FMA live action character visuals, discuss

FMA live action character visuals, discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

otakumode.com/news/5966c8a26bf6152f71787e43/Fullmetal-Alchemist-Live-Action-Releases-New-Character-Visuals-and-Trailer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-12/hiromu-arakawa-draws-new-fullmetal-alchemist-manga-for-live-action-film-screenings/.118721
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literal vomit.

Other pics too large
>otakumode.com/news/5966c8a26bf6152f71787e43/Fullmetal-Alchemist-Live-Action-Releases-New-Character-Visuals-and-Trailer

Seems decent.

I like that it's actually trying to look like the source material, it's vexing how rare that is.

>Deathnote
>set in Japan
>all white cast

>FMA
>set in Fantasy Europe
>everyone is asian

why

Is Armstrong in this?

>deathnote made in a studio int he west, FMA made in a studio in japan
how fucking hard is this to understand

Who is Roy? He seems familiar.

>there are no white actors in Asia
>there are no asian actors in the west

but that's exactly how it is. no director will go out of their way to hire actors in their region taking ethnicity as the highest priority, it does not work.

If they're following the manga, based on the villains it looks like they're only covering the father Cornello stuff. Which means probably no Greed :/
Though Lust and co look pretty great, I must say

>actors in visual media do not have to visually look like any of the actual characters or regional orgins of any of the characters.

Really ethnicity is not a priority, the priority is to adapt the series to a movie format with the best actor for the role (and the budget).
While you might argue that finding asian actors for the death note film might not be as hard, if one looks asian, then everyone has to look asian. There are only so many things it can handle really.
Hiring process for a movie and making a movie in general is too complex to really keep "muh ethnicity" as a priority.

realistically speaking, yes, or else japan would never do anime live actions with western settings

look like some edgy rock band

Japanese Curly? Nyuck nyuck

Also it looks like garbage to be honest.

>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-12/hiromu-arakawa-draws-new-fullmetal-alchemist-manga-for-live-action-film-screenings/.118721
Are there more info about this?

Why do they have a RPG-7?

That wrench looks pretty fucking stupid for some reason.

eh, I hope they do more than just that. That was barely the first vol.

it's cool

Me on the right

>discussing something that is not anime or manga on anime and manga board

get out and go to reddit

I remember gintama having quite a few threads about the live action too

Yea, this might give me a sensible chuckle if the acting/action scenes would incorporate smug/horrifying expressions.

this might just be worse than GITS wow

I don't think it'll be too bad, going off Ichi (average) and Ping Pong (good) by same director.

Live-action, drama CD's, stage-plays, concerts, trailers and exhibitions are all anime related. And while creating a thread specifically for this is a candidate for /trash/, the discussion of such content should not be prohibited.

Because
>It looks like it's made of foam
>It's too fucking big

Why didn't they use a real wrench

a merry heil hitler to you to Mein Freund!
What a disaster this already is.

>or else japan would never do anime live actions with western settings
You say that like it's a bad thing and I'm really confused

They shouldn't

Me on the left

I'll never understand Japan's acceptance of stage play adaptations, I haven't been able to sit through a full one.

Is Scar black

Have you never been to the theatre, user? There's a bit of disconnect at the start but once you accept willing suspension, it's a fantastic experience.

Theater is a bad medium

The blondes are meh the rest of the cast looks nice tho.

dang that cat is faaaaaaaaaat

Then why is almost every movie or tv show has one black guy?

"muh ethnicity" is a priority faggot

It could be worse. At least there will be a new chapter and merch. I don't think the movie will try to cover the whole story.

I never understood the boner people have for FMA. It's good, but not great.

whench wench

Japan was a mistake.

Looks whiter than your average American.

I can't believe they managed to make Hifumi handsome.

Leave anime adaptations to us

Tom is handsome

Envy still looks like prime boipucci.
10/10

god i hope not, i want neither of them brought down by this sham of a production.

They said that they're already working on the second film. So I imagine the other homunculi will appear in that.

What are you even trying to imply? Everyone knows that Russian Sherlock Holmes films are the only good adaptation of Sherlock Holmes despite having no brit actors. Even the Queen of your Commonwealth agrees, leaf.

The trailer looked terrible and so will the movie. Every live action Japanese movie is just filled with overacting garbage - like they are trying to be real life cartoon characters with silly faces and wacky poses instead of real people.
Now all we can hope for is the Bleach movie.

Rurouni Kenshin was okay.

Who cares Japs are shit at acting this will suck

Just in case, the actor playing Ed's 165 cm. Heh

Did someone sub this? Oh my god

>not wanting to see japan make ridiculous attempt at an american revolution movie staring all jap actors

Get a load of this weeb faggot

G-guys, should we tell him?

This, Japs cannot act for shit. And all of these actors look fucking horrible. Look how hilariously bad the Attack on Titan live action movie was.

Absolutely disgusting. How dare they do that to best girl Riza and turn her into nasty looking nip.

looks retarderer

they honestly don't give a fuck whether westerners are gonna complain about the entire cast being asian. films like this only need to turn a profit in japan to be considered successful.

they cast a hugely popular idol boy as ed, so they're basically guaranteed all the wota money already.

Who here is hoping this adaptation doesn't suck?

I mean, I'm hopeful since all the AXfags who were lucky enough to see the live action tokyo Ghoul movie in advance said it was the best live action anime adaptation by far

Who is asking for a live action adaptation of an old as shit anime and why are they being acknowledged?

you don't want to know & also do not watch the live action

Why do Japan have a boner for Live Adaptation of anime and manga? It's shit.
Like almost all capeshit movies. Don't tell Sup Forums I was here.

Is this yellowwashing?

Even Mustang is completely off visually, and that's a character that they should be able to do pretty well even with Japanese actors.

Overall, this just makes me appreciate Gintama's visual direction more. It seems like one of the few live action adaptations where they tried to keep the characters' looks beyond clothing.

Yes.

Notably nobody complaining that they didn't cast appropriate races.

Only white people are racist

the new death note isn't set in japan tho, it's in seattle.

it's like you really don't understand what an adaptation is.

So, is this film going to cover THAT scene? You know what I'm talking about.
Nina Chimera.

Do you know that we are in 2017, right?

blame China for that one

>anime

It's a book actually. Not even LN.

No.

So?

I don't see a problem with the cast being full Jap since this is a live-action for Japs, I just know the acting is going to be shit