Literally the new Bleach...

Literally the new Bleach. A lack of direction has been there for a while but the current arc is hammering home what a limited story teller Hori is.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/kf86s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

as long as I have froppy I'll never be stroppy.

>A lack of direction
>First chapter literally tells you what the story is about and its end goal
>Something Bleach didn't have at all
Okay

Hori is buying time to think of an actual plot for the villians by slowing the pace down to a halt. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't reach 250 chapters since its so bland

>Bleach is boring
>slow pacing
>3 months worth of chapter taken by side characters
>You will never see your fav chara again for about one year some didn't appear at all in the end
>the only redeeming factor it has is muh power up but it was butchered on the final arc

>Hori is buying time to think of an actual plot for the villians by slowing the pace down to a halt.
Are you fucking stupid or just Spee D. Reader shitpisting?

Actually it's the new Naruto

It started off strong, but it'll start going downhill around chapter 500+

Bleach went to shit pretty quickly (after the rescue Rukia arc)

Has a more summer thread ever been posted?

People still parading this meme I see?

Popular shounen manga are controlled entirely by their editors. The mangaka doesn't have the luxury of creative control or agency, particularly because they're on such a strict drawing schedule they literally don't have time to plan scenario or narrative and still get the drawing gruntwork done. They're just slave illustrators to their publisher and editorial goons, who decide the story well ahead of time based on strict, universally applicable narrative templates and the outcome of popularity polls/sales numbers.

If you wonder why all shounen seems the same after a while, this is why. They all literally follow the same general story outline, because that's what the editors are precedented with as "this sells to our target audience." The directionless stalling periods in the serialization's life are just a period where the sales are exceptional and the publication wants to coast on that success without risking any demographic shifts by advancing narrative or characters meaningfully. The worst thing they could do is tell their story and then run out of story to tell while the series is still making good money, so they'll stall until popularity begins to wane, then push forward major progress to reacquire interest. Standard commercialized writing.

Please have some self-awareness when you consume a literal children's comic book story produced to sell volumes of the children's magazine it's published in.

>It started off strong, but it'll start going downhill around chapter 500+
It is already starting

Nope

"I watched Bakuman like two times so I know the manga industry": the post

Current Arc is the worst user

Which part is the meme?

That BnH is the new Naruto? Or that Bleach is complete shit?

how about one piece and soul eater?

Its not. In fact there really hasnt been an arc I would call bad.
What do you think?

It went to hit after allmight survived. You're fault for still reading.

>one piece
Oda made enough material for it to last 5 years but it became so popular that he expanded it
>soul eater
You're joking right? SE had no fucling direction throughout its run and Ohkubo was just making shit up as he went along

Soul Eater 's fate is pretty comical. Editors didn't think the series had the right stuff to be popular the way they wanted it to be, but recognized it had public attention after the anime. They pushed the mangaka to do Not! because they thought they could capitalize on 'the moe trend' (a great buzzword spewed by every out-of-touch marketing professional in the industry that doesn't understand their target audience at all) instead. The split focus and editor meddling mangled the main series and very quickly killed interest off while Not! missed the mark completely. The two wallowed in mediocrity and declining popularity together until they decided to 'end' (read: cancel) the main series just to get it out of the way.

Soul Eater is a case study in how not to capitalize on the sudden popularity of a work.

>They pushed the mangaka to do Not! because they thought they could capitalize on 'the moe trend' (a great buzzword spewed by every out-of-touch marketing professional in the industry that doesn't understand their target audience at all)
Did you just pulled this shit out your ass?

>the mangaka doesn't have the luxury of creative control or agency
>they're just slave illustrators to their publisher
>who decide the story well ahead of time
The story is shit because they don't have time, yes, but also because the mangaka is usually a bad storyteller. Not because the editor/publisher decides the story for him.

naruto started going downhill after roughly 100 chapters, exactly like bnha

>naruto started going downhill after roughly 100 chapters
>Naruto went down hill during its best arc

I get really bad vibes from this manga, it's kind of funny how the writer can't make an iconic design for deku, like naruto, luffy, or even ichigos original design.

This shit reminds of me of all the shitty new designs ichigo kept getting, then getting thrown in the trash.
It may seem minuscule to plebeians but being so flip floppy and unable to create a single solid iconic design is extremely amateurish of the mangaka, it's really poorly written and conflicts feels so forced and just because, I always life when people try to pretend it's a big three contender.

