Well this is a thing. Junji Ito is one of the greatest horror manga artists of all time...

Well this is a thing. Junji Ito is one of the greatest horror manga artists of all time. Finally we're going to get some quality spooky anime.

Das spook mane

I don't know if his particular brand of unsettling will translate well into anime. Definitly will give it a shot though.

Wouldn't be so sure of that, they could easily make it a terrible adaptation

It deffinitely won't. A lot of what gives flavor to his works is his artwork, he has a way with texture and detail that the anime most likely won't be able to do justice to.

That being said, I'll watch it regardless.

Cool. They animated gyo tho but it was a different parallel universe and cgi.
What is the story one with the long face scary girl. I heard people found that the scariest one. I have read quite a lot now like the boy ghost thing at the junction but it wasn't scary at all. None are scary but they give quite a good horror atmosphere better than 99% of the movies

*cough* Gyo *cough*

It'll look bad

We don't talk about that. Plus that wasn't really atmospheric horror. it was more of a creature feature.

>Finally we're going to get some quality spooky anime.
Gyo didn't exactly deliver.

Welcome to like last week. And as in that thread, I have to remind you that he already got an anime, and it sucked just as bad as this one will.

That was a bad idea regardless. It's not exactly a good representation of manga to anime adaptions but that doesn't mean nothing else can't be much better.

If they're going to do it, they have to go all out. I don't want boring anime designs. The show has to look out of place.

Our boy finally getting his screentime.

So what exactly is Haunted House? I've never heard of that story by Ito. I know of a Haunted Mansion but not house.

Old news.

Ito draws the most fucked up faces I think I've ever seen. Legit nightmare fuel.

Some of us aren't here 24/7. You act like we're all suppose to come across the thread that's talking about this.

its going to be cgi lmao

It's probably gonna be shit, his works heavy rely on his art, and no anime does justice to manga art

proof? Don't play with my heart you piece of shit.

>Finally we're going to get some quality spooky anime.

Like Gyo, right?

>Some of us aren't here 24/7
I don't get it.

>Gyro
read the thread before posting. It's been mentioned at least 5 times. We get it, Gyo was bad. Also assuming something is going to be bad because of one example is just silly.

Can't wait to see best girl animated

>Haunted House

Which one is this? Yami no Koe?

I think it's haunted mansion.

He's had anime adaptions before and they were more comedy than horror.

Or maybe it's just the 4th chapter from it.
I guess it'll be a 10-20 min ova.

there is gyo ova

I have read every single work of Junji Ito, at least twice, but I can't remember the titles, which ones were on the "Haunted House"?

If it gets the art right it might be enjoyable. But how many of his stories are legit horror and not kind of spooky comedies?'

you own physical copies?

I own the internet.

but it would look so great on the shelf. What do you use to read them or do you just torrent that shit?

I hope we get adaptations of the nail chewing kid chapters as a lead up to the actual haunted house bits. I always liked those, they are the comfiest Itos.

Mangafox of course.

Hmm I'll check it out.

It looks like it will be a series rather than an OVA or a film. I can't imagine them doing 26 episodes but I can definitely see it being 12 episodes. you could probably get a lot of chapters done with that amount of time. I don't recall his manga stories being that long.

Gyo was good because the music and the colours added to the experience. It could have been better but it was a fine adaptation.

A fine adaption, as a comedy movie.

Ito is the same cringey/lame in manga but you think it's so much better. Just read Uzumaki and tell me it's not comedy central.

Gyo was a terrible adaptation. Gender swapping fanservice over the top direction instead of instilling actual fear. None of the creepy artwork captured at all. Doesn't have a layer of morbid humour. Bad CGI. Just overall terrible.

Uzumaki has it fair share of morbid humour like the hair thing and the tornado people but it can be pretty scary when it has to.Also unlike most shows on Comedy Central it's actually funny.

Which story is he from.

Gee take a guess.

The one in OP's pic.

Post yfw CGI

This is silly. It's very difficult to make anime spooky or scary because drawings are not immersive enough. It doesn't connect or activate your primal fear receptors as strongly as seeing a real human in peril or some source of danger in the real world.

This is why there are so few horror anime.
Junji ito's work should be adapted into live action movies or not at all

Yet Junji Itos mangas are top grade scare material. So much to "realism"

Gyo anime is excellent. Manga takes too much time to escalate for its own good.

Why would you think this?
Yami Shibai did a good job.

>because drawings are not immersive enough
Manga are drawings too you know?

It works differently between manga and anime.

I can work, just that most stuff of this genre never gets enough budget or a good enough team to do its justice.

Please help I have autism.

I hope the Opening song is upbeat j-pop to piss you EOPs off.

Please no. That's the scariest nightmare of all.

Fuck off, gook.

It won't work.
The reason his work can be so scary is because of his great use of paneling. Something that is lost when trying to make a anime adaption.

It can work if you have a talented director who's mastered scene composition. Unfortunately, proper horror composition in anime is virtually non-existent. Last I saw was episode 5 of Flip Flappers, they actually nailed atmosphere there.

None of this shit is ever scary, just creepy looking. Maybe it will be more scary animated and with proper music and sound effects.

How many great horror anime has there been?

Kagewani
Yamishibai
Devil-Man
Requiem from the Darkness
Mononoke
Higurashi (to a degree)

are the ones I think of. They're all very different and each have a specific kind of fright factor. I feel the Junji Ito anime will fall under the category of eerie atmospheric kind of horror with a touch of terror here and there.

I maybe be a slow poke but, is this supposed to be Ito & Hirohiko Araki

Thread was fun but I need to sleep.

good night

Corpse Party.
The tongue cutting scene was the only time ever anime made me avert my eyes from the screen.

May you have a long dream.

It was one of those one's with the guy who shoots the nails out of his mouth. He gets some freakish monster lady pregnant, and that's her kid.

Ito is really more of weird horror than anything else. Most of what he makes isn't scary, just bizarre, disturbing or unnerving.