Did Togashi ever give a reason why tutu hakusho ended this so awkwardly...

Did Togashi ever give a reason why tutu hakusho ended this so awkwardly? He could've at least finished the fight with Yomi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc
youtu.be/Kn4btkY7I5c
tickingtimepalm.tumblr.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Laziness.

He was already having the onset of his chronic illness by late YYH, so that might be why he decided to can it awkwardly.
That said, why he thought he could manage launching and sustaining a whole new WSJ manga afterwards is beyond me.

Muh back problems

He wanted to end it at the Sensui arc but kept going anyway.

That's a shame, I wonder why he just doesn't go for a monthly title instead. I like HxH but YYH was something else and could've had another arc or two before ending

I'm rewatching the anime and it's still as good as I remember, dat sensui arc was one of the best bits of television ever. I want to get the bluray but I'm not sure how worth it it is

He was fed up that editors were forcing him to do this and that. He wanted to kill one of the MC

I wonder which one? why he didn't keep kuwabara or genkai dead after the dark tournament

>dat sensui arc was one of the best bits of television ever.
Are you serious?

It's fucking shit.

Different strokes for different folks, i do think The ending was rather anticlimactic but the start all the way to the actual opening of the portal was solid

Sensui is one of the shittiest villains i've ever seen

>SUDDELY THERE'S THIS GUY, AND HE WAS A SPIRIT DETECTIVE TOO, AND HE I SUPER COOL, HE HAS SVE PERONALTIES< AND HE HAS THE BEST MARTIAL STYLE EVER, AND HE HAS THIS ULTRA COOL POWER THAT TAKES 40 YEARS TO MASTER BUT HE DID IT SOONER BECAUSE HE'S SO COOL

Yeah, no.

>le dragon quest xD
I think Reddit may be more fitting for you

>le
>xD
>reddit may be more fitting for you
The irony.

I wish I could find the translation, but basically, Togashi felt like YuYu Hakusho was becoming a drag and that he hated the pace at which Jump was making him go. He wanted to end the series well before it actually concluded, so he ended it as soon as he could for selfish reasons. And he is sorry for that as well.

This is why he has free reign to do Hunter x Hunter as he pleases, because he made Jump lots of money and they let him fuck off to do things at the pace he wants to do it.

I really loved that arc, too honestly. But I will admit the ending is just anti-climactic and Sensui's Holy Chi and Mazoku Yusuke are just straight asspulls. But that can't take away from the entire arc and all the backdrop for it. It was just really captivating.

You know the most annoying part to me wasn't that, it was the reveal of the spirit defense force. There being other spirit detectives makes some kind of sense, the entire concept of spirit detectives makes no sense if they already have a dedicated force that can go to both human and demon world

Do you guys think we'll ever get funimation translations of the movies?

I didn't think twice honestly. They're like a SWAT team for A ranked and above threats and Yusuke is like a private detective for the B rank and below threats.

What was Sensui's plan for when the hole he tried so hard to make got fixed immediately?

He wanted to die in the demon world user, I think the whole unleashing hell on earth was partially a cover. Also implying he wouldn't have killed the SDF the moment he finished with yusukes team

Weekly publication routine is INSANE, few long running publications won't suffer from labor problems at some point.

Because it was never suppose to go on for so long. Togashi wanted to end the series much earlier, but JUMP wanted him to keep going because it was popular. He even states this himself.

But he didn't need a hole to get into the demon world, he's a human. Why did he even bother kidnapping Kuwabara?

I feel the better question is how did he know that Kuwabara was going to develop dimension cutting powers?

he didn't knew specifically kuwabara would develop this power, he was trying to search for someone among the humans who started developing strange powers due to the opening of the portal to demon world. He only found out kuwabara could do that after he fights against mitarai, in manga he was bugged, don't remember if it's the same in the anime

I hear ya that wasn't a plot hole and I still say sensui would've killed the sdf after he finished fighting.

Burn out. He wanted to end it one arc earlier but jump had him keep it going.

apparently Kuwabara was really supposed to die with Toguro stabbed him and Yusuke would have to choose between him and Genkai for coming back.

Yusuke was supposed to handle small cases while the defense force deals with the huge stuff.

