nice, 3/3 + Koe no katachi

Hello friends. Thinking about changing up my 3x3

4/5
1/3

What is top left?

Whoops, sorry buddy
5/9 anime
2/5 movie

I really hate the trend of just picking random shots for your 3x3 with no way to identify the show, especially if you see someone that has similar tastes but you don't recognize some of the shows. It ends up just being a circle jerk for if you can recognize the show/if you liked it, but I don't really know what else I would expect.

You could just cut out the images and plug them into google, iqdb, saucenao or yandex. Or maybe just ask and someone might be nice enough to tell you.

all of the images in this thread are pretty identifiable though...

Rating + best

3/4 Aria. What's middle?

3/4 K-On

3/5 Aria (TV), 4/8 Disappearance (Movies)

2/3 Tatami Galaxy

++Doremi, Adolescence of Utena, FLCL, EoE
+YKK OVA, Bridge Over Dreams, Tatami, Aria
Nice taste and nice colors
++K-On
+Koe, Tamako
Yamada is cool and good
++Eva, Whisper of the Heart
+Aria, Oniisama, HxH, Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tatami, Porco, Mononoke
+/- SSY, Grave of Fireflies, Haruhi
++Pingu, K-On
+Lain, Tutu, Aria, Tatami
+/-Haruhi, Katanagatari

Go back to twitter

>Liking Hyouka means you're from twitter
No you leave

4/4
0/0
Polar Bear Cafe has been on my backlog forever. Is it any good?
6/6 TV and OVA
5/5 Movie
4/4
7/7
4/4

>Polar Bear Cafe has been on my backlog forever. Is it any good?
Of course. Its extremely heartwarming and relaxing.

>utena film
>over the series
Awful taste.

5/6
7/7
9/9

>Minky Momo
Glorious taste.

>over the series
it's been a super long time since i saw the show.
the movie was just the first one i happened to rewatch.

The show wins just for having Nanami.

Get rewatching that shit now.

This year's the 20th anniversary, so you have a good excuse.

>abeno
aaaaaaaa that ending was such a dissapointment

is bottom middle actually good, does it have romance and ntr like it seems?

I don't think too many people go for that trend any more.

These are all good, if you don't watch out they're going to redefine Sup Forumscore at this rate.

What do you consider Sup Forumscore?

It's been interesting seeing the influence of Twitter get so strong over the years.

It's especially a sci-fi esque anime retelling of the Count of Monte Cristo. There is NTR and it does have romantic aspects some of which are homo

I'm just talking about what is predominantley popular in these threads really. Couple of years ago it was mostly something like ABe show, Yuasa show, Ikuhara show, NHK, LoGH, Monogatari, Eva, Mushihi, Kaiji, Aria/YKK.

I think if there is a "twitter" influence it might mainly be legitimising little girls shows/more cartoony things as choices. Doremi has certainly become a more and more common choice.

Sure, but I think that's characteristic of a greater shift in attitudes towards a more animation-centric view. Legend of the Galactic Heroes has never been less in style.

Where were you when Digibro changed the 3x3 meta?

Did he?

What's he calling pretentious now?

I suppose that is true enough. The amount of people that will essentially argue if animation isn't a strong point a series is worthless nowadays is impressive. Seemingly entirely neglecting the purpose for which the animation exists in the first place, to tell a story. That said I don't think that is really representative of the views of "twitter" as much as a gross simplification of them. The kind of bastardisation of a more subtle point into something much more dull which always seems to happen on the internet.

He didn't really. Pointing out that 3x3 had a lot of commonalities was something that happened a lot prior to him ever making his video. When I watched some of that I felt like a lot of it was a regurgitation of arguments I had previously made in autistic little discussion here.

This is true. It seems to me that after his video shitposting in /3x3/ peaked and the idea of "boring taste" reached enough people both inside and outside of these threads to hit critical mass.

Literally who?

Inside these threads though the idea that someone might be being disingenuous in their representation of their tastes and sticking to safe picks for the sake of kudos was hardly anything new. There was even the guy who surveyed the 3x3 threads and saved and catalogued hundreds of choices off of the back of arguments like those which used to be fairly commonplace.

Also just had to mention the fact that he tried putting Anne on there and didn't even know enough about what he was talking about to manage to pick an image from the right series always amused me.

