Explain yourself

I don't understand how you can say you're a fan or an anime/manga series when you pirate it i.e. stealing from it.

It means you like the story/characters and you don't like paying for stuff if you can get away with it

In my case it means i have no money and that i'd rather keep using this single excuse instead of getting a job.

shut up rarararagi

>digital piracy = theft
nice meme

I'm a living critic!

The courage to love something you steal.

I occasionally buy something I pirated at a later date in order to support the industry, but I would go bankrupt if I bought everything. I just want to enjoy life and help out when I can.

>He doesn't risk legal repercussions for the things he loves

No, user, a true fan pirates, then mails an envelope of yen to the creators.

This

When I pirate it it's probably because it isn't available anywhere else in my country.

Btw for what concerns my two favorite, Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon, I've watched them on Mtv years ago and rewatched them on Netflix so I actually paid for them. Also got all BL volumes on paper cause reading scans makes my eyes pop out

>say you're a fan or an anime/manga series
People calling themselves "Anime fans" or even "Otaku" are cancer.

I can steal a pizza and enjoy it, its the same thing

>paying for something you can get for free

I pirate because I am too fucking poor. I also love food and get it from church handouts and I also love water and steal it from the neighbors. If you want be to watch it legitimately where I do not have alternative, more legitimate viable means to consume the product, so please buy me subscriptions and blu rays. If not, go fuck a cactus with a hungry owl living in it.

>scenario 1
>buy BD / pick it up or have it shipped (if available in my country)
>takes up physical space in home
>it won't play on computer without an "official" software player that has valid BD decryption keys (libdecss / libbluray keyDB never new enough for new releases)
>I can't use my media player of choice and apply my video output filter chain or audio settings
>there aren't even any "official" software players for linux anyway
>stuck having to use a TV, speakers, remote control or xbox controller to watch it

>scenario 2
>download BD rip of choice (faster than shipping or driving anywhere to get it)
>multiple encodes / remuxes usually available; sometimes with enhancements or corrections
>use my media player of choice and apply whatever filters / scaling algorithms I choose
>have the ability to take screenshots or even make webms
>can use my headphones and keyboard / mouse as playback controller with no hassle

>no true Scotsman

this thread is just a bad bait and I feel bad for saying this baiting as well

>how can you say you love heroin when you're getting it illegally

>Explain yourself
You can't expect that from me.

I like it soooo much I'm willing to break the law.

I pirate but I more directly support by buying weeb merch of my favorite shows

>just because you pay no money for something you can't be a fan of it
I'm a fan of oxygen yet I pay no money to breathe it. Checkmate, fag.

Whats so good about oxygen? And dont say it lets you live because thats not something good

Would you pirate a snail?

Well, I am not going to buy something that its aired for free in Japan. also I do import my BD from Japan if I like it and has additional material.

>mfw my flip flappers BD went missing somewhere in california. Got the money back, but couldnt get another BD.

Once Japan gives me an opportunity for well translated and reasonably priced options sure. Importing fucking sucks

It just means that I enjoy it, not that I would pay it. Anyway, Japan is still in the Stone Age when it comes to distribution. They still rely on Blu-ray sales for supporting anime, instead of at least attempting a Netflix-like model like the west did. Internet changed the game, and it's not like piracy will dissappear, but they have to step up their game.

Also, Japan doesn't give a fuck about what gaijins do. If they gave a fuck about us, they would find a way to get some bucks from us, but they only care about their internal market.

Ethical consumption under capitalism doesn't exist.

>MTV
I can tell you aren't from america. Must have been a way better MTV than what we got

I'm fine with people calling themselves anime fans. Calling themselves "weeaboos" or (insert series here) trash like they're hot off of tumblr I'm not

Anime airs on TV
Why would you pay?

But I am not a fan. I specifically come here to Sup Forums to complain every anime is shit.

But i dont say that i am fan anime. I just like it