Kaiji thread

How fucked is Kazuya's brain after losing this hand? Is this the beginning of the landslide that he can no longer trust his judgement? Is this the hand that starts the landslide for Kaiji to grasp momentum and win the gamble?

Probably.
God dammit, whenever Kaiji tells Kazuya off it is so satisfying

ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA

I can't help but to feel that Kaiji's words right there will prompt Kazuya to bet his red life because he is obsessed with understanding human nature and he needs to know what it's like.

It's very clear this gamble is going to end with Kazuya gambling his red life. Also I'm pretty sure the raws have confirmed he did.

I'm almost done with S2, but it's so good I'll definitely need to read the manga afterwards. At what arc/chapter does the anime end?

The manga is split up the same way the anime is
Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji chapter 1 starts off right after where the 2nd season ends.

Great, thanks user.

Isn't there a single mahjong gamble from the start two arcs that isn't in the anime? I am up to date on the manga and but wanna be certain I'm not missing anything since I just picked up where the anime left off.

Who is your favorite antagonist guys?

If you are referring to 17 steps, that's in part 3.

>Who is your favorite antagonist guys?
Tonegawa, hands down

>If you are referring to 17 steps, that's in part 3.
No I read 17 steps and adored it, it's probably my second or third favorite gamble. I just could have swore I remember hearing about another mahjong gamble that wasn't adapted but maybe that was in Akagi.

>maybe that was Akagi
Yeap probably. The anime skips volume 6 chapter 51 to volume 7 chapter 56, so that might be it.

Just be prepared: Part 3 and 4 are quite different from what you've seen so far.

Part 3 is very slow-burn and restrained compared to The Bog. Part 4 is not at all about gambling so much as it's about Kaiji's worldview being challenged.

Mario and Chang actually seem to be good additions to Kaiji. Mario seems to be the guy with the strongest moral fiber and least greed, but is probably the least fit for gambles due to how easily he gets rattled. Chang seems to have the brains, calm and rationality, but he's probably more easily persuaded by greed and might just be too rational. They really do balance out Kaiji.

I agree.They have already proven themselves and they seem like geniunaly nice people, so I really hope they don't somehow betray him.;_;

Kazuya.

They already gave their lives to Kaiji, if anything he's the one one who might betray them

I think it's one of the biggest contrast to all the other comrades that Kaiji had.

1. His comrades on the boat were the least trustworthy pieces of shit, one of them being the major reasons why he was on that boat in the first place.
2. The 49ers. Pretty much just blind trust in Kaiji. Believed in him because he was the smartest of the bunch. But this blind trust was weak and subverted by their own greed.
3. The Bog guys. Pretty much only there for the moment. All allied due to desperation. After actually succeeding, they pretty much turned on each other.
4. The Asian Duo. He threw his money for them. They gave their life to him despite his card being a two. Although they haven't actually been with Kaiji for that long, they gave up the most to help Kaiji.

But Kaiji wouldn't do that. R-right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

>tfw the website that posted raws got taken down

Oh come on. He may be human trash but he is the nicest. He's there helping pieces of shit like Kazuya or complete strangers, he wouldn't betray his friends.

is nobody going to comment on the fact that Kaiji was winning with the 2 against the ace before the "helping friends" changed kaijis mind to change it to king.

?

Kazuma wins that with a 6, right?

He folded since he decided to go with the rational decision.

Nah, Kaiji raised the stakes and Kazuya folded since he thought there was no way Chang and Mario would let Kaiji risk their lives on an insane gamble like that.