90% of the cast is useful and not just standing on the sidelines

>90% of the cast is useful and not just standing on the sidelines.
>Situation is far more complex then "just beat the bad guy" which has been the plot of Dragon Ball since Piccolo.
>All the other universes fighters are heroes in their own right casing there to be sades of gray everywhere
>Best villain is back better then ever.
>Actual reliance on strategy
>Biggest stakes ever
Why can't see that the Universe Survival arc is best thing to ever come out of Dragon Ball and best shonen arc since Chimera Ant Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmplZojOZJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anime is a visual medium and the horrible animation ruins the whole experience

Because Sup Forums only cares about pretty animation and cute girls and has long since given up on Super.

Stiff and awkward animation takes away from the immersion into the episode.

They've been improving that lately.

I agree with the OP and (OP)

The story idea is awesome.
The animation and NO choreography kills it for me.

ATTAATATTATATATATATATATATATATA to no end. It's not fun to watch. I'd rather read the manga of this arc because the only good animation I've seen lately has been reduced to single shots not scenes.

There is some choreography though.

The real issue is the huge amount of bank animation (re-using alot of scenes from the OP for example).

Alot of the key frames are pretty on point, leading to some really clean visuals, and the lighting and tone of the art reflect the more serious nature of the story arc.

The current animation director who last worked on Pre Cure is doing a pretty good job of setting the atmosphere.

>Best villain is back better then ever
Tao Pai Pai is back?

>implying

I fucking wish
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmplZojOZJY

>shit designs
>implying there is best villain
>muh bigger stakes so every arc is better than prev

I agree

This arc is basically pointless knowing that universe 7 will win in the end anyway (uub)

Frieza being back for like the 4th time now ruins it for me honestly.

Except Goku. He's just a villain. Black and white. Evil as sin.

It is nice to see that non Sayians are useful, that was one of the biggest problems with Z, non Sayians, overall didn't get to do much.

>shit designs
You lost me

>Why can't see that the Universe Survival arc is best thing to ever come out of Dragon Ball and best shonen arc since Chimera Ant Sup Forums?
Because is not over yet.

Good bait, OP. Have a (You).

I just realised Krillin and Roshi are the only two that weren't originally villains.

Nothing in that post is correct on any level.

guys I just finished fapping and my erection is still there what do I do

distract me with some kind of autistic dragon ball super discussion

pls help

Yes I loved when baby Gohan tried to murder everyone before Chichi spanked him.

Krillian actually was a villian. Not a BWAHAHA THE WORLD IS MINE NIGGAS kind of bad guy, but he was a major dick.

I was going to mention him being a dick. Still not technically a villain.

>Set up a big ""tournament""
>It's actually a battle royale
>The arena is just a big dumb flat platform
>The time limit is only 40-something minutes
>Ends up being a huge clusterfuck
Imagine what could've been done with the idea. They could've scattered the participants in a huge, deserted planet that was resistant to the damage like the Kaio one they fought Buu on. Or set-up a series of rooms with various hazards and settings; put 1 participant of each universe in each of them or set up some sort of progression system.
There were so many possibilities and of course they ended up going for the dumbest, laziest one.

Because it comes at the cost of butchering characterization to make it work.

Technically he did when he turned into an ape.

Reminder that Son Goku is beautiful

I wish the saiyans had tails desu, it gave them a unique flavor as opposed to your typical generic shonen with crazy hair, fucking lazy shit ruining his designs because he's lazy, especially considering all the gods are animal-themed it pisses me off we don't get to see their tails change color with the transformations. Also they should progressively look more money-like as they get more powerful, the designs are the one thing GT did better than Super. Super Saiyan 4 is a really cool looking transformation that has just the sort of dirty saiyan ape flavor that a saiyan powerup should have.

>w-w-w-aaaaaaaaa waaaaaaa!!

Oh boo-hoo you big baby. DBS is a fun kids show, if you want muh edgy try hard """"""""shonen"""""""" then go watch Tokyo Ghoul. And fuck off back to plebbit while you're at it.

I'd rather them stay on the sidelines than the series pretending that the jobber crew are making a difference taking out fodder before being taken out themselves making them still irrelevant in the big picture.
They even had to make them look strong by putting them against SSB Goku """""""""holding back""""""""""""""
>Actual reliance on strategy
Didn't Goku and Vegeta just fuck off somewhere and disperse from the start?
I also like how they showed Goku struggling against literal who's and not just punching everyone off in SS2 because he's "conserving" stamina in base form when Z showed he could stay in SS1 for days before turning SSB and doing a kamehameha against fodder.

>having a tournament that isn't an uninspired clusterfuck is edgy and tryhard now
Kill yourself. Japanese kids are watching Curious George over this shit

This arc is like a shitty version of the current arc in HxH where people think it's good cause of the bigger stakes and tons of characters. Except this is just shit.

the main logical flaw with the survival arc is whis and beerus not knowing of any strong people anywhere in all of universe 7 that they can threaten into participating

krillin roshi and tien are kind of interesting, but it feels like a stretch, even for this series, to bring a human to something like this

(You)

While that's true, let's hope that they are saving the good animated segments to the best parts of the fights, as they usually do.

