Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Why can't normalfags into mecha?

>Gundam 00
What the fuck? Does anyone even watch that in 2017 if they're not into Gundam already? Its popularity tanked when S2 aired and has just dwindled further since.

Code Geass falls into this category too

Gundam 00 is the only Gundam I've ever watched.

Why do I see this thread everyday?

Bored people with poor imagination,

Because regular mecha can become tediously formulaic

Because you visit /m/

kill yourself

Because most people don't have enough free time to waste it watching shit.

Because most mecha really isn't worth getting into. Covered all the mecha charts from /m/ myself and in the long run most of them weren't worth it. The ones people that aren't into mecha like really are the best like GITS, Patlabor, Casshern Sins, Nadesico, Gainax stuff and Imagawa stuff. Original Gundam is worth watching for War in the Pocket, 08th MS and Turn A while Macross is worth watching for DYRL and Plus. That's pretty much it, you don'tt really need to get deep into the genre to check out those.

While this clown here is missing some of the mecha shows/movies in existence while listening garbage like casshern or Gainax anime outside of arguably Eva and FLCL, I agree that mecha is probably the worst hit or miss genre in existence. You either get borderline masterpieces or you get trash. Mediocre shows are fairly rare so you blow boatloads of time trying to find stuff that isnt garbage. But then again, which genre isnt like that? I think based on my experience almost all are. I guess historical seinen usually are at least decent, there a lot of bad ones.

>Patlabor
Does this get better or is it just for 10 year olds?

I don't like mecha anime, and I don't like any of those either.

>garbage like casshern or Gainax anime outside of arguably Eva and FLCL
Terrible opinion
>Does this get better or is it just for 10 year olds?
It gets good with the last two episodes of the OVA and the movies.

Because mecha is a saturated genre filled with mostly shit

When I last saw this image it definitely had Code Geass, Guilty Crown, and Aldnoah in the place of Gundam 00, Patlabor TV and 08th MS team. Even being ironic or edgy those don't really fit.

Not like it matters, considering your shit taste. Gunbuster, diebuster, TTGL are an insult to the genre. TTGL is decent as a stand alone but sure as hell not mecha. Swallow up the cum that Anno apparently left in your mouth after he finished the abomination that is the XBuster franchise, there seems to be quite a bit left. Listing Nadesico of all Xebec shows also is an insult in itself and simply shows how little you actuall know, or simply how abysmal your taste is. Casshern isnt even mecha by the way. If that show is mecha then plastic memories is as well.

old one was better

>Swallow up the cum that Anno apparently left in your mouth after he finished the abomination that is the XBuster franchise
What the fuck am I reading

>Because most mecha really isn't worth getting into.
That goes for literally every anime genre, to single out mecha is just ridiculous especially since there's far more niche genres that get nothing but disdain from people and are always never good (harem, isekai, ecchi, etc.)

>The ones people that aren't into mecha like really are the best like GITS, Patlabor, Casshern Sins, Nadesico, Gainax stuff and Imagawa stuff.
>Patlabor, Casshern Sins
These two are about the least normalfag friendly series out there, the only people who care about Patlabor are well into their 40s and are definitely not first time anime watchers and Sins didn't do well in Japan or the US since its a niche within a niche
>Nadesico
Oh wait you're serious
>Gainax
Pretty much only Eva and TTGL has broad appeal the rest are ignored.
Wouldnt call FLCL mecha though, its a coming of age story with tons of genre bending conventions not limited to mecha and Canti is the only mecha aspect of it.

>That goes for literally every anime genre, to single out mecha is just ridiculous especially since there's far more niche genres that get nothing but disdain from people and are always never good (harem, isekai, ecchi, etc.)
To me the difference is that with other genre you often have to dig a little deeper to get the good stuff. But with mecha the stuff I mentioned, which is the most popular stuff, is pretty much the best you'll get.

So you're saying they just don't make good mecha anime anymore and its largely irrelevant beyond big franchises.

Fafner, FSS, Votoms are some examples of shows that are better than almost everything you listed, and all of them are niche. Unicorn wasnt listed for some reason even though it being a fact thats its the best animated Gundam show to ever exist (its irrelevant what you think of the ending). GaoGaiGar isnt popular at all either, yet better than most. Plenty of other shows tick a lot of boxes in regards to superiority. Macross DYRL isnt known or common, the movie has like 20k fans on MAL which is virtually nothing. So I dont get what it is youre on about.

Rather, tell me of some genres that have niche titles that throne above everything else. I am fairly sure that there isnt a single one this actually applies to. In fact, I'd claim that (for westerners) mecha is one of the genres that has the most good, unpopular shows. Why? Because mecha is what anime was about in the 80s, most people dont watch shows that are old. But go ahead and list some genre defining titles that arent popular/well known.

Because those titles actually delve deeper than just "Muh generic military hootenanny" and "ploys to sell toys."

>Implying Fafner doesn't literally have a Welle Shield that repels 90% of casual audiences

On the contrary, Sup Forums believes that mecha fans ARE nor/m/alfags. I'm really surprised SEED isn't on that image though.

Gundam Zeta was better than Eva and Anno believes CCA is superior to any of his works.

Mecha is a crutch for autistic Asperger retards

Thats what I am saying, though. He claims that for the best mecha you dont need to dig deep, when in fact most of the best mecha shows have rather small followings by modern standards. I mean, fuck MAL, but theres a reason why SnK has 1m fans and Fafner of FSS cant get past 10k. Even pseudo popular shit like Gunbuster only has 50k. If the viewer doesn't have to dig deep into mecha to find good shows then he doesnt have to for any genre in anime. The only shows that have even smaller followings are historical shows with a focus on swordplay like House of Five Leaves or Hyouge Mono. They are too slow for most normalfags unless its Katanagatari, which I am surprised is as popular as it is considering all the talking. I'd expect nmost people to drop it after ep2. Mecha is niche as hell and requires more digging than almost any other genre, at least by modern standards since the popular shows like TTGL or GitS or CGL sure as hell arent even remotely close to the best the genre has to offer. In fact, they are hardly even mecha.

Isn't there a new Patlabor coming out sometime soon?

shit genre with its own containment board

Mecha isn't that great of a genre, which is why you only see the best shows ever discussed. If you like mecha then that's fine, however it's a pretty generic and repetitive genre made to sell toys.

>own...board
Only because f/a/ggots were getting casual filtered. Reminder that any user attempting to discuss Eva on /m/ is forcibly relocated to Sup Forums. You bitches can't even do that with all your /wsg/, /jp/, and Sup Forums posting.

Anyone that says mecha isn't a deep-to-dig-to-get-to-the-good-stuff genre has never seen MSG SEED C.E. 73: STARGAZER. Granted, you have to suffer through at least one if not two 50 episode anime by one of the worst director/writer/character designer trios in the industry to understand the backstory. Its really a lot of shit to the sift through to enjoy a fantastically written/directed/animated 50 minute ONA.