$60k annual income - is it considered good or bad in the US?

$60k annual income - is it considered good or bad in the US?
pic unrelated

Its considered decent

You can live a very comfortable life on 60k outside of Jew York and Commiefornia

t. Lived in NYC for 3 years

Cost of living is different depending on where you live eurofag

Are you single? That's decent for an entry-level job.

comfy income for single guy.

depends on where you live

It depends if you’re an entitled douchebag or not.

14k here and you guys calling that decent

>When Chang runs out of dogs but there is a pet shop down the road.

the job is in minnesota

60k is fine here. Is that dog ok?

Unless you're trying to live in Minneapolis city center or have outrageous debts then you'll be able to live a good life. That's more than enough to buy a house, car and put away money for retirement.

he's a good boy.

No amount of money in the world will prevent those people from being assholes behind your back

60k in san fag cisco is not good
60k in jewyork is not good
60k in the mid-west is ok

For a liberal no.

@5$ per slice of avocado toast
@8$ per soy chia mochalatte

he will starve to death or have to resort to blowing refugees at 1$ a pop.

ha sausage dog

I took a 52k job in Northern Colorado, between Loveland and Greeley. Am I fucked? I know it's not a lot of money, but the job seemed too interesting to pass up an opportunity.

Have I dun goofed?

Upper middle class. 60-80k for a single guy that's allot of freedom. 30k is comfy for a single man.

I live in NYC. Literally tipped my waiter 60k. Money means nothing in NYC

Is ur a poo-in-the-loo or other flavor shitskin, stay right the fuck where you are.

Eh just live outside the cities and get into demo derby culture. It's pretty fun desu

It’s above the national median income. Assuming you can settle someplace small (I.e. population

that sounds pretty good, that's all I need.
I'm a programmer of heavy industrial machines, I'd rarely need to consult with people.

Single?

Nah it's enough to live on but you'll want to seek raises and switch jobs for them if needed.

Im living comfortably near Loveland above 100k. Started around 50k 5 years ago

100k is upper middle class. 60k is just middle class. 30k is lower middle class.

now thats what i call a chinese hotdog

leol

I'm white eastern yuropoor with decent educations and a wife already so I don't think I'd be a threat
is the county mainly white?

nope, wife is kindergarten teacher dunno how easily she could find a job with that there

Well, it's only for 3 years and I doubt I will carry on, or have the legal permit to stay longer anyway.

I just want a comfy little apartment and be able to enjoy some hiking and nature on the weekends.

I make half of that before taxes working at walmart.

Norwegian white and hispanic but it's deeply redneck
There's too much shit to do in the cities so every lib lives there

Tell her to check out substitute teaching while she looks for a job. You can probably make 80 to 100 bucks filling in for a teacher who is sick or on maternity leave or vacation.

You'll get that my friend. Stay away from i70 on the weekends though.
Being near Loveland you'll have poudre canyon, Estes valley, Carter lake and horsetooth for easy access
Also, pic related

It's double the average salary. Probably takes 100k nowadays in non big cities to be solidly middle class with a family.

if you like nature and hiking why do you leave austria in the first place? I've been there several times, it's pretty beautiful and salaries are high too
going to look into it, thanks familia
oh shit

Its firmly in the middle of middle class.

If you speak a more obscure Euro language even look into teaching college.

in america in aus it is peanuts

Before tax - not good
After tax - good

This also depends on which state & city you're in.

Interesting job offer, those things don't come around often.

Yeah, sorry for filling up Colorado, I'll do my best not to interact with anyone while I'm over there. Been to Estes Park a few years ago for some lightweight hiking, was pretty nice!

My wife brings in around 60k a year. It is not enough.

>Interesting job offer
can you elaborate? I'm genuinly curious

lol your wife works?

What a fucking career cuck.
Do you stay at home and clean too you fucking pansy?

Well, what can I say - a former customer of my current company rang me, asked if I wanted to come over for a short gig as they've acquired a project in an area where I have quite some expertise in. They know me well from the usual conferences, and I know most of them, so I thought, why the fuck not?