My idea was a putting all the teams on a planet and then making them do objectives while fighting like the forest of death during the chunin exams.

this

I definitely see it. They added so much goddamn depth it is almost mesmerizing watching DB at this level. The characters are built well and there are tense moments that don't just boil down to the main bad guy.

I don't want anyone to disappear, I'm scared.

>Being this much of an edgy fuck
Go back to the jagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan thread faggot

This is a pretty valid point. DBS is still pretty great imo though, it is a step up from DBZ in pretty much every way. My standards weren't too high going in so this show really has impressed me thus far.

Both are shit so far.

Do you think this arc will be the last Super arc?

>I first think it's a bait thread
>nope, people in the thread actually share OPs opinion
No wonder you guys are top contenders for the most cancerous fanbase on Sup Forums. The delusion has hit imesurable levels with you guys

Is this real life?

He just got a universe kill how fucking stupid is goku.

Didn't they already explain that Freeza killed like 90% of the universe.

If you could design the Gods of destruction 's and the angels' uniforms, how would you do that?

The dragon ball fanbase is too stupid to realize something like that.

2/3

Who's the next universe to get erased? I get the feeling it's gonna be Universe 4

None. They'll rebel.

I just don't want Gowasu to get deleted forever. He doesn't deserve this.

DB merch is selling even more than One Piece, no way they're killing this cash cow.

I think 9 and 4 might even be the only ones erased. They're the only ones with "evil" Kaioshin and GoDs that plotted against U7. Both also are the only new GoDs fully designed by Toriyama.

Well, Kuririn will rescue 18 this week. The power difference between them might not be as large as some people here think.

I feel like the order of erasing might go by twin universes if U4 is next, so it could go

>U9>U4>U3 or U10>U10 or U3>U2>U11>U6

But since U11/Jiren has been hyped up so much as a final opponent type deal, they might give the order a "twist" and delete U6 first.

>villain (protagonist) has "I want to fight strong guys" as his motive for killing universes

So much gray.

Don't compare trash like DB to HxH, stop trying to create conflict writing this shit

What if Grand Priest or Zeno made fun of Bulma 's age in front of her?

How exactly does Whis pee with all those clothes on him? He's wearing a sash, a cuirass (which is probably very hard to remove), a long robe and on the top of that, he's also wearing tights underneath.

>90% of the work is still done by Goku and Vegeta, after all these episodes hyping the rest of the cast
>shit is still solved by powerlevels
>only one universe is presented as heroic, for all we know the rest may be just very strong hoodlums coerced to join the tournament, one universe is already out and we learned fuck all about them
>Frieza comes back for third fucking time, apparently got stronger by fantasizing about Goku
>weak excuses to make characters hold back, some strategy prepared, but of course the big guns don't give a crap about it
>stakes so big it doesn't matter anymore, they either win or not, nothing inbetween to make room for unexpected development
I hoped it would be at least a half decent arc, but just like the rest of Super, it's garbage.

>the designs are the one thing GT did better than Super. Super Saiyan 4 is a really cool looking transformation that has just the sort of dirty saiyan ape flavor that a saiyan powerup should have.
Of course. It also helped that Toriyama is incapable of inventing a transformation that isn't a haircut change

>his dick doesn't get bigger when he fantasizes about his waifu
Do you even Freeza? My dick is 10 inches by now, it grows a millimeter everyday I fantasize about my waifu, just like Freeza did, git gud

Don't make that assumption just yet.

>cat reads backwards
>FB_IMG
Kill yourself, m8

>weak excuses to make characters hold back, some strategy prepared, but of course the big guns don't give a crap about it.
This was the problem of the U6 tournament too. Why the only competent participant of U6 had to be Hit? everyone else was a jobber.

Isn't it too soon for you people to be hyping this thing yet? Last time it happened with Zamasu everyone was complaining about what a let down he last 3 or so episodes from that arc were, and I'm sure the same will happen here when comes the conclusion and with it the shocking development of the protags using the dragon balls to undo the damage and all the lost lives.

Vegeta would have to remarry.

This tournament came too soon. This tournament should have been after the End of Z, because we know nothing really happens to Goku's world, as there are no consequences into this.
There was no build up for the universes for we to care, not even the gods.
Battle Royal being a weekly thing is a hard task to do, so animation and even the fights will suck, except for a few ones when Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Jiren, Toppo, Hit and peharps 17 since the hype around him. Piccolo will just do a combo attack with Gohan and lose immediatly. Female Broly will rampage through an episode and then lose.

>manga arc of Tournament of Power
Yeah. That will last 5 years

>they managed to make Beerus a scared guy who can't do anything except cheering on Goku and friends
amazing

Fuck Toei Jews

Will we get Goku actually questioning his choices? Because he's still the same dumbass as ever.

what did he mean by this?

They wouldn't have some universes not participate if it was the last arc.

It's a fucking terrible anime, what is wrong with you people?

That's not even grey. That's fucking pitch black. But also retarded.

What if Goku created Zeno in an alternate timeline?

>Hxh
>3 chapters a year

I don't keep up with Super, but why did Freiza replace Buu?

Because Buu's a lazy fat fuck and fell asleep again.

leaks when?

Let me remind you that Cell's animation could be decent with the grid technique.
Pic related.