ITT books you consider necessary to read

I saved this list of books from the other day, to try and fill in the gaps of books I haven't read myself yet.
Of the ones on this list, I've read Nicomachean Ethics, Marcus Aurelius, KJV, and Animal Farm.
Am reading currently Republic in full, and intend to read all the books on this list. What other books do you consider necessary anons to be politically, as well as philosophically, knowledgeable?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!IgYGAL6T!mxss2ZRjSv8_4gkPSxDhfA!d5Qw0TLB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hemingway
Bukowski
Bradbury
Huxly
Tolkien

My favorite authors

MEditations
The republic
Moby dick

Moby Dick is a phenomenal and underrated book. My senior english teacher loved it and made us read it despite teaching a British literature course. Some of our conversations about that book were the deepest I've had about any literary topic
Tolkien is imo perhaps the last great author of Western civilization

I'll just leave this huge book collection here:
mega.nz/#F!IgYGAL6T!mxss2ZRjSv8_4gkPSxDhfA!d5Qw0TLB

The Iliad
Paradise lost
The Holy Bible KJV
the aristocrat's reading list

You forgot to include Confessions by St. Augustine
>Confess and repent you heretics

Notes From the Underground should be required reading for every single person who ever visits Sup Forums or greater Sup Forums in general

Do you read any books that aren't completely useless?

Read everything by Kissinger
Read everything by Zbigniew Brzeznski
Read everything by Eswar Prasad

Remember what you came for.

Also blacks are bad news mmk

I've read the Iliad, and segments of Paradise lost. Need to finish that though.
Seeing all these brainlets I go to school with who have no political knowledge beyond muh Obama is pathetic. I haven't nearly read anything, yet I'm still know the idea of the social contract from Hobbes.
I want to get a solid patrician grounding in my roots, however.

gulag archipelago appears to be missing from these.

Is Marcus Aurelius hard to read?

And putting Hegel on that list is pretty funny. That's some hard shit! Just listen to a couple of podcasts on the guy.

I like Nassim Taleb. I think he's secretly /ourguy/ and he has some great insights. He's very much an anti enlightenment dude without venturing too much into esoteric land like Mr. Peterson. The Black Swan really points out lots of problems that this society has in regards to how we relate to information and the world in general.

Ralph Waldo Emerson's essays Nature and Self-Reliance.

bump

For those that are economically illiterate

>Is Marcus Aurelius hard to read?
No.