Is the Steins;Gate movie canon?

Is the Steins;Gate movie canon?

Only the game is canon.

It is canon to the anime and explains his reading steiner and alt personality.

All the animated world lines so far are of the same continuity.

The game might be different, I've never played it.

Canon to the show, but not to the game. Then again, the show isn't 100% canon to the game either.
>inb4 but muh time travel mechanics

/thread

No.

It violates the time travel mechanics.

Finding ways to break the "rules" is literally the point of the whole series

Exploiting rules isn't the same as breaking them.

>implying the series doesn't do both

The rules are never broken outside of the VNs.

*Inside
I need sleep.

All of S;G 0 does that, furthering the point that nothing is set in stone

Do you guys think the 0 anime will do the Promised Rinascimento route and then do the true route?

I hope so. That reunion scene hurt my soul.

S;G0 is bad at explaining things but nothing is broken by it.

It would have to, aren't both that and Vega & Altair needed for the true end?

Oh fug. I had an exam next day after I played it, and this scene made me unable to study.

I dunno, by all intents and purposes, shouldn't Okabe have died in 2025 regardless of whatever Daru did to keep him alive?

There is no such thing as canon and not canon, only different realities.

In one reality, Kurisu is real and she's my girlfriend.

Fuck no, it's fucking garbage that insinuates that Okabe literally avoided Kurisu for a year because "reasons"

It's the worst anime movie following a movie (in terms of plot) I have ever seen. 95% of the S;G doujins are better post-series stories than this shit.

Only drunk Kurisu was good

Yep but I’m wondering how they’ll go from time jumping Okabe to Okabe that just gets a text and knows none of that shit

I need more cute Kurisu-Okabe interactions in my life.

For all intents and purposes, he was dead. The only things that remained of him were his barely functioning mindwiped body and a digital backup of his mind. What mattered is that he was gone by 2025.

Just seems like a stretch to me, sure he was braindead but his body was still alive

user, it's okay to not like it but there are far worse anime movies out there

I'm not going to deny that, but he wasn't exactly "present" in that stretch of time considering his condition either.

When Okabe was told he would be dead by 2025, that never excluded the possibility of him 'just' being braindead in one of the wordlines.

They might show some text that says: meanwhile in another wordline.

If they do that there'll be a flood of retards who think multiple worldlines can exist at once.

Doesn't matter because he had no effect on the world and everyone was told he had died and acted like it. It's basically how they learned the world could be tricked. Even Suzuha was lied to so she'd act the same as always

True, but half of the people in these threads are anime-only and already don't understand the worldlines and the time travel rules

I don't want that to get any worse than it already is.

I honestly can't even remember how the anime even explains the mechanics

Does Suzuha still do her yarn explanation?

>Okabe going to the event horizon/outside of time to save Mayuri and Suzuha whose time machine broke

Will it be that dream he had in S1? At the end of time

S;G Elite makes original obsolete.

It kind of hit me hard when I realised that only in the alpha wordline would Kurisu have the possibility to have a good relationship with her father.

In the beta worldline Faris' father dies and also Suzuha is never in the timeline in order to mentor the two of them. Leading to him going fucking ballistic.

I don't even know if this is canon but fuck it, this part of phenogram at least doesn't really seem to clash with anything

Even in Alpha he hated Kurisu, just not quite enough to get straight up homicidal.

Even the alpha worldline version of her father would go nuts. In that worldline she is praised as the mother of time travel. She had told Okabe her father would go insane once he heard she created a time leap machine

So even after that lengthy phone call he still hates her guts in that one specific version of the Alpha worldline?

I'm talking about the Kurisu route in phenogram, in that route he actually helps Kurisu devise a plan to save Okabe, a lot of it is due to Faris' father being there to tell him stop being such a prick.

This is after she tells him they made a time machine.

ah whoops, somehow forgot phenogram even existed

Shouichi Makise is a jealous bitch in all worldlines.

Phenogram isn't canon.

Fuck you, let Kurisu have at least one timeline where her relationship with her father isn't in the gutter

Sorry user, but her dad will always be a massive cunt and cause her to develop profound self-esteem issues and a low-key electra complex.

is there more of these translated?

Yes, but only part of the set was translated.

Can we just say that in the alpha attractor field there is like, a small chance that he won't act like a cunt and in the beta worldline there is no chance he won't be a cunt?

If it makes you feel better.

I have this one

Thanks bros, I found saw some of the japanese ones but can only make out what's happening through the drawings