Bible

Least cucked version of bible? I have heard it is the KJV, which is the one that I have, but wanted to make sure with the other pol Christians on here.

Other urls found in this thread:

sabbathcovenant.com/newdoctrine/new_testament_altered.htm
theopedia.com/philip-schaff
youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI
youtube.com/watch?v=XySJ_ZGkVDg
youtube.com/watch?v=tcvbHbSSXiY
crossway.org/bibles/esv-study-bible-case/
biblegateway.com
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah 1&version=EXB
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterocanonical_books
web.archive.org/web/20080611131536/http://umsis.miami.edu:80/~medmunds/RSVCEdiff.htm
archive.is/A16Ch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The least cucked is by far the Douay–Rheims

Religion by it's very nature is going to disempower you for the "greater good" whatever that may be.

Many would argue that this is a form of cuckoldry so there really is no escaping it.

Yeah, this user has it right. Do what he does, and worship the earthly and transient, and when the foundation of what is considered empowering changes every half decade or so, bust your ass re-evaluating your life and reconstructing your identity so it matches with the time.

People who use "cucked" unironically are under the age of 20 and have low IQs. Prove me wrong

Stay away from the Scofield bible.

says the memeflag

KJV was changed to support the Trinity.
>Inb4 Jehovah's witness

Use an online interlinear version with a good concordance and contextual criticism.
>sabbathcovenant.com/newdoctrine/new_testament_altered.htm

The link at the bottom is to a a site document the altered verses. Could have been more careful about the way I posted that.

this. all the prot versions are cucked by the eternal kraut

The White Man's Bible

Bro should just read a literal translation bible.

American Standard Version, better manuscripts than the KJV (textus recepticus is crapola), Jewish superstition eliminated, translated by solid academic base

I use KJV. It is alright

Fugg your (((solid academic base)))

A Bible should be translated by believer, not some faggot at a university

You can be a scholar and a believer at the same time, brother.

theopedia.com/philip-schaff

KJV, is alright, but if you're not spiritually connected to go you're gonna have a hard time understanding it.

God*

KJV is the most mis-translated, it got the commandments wrong too which is shit because fedoras endlessly mock Christianity for it.

No they are not wrong. You Catholics are wrong. You ignore the commandment of not making graven images so you can prostrate yourself in front of your idols (that you call saints)

The least cucked is one set on fire. That whole book is cuckery. Turn the other cheek. I think it also mentions spread you ass for Islam because thats what most Christians are doing.

what you mean by"version" is "translation". as no translation is ever perfect, no version will be perfect.

orthodox scholars consider old revised standard version the most precise translation. however the best bible is the one you gonna read.

Least cucked version of the Bible is the one read to you by your priest. Reading the Bible is playing with fire/hell/Satan. Don't let him mislead you

why are there versions if it's supposed to be god's word..where's the original, what's the point of having anything to do with any ((version))

Sup Forums is a Christian board user.

After the destruction of the Temple by the Romans, the Priests under Josephus created Mithraism - an esoteric
society that within 200 years was comprised of the Roman military including the Praetorian guard who deposed
and installed Emperors at will. In 313 AD they switched out Mithraism to Christianity (basically the same thing)
and Rome fell under control of the ancestors of the high priests of the temple they destroyed a couple of
centuries before. Christianity is a Jewish trick to subvert and control the Roman Empire. Every follower of
Christianity is by definition a cuck.

Really user?

>Least cucked version of bible?
The Quran

Those who have a sword but keep it sheathed shall inherit the earth

King James bible is the best english translated bible out there, no catholic lies in it.

The KJV is the one. Avoid entirely modern versions that are based on the (((critical text))).

ISV
direct translation from hebrew and greek
no latin or german inbetween
not in print yet

KJV is the only one that gives the true Gospel in English

youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI

hope you mean nkjv, arguing here on Sup Forums someone quoted the kjv corinthians 13 where it translates love as charity. that's just terrible. and that's just one quote, i wasn't comparing other stuff, but by the quick glance old kjv looks like meme bible, too hard to comprehend

Very true. I got a really nice copy recently after much research.