It avoided Narutos critical mistakes
>Massive power inflation
>Mah darkness
>Not developing side characters
>Ship wars
Sure, the actual plot is shit and the world less interesting than narutos but it's alright.

Sup Forums GET OUT

all this shit came after a while in naruto, at the same point in the story side characters had more focus, power levels were reasonable and the pairings were pretty clear cut

I feel like he wasted all his creative energy on All Might and Bakugou.

>all this shit came after a while in naruto
Nope there were present even in Part I, after the Chunnin Exam there was way less focus on side characters and this is where power scaling went out the window (how is it that jounin class ninja got defeated by genin class ninja without even using their cursed form?)

I feel like the manga peaked at Todoroki vs Midoriya and it hasn't been as good since.

One for All vs All for One was good, but the rest has been a borefest so far.

>Spee D. Reader shitpisting
The fucking irony.
Sit down you retard.

What does a typo have to do with ypu speedreading?

I think this is worse than Marineford Babbies

It's even worse when the actual protagonists looks like Generic 2010s Shonen MC: short, skinny, big brown brush hair, sometimes timid and clumsy.
The Ballroom kid is like that, the Love Zombie kid too, it's all the same shit. Not that shonen was ever notorious for the diversity in MCs, but at least the others had either interesting powers or good designs, Deku has nothing.

What do you mean?

>What do you think?
I think you're an idiotic fanboy and that your opinion is unwanted.

> Hating on mom's design
It's like you never had a mom.

Superman's mom made his iconic costume.
Being a mom is no excuse for having shittaste.

Did you guys just completely ignore the fact that it's supposed to be a shitty copy of All Might's costume? In universe it's not done by a designer, of course it's shitty. It's already immensely improved by the second time it appears.

The spinoff vigalantes is 10x more entertaining and better written than the main shit

He jsut looks like a mutant rabbit

>Superman
>Good
It's decent at absolute best.

The absolute shittaste of shonentards.

Everyone makes fun of it being a shitty costume too. It just gives Deku more room to grow.

>an iconic design
>Luffy, Naruto, Ichigo
None these character designs were meant to be iconic (I'm not even sure why you brought up Ichigo other than you being stupid) they became that way due to popularity hell people hate Naruto's design because it looked nothing like a traditional ninja.

>It may seem minuscule to plebeians but being so flip floppy and unable to create a single solid iconic design is extremely amateurish of the mangaka
Hey dumbfuck, designs are never made to be iconic in mind they become so with popularity. You can say Luffy's design is iconic NOW because the manga is 20 years old you wouldn't be saying a strawhat and a vest is iconic when OP was three years old.
And you're a fucking idiot.
Thats because your tastes is awful and miss the entire point of his conception.

t. Asspained Bleachfag

Nigger are you dumb? He's clearly setting things up. We came off that hype as fuck AfO fight. Build the deku/Baku relationship with their fight. Now he's setting up what shiggy and co are doing. Also clearly showcasing how bad things are with all might gone. Even "normie" yakuza thugs are making a big comeback. Im personally enjoying how he's fleshing out these side characters. It's pretty clear he knows where the story is going, from chapter 1 it's been said this is Dekus journey to become the #1 hero. Sorry you're an idiot.

It being on purpose doesn't change the fact that he's a shitty designed main character, and him being so for so long now is starting to be a problem.

>Thats because your tastes is awful
>coming from a shonenfag
You seem upset, popped in your diaper again, manbaby?

>The purpose of the character resolves around his plainness
>Gets a design that showcases this
>he's a shitty designed because I say so
Great argument kid

> Long standing character arcs take a long time to develop!
Wew lad

The new arc Is dragging too much

Around 2 months for 2 filler fights

>plainness is good character design for a superhero

Have you bumped your head as a toddler?

> Long standing character arcs take a long time to develop!

The problem is when they take more than necessary.
Do we really need 500 chapters of Deku being the shitty-looking underdog that could.

Sorry user you're looking for All Might action comics over yonder This is My Hero Academy, which is the extended foreplay that happens before action comics.

I'm gonna keep saying it, An important character needs to die.

>This is My Hero Academy, which is the extended foreplay that happens before action comics.

