What went so awfully wrong?

what went so awfully wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Nj4xHOonPnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Writer change. The characters were super sexy though, you have to give them that.

>tfw still liked it anyway

>Writer change
Oh boy here we go

no hmanga is what went wrong

I'd let them handle my control stick!

If I had to guess it was because they felt that they were obliged to provide some kind of closure and explanation, especially since Flip Flappers was highly unlikely to get a second season. In reality all anyone wanted was a surrealist adventure through Cocona's psyche and the change unfortunately it cast a unique, visually oriented series into the sea of over-explained mediocrity. Nevertheless, the first two thirds were excellent and I hope the staff learnt from this lesson.

The later writer also put together some good episodes, the rest of the team couldn't have been wholly unaware either.

This desu

>tfw at this moment it was still the GOAT animu

>uncensored slit

Is this for real?

I thought Flip Flappers was a kid's show that ended up otakubait.

>Cockona

A kind user gave me a better stitch for this.
It came with an insult, but that just goes with the territory around here.

>I thought Flip Flappers was a kid's show

They are still children. What's wrong with you?

They started to focus on drama and shit over fun adventures. Seriously, fuck those guys. I am happy to see that different people are behind PriPri.

Thank you kind user
>can't tell if false flagger or legitimately a newfag

Have the stitch.

Just about everything except for background art, some creative set design, and the occasional well-animated scene.

You've got it the wrong way around. It's a show directed squarely towards otaku but dressed up in whimsical dress.

What do kids get out of a whole episode referencing Marimite?

You can see her flaps.

it was pretty much worse version of rolling girls

The general rule for the series was the younger she looks, the lewder outfit she had.

>Papicunt

>what went so awfully wrong?

it needed more Cocona and much less Yayaka

Did she end up doing anything?

Nothing. It was Sup Forums's aoty after all.

What was the point of this character?

>there's an edit
Nice

No.

Where's the edit?
The one he posted is unedited.

being cute and sexy?

Can't be posted here

That's the official promo art my friend.

Picked up

I like official lewd more anyways, especially when it shows such a treat like vulva.

you sure jest fattass

Gay shit deserve to go into the trash.

Not even in the top3 that season.

>Gay shit
You mean yourself? I mean, you're the one complaining about sexy girls.

It tried having a plot when it was significantly better off being episodic.

To show Yayaka was on thin ice and would be easily replaced at her next fuck-up. She served to further Yayaka's arc instead of being a character on her own.

It was 10/10 material until the last 3rd. If it sticked with the episodic, Kino's Journey type structure it would have stayed a 10/10.

I thought those were jugs.

Besides Jojo, Keijo, Girlish Number and Sweaty Pingpong girls I can't remember anything else that was airing

It switched away from fun adventures in strange and fantastic worlds to being about drama, plot, characterization, backstory, etc. and none of it was well executed at all.

Well, Shakunetsu, Matoi, and Sangatsu were better. That doesn't really denigrate FLFL of course.

What he said. What everyone wanted was a really good way to follow up on the crazy arthouse adventures. Instead they fucked that up for some reason or another. I don't even want to speculate about whether the writer changed or whether they ran out of money or whatever. The end result was the same.

>they felt obligated

You make it sound like the ending was a last minute thing when they spent like 5 episodes on it and the show opened with Cocona dreaming of being with Mimi on a boat in Pure Illusion

>what went wrong
>the sales were low
>so every chucklefuck on Sup Forums decides to give his own retarded opinion on why the plot made nips not want to buy it

The reason why it didn't sell is because they didn't bother to advertise it while it was airing, nips had no idea this show even existed.

I only meant that the writers possibly felt that there was some audience expectation or other pressure to provide a concrete ending to a one-off series.
The whole script was written before production on the episodes had started, so it was certainly not a last-minute affair.

Where did her pantsu go?

this

>lewd edit
link it

>forced fan service
>forced yuri
>shitty ending

>forced

>forced meme

my dick can only get that hard
>739x469

>Yayacuck

I'm glad it flopped.

what a mean person you are

It was pretty amazing how they managed to make a show so fantastical but yet so bland at the same time.

Thinkin' about shards.

>He didn't get his daily dose
Got get it now
youtu.be/Nj4xHOonPnE

Rushed ending as is the problem with like 80% of anime

Yayaka at least got the slut loli right? RIGHT?

JUST

She gets a threesome pityfuck every now and then.

While FLFL's sales were bad, I don't think anyone seriously posting in this thread gives a shit about how many discs it moved. We give a shit about how the story fell apart in the show's last few eps.

At least, that's what I think when I hear someone ask "what went wrong" about it.

People who like the idea of threesomes shouldn't be allowed to post.

Same thing that killed Princess Principal and the rest of 3hz's shows.

Marketing worse than Earthbound.

Now stop making this thread twice every day holy shit.

The whole "you're gay if you don't like yuri" shtick is pretty lame.

Biggest issue for me isn't just that the last third was mangled, but the fact the show had the most perfect vehicle for relaying past information to the audience in an interesting way that didn't rely on flashbacks, used that device for that very purpose to great effect, then completely ignored it at the critical moment and instead gave us three episodes of the most abrupt and jarring flashbacks I've ever seen in anime. Easily a contender for the biggest waste of potential in any anime series ever.

The sudden plot and drama in the ending wasn't even that much of a problem in and of itself, the problem was the hackneyed manner in which it was given. Rewrite it to actually make use of the show's central device and it probably would have been just fine.

You're just too pleb to understand it. The ending made perfect sense if you consider Jungian interpretation of fairy tales.

Honestly, I agree with him. Even if they introduced Cocona's mother, perhaps they didn't need to go as deep into, and get as bogged down in her story as they did. Can you imagine what the anime would have been like, if they spent those last episodes doing what it had been doing up until then? All the while perhaps dropping hints and giving clues to an answer they were never going to give.

And really, it's a bit strange for me to say this, since my biggest beef with FlipFlappers is usually that it tried to do to much and left too many plot lines unresolved. But maybe (and I hate to somewhat bring /lit/ into this) it could be that show in fact could have stood to be a bit more Kafka-esque.

>made perfect sense
I don't think I at all implied that the ending was confusing, but regardless, something making sense doesn't preclude it from being bad. In fact, sometimes simplicity can precisely be a story's detriment.

>the user that posted the card on his Twitter got suspended for being a retarded Sup Forumsfag

I can't believe this shit.

How do people still not realize nothing in Flip Flappers' "plot" mattered and was just a setting to illustrate Cocona, Papika and Yayaka's development? Mimi wasn't even anything more than Cocona's personal insecurity given form. It never went deep into the side characters because they were just decorations.

ANATA WA SOKO NI ANATA WO
TADA NO MONO DATTO SAGESUMU

>what went wrong?
Yayaka was supposed to win but then that write change hit hard.

the only good thing about this shit

How do you pronounce cocona?

That was an amazing episode. Over the top GATTAI sequences and mecha parodies and all. I never loved this show as much as when I watched this episode.

cockona

That would have been fine if that's the way it went. But the reality is that we were presented with five episodes of unsubtle plot and it was awful.
Whether it 'matters' or not is largely irrelevant. While it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the main set of episodes, in the end there are only 8 of them when there could have been 13, had the writers properly committed to the idea that it doesn't matter.

Reminded me of the mecha parody episode of Abenobashi.