1Co 13:1 If I speak in the languages of humans and angels but have no love, I have become a reverberating gong or a clashing cymbal.
1Co 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can understand all secrets and every form of knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains but have no love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 Even if I give away everything that I have and sacrifice myself, but have no love, I gain nothing.
1Co 13:4 Love is always patient; love is always kind; love is never envious or arrogant with pride. Nor is she conceited,
1Co 13:5 and she is never rude; she never thinks just of herself or ever gets annoyed. She never is resentful;
1Co 13:6 is never glad with sin; she's always glad to side with truth, and pleased that truth will win.
1Co 13:7 She bears up under everything; believes the best in all; there is no limit to her hope, and never will she fall.
1Co 13:8 Love never fails. Now if there are prophecies, they will be done away with. If there are languages, they will cease. If there is knowledge, it will be done away with.
1Co 13:9 For what we know is incomplete and what we prophesy is incomplete.
1Co 13:10 But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways.
1Co 13:12 Now we see only an indistinct image in a mirror, but then we will be face to face. Now what I know is incomplete, but then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.
1Co 13:13 Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

yep, love this quote, captures the very essence of christianity

If anyone wants to start getting into some bible stuff for the first time, just read the most interesting ones.
Revelations is 1/3 prophecy and is a pretty fun read.
Book of Enoch is so based that THEY got together and kicked it out of the bible even though it was found with the dead sea scrolls.

The original is written in Greek and it’s not hard to find to find. Unfortunately, not all of us speak Greek yet so we have to rely on the least jewed English translation.

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

This is true. Fortunately, I know a priest who speaks fluent Greek.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=XySJ_ZGkVDg

amen brother

Either NWT or Youngs literal
KJV is also good

Whichever you read, study doctrines and teachings thoroughly using lexicons and such

Let's nail this once and for all. Bibles are either obvious platitudes or irrelevancies, and bear absolutely no relation to the notion of human rights, or equality or any other of the Enlightenment ideals that form the basis of morality today.

Ugh, i would skip Revelations for beginner, that I think was the last book to enter the Bible, and at least Orthodox Church never uses it in liturgies.

>NWT
Jehovah Witness get out.

Dead Sea Scrolls?
Enoch? What?

I've grown up Christian and even confirmed in 8th grade but that is the extent of my religious education. Where can I find these to read?

There's a fairly good and honest discussion over on /christian/ regarding Bible canon
8ch /christian/res/597596.html

Rick Wiles recommends some of the writings of the early Church Fathers, such as The Didache written by the 12 Apostles
youtube.com/watch?v=tcvbHbSSXiY

I am over 20 and yet you are a cuck. Checkmate.

What's a good study Bible?

If you really want to understand the Bible, cross reference with multiple versions, KJV included. Only plebs stick to one version

Patricians read the Bible with 5 versions at once.

King James Version.
It is a direct word for word translation of the original Greek bible. If you want the true bible
You need to read that Ancient Greek one.but you can't Ancient Greek. So the closest, which is a literal translation, can only in English be the King James Version. Look up pastor Anderson explaining it

Crossway ESV study Bible. It's a personal treasure of mine.

crossway.org/bibles/esv-study-bible-case/

It is my most prized possession. There's so much to learn, it's incredible. It's like a theology course in one volume.

Whatever your Church recommends and you'll actually read. In the time of Internet you can access all versions easily
biblegateway.com

On Sup Forums there is much more questions about form than about essence - how to read the Bible, what an I trying to achieve...

It's highly recommended you do not read the Bible with study notes embedded in them (it's fine if the study notes are separate from the Bible). However a good translation you may want to look into is the Expanded Bible translation (EXB)
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah 1&version=EXB

>It is a direct word for word translation of the original Greek bible.
no it isn't

To clarify, EXB isn't a "good" translation, but it's a translation that can assist you in understanding the historical context behind certain text.

You can do that with a study Bible. If you want to read the pure text, then just read the pure text. If you don't understand the context, then you can read the notes. It's silly to avoid knowledge when it's presented to you.

knox for literary value, douay rheims for strictly proper biblical canon

t. catholic

The Holy Spirit will provide you with the study notes.

And one of those versions needs to be an interlinear with the original greek text included.

Well it's good to have some notes from other people who have received the holy spirit as well. You can do both. No point in denying yourself perspective, whether you agree or not.

King James for sure. Only. No extra garbage Catholic catacism, no separate creed. It specifically mentions in the bible not to add or take away. Why they do is beyond me.

This, or read Latin Vulgate

If Revelations is meant to happen, holy. fuck.

Also, what do you christians believe happens to our souls when we die? I'm lutheran and they say they believe they go to heaven when they die. But, regarding Revelations, there is going to be a 'new' heaven as I understand it?

The one invented by Jews which tell you to treat people nice

Fucking Catholic get the fuck out you stupid retard

Agree

There are literally bibles that call lucifer by Jesus name, and which is opposed to the trinity. They are literally Kabal-tier lies. Everyone who says other than King James is literally not Christian searches Wikipedia, a fucking Catholic or Protestant or a shill

Yes, 3.5 years into tribulation the good people who have refused the mark of the beast (biometric chips?) will be raptured (beam me up scotty?). Then we will be taken away for 1000 years and be made immortal. Then god just fucks up all the pedos and remakes earth. Then he sets us back down after 1000 years.

