no

No

Yes. Still amazing though.

Imho, yes.

hai

compared to what?

This threads are overrated.

Also overrated according to who?

Some faggot shitposter who has nothing better to do? Man that sure it's a relevant opinion.

No

It's not moe so it is overrated

No. It's a very good show. If you think it's bad you're retared. If you're meeming you're retarded too

Yes, it's a 10/10

code geass was better

No, here's why. The world is one of the best ever constructed in how it is planned out and every event in the series fits into a chronology. For example, the main series has one sentence mention Bruce Ashbey (ep 49), and then six years later (production time) there will be a whole Gaiden story about his exploits. The Fourth Battle of Tiamat takes place in the main series, animated in 1988, yet the Second and Third Battles of Tiamat can be expounded on in Gaiden in 1999 without conflicting with any future events in the universe. There are even at least two episodes dedicated to the history of the universe the show takes place in and half an episode that explains the stories of past emperors that don't take away from the main point of the show, but rather give it a context that a third rate show would simply deem unnecessary. In short, the series is mapped out fairly well.
The characters are also pretty great. It's rare to have a show with as many characters as LoGH while having each character fleshed out to the degree that they are. A character like Oberstein will have a personality, motives, methods, consistencies, enemies, and he won't even be the main character of the show. The buck goes pretty far down, until someone like Karl Edward Bayerlein comes along. The series is also not afraid to kill of some of your favorite characters like _:^)_, and not bring them back, unlike some shows where you can blow yourself up in a vault and come back to change the entire course of the show a few episodes later because God saved you.
Possibly one of it's greatest assets is how the show doesn't pick sides in a (pretty much) two sided conflict. It actually tries to tell a complex story rather than one of muh good and muh evil. It's unfortunate that the Earth Church takes away from that premise a bit, but even then, they're still small compared to the conflict between Yang and Reinhard.
The art style is also pretty good too, but the animation could be better.

>post was too long
As it is now, it's best show in it's genre.

As a show so obsessed with the concept of history, it does everything very well.

It goes out of its way to build up the history of the universe because everything has a cause, and often says "later on, this will have x effect" or "historians will look back on this as x" after many exchanges. It also emphasizes the feelings and motives of all the men involved. The series remains relatively neutral when documenting the events because there's no right or wrong in history.

My only complaints are that the ending is a bit unsatisfying and the third part drags on for much too long with very little of note happening, relative to the first and second part.

Watching it for the first time and I think it's damn amazing

But fucking Kircheis just died what the fuck

Don't worry, that's really the only major character death in the show

My complaint is Iserlohn was understated in power at first, until it becomes clear later that it's a squatting Death Star, and how it's consistently taken and retaken by Yang and the Alliance drives me crazy.

Getting past the retarded Imperials is one thing, but then Iserlohn gets taken from Reinhard's forces too. And Imperials can't help but stand in front of the stationary Thor's Hammer and get blown the fuck away.

I was so hype when Reinhard was gonna throw Geiersberg Fortress into Iserlohn because I was hoping that would finally remove Iserlohn from the story. At that point is was an eyesore.

Damn now I want to watch the Gaiden, I only saw the original OVA.

Yang's story, Spiral Labyrinth, is a trudge from episode 2 through 4, but it gets better. Reinhard's story is good all the way through though.
One Hundred Billion Stars, One Hundred Billion Lights is one of the best arcs in all of LoGH as a whole.

Agreed

Everyone keeps thinking 'If only Kircheis was here' for the entire damn runtime, so he still lives on in that regard.

Still, even with the gigantic cast they still find a way to kill off most semi-relevant people with various levels of abruptness by the end, so don't think his death is going to be the most painful scene you see; pic related.

I was more disappointed when Farenheit died.

__Yang__ was inevitable from early on. It was the lesser, but still prominent characters that hit me a lot harder.

I was also surprised at how BTFO Reuental was, since he was portrayed as a genius approaching Reinhard. That just added to the tragedy of his demise.

>watching episode 81
>ED plays
>preview comes on
>not enough time to click away before this plays
Thank god I was just rewatching the series. I would have been pissed.

I had a habit of skipping previews (and eventually EDs) by default.

I don't understand what LOTGH was thinking adding such bullshit spoilers in their previews, since the series itself didn't show the title card until the end because of spoilers.

This happens for two frames, defend this

Reuental's death was my favorite.

>cold, no music
Why would they make this preview so dramatic? It just drew me in more so I could get spoiled.

to be fair it was foreshadowed to hell.

no.

brotherhood is overratd