Hell, they only went to the Dark Tournament because Toguro forced them to. Nobody had any idea about Sakyo's portal plan until WAY later

Togashi actually wanted to do some crazy shit like reveal that the entire series was actually a TV series and the characters were actually actors but of course the editors wouldn't let him do that.

And this is why Oda, Toriyama and Araki are better. They keep going like real men.

They're just different kinds of people. Oda's art isn't anything special, nor is Toriyama for that matter. Araki and Togashi are a lot more skillfull at their best. Togashi just needs certain conditions to bring out his best.

Togashi fucking hated the editors so he went "screw you guys I'm going home"

this will happen in HxH as well btw

that explains the ending with the anime

>what should we do with all the footage we have

>archive/box it up

>They keep going like slaves
FTFY Togashi's laughing at them while sipping his cocktail on Bahamas beach 8 months a year

Yusuke vs Sensui (Cave) > Yusuke vs. Toguro > Yusuke vs Sensui (Demon world)

>implying japanese have fun

>nobody posted the OP

youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc

>He wanted to end it at the Sensui arc but kept going anyway.

how WOULD it have ended at Sensui?

>english version
Consider suicide.

They fight to a draw and Yusuke defeats him with the power of words
>The difference between us is I had friends!

sadly, as much as I disliked that arc... that actually sounds much cooler than what happened and stays with the general theme of the show

I mean the whole arc was literally pointless.

Sensui succeeded in ripping a hole into the demon realm, and nothing bad happened because they just fixed it afterwards immediately. Its not like he could really do anything bad to the demon realm, he was weaker than the average guards for the big demon lords.

>tutu hakusho

The whole cast of Yu Yu Hakashu is transported to Princess Tutu.

Honesty, I would have been satisfied with the end of the Dark Tournament being the end of the show, or a continued romance arc with Yusuke and Botan. but they did what they did. then created some longer dumber arcs

I liked some of the later chapters in the manga. They reminded me of the start when Yusuke was going around doing good deeds as a ghost.

Araki went monthly, otherwise JoJo would be finished right now.

yeah, that's when i was thinking her was going to trade up and hook up with botan.

>oda and toriyama's art aren't anything special
They're probably the two best mangaka who are cartoonists more than "I draw storyboards for an anime". Urasawa is up there, too, of course.

Simple line art, expressive faces, and personality in character design. Just because it doesn't have a million cross-hatches across it like Miura's art doesn't mean it isn't something special.

Toriyama is currently just sitting back in comfort letting Toei do all the heavy lifting of DB Super for him now. Togashi could profit from that example by doing the same with Madhouse.

you are flat out wrong about toriyama

i'm no talking about either

toruyama's use of perspective hasn't really been matched in the in action shonen to this day

If you honestly think Yusuke x Botan ever had any chance of actually happening then you are sorely mistaken. You're certainly allowed to ship it and Botan's definitely the better woman, but Keiko's character was created for the sole purpose of not only being Yusuke's love interest but also his connection to humanity. Can't have that if you're dating a shinigami.

>Whole arc was literally pointless

WHAT

>Yusuke an co.'s presence in the demon world catches the attention of the three leaders
>Kurama in the manga literally says that Sensui indirectly caused an investigation into how Enma and high-ranking Spirit World personnel would bribe or brainwash demons to commit crimes in Human World
>Which causes Enma to be impeached and the barrier between Human and Demon World to be lifted

How did the manga end?

If I remember correctly, the anime ends with this big tournament in the demon realm that Yusuke loses, and then he just sort of starts doing whatever he wants. I liked the anti-climax of it. He found a fight that it was ok to lose, which meant he could start living life on his own terms again. I liked imagining how he would work out living a normal life despite being one of the strongest beings in existence.

This "One Piece has some of the best art in publication right now" meme is going to be the death of me. Oda's definitely good at conveying motion which I certainly give him props for, a lot of mangaka struggle with this, but I don't think it counts for much when everything else looks so bad. To me it looks like he took Toriyama's style and then made it even more cartoonish. Plus I mean, people bitch left and right about same face in various series but One Piece doesn't seem to get brought up despite being very guilty of this offense. All the attractive girls look alike. The ugly ones could be found in any Western cartooon.

The whole arc was pointless as in stopping him served no point.

They could have just said okay whatever and let him fuck off to the demon world to get murdered by the first S rank demon he ran across.

