Has an episode ever been so poorly written that it made you hate the entire series?

Has an episode ever been so poorly written that it made you hate the entire series?

Pic very much related.

Fuck off with your shitty taste, retard.

Is this what a contrarian looks like?

I was loving this show up until this episode.

Isn't Sup Forums literally a board of contrarians though?

Sometimes, but this is one episode I have literally never seen anything but praise for. Either you're a contrarian or you have irredeemably bad taste.

>this episode

You mean this chapter, right user?

>babby's first character development

I think it makes Gon a total hypocrite. He was going on and on about how he didn't like how Kurapika was consumed by hatred but here goes on his own bullshit rage fit.
Gon was supposed to be the character who never let his anger get in the way of his compassion. When he saw the girl he should have cooled down at least a little.

Not to mention Kurapika's hate is WAY more justified. Kurapika watched as the Phantom Troupe killed everyone he knew and gouged out their eyes.

Meanwhile Gon only has Kite who's not even dead yet. You know kite. The guy Gon knew for two weeks tops.

>i'm am incapable of distinguishing character flaws with bad writing
Ok, You should probably get into superman or something, it's probably more up your alley.

Also gon knew kite longer than two weeks faggit.

I think the points have always been that:
A. Gon is Neutrally aspected- He does good things but doesnt always care about bad things. As demonstrated by his friendship with Killua and his not being upset with the pottery forger.
B. Gon is still very much an immature child-He operates mostly at the behest of his feelings and instincts as opposed to acting in accordance with a set of principles.

Gon already had character flaws though you dumb nigger.

His slowness to grasp complex things and his reckless nature. This rage crazy warpath thing came out of fucking nowhere. It's also hyper cliche.

>I think it makes Gon a total hypocrite
Exactly.
>Gon was supposed to be the character who never let his anger get in the way of his compassion
Exactly.

It's easy to be idealistic when shit is not happening to you, but when it gets personal your true colors show up.
That unexpected dose of realism and shonen trope rejection was pure genius.

There's a difference between subversion of expectations and inconsistency. This episode fell under the latter.

He was mostly just mad about how the monster he felt he had every reason to kill turned around and showed compassion towards another human life when no such thing was affored to Kite. Of course it was for the King's sake mainly but he didn't know that and was mostly just having an intense gut reaction to these conflicting ideas. His grief over Kite is a lot less justified in the 2011 anime for sure though.

>stubborn emotional goal focused type gets pissed and emotionally when things start falling for him.
Yeah that doesn't sound normal at all.
From the hunter exams we know gon would trow fits if things didn't go his way even on silly trivial stuff to a normal person, such as the badge with hisoka. Gon Came out of that pissed then depressed to the point where he actively sought for ways to make up for it. Take that same attitude and multiply the events in the chimera arc and it's no wonder gon lost his shit.

How can it be inconsistent when it's his first experience of the sort?
And I don't know where you got the idea that Gon is anywhere close to being lawful good, because he certainly isn't portrayed like that.

Gon has been enstablished for the whole story as a hypocrite.
Every skit with him and Killua arguing shows that - Killua can't do things Gon doesn't like but Gon himself can. His morality is really whatever fits him, he left Genthru alive, he left Binolt alive, and acted similarily in many other occasions. He doesn't really care much about right or wrong, only when an action affects negatively himself or his friends.
He has a loose idea of good and evil though, so there's that.

Just a note, Kurapika didn't witness the massacre, he was outside the village searching for a medic to cure Pairo/exploring stuff when the Troupe massacred the Kurta.

I will never understand how Sup Forums can be surprised at shitty writing in this series. It's always been terribly written.

Compared to what? certainly not it's peers.

It's not. Remember when he was arm wrestling with Nobunaga and get got really angry? He still didn't let it send him into a bloodrage.

Well then that just makes him an obnoxious MC. Gon is that friend who gets mad at you for your annoying habits but refuses to acknowledge his own.

>he was outside the village searching for a medic to cure Pairo/exploring stuff when the Troupe massacred the Kurta

Ah, didn't know that. Makes sense. My point about Kurapika still stands though.

Yes, compared to its peers. Just because you like it doesn't mean it's not just as bad.

