So how deep are you into eva lore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CALC6a-IYp8
youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY
youtube.com/watch?v=4hzjuf686oA).
youtube.com/watch?v=63UIBoIF3mY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>self insert
That's actually not a hard one to get. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the dude had flat out said that Shinji/Asuka are just him projecting. He did it with Nadia too.

Yeah, it should be on r/Evangelion level.
Post-3rd Impact = New Garden of Eden (on EvaGeeks tier) is pretty obvious too.

>mass production Evas = Shinji's classmates
As much as I regret wasting time on Eva, this one would have been a heart breaker.

>There are people who legitimately believe AT fields arn't autism incarnate.

It's not hard to get into because Anno straight up said it in an interview.
I don't get why it's deep on this chart.

Didn't Anno state himself that all the symbology is just to look cool and is supposed to be shallow?

Ultimate level:

Evangelion@School is canon.
Merchandise is canon.
All doujin is canon.

Thinking eva is deep is one of the most normalfag shit ever.

Mari = Same age as Yui is true at least in the manga.

Yeah, but there's a lot more to Eva than the Judeo-Christian symbolism.

Didn't Urobuchi state that Madoka was softhearted fun?

Yeah but just barely.
You could get the same thing from watching Gundam Zeta but you'd actually get some character development and heartbreaking moments.

This is probably actually canon, given that they're going for a "multiverse" canon with the franchise.

Anything beyond Sup Forums is just inverted understanding

>Didn't Anno state himself
No
> that all the symbology is just to look cool
Yes
>and is supposed to be shallow?
No

None of this changes the fact that it was well-researched and consistent.

Nah, Gundam takes a really shallow take on psychology in general. It just shows war influencing the character's psychology. Evangelion takes this a step further and shows how the character's environment and traumas influnce the way they react to the destruction surrounding them.

Eva is Anno's confessionary story about his life as an autistic self-loathing otaku + classic /m/ references. Not hard to understand

>well-researched
No more than Gundam 0079.
Seriously, go look it up.
>consistent
I will give it that, Eva had some really great canonical callbacks with EoE.

I'd argue the opposite, especially in Gundam Zeta. Kamille comes into his own as a man in the first 20 episodes (right around the time he stops being jealous of Amuro and puts his autism away) but then has to deal with his relationships with other mentally disturbed people such as Jerid, Reccoa, and Char all the while he is still fighting for a cause he isn't sure he believes in but still thinks is morally sound. This culminates with his development of strong pacifist values in the latter half of the series and the own realization that others are going to go their own way regardless of his actions. Even though he achieves this realization he himself falls into the same trap that he tried to save others from: he goes after Scirocco in a rage and ends up a vegetable.

No, that was Tsurumaki.
>Yeah,
No.

All of that is just character development, almost every anime has that. What most anime doesnt' have is explore why characters react the way they react, why they develop in certain ways and why they can't in others. Really the only series besides Eva that does this to some extent is Utena. Amuro and Kamille change, but we know only very basic things abot why they were the way they were in the first place.

That's why people will call Eva a psychological drama, or even psychoanalitical drama, while Gundam is just a drama.

I could say the same about Eva and my statement would be just as true as yours.

mass production evas = viet cong

youtube.com/watch?v=CALC6a-IYp8

What? How? We know exactly how Misato's, Asuka's and Shinji's childhood looked like. We know how that forged certain mechanisms in them that lead to their escapist tendancies. The only character we get that with in Zeta is Four, but her backstory kind of like Rei is more fantastic and not really relatable. Plus in those terms we really got more out of Rei's character.

Newfag deep. Get on my level

Im quite sure anno said shinji is his self insert.

Nigga, Me!Me!Me! is canon.

>No more than Gundam 0079.
Its on my list, so im not sure, but the internal mythology of Eva is well designed.
Its very well crafted, even though it doesnt necessarily is important for the ending message of the series.

Wasn't Anno's self insert the entire cast except for Kaworu who was Ikuhara?

I entertained the notion of Maya being Shinji's half sister. She's a nice character and would have been a good big sister if she was indeed related.

We know a lot of Char and Amuro's background from 0079 and Emma & Kamille's is handled within the first several episodes, just subtly (i.e. we see Kamille partaking in conspiracy media and reading his father's notes on MS design). At its core, you can't really compare the child characters of Eva with Kamille because their development ends where the latter's begins; even after Kamille becomes self-realized we still see him realistically struggle with others, a facet of Eva (and most shounen) that is almost never explored. On a lesser note, we see the characters of Bright, Amuro, and Char all evolve and get further development with the least of these being Bright.

Just how bad did Third Impact fuck up the world? Shinji was able to give Humanity a way out of Instrumentality, but Lilith's Anti-AT Field dissolved everything into LCL, not just humans, right? Even if Humanity comes back from the Tang, everything else will still be dead, right?

My personal interpretation: Fucked, but not "the world is done" fucked.
I dont think animals or plants got tanged (if they do, they can leave because reasons).
Buildings and infrastructure shouldnt be THAT screwed. The 3rd impact explosion was similar to the 2nd impact one, and yet the world survived. There will be some tsunamis and climate change, but places like europe and america should be mostly fine.
The event of tanging probably didnt cause any permanent damage to the infrastructure.

Though Japan and maybe Korea and China are totally fucked?