There have always been retarded people, all I'm saying is that industry appreciation caught on there first, and that community almost undoubtedly popularized it elsewhere

Yeah that is true. Don't really have any arguments with that. I was just making observations about how some of those ideas, such as paying more attention to animation, seem to have filtered down.

Over recent years it has certainly become much more popular and that is probably due to that community making the material much more accessible through translations and such. Where as before you'd have to rely on the scant perhaps poorly translated/outdated information already available, anipages, and a list of shows on the jp sakugawiki. Perhaps also whatever translation skills you had to find out a lot of industry information if you cared enough to do that. They have made the bar to entry much lower.

I feel like that argument holds true for a lot of of things, though. I remember when in the past every second person had LotGH on their, and I bet that not even a third of them actually finished the show. Some are too afraid to put on the shows they like and choose safe picks, while others pretend to have watched stuff they hope will bring that approval and be considered as evidence of their patrician taste. Then again, I feel like that simply comes automatically. When I see someone telling me that Tatami Galaxy or Lain are someone's favourites I will always assume that they either havent watched a lot of that they put them there because they think it will bring them approval. At the end of the day 3x3 was never anything but a circlejerk anyway. Theres no actual criticism, no point is rating stuff since most people in here hand out 80-100% approval ratings of the stuff someone else has watched anyway.

I'm not going to deny any of that happens but I certainly think there is a lot to be said for the idea that there is a certain self selection bias evident in the predominance of certain shows. Given that this is a relatively small community of posters on a board that broadly speaking attracts people with a certain mindset and generally speaking of similar demographics, with similar interests, it is hardly surprising that a lot of people like similar things. That is to say these threads themselves attract a certain kind of individual within an already self selected set of individuals.

I will never understand why anyone would lie in these threads. Why would anyone feel the need to lie to people that they will likely never meet in person? All it does is encourage an unhealthy hivemind mentality.

These threads are at their best when there's discussion of a show going on, or when a person is forced to justify their picks.

For the same reason people pretend to have watched things they havent. Many care about approval, whether its on reddit, MAL or in form of (you)'s. Because at the end of the day this is still a community, right? And very often you can tell posters from their submissions or the way they write. People wont know your name, but espevially in a more or less contained enviroment like 3x3 (generals), its possible to identify individual posters and have a on opinion on them in general. This used to be harder since there were more people who bothered with it, but it wasn't impossible. So there is some incentive to lie, anonymous or not.

Yeah, you can get some really good discussion of individual shows in these threads sometimes. Especially good for those that would never sustain a discussion outside of these threads. I used to like posting asking what people were watching and enjoying that season with my 3x3 to try force a discussion because it was always interesting to see what the guy who liked X as favourite watched seasonally and liked the most. Although a fairly common response was that the poster doesn't watch current anime.

As for why you would lie, iI would suppose f you aren't someone who gets much praise or social interaction in real life, then even praise based on a lie from an internet stranger could be appreciated positive attention.

I don't think anyone here is pathetic enough to put shows they don't even really like on their 3x3, though I have no doubt that some people will choose one show over another if it makes them look "smarter" or hipster.

I've made 3x3s based on things other than what I like best, before

Obviously intentionally, outright doing it is kind of different than doing it to deceive people into thinking your taste is different than it is in order to get praised more though.

I still argue that the qualifications for putting a show on your 3x3 is that you must love it to the extent that you would want everyone to watch it right now. If you don't feel that way about a show, then don't add it to your 3x3.

>what's middle
Adult Empire Strikes Back, was held as #4 among Japan's best movies

What's left of Eva?

Soukyuu no fafner exodus. Emphasis on exodus because holy shit does dead aggressor (the first season you need to watch to understand what the hell is going on) drag.

Thanks nigga.

5/6
4/4
2/2
3/4
4/5

Give it to me straight, doc, how shit is my taste?

If you want to include Akanecchi in your 3x3 I have to insist that its with her husband.

Forgot pic

>Not 9/9 on the last one
Pretty fucking shit
no

What do you mean "no" you little shit? Who said that you have a choice?

2/2
4/4
3/3, really need to watch Honneamise
2/2
2/2
5/5
Almost everyone's list has Tatami Galaxy, I should really watch it.

