Itukaminoreba (Someday, We'll Get There) Fighting Game Tanoshii

With all the video game-related anime and manga floating around, this one has popped up very recently and is kindly being translated by Yuri Project.

Think Saki but with arcade machines and fight sticks.

Dumping first few chapters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That was a good start, let's try that with a hi-res cover.

This isn't the Tanoshii I'm looking for.

To sum up the MC - she's pretty unassuming, not great academically or popular in school, and is about to be shipped off to Vegas to help support her father's MMA dream.

>video game-related anime and manga
Has there been one yet with a scene where the MC yells at their younger sibling for bothering them while playing an online game, then the MC realizes they left their mic on?

Don't look at me, blame Ritz for allowing similar stories to be fleshed out while she lounges around with Igarashi and Saya.

MC spots a schoolmate.

Schoolmate walks into an arcade.

MC catches a glimpse of a stream of a certain fighting game tournament that's actually happening this weekend.

There is nothing quite like playing head to head in an arcade.

MC's got that determined look.

>not perfect-ing your opponent
Scrub.

I think every fighting game player has been on the receiving end like this at some point.

Here's your perfect right here.

Schoolmate is pretty competent at fighting games, it seems.

>Is this your first time playing this game or something
Wow, rude. Even if it is true.

This manga does go deeper into fighting game mechanics and mentality than I originally expected.

It also delves into this girl's delusions into turning esports.

It's unique and all but I don't see how lesbian power could possibly make a fighting game manga exciting.

Unique but not gonna get far.

Enough basics, back to beating down on the poor newbie.

True, I don't see it having lesbian super powers like Saki but it'll be a fun little read while it lasts, especially for fighting game enthusiasts.

Something's triggered the schoolmate.

Besides, it'll be more about the head to head competition that will make it exciting, which a lot of sports series excel at.

>[MUH PRO ONEECHAN INTENSIFIES]

Fighting game fans will appreciate the frame data.

Though it's a 2D fighting game, they don't really have mids, they're usually called overheads instead.

18 frame is fucking long. Retard. Try 12 or 10.

"This, this pressure"

Maybe it's a special low? To be fair, 18 frames might be plenty against a novice to spot.

MC is leaving for today, and she's made up her mind to support her dad.

Schoolmate has other ideas.

Maybe the series might attract more interest if the fighting scene gets better. But looking at it now, there's still a long way to go.

It's that "Nodoka reaching out to Saki" moment.

It's that "I don't enjoy playing mahjong" moment.

There's a ton of series with great ideas that don't stick around forever, we'll just have to enjoy what we get with this particular series.

MC (and life) is about to move on when someone calls out to her.

That was a pretty quick transfer, to be fair.

Did she stalk her home?

>Don't move to another country so you can play games with me!
This doesn't sound very convincing.

"Let's go to the Nationals!" or something to that effect.

And that was Chapter 001 of Itukaminoreba/ Someday, We'll Get There.

>This doesn't sound very convincing.
It gets a whole lot weirder in the next chapter.

>Think Saki but with arcade machines and fight sticks.
You have my full attention now.

I wonder how this will stand with Hi Score Girl

Hold up.
>(2) ching chong nip nong : Triangle-marked??
>(3) Blank : Tick correct
???

I think it's time for Chapter 002.

I spot some Hori HRAP Hayabusa sticks.

>2 girls alone playing with joysticks
I'm sold.

Misunderstandings, misunderstandings everywhere.

Poor girl's gonna be dragged into fighting games kicking and screaming.

Poor TV-kun.

Technically most TVs will have more than 12 frames of input lag anyway, so ideally you should play your fighting games on monitors (though TVs are infinitely more convenient).

The struggle is real when the most up-to-date version of a game is stuck in the arcades.

On second thought, that was entirely off-topic.

I actually know Melty Blood players who play purely on keyboards (the hitbox is a hybrid between a fight stick and a keyboard anyway). There are certain things that these controllers allow people to do that you wouldn't be able to do on a normal joypad or joystick (hold backwards while walking forwards, etc.).

I also know people who can't remember what it's like to be a beginning player and not allowing someone to explore a game's characters for themselves.

Yes there are apps for frame data for specific fighting games, they are serious business.

A lesson in how not to introduce someone to the world of competitive fighting games.

youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

In other news, there are Jehova's Witnesses everywhere, you cannot escape them even in Japan.

And she's gone.

Truly the worst.

A different day, a different arcade.

More rhythm game-oriented.

"A New Warrior Has Entered The Ring"

It seems MC's natural talents extend to rhythm games too (no surprises really, they both require good reflexes).

Uh-oh, this conversation only goes one way.

This hoodied girl must be a rhythm game fanatic or something.

Yup, mysterious hooded girl said it.

"Fun"

This is how the world ends, by making things tanoshii for people.

She sort of gets the point, but at the same time completely misses it.

I think she's forgiven for now. But who is the mysterious hooded girl? Guess we'll find out soon.

That's it for Chapter 002. Might dump the last one in a bit, gonna make some tea first.

Right, onto Chapter 003 of Fighting Game Tanoshii.

Really? PSP?

Looks like Shijou is actually the popular, smart and sporty but mysterious girl at school.

Also looks like Mino isn't as unassuming as she thinks.

Not quite the club anyone expects, but there is good reason.

You know you're poverty when you grow vegetables to scrounge change and fund your arcade habits.

Explanation on fighting game "frames" incoming.

No love lost between these two then.

That's basically how I get into fighting games - finding the fun first, then learning the intricacies.

I smell a challenge approaching.

So not only is Mino competing, she's the prize between their little squabble.

Looks like ZTT used to be a known player in her local scene before she got the rhythm game bug (wouldn't be the first time it's happened to people).

This can only go so well.

>asking for coins so she can tryhard even more

That naive confidence.

not*