Instead they tried to stop him and failed, hell them trying to follow him into the demon world to get revenge is the reason for like 90% of the fallout.

>the barrier between Human and Demon World to be lifted

This plot line was stupid and I'm glad it didn't have a chance to linger and fuck character dynamics or established lore up more than it already did.

Enjoy your hiatus by the end of the month.

Anime did a lot more with the fights.

The manga showed a little bit after. Koemba started investigating his father and the history between human world and demon world. Koemba found out that when the two were more closely linked, Demons didn't actually feed on humans and didn't interact as much as you would think.

Eating humans as their only way to feed was propaganda by King Enma to help assert spirit worlds control over it and the human world. Enma would capture and brainwash demons to false flag into the human world to continue to push the narrative.

Koenmba kicks him out and removes the barrier. However Enma's special enforcer task goes rogue and tries to activate some laser thats going to fuck shit up, so Yusuke/Kurama/Hieh/Kuwabara all team up again for one last mission to take them down.

Then it ends.

You can't deny how badass it was when Kuwabara slice the barrier in the heat of the moment just to get a shot at Sensui, completely disregarding the safety of the human world

They started to fight and we got a cool splash page than smash cut to Yusuf's losing quick montage of the fat dude winning and that's the end of the arc. He kept it going for a few more issues with some small detective stuff than it just ends

Are you hitting the wrong keys or do you actually not know his name is Koenma???

For the record ko + enma = small/child Enma

Just read his notes from the volumes, he explains it in the last two or so.

Cartoonish does not equate to bad though. I don't get that shitty meme. Realistic art is not inherently better than cartoons.

>Eating humans as their only way to feed was propaganda by King Enma to help assert spirit worlds control over it and the human world. Enma would capture and brainwash demons to false flag into the human world to continue to push the narrative.

youtu.be/Kn4btkY7I5c

This one was always my favorite but I liked all of the ending songs

>English again

Jesus, the English OST is so fucking shit

kys

One piece's worst quality is how crowded the panels are. Seriously, it has gotten so bad. A couple months ago I marathoned the entire manga and it become really apparent some time around Punk Hazard give or take. Any good qualities Oda has are cancelled out by that. Also, I miss qt Nami. Now we have titty monster Nami and titty monsters that look mostly like her.

It almost sounds like something Sup Forums would make up, doesn't it?

Robin looks fucking awful too. In fact, Oda's female characters have started looking extremely sameface in general. There used to be SOME distinction in his faces, but now they look nigh-identical. There are parts where Robin looks just like Hancock and it's fucking disgusting.

I like both Japanese and English versions of the songs it's nice to see they cared enough to actually translate them

>Botan's definitely the better woman, but Keiko's character was created for the sole purpose of not only being Yusuke's love interest but also his connection to humanity. Can't have that if you're dating a shinigami.

well yeah, but yusuke's huminty only became an issue in the sensui and demon world arcs, up till then he could still have SOMETHING with botan.

So does that mean Raizen starved himself to death for literally no reason?

tickingtimepalm.tumblr.
com/post/74394683964/yoshihiro-togashi-interview-after-the-conclusion

Sorry for tmblr, too lazy. ban me.

Everybody post the pictures of the number one punk of sarayashiki junior high

He's wrong when he says that demons don't feed on humans but not wrong about the propaganda and exaggerating the crimes of demons thing.

Anyways the reason why Raizen starved himself was because he promised to himself that he would not eat another human until he met with his lover again. So it wasn't out of some sense of "respect" for the human world or anything like that

After seeing Yu-Yu on Blu-Ray, it makes even the highest quality dvds nearly unwatchable in comparison.

Is it still full screen? I've got a tube TV set up for older games and classic tv watching (the wii and Netflix is a dang good combo for that) and it's pretty great watching them on that despite the changing dvds every 3 to 4 episodes

>One piece's worst quality is how crowded the panels are.
I absolutely agree
I think it was already thing by the time they got to Fishman Island

does it commentaries?

Doubtful, it's more coincidental than anything, he didn't go monthly because he couldn't handle it, he went monthly because his stuff didn't fit with WSJ anymore and was getting nothing from that magazine even though it was selling well enough it didn't matter what magazine it was in

Being monthly means he puts more effort into the art but he didn't have to go monthly