>the MC must be either a total angel or a mastermind edgelord

Finally. Some else recognizes shounen is garbage writing.

>i have 2 agree with the mc 100%of the time
You look even stupider in this over simplification

Actually, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not good.
Your subjective opinion is worthless before my objective and qualified judgement of anime writing.

>Gon gets fucked up by a bear on whale island and needs kite to save him
>Kite scolds him and tells him to stop being reckless

>Gon gets fucked up by Hanzo during the Hunter Exams
>Satotz scolds him and tells him to stop being reckless

>Gon gets fucked up in his first match at level 200 at Heavens Arena
>Wing and Killua scold him and tell him to stop being so reckless

>Gon gets fucked up by the bomber in Greed Island and needs an O MY ARCHANGEL card to save him
>gets told he needs to stop being so reckless

>Gon uses all his "nen potential" to kill Pitou and nearly kills himself
>Ging and everyone tells him that he needs to stop being so reckless

20 years and not a single hint of character growth.

Gon is the shittiest MC of all time.

b-but he said he learned his lesson

Yeah, I am sure your record of having watched 300 anime series will one day be recognized by the anime community and people will start listening to you opinion as anime gospel

>all characters need to learn from their mistakes and become more mature to be good
Just like all people do in real life, right?
Stubborn people is not a thing, like at all.

Last episode of Charlotte.

No Gon had already showed himself to be kind of an asshole. He didn't kill a cannibal just because he improved because of him and was willing to spare the Bomber just because he hadn't hurt anyone close to him. This is the first time someone who Gon cared about die and he couldn't take it.Maybe if you didn't have such shit taste it would help.

>your opinion
I only deal in facts, that's why you ain't got shit on my superior taste.

Why would anyone willingly want to sit through 300+ chapters of this retarded 12 year old making the same mistakes over and over and not learning from it?

And not only does he not learn from it, none of the consequences ever really mattered until the Chimera Ant arc, which was fixed by Alluka anyway. And everyone knows Gon is going to get his nen back.

If he's stubborn, make a point about it. Don't asspull him back to life. Just kill him off or leave him a vegetable forever. As it stands, Gon is stubborn and that's it.

I know I watched it but I don't remember what happened. Did the MC get cucked?

Excellent post.

>Gon was supposed to be the character who never let his anger get in the way of his compassion
exactly when did this happen? his hot head always messed up missions, be it at zoldyck mansion, celestial tower or GI, everytime he almost got everyone killed

He was given another chance.Gon is still a little kid. A kid takes time to learn from his mistakes. The alluka thing was kind of dumb yeah but Gons reaction was completely in character.

Feel free to show evidence that your facts aren't just hate facts.

The show made a point about it. It said being stubborn can lead you into some very dangerous situationsand make you do things you regret. But HXH isn't a nihilistic story. It's not saying that once you've made a mistake you'll never have another chance.

it's also true that this stubborness allowed him to perform something that would have been impossible otherwise
the only teaching is that the more you ask, the more you will have to pay

Gon deserves to lose his ability to use nen and be written out of the story for killing best girl.

Besides its Leorio's time to shine now and he deserves to have his own arc for once.

>It said being stubborn can lead you into some very dangerous situationsand make you do things you regret.
Yes, I got this the first 3 times in the first half of the story.
>It's not saying that once you've made a mistake you'll never have another chance.
Gon has had too many chances though. That's the problem. It's tiring seeing him make the same mistakes and then the story expects me to feel sorry for him when he's just a moron.

>Leorio's time to shine
I bet this series goes on hiatus before we even see him.

what is the thing with leoriofags? he's basically gon but more talkative and less skilled

As long as you rely on opinion I don't even need facts to surpass you. When you learn how to make an actual argument I'll be glad to tear it apart with my massive knowledge.

o my chapter when?

So you actually assume that your premise that this has better writing than other series of its kind is true and I need to present arguments against it? Do you even realize how fallacious that is?

Well if that's what you think I can't help it. Gons stubbornness seems to be a consistent character flaw of his.Hes stupidly stubborn in his ideals because he's a dumb kid. HXH isn't a story about what is good and fair and what isn't. It's more of a character study. If the HXH world was fair Killua would have died long ago. That said I think the Alluka stuff needed more set up.