But some of the best moments of the manga are when AM gets into action.

>Best Moments of the series come from All Might

>Being this retarded

Also, your reply doesn't refute the fact that this arc is dragging too much, retard.

It's shit because Deku is boring and so is his power

>The new arc Is dragging too much
>More than half way done now
Do you have ADHD or something?

Deku's retarded green hair is iconic enough. Hori is just terrible with most of his costume designs.
>second paragraph
(You)

>So basically all the villains band together, and all of the heroes band together, because as we can see there aren't that many villains or heroes that are actually capable of working on their own

The only good moments are when AM does something though

>58 posts
>20 posters
OP, chill a little with the samefagging.

Goes to show how much of a pleb you are and how you know next to nothing about character design.

> All this onefagging
So basically you just want an intermission of All Might running around punching things?

And when Deku goes full madman: Todo and Muscle guy but it's been awhile. Stain Arc is still good.

streamable.com/kf86s

>That time Deku was being a little bitch because he found out All Might gave One for All to him on a whim
What a pathetic faggot

>It started off strong

No it fucking didn't.
It started off as a generic shonen manga with no identity outside the good art. It was only after the first sports festival when things truly started to get interesting
And right now most of class 1A has their licences and can become actual sidekicks, helping take down real menacing foes.

Yes but Deku will fill All Might's role

There's no tension anymore ever since All Might lived. Hori has no balls

Are you done samefaging OP

Chapter this week was only 10 pages? Is Hori dying?

I'm not OP. I literally just posted

If it wasn't for all the cool fight scenes after blueballing and the pervious arc this could have been the worst arc. Nighteye and Mirio aren't complelling characters but Fatgum squad is

It'd be so much better if AM died, then came back to life, then died for REAL this time, then came back, but died this time for sure.

It only appears so since you're reading it currently. License exam was boring I took a break and breezed through it. This is the same thing. It'll be good in one sitting but the slow weekly nature makes it seem worse then it is.

>Was more concern over the predictiob of AM dying than the fact he was never chosen

How about instead of shitposting you read the manga

>people need to die for high stakes and drama!

Fuck off.

Looks like Grapefag is at it again

Naruto Part 1 handled this pretty well

t. an autistic fag who knows nothing about character design

If you've gotten bad vibes maybe don't go shitting up the threads huh? Or perhaps you just want to spew your retarded autism on us. Dekus costume changes and him getting permenantly fucked up from his power is actually a pretty cool thing Horis doing. Sorry your favorite self insert Mary Sue super-cool looking character isn't the mc.

>this idiot thinks Cap Marvel's design is plain

Can you please rip off your finger and stop posting forever.

It's barely 100 chapter long, and Naruto pre-timeskip was great.

You're an underage idiot.

It's not bleach, backstory for Kirishima is nice, sorry you have advanced ADHD and need constant fighting to keep your retard attention

Do you think that he showcased Chisaki's power just to look cool? Mirio will get blown up just as Deku enters Eri's room.

>him getting permenantly fucked up from his power
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It is very plain

>Deku's retarded green hair is iconic enough
>being this deluded

>and Naruto pre-timeskip was great.
Yeah for one arc

>AM is reckless even though he's getting weaker
>Still manages to live
Come on

Summer Training Camp was bad

>muh boogeyman

if someone Matthew Shepard's that fucking faggot queer grapesfag Id be pretty happy. He deserves death

Maybe great is an overstatement but there's no bad arc in Naruto pre-timeskip, which I guess happened around chapter 200? Hori is pretty shit already.

Nigger did you not read/see? Ligaments are fucked. Hand is fucked. Going too crazy will fuck him up even worse. Jesus Christ you dumb speedreader

>bad
>Madman Deku
No

I want this shit show to end.
Japs should stop admire Cape Shit and come up with something new instead.

Theres no bad arc in MHA either and he's doing things that Kishi faiked to do in Part I

>deathfags

>Deku pls stop punching
>Oh my god Deku you punched please don't do it again
>Seriously Deku it's the last time you can afford to
>Okay now you really gotta quit doing that Deku
>Deku, you literally cannot throw one more punch without life-long injuries
>Okay that last one didn't count, now you can't do it anymore

Can't wait until the next big battle arrive and he's forced to punch but wait actually it's fine now phew.