Kindergarten teacher is a perfectly acceptable job for a woman

middle class closer to lower-middle but not quite lower-middle

no scientific or economic study, this is just the "feeling" i would give as an american adult

cost of living is a bitch

I live in the rural south easily on $10K a year. I pay no income taxes. Niggers and Cunts don't get a dime of welfare money from me.

Feels good man.

I guess there's something about the Amish lifestyle that is inherently intriguing.

Not bad for early 20s.
You could make more being in construction laborer trades, and should be making 100k with benefits within 5 years.
Try harder.

Once you stop chasing pussy, you can easily cut your income needs by 70%.

Core happiness for a man doesn't cost jack shit. What do you need really?

>Warm comfy bed
>Nice computer set up
>Couple of fund vidya games each season
>2-3 hundred in clothes
>Well running car
>Grilled cheese sandwiches once in a while
>Case of beer each week

It's "pussy" that is the major expense. It's more expensive than heroin.

ITT: poor people

Swap grilled cheese sandwiches for some real food and that's basically what I want the next few years of my life to be. I'm done doing 70 hour weeks.

>70 hours a week - 52k earning

F

Nah, the 52k is for the next job. I've done 70hours for literally no pay during my PhD.

Fuck that shit. Time to reap.

Jesus fuck, if I worked 70 hr weeks I'd be making almost 300k a year. I do about half that

I'm glad I started my own business after I graduated from university.

Neat, you'll be in my neck of the woods. Greeley here. As far as the money, it's definitely doable out here, especially if you live in Greeley. Cheapest housing in the area. What job did you take?

Doesn't quite scale with time over here. But meh, was nice to see how far I could push myself. What are we here for if we can't test our limits, eh?

Yeah, should have done that in hindsight. But most business ideas I had floating around were, despite being somewhat safe and lucrative, boring as fuck, so I took the other route.

>Let's have a thread where NEETs can LARP as high-earning, productive members of society

Reminds me of working in the oilfield. 70 hour weeks were baby weeks. I was averaging 90 to 100. That shit got old, money was good though.

It's with a small-ish company working on geospatial data analytics and commercial exploitation of open satellite data.

Nice. I mean, I'm sure anything else you could add would be like a foreign language to me. I've been a retail loser most of my working life and then spent a brief stint in the oil field. Not the hard work though, water transfer for fracking. Still, even retail can get you buy. As a night stocker at a grocery store I was making $19 an hour. Nothing to write home about, but pretty comfy for a single guy who knows how to live in his means. Well, who knows, when you come out, I'll buy ya a beer. We have some fantastic breweries out here.

>Reminds me of working in the oilfield
Funny that's what I do, but I'm a equipment design engineer, and there is really not a lot to do right now. Until oil hits 80$/per barrel again we are on pause. Luckily I still have a job

I did hear about Colorado being the ground zero of a new wave of microbreweries.

Kinda nice to hear that a retail job can still get you by. All we hear from the US is essentially that if you have even a minor medical problem like the flu, you might end up being bankrupt. Also everyone and everything trying to fuck you over at every given chance. So while I'm somewhat stoked about this, there's definitely some nightmare material there.

>tfw 57k in an expensive city

I mostly ran pumps, but after I got promote to a lead position I spent a lot more time on the frac pad running water. I left for a variety for reasons, mostly because it was just an unhealthy lifestyle. I was barely sleeping, eating shitty gas station food and just not being active in general. I left on good terms and the supervisors at the company I worked for love me, and when I put in my notice, they told me if you ever want to come back the job is there for me. Obviously that contingent on there still being work, but there's plenty more holes to frack. So at least I have that to fall back on if need be.
I wouldn't say everyone and everything trying to fuck you over. It's really not that bad. As far as medical, I don't really worry about it too much. Most employer have healthcare plans. But if we're being honest, I haven't seen a doctor for the better part of a decade because I haven't need to. Retail can get you buy, just depends on the company and how long you stick with it.Wal Mart is obviously dead end, but some places will take care of you.

Fuck off we're full

Bretty good. Depends on how much of a materialism whore you are, though.

Median household income is about 50k in the US so 60k by one person is very good. But like others have said, depends on where you live.

Can you show me your 12 inch dick too?