NERV HQ managed to survived at fucking ground zero with "armor and bumpers", so maybe not if you are very optimistic? The series dont really give us much info about how much real physical destruction the third impact caused.

Instrumentality was halted not by Shinji, Rei, or Yui, but by the souls of trees, whose will to live is pure.

>mfw fucking leaves have more reason to live than Shinji

Not surprised in the slightest. Do you think his life gets any better after EoE?

>Evangelion is an illuminati brown note

What the fuck does this even mean?

I'm still fucking pissed how the whole point of the Shinji getting into the Eva in EoE was just to have him go into sperg euphoria instead of putting up a fucking fight.

self-waifu paradox

this really makes some sense

post the chart without your yellow rectangles

I fall somewhere between Kabbalist and SEELE

Some of the stuff on the deep end is just shitposting
>Ramiel is best girl
>angelic days is canon

That's the joke

The point the user is trying to make is that Eva uses pschological theories to build its characters while Gundam goes the more traditional route.
For example if Gundam was excecuted the same way Eva was then there would be more emphasis on Amuro's relation with his parents and how that affects how he interacts with his friends, etc rather than just his overcoming and adapting to the OYW scenario.

I like 0079, it's a classic campy mecha anime and a cornerstone of the genre, but the way it and Eva handle its characters is fundamentally different.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Half of EoE and the TV show's final episodes pretty much were a dream

I believe that Misato wanted him to use Eva 01 to flee, possibly saving asuka during the way. Nerv was already compromised. Fighting a half the army wouldnt stop the soldiers inside.

She couldnt predict the Mass Productions Evas and the instrumentality ritual, tho. She still didnt know enough about instrumentality.

Anno would be disgusted if he knew threads like this existed.

geometry

Hey Grant, how you doing?

what is the self-waifu paradox?

I'm pretty sure that decades ago Anno became mindborken when he realized that his ideas went over everybody's head, so he resolved to a life of making random shit to cash in on his fame.

Asuka's English VA has an unhealthy fixation to Asuka, therefore she is her own waifu.
youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY

KEK

also nice quads

Her voice is perfect, specifically for Asuka.

Holy shit

I USED TO READ WORD UP MAGAZINE

Most people got the main message already. Its just more interesting to talk about the small details and crazy stuff.
Never create a thread with a image more interesting than the text. This applies to other stuff other than threads.

I wonder how she feels about becoming a symbol of white supremacy.

>piisu
>not buii

Holy shit, that's amazing.

Maya is best girl

Nice, now watch this

>Maya
>M A Y A
>M A N A
>Mana
Yes, Mana is best girl

Try posting a image that isn't blurry.

This has always worried me a bit because it's disappointing that a VA doesn't even seem to understand the intentions of the work she's in.
Also something's kinda weird about this.
Don't get me wrong I'm used to seeing rooms plastered in anime merch, but all this for one character, and on top of that being the VA?
It's kinda weird.

Aoba didn't deserve to get tang'd, he was too good for that world.

>Hikari is best girl
Tier 7 Illuminate reporting in

Excuse me literally who?

True. Did Maya do anything wrong other than having the purest form of love?

>fucking newfags

Sorry girls who aren't canon don't even register with me. Probably some mari-sue from some cash in dating sim.

I also think Grant didnt quite got asuka (hell, i think the entire cast didnt quite got the point of the series. Watch the last 60 seconds of youtube.com/watch?v=4hzjuf686oA).

But i think they got at least parts of it. My favorite quote of Grant was the one saying that Anno purposely write the series in a way people can make their own interpretation of it. Thats already a better understanding than i a lot of people i seen discussing the series.

>not accepting shameful cash grabs as canon

See Everything is canon. Specially the doujins.

Eva Speculah stops being fun the moment it becomes too close to true, making shady info by overanalyzing is the charm of it.

Mari being older, for example, was fun when all you had was she singing old songs, having a certain accent, and all the unused concept art. Then Sadamoto, pissed Anno didn't do anything with Mari, made the manga chapter that shows her being lesbo for Yui, and that absolutely killed the fun of it. Even if you do get a thrill when the pieces are commig together, a finished puzzle is useless.

Holy shit this is incredible, this is some top tier solipsism.

tell that to

The level where mediocre card game anime slowly turn into Eva

IMA KOSO HITOTSU NI

wasn't one of the Meklord monsters kinda inspired by the Evas?

Doesn't seem too outrageous to me, anymore than parents taking pictures of their kids and plastering them around their houses like they're some kind of goddamn idolmasters.

Eva is shit, and you're trying to find a meaning in it. Pitiful.

>Ramiel is best girl
Well, you can't deny the facts.

Anno pls

They're all shitposts by then. The stupid but sincere ones ended at evageeks.

>Implying that Seele = Elders of Zion isnt right as fuck

>Rebuild a sequel

Too many visual cues for it to be just a coincidence.

>Keel is the Wandering Jew

Okay, I might bite.

>Rei inside Shinji's Walkman

Nigga please.

>This happens
What happens afterwards?

I wish I could prove it but I swear I saw something that had Eva Merch flash for like 2 frames in EoE's third Impact

Couldn't you go back and watch it?

Whatever, 4.4 when?

Its true. Hate to link those kind of videos, but its the 10th point of this video (9:50 mark)
youtube.com/watch?v=63UIBoIF3mY

Proliferation.

Which version is that shinji?

I looked up the source 1/2