When They Cry 3 is only a month away. Are you ready to get back on the ride?

When They Cry 3 is only a month away. Are you ready to get back on the ride?

Other urls found in this thread:

rokkenjima.org/when-they-cry-5-teaser-page-published/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And translation when?

Wait what. Wasnt it already out for like ages

You confuse the new WTC with Iwaihime or Trianthology.

What's the new WTC even about, I've been living under a rock

rokkenjima.org/when-they-cry-5-teaser-page-published/
>WTC GOES OPEN WORLD

>The setting is not a closed circle but an open world
That's disappointing. As shitty as the solution to Umineko was it was still fun to argue about it and Higurashi. It not being a proper mystery anymore is kinda sad when that was really all R07 had going for him

>Are you ready to get back on the ride?
Not really, but I will be ready to get on ride in like 15 years when it is finished and translated.
Probably more since witch hunt seems to be dead

Just because it isn't closed circle doesn't mean it's not a mystery.
Higurashi wasn't closed circle either.
And even without mystery, Higanbana and RGD were great so I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Higurashi was "closed circle". You had a set cast and a set location. As far as mysteries are concerned that's a prerequisite since otherwise you have no real way of solving it yourself.
The couple episodes of Higanbana I read and Ryukishi's route in Rewrite were incredibly mediocre. Honestly the only thing his writing ever had going for him from my point of view were the enticing mysteries and trying to come to a conclusion yourself.

By the way, Higanbana is probably the best 07th expansion work. It's short and less confusing that the WTC series.

I hear what you're saying. You want to be able to solve it yourself, I agree that's what probably everyone wants out of WTC.
The thing about closed circle, the way I see it Higurashi kept introducing new characters to the plot, and hiding one important one, it fails the character prerequisite. And Hinamizawa itself is a circle that isn't "closed". The circle is broken when any number of people can enter and leave at any time. When reading Higurashi you don't know for sure whether the suspect is anyone introduced, or a yet unknown threat, possibly even something like a demon (mystical means were constantly eluded to as a real possibility). Yet you can still piece something together using hints, even if you don't know for sure who are the "only suspects".
That's all just semantics, I don't care to argue about it really.

Lucia's route was shit I agree with that.
However Higanbana was full of great dark humor, memorable characters and great twists. Shit taste on that one. If you're saying you only like the mystery, and you don't like the humor and the charm of the characters and their struggles I don't know what to say. Umineko is great not just as a mystery but as a tragedy.

Probably 2035.

Only if the music is as good as in Umineko.

But what animal will cry next?

>When They Cry 3
It's 5. WTC 3 is seacats

>3
You mean 5.

When They Cry 3 came out in 2007.

>mfw played Umineko first
>Haven't even played Higurashi
Should I be ashamed?

A bit, but after the rollecoaster that is Umineko it's understandable that you don't feel like reading the less enjoyable Higurashi.

I don't want to play it because of the UGUU sprites and I don't think watching the anime will be better because it'll probably cut out some stuff.

There is like 10 options for sprites in Higurashi.

Is there a chance that the OST will be made by the same guys who made the Umineko soundtrack?

Well shit thanks. I'll give it a try one of these days.

I don't think so.

Nope, I hated Umineko and Higurashi got boring fast, too

Dai did all of the others, why not this one?

The anime is just gore fanservice entry level for underaged, it takes all the mystery away.

The VN has way too long slice of life boring parts but the rest is very umineko-like in that it's a nice mystery with really creepy parts.

Within 5-6 years machine translations will probably be advanced enough to translate Japanese VNs automatically. No 15 year delay here

And I don't think Ryukishi ever said that the VNs would begin being released in 2017, just that they would begin production

>unpopular bait opinion
Ad hominem response.

The anime is good enough if you don't feel like reading the quite long VN.

The fuck are you talking about? There's been no confirmed release date at all.

Posting best Seacat.

what the fuck

a remake?

learn to read

I thought ep 3 was already translated

He means the third series, after Higurashi and Umineko

I want to deito Lucifer.

Does anyone even want to go back after how Umineko ended?

HERE WE GO

Though its going to be fucking ages until its translated

Wasn't there also one with werewolves?

I don't think so. Higanbana has a lot of Halloween and horror story creatures, but no werewolves.

>He’s wondering how abstract to make it and whether to lean towards entertainment or something difficult to understand that will have people arguing on message boards.
He sure knows his audience.

Erika is a miracle