OK so now that this is happening and the GiTS movie having sucked lets play a game Sup Forums

OK so now that this is happening and the GiTS movie having sucked lets play a game Sup Forums.

We post a series that we think could do WELL being adapted by a Western company.

Normal mode: Why you think it would do well
Hard mode: who would be cast for which role
Dante must Die mode: How would it get fucked up completely

I'll start. Gunsmith Cats.

Already has what appeals to a western audience; guns, cars and babes. Set in America, easy premise to write original episodes for. Large list of villains and arcs to pick from which could have entire seasons dedicated to them. Enjoyable and likeable characters. Possibility for some cheese and references due to it's buddy cop nature.

How they would fuck it up? No Goldie or they tone down her nature.
No Bean/Bean is altered way to much.
Minnie May's relationship with Ken altered due to age issues or romance completely absent from the plot.
Rally isn't portrayed as an utter gun nut

how about you fuck off

Monster is in production hell or has been axed. FMA could work. The Japanese movie promotions include Arakawa drawing a special chapter.

Great thread

I honestly don't get how this isn't being made yet. It has everything modern Hollywood wants out of a standard blockbuster. You have a competent hero that still likes to be a goof and seem incompetent. You got a heist movie set-up. And the show has it's own sense of style that easily sets it apart. It could be like Hudson Hawk, but genuinely good!

Realistic setting
Androgynous man or woman, young asian dude
I don't know how they could fuck it up

Just stop shilling them, this is not Sup Forums.

I know how they could have not fucked death note up. If they are going to set it in America, just invent new characters for the setting. Don't pretend like this dudebro is Light and the nigger is L. It's going to be dragonball evolution all over again.

Black lagoon just remove the demon loli and her twin brother.
also remove some assassins just leave the more realistic

Deathnote could have easily been adapted to an American setting. They could have written a story that plays out along similar lines.

Yet they chose to rehash it.

Black Lagoon could take place almost anywhere removed from First-World Law and Order.

At least it looks like Misa isn't going to be useless at least.

Cowboy Bebop. But only if Spike is black and Jet is white.

Psycho Pass. Just remove the episodic spooky boogy stuff, trim the fat and you've got a scifi thriller movie that the normalfags will both eat up and actually learn from, since it's a good commentary on today's issues. It should also have some handsome white actors for Kougami and Makishima.

Turn it into a scifi detective horror if it's a series.

>At least
>at least
I should sleep.

I'm kind of sad they axed Bebop with Keanu Reeves.

I feel like a Western live-action adaptation of Berserk could be genuinely good.
>who would be cast
I'd go with relative unknowns, especially for Guts and Griffith
>how would they fuck it up
They'd tone down the eclipse and take out 90% of the rape and nudity. They'd also butcher Casca's character by making her more feminist-friendly.

WE

From how she was introduced already assumed she was "feminist-friendly" and not just there for fan service. Then again I never got that far into the series due to its length.

I think Read or Die could have a very effective Hollywood adaptation. It's basically a spy film with super powers, and it's a multi-national story already.

She struggles a lot with her femininity as the Golden Age arc progresses. There are times where enemy men verbally rip her apart for being a woman and try to rape her, and the male characters rescue her from them. Trust me, I've seen feminists on tumblr and reddit talking mad shit about her character.

Also she gets raped into retardation so there's that.

DARKER THAN BLACK
just make Heavens gate in Amerika and the contractors are from random Countries

Macross if they come up with original songs.

Make a 0079 Gundam trilogy.
With a huge budget, some big name dude producing and Neill Blomkamp directing and Me as the the writer and screenwriter.

Split in three, first one if from Side 7 to the arrivel on Earth and Char killing Garma
Second from Ramba Ral to the meeting with Matilda
From Lalah to Final shooting
Amuro is played by a white guy, so is Char, obviously, Mirai and Hayato will be asians so the people won't complain, Ryu will be a BR.

Part of Origin will be included and Newtype hacks will be limited and focused mostly on the second and third movie, trying to have a scientific approach to it.

Zeon will be depicted with a sympathetic light, with only Gihren being shown as truly evil and mad with power.

>struggles a lot with her femininity as the Golden Age arc progresses.
Interesting. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be more feminine. Also nothing wrong with being more masculine as a woman then trying to be more feminine.

To be fair even Guts gets raped. Rape is a reality of both soldiers male or female especially during wars. Also being rescued during a rape by a guy doesn't make her weak.

>Also she gets raped into retardation so there's that.
Since so many Beserk memes are posted on Sup Forums I thought I would know something like this. She suffered a lot. Thanks, user.

>Ro-Kyu-Bu
Just make it a standard disney sports movie but with girls instead of boys. Keep some of the fanservice as a form to reinforce the femininity of the cast. After all, they are little girls, not girls pretending to be boys. There is no reason to shy away from feminine clothes and topics like panties and stuff

>Why you think it would do well
The formula works and I am sure a lot of parents would love taking their daughters to a movie full of girl power done right.

>who would be cast for which role
I don't think there are child actors important enough that their names would elevate the movie so they could cast anyone as long as they look cute playing basketball.

>How would it get fucked up completely
They may fuck up the marketing trying to push the all girls sport team.
They may fuck up the characterization either making them all dumb disney girls or making them all tomboys or something stupid like that.
They may fuck up the script trying to make a "serious" movie instead of a light-hearted sports movie.
America may not be ready for an all girls sport movie. Ro-Kyu-Bu may be too progressive for the average moviegoer

Fucking hiroshimoot removing the advertising in the reporting feature

check my 9