You had the opening statement and claimed that
>it's always been terribly written
Since you provided no facts to back that up, burden of proof is still on your side.
Until then, we're still on opinion terrain, so don't you dare talk to me about fallacies when you're trying to pull a texbook probatio diabolica.

He's got a "bro" tier appeal, really friendly, extrovert, funny, basically like everyone wants to be

Also has a nice "big" bro/cousin factor to him too

Don't insult Leorio like that by saying he is the same as Gon

Leorio is one of the only few morally good people in the HxH world and isn't a reckless retard like Gon. Unlike everyone else who creates hatsus and use nen to kill or hurt people or to use for their own selfish gain Leorio is using his nen for the sake of helping others and saving lives and he'll do it all for free as well especially for the people that wouldn't be able to afford the medical help.

meh killia only get away with it because hes the mc.

you remember he almost screwed his hunter exam just to grab that pussy, yes?

>You know kite. The guy introduced in the very first chapter who told Gon about his father being alive, saved his life when he was a kid and inspired him to become a hunter, effectively changing his whole life and who Gon worked his ass off in Greed Island and pretty much the entire series just to meet up with.
FTFY.
Obviously 2011 made the wonderful decision to leave the guy out of the start so that his introduction would seem like a retcon, so I can't really blame you for anything other than watching a mediocre adaptation.

well we haven't actually seen lerio do any of that stuff.

He's been studying the entire time and the hatsus he created were made specifically when operating on people. We'll finally see Leorio in action soon, this arc isn't just going to be Kurapika only.

the hatsus ging used are ging stuff, there's no evidence beside his conjectures that leorio can do that stuff

Found the faggot with shit taste

>what could have been

I want a brojob from Leorio.

this could not have been

He told her not to touch it

How is he like Gon?

Character growth is overrated anyway. I much prefer the characters to always act according to their mindset than to make them change just to please some shitty OCD audience.

Pitou did nothing wrong and deserved better

madhouse should make an episode 0 ova and that would solve that whole issue, but alas...

>tfw you will never be able to see pitou's smile and cute antics ever again

why live?

killing pitou is one of togashi biggest mistake

This

People don't change their ways that easily or quickly, especially kids. But Gon did obviously learn from his Chimera Ant experience and he's self-reflecting now.

I've never understood why static characters are considered bad. Its an opinion that I only ever see in anime communities mostly. A character changing does not necessarily make them more developed.

That wouldn't fix shit.

it's a god damn travesty

maybe one day we'll get a reminiscing moment

I would let myself get killed by Gon-san so Pitou could run away and live.

>has every episode of a series been so poorly written that it made you hate the entire series
Yes i dropped hunter x hunter after he used his amazing superpower of getting beat up (again).
I somehow watched 24 episodes of this shit.

honestly pitou probably could have escaped if they tried and gon would have just walked around beating up trees

>Pic gery much related
God, you must be very much retarded

top kek you rewrite the post yourself for greentexting?
fucking newfag

sucks for you, the first good arc doesn't start until around 40 eps

It was that or doctor Blythe can ressurect people

>Why would anyone willingly want to sit through 300+ chapters of this retarded 12 year old making the same mistakes over and over and not learning from it?

Because that's about 2% of the entire story?

It's hard to do it for me in a cellphone pad :/

>phoneposter
even worse

What do you mean?

I am hoping she will be ex machined back to life

Not him but I do it sometimes too when writing larger responses on the fly
Where do you think implications came from?

Most of HxH is poorly written

There is literally a quoting function on mobile

And I literally do not post on a mobile, which affords me the convenience of being able to type out whatever I want in less than a minute regardless. What's your point spaghetti hands?

>And I literally do not post on a mobile, which affords me the convenience of being able to type out whatever I want in less than a minute regardless. What's your point spaghetti hands?
would you literally rewrite this? i mean, ok being a neet and all, but even so there's better use of time

He had a similar outburst when he saw the spiders crying for the death of Uvo.

>implying grabbing pussy isn't morally good.

Gon's more of a smash and pass kind of guy.

Can't wait for OP to bitch about Gon-san and how it didn't make sense.

Please (You) me

HxH haters get dumber by the day.