3x3 from what i watched for last 3 months

2/5
5/5
3/4
2/4
3/4
2/3

>tfw you can't remember most of the shows you've recently watched

2/3

1/3

4/5
Damn I can't believe I forgot about Mononoke.

5/7
3/6
5/7
4/4 What is middle-left?
6/7

top right?

>Seemingly entirely neglecting the purpose for which the animation exists in the first place, to tell a story
This is arguably a gross simplification of the medium too though.

I was into Anne and Doremi before it was cool, kenji ruined everything.

What makes you think that?

Subbing the BDs was a mistake.

How do you get past anne's face?

Anne is cute, fuck off user. It's her cry/scream you gotta be able to get past anyway.

You're stupid, Anne's screams were nothing but arousing.

>arousing.

++ EoE, FLCL
+ K-On
- Azusa
++ Evangelion, EoE, Perfect Blue
+ Mononoke, Akira, Fireflies, Whisper of the Heart, Millenium Actress, Haruhi
+ LoGH, GTO
++ Lain
+ Haruhi, K-On
++ Evangelion, FLCL
++ Eva
+ K-On, GuP
++ FLCL
++ EoE
++ Eva
++ Nichijou, FLCL
+ K-On
++ Kaiji
++ Eva, Perfect Blue, Ping Pong
++ Samurai Champloo

didn't watch/kyoani

5/5 breddy gud

1/1

4/6

2/2

2/2

3/5

2/2

3/5

3/3

2/2

2/3

2/2

baùbaù

++EoE, Tatami
+Doremi, Momo
-/+ FLCL
++Tatami, Eva, Oniisama e
-HxH11
++Rosso, Grave of Firelies, EoE, Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress
+Mononoke, Akira, Mimi wo
++Tatami, Joe
+LoGH, GTO
+/- NaNa
++Lain, Tatami
+Haibane
+/- Katanagatari
++Eva
+Anne, Doremi
+/- FLCL
++Oniisama, Maroko
+Anne
++Joe, Heidi
+/-FLCL
is top right Shoka ? what's mid bottom please ?
++Oniisama, EoE, Magnetic Rose, Tsuikuhen :'( , Paranoia Agent or is it Monster ??
+Escaflown, Area88, Gunsmith cat
+/- Katanagatari
++EoE, Conan
+Saraya
-Kuchuu Buranko
What's top left above Kuuchu and also at the right of Saraya please ?
++Eva, Psycho Pass
+Danshi Koukousei
++Mushishi, Tatami, Gunbuster
+/- FLCL
++Hakusho, Kaiji
++Eva, Ping Pong, Perfect Blue, Poroporo
++Champloo
+Escaflown, Moribito, Kekkai, Barakamon
++Monster
-HxH11
++SBR, Perfect Blue, GitS, Bebop, Eva
+Redline, YOWASHOCK
-Inferno Cop
++Tatami
+Madoka
+/- Katanagatari
- Monogatari

Someone recc me some good cool old/obscure
OVA or/and anime film, i'm into cyberpunk but i don't mind something different, also planning on watching Honneamise tonight

Seirei no Moribito

>Kuchuu Buranko
Isn't on that list so I dont know which frame you mean. Right of Saraya is Macross do you remember love.

Cybercity Oedo 808

> Macross do you remember love
Thanks senpai.
the one i mistook for Kuchuu is at the left side, under the top left pic that i asked for its title too
Thanks senpai

Thats flip flappers then. Top left is five star stories, although I wouldn't recommend watching the movie unless youve read the manga since you wont be able to fully appreciate it.

Thats that the one psycho pass borrows some concepts from right?

Psycho-Pass borrows concepts from all sci-fi works, mostly literature, and displays this by having the characters in its world comment on how closely aspects of its world resemble sci-f literature. The whole first season is a love letter to sci-fi as a genre.

I mean cybercity oedo 808 literally has criminals working for the police instead of doing their sentences in the same kind of way. The parallels are striking.

Top 4 2017 feature films that I will see in the next 2 weeks

Whoops

this.

anime/manga that I enjoyed.

Why ? the story isn't complete in the anime ?

Its a movei that doesn't start at the beginning of the story so you are missing quite a bit of background story. Its more of a teaser since there was supposed to be an anime afterwards but it never happened. Its great for the art alone for sure.