>king james bible is the one true bible
>protestants are dumb
?

Religion is rules for the weak and guidelines for the strong. The strong naturally act moral and the Bible acknowledges it.

HOLY SHIT FAGGOTS
BIG HAPPENING
idk if you fags believe in the Mandela Effect or not
But the bible has been changed right before our eyes
There are NEW chapters in the bible now that were not there BEFORE this mandela effect shit started taking place.
>BOOK OF NAHUM
> BOOK OF EZRA
>BOOK OF HABAKKUK
>BOOK OF TITUS
> BOOK OF OBADIAH
> BOOK OF ZEPHANIAH
> BOOK OF HAGGAI
> BOOK OF JUDE
> BOOK OF NEHEMIAH
These chapters WERE NOT in the Holy Bible before.
They have fucking appeared in the bible out of nowhere.
Anyone even remember these books?
I'm telling you niggers, the Cern Hadron Collider has fucked up our time lines and has crossed our dimensions.
there are also bible changes and stuff that has been added to the bible
There are also NEW ANIMALS that have
popped up
> tree kangaroos
> blue lions

I'm fucking goncerned

See pic-related.

It's real.

Invested all my points in strength. Which Christianity is not.

>159767481
It was an atheist board before being Chistian became edgy.

Okay Justin Trudeau.

The Bible (if you’re reading an uncucked version) is the literal history of the human race without jew indoctrination. I wonder if CERN is actually changing the past. Could CERN be a Babylonian time machine?

The Catholic Church is the most cucked church on earth you fuckers have no business telling anyone how to read their Bible, and that's coming from an atheist

>Also, what do you christians believe happens to our souls when we die? I'm lutheran and they say they believe they go to heaven when they die. But, regarding Revelations, there is going to be a 'new' heaven as I understand it?

I'm an Orthodox and here's roughly how we interpret life and death.
When you die you will live, and live in the presence of God.
If you were able to achieve THEOSIS during life, you will feel that presence of God as an infinite love and enjoy (you will still work to perfect yourself to the image of god to infinity).
However if you didn't you'll feel the presence of God as a torture (and we don't assume literal torture) because you can't participate in His love. You'll still have a chance to improve yourself, but will have much harder time without the body which was the right vessel to help you combat all the sins and cravings during your life.

>sacred texts
>translated
pick one

douay rheims bible no argument.

>okay justin trudeau
Name a flaw with my interpretation of "the meek shall inherit the earth"

It really isn’t though. That doesn’t make it a less perfect translation though, we are translating the word of God, not Greek.

Kek, Lucifer isn’t a character in the Bible and kick calls Jesus the bright and Morningstar as well, you absolute retard.

Jesus is a myth idiots! Fucking Christcucks are sullying the board. This a rule violation. How the fuck is this shit acceptable on Sup Forums? Disgraceful.

Did you get lost on your way to reddit?

>being this mad about being reminded god is real.
Why not just ignore the threads just like you ignore God?

Least cucked = still cucked

Because Jesus never existed.
You know the giant revivalist churches in America are run by literal Satanists, right?

the original sumerian stories the old testament plagiarises and edits

What the fuck are you talking about? Christ called sinners to repentance.

There is even this verse: "A soul that is full shall tread upon the honeycomb : and a soul that is hungry shall take even bitter for sweet."

You are totally confused.

That’s a funny way of saying the Sumerians recorded the same real life events.

The Quran

Kikeistani detected. Fuck off IDF.

Another butthurt Jew detected.

>revised standard version
I'm Catholic and I agree somewhat.
2005 Revised Standard Catholic Version (Oxford press Edition) although they are out of print and expensive. Second The Jerusalem Bible NOT the New Jerusalem.

Secondly your Bible Must contain all the Deuterocanonical Books or it is not a Bible.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterocanonical_books

It is important because if you don't have such a Bible you will not understand that the Jews are Edomites and not Hebrews because you cannot read about the Maccabean Wars. You will also not understand purgatory. Protestant Bibles (KJV etc) do not have it.

I'd get a Douay Rhiems for the Old testament and a Revised Catholic Version (Oxford Press if you can find one) or (Ignatius Bible) for the New Testament.

These pages break it down.
web.archive.org/web/20080611131536/http://umsis.miami.edu:80/~medmunds/RSVCEdiff.htm

archive.is/A16Ch