over time

>it managed to go thru those 13.000 satellites orbiting the earth without not only hitting one of them, but failing to display a single one during the stream

>mfw there's an Elon Musk murder victim in the suit
>shooting into the sun was the easiest way to get rid of the evidence
>miss the sun

>push conspiracies

says a fucking tard claiming the joos control everything.

Try to imagine your parent at sixteen user. Now, do you understand? That's right, they're overgrown teenagers.

so tired of this global earth meme

they weren't trying to enter mars orbit, they intended to do a heliocentric orbit, which I think they did, it doesn't really matter either way. the point of the second second stage burn was to prove that the rocket could function after time in space. it overshot because it had more propellant that anticipated, which is a good thing since it ran more efficiently than planned, but they had to do a complete burn to determine that

This right here. I am old enough to remember the moon landing, what a bunch if crock that facáde was.

> "But the space race was real!"

No it wasn't, sheep. Go worship Elon Musk and Jordan Peterstein more, children.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... hol up... so you saying... thoses glasses... hol up... glass... they are made of glass ?

The troll reveals himself. They are desperate to discredit this board and pushing dumb space conspiracies is one of the best ways to do it.

It is a fake feed!!! Why would they load the car, cameras and green screen and have it in the capsule and streaming footage from outside???
>the car is in Los Angeles studio

You all are retarded !!!

look closely, jacques. look how small the light becomes as soon as it hits the windshield. especially on the upper side.

As a middle aged man who saw the first Shuttle launch and have remained clueless about SpaceX until about 15 minutes ago, I assumed we were going to stay mired in inaction towards space flight for years given the end of the dubious shuttle program and the general malaise of the US for the last decade.

I am also old enough to count the animated movie 'Heavy Metal' as a childhood culture touchstone, the opening of which shows a convertible being dropped into orbit by the Shuttle and piloted back to Earth by a man in a space suit.

So imagine waking up and getting a video link of a a huge rocket taking off, dropping a convertible into space and then landing again in less than 10 minutes.

>mfw

A modernized sexed up version of the movies's opening, parodied on South Park's episode "Major Boobage" (the movie featured gratuitous naked women throughout its sci-fi story)

youtube.com/watch?v=b8l121LGlWU

>the joos control everything
>space conspiracies are fake

which one is it, user?

It is weird, but what really boggles my doggles; the doors to space just blow open. That would cause an explosive decompression. So space x cant land a rocket without blowing up, nut can just blow the cargo bay doors open in a split second and not be ripped to shreds due to the fast exposure to vacuum. Also the tires did not swell and explode. Even minimal air in the tires would cause that.

>don't make a webm of me or my sun ever again

The guy you replied to said absolutely nothing about the Jews. You only bring it up because their influence in media and politics is a common topic of discussion on this board. And that makes you really, really mad.

chuckled a bit.

kek