Are you ready for cheap houses Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archedcabins.com/gallery.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I live in San Jose, California.

Cheap houses are not a thing here.

Cheap to buy or cheap construction? Cos we already have the latter.

Hmmm, possibly. If I can buy one with straight up cash. Not gonna finance with rising interest rates.

You can buy land and build your own for way cheaper than buying a shitty plywood house. Rural living is superior anyways.

£500,000 In the UK gets you a 2 bedroom terraced in a street full of paki cunts.

Muslims will still blow therm up one way or another

mcmansion boxes trigger me so much

>Not gonna finance with rising interest rates.
You realize you can lock in your interest rate, right?

But a cube is the most efficient shape

>buy a McMansion in a shitty city
>not live the rural GOAT life

YEAH, NO

thats what they say

Can confirm.

TFW 1 room rents for more than most mortgages

Trust fund kiddie NEET ready to move in, buy for nothing and kick boomers face first into the shittiest retirement homes I can find.

Day of the pillow is upon us lads!

I run a residential window cleaning business and WTF are up with this houses windows?

What a lovely McMansion

>tfw planning on selling my house in a year and the Jews are trying to drive down prices by increasing interest rates

JUST.

how did the paki cunts afford that

Prince Sadeq

Interest rates won't go up by much. Talk to your lender too, you might have a mortgage that the buyer can assume. They'll keep your interest rate and get a second mortgage for any amount over what your mortgage balance is.

Meant for

What’s a cheap house in Melbourne?
The street.

what? we have cheap construction?

I think thats a sign to get out of melbourne before you become a soyboy Somali

remember when black people signed up for variable interest rate mortgages and crashed the economy cause they were too stupid to know anything?

Hahah real talk, where would you recommend user. Looking to move out of home after university

>pay to live in a prison colony
no

Yeah, I remember all those damn mortgage underwriters too. Two dozen popped up in my town almost overnight.

Wrong country senpai

Rent it out you fucking retard.

Why would that happen?

>Interest rates rising

Only affects coastal shit holes, and will simply stagnate the price, not drop it any considerable amount.

>muh stock market

Retards losing their money in leveraged volatility trades are not going to shit in this circumstance. It's mostly high earnings coastal fags with little knowledge of VIX products crashing the market atm.

t. youngfag

I can even imagine how this beauty looks inside: wall to wall carpets and sofas from Sears.

i never understood how a recession is making houses cheaper. Can anybody explain that?

I bought my first house, which was a McMansionin 2008. I got it for 90k 5bd 2.5 bath. It was a foreclosure and the chimps that previously owned it sold the appliances so I was able to get it for a steal. This is in North Dallas. Many tech companies moving here and our values have been going through the roof. I'm ready to sell so I can move out to beanerville. Actually beaners aren't the problem it's the fucking pajeets. They bring their whole family here, they stink, they walk everywhere when it's 100f. I've lived in the South so I want to move somewhere where there are more caucasians. I agree MCMansions are gross but helpful for getting up the property ladder.

go live where niggers and spicks are, the ghetto.

Recession means fewer jobs
Fewer jobs mean people can't pay rent or mortgage
They lose house
So much supply and no demand
Prices fall

I dunno maybe it's mostly for suburb areas with mcmansions eveywhere

Jose-san : Japs, hindoos, Jews and Mexicans.

hopefully it's not gonna fill up with Niggers.

I rather have Portugese or Armenians near me.

>Not taking care of your parents and inheriting the house so you don't have to pay a mortgage

Do you really call that a McMansion. That house looks small and shitty

A lot of real estate is owned by investors who buy up tons of property in order to rent it out or sell at a profit.

When the market crashes a lot of people are trying to cash out to avoid losing money. It's a lot like stocks.

So maybe some guy bought a 250.000 dollar house with the intent to rent but the market is looking really shit for the next 5 years so he decides selling it at 220,000 is worth washing his hands of it.

This cascades across all home buying/selling and lowers the price of everything.

>waiting until your parents die to own a home
The rent you're paying for all those years is much more than any money you'd save in mortgage payments. By the time your parents die, you should have your house paid off.

So stoked for the housing crash. Pretty much everything is over valued right now

yea just build your own fucking house idiots, just build a house.

>Implying you don't live with your parents

Thanks user
>Also, checked

Eh... this is somewhat accurate. The only investors who really try to dump their properties are those that got in at a price that doesn't allow their house to cashflow. The rents they get just barely cover their expenses, but they bought hoping values would increase forever. They'll panic and try to dump the house. Them dumping is almost always a response to prices that have already started to dip, and they're a small part of the market. In places like Vegas it made up a huge part of the 2008 crash. I don't think these people drive market prices in any meaningful way.

>projecting this much

I remember listening to one of those Saturday morning paid commercial programs on a local FM station; the host was talking about a housing development where they had put up a model house but the rest of the 130 or so lots were still vacant. One person contracted to buy a brand-new house for $130k*, sold it for 170k, the second person sold it for 220k, the third person sold it for 250k, the original owner bought it back at 280k, sold it for 320k, and so on. The house had been sold seven times before construction even started, and the new asking price was now well over 400k. The host was ranting about how a person was completely stupid if they didn't want to get in on this deal.
Yeah, it was obvious even while it was happening.

*all prices approximate, the gist of it is accurate

I don't doubt it. In North Dallas we have lots of land and tract homes for literally miles. Cities like Plano Frisco Mckinney are literally filled with tract homes. When the 2008 recession hit there were many subdivisions that had fancy streets with european stylized signs, grandiose boomer bait entrances with keypad gates and rock feature pools... but no one was buying houses. It sat there for 2 years with probably 5 or 6 random completed house in these ghost subdivision until the HOA allowed them to sell lots individually and eventually filled up around 2012-13. i can't wait to see if 2008 recession ever repeated

We're on year 8 of a 5 year market cycle. Interest rates are the only thing keeping the market afloat right now. Idk how bad this crash will be, but its coming soon. I'm pulling out alot of the equity in my rental properties now so that I'll have cash to buy more rentals at the bottom.

bump

Already own a cheap house. Completely paid off and did a gut job remodel on it a few Years ago. On top of that starting a new job in a few weeks with a pay raise from $38k to $58k per year.

>ever selling

We have a few more years before that could even happen, but I have a suspicion there will not be a recovery from the next crash and we may not ever have the conditions necessary for a market crash.

Post a pic of the type of house you'd like

Breed like a fly my bro

ive been ready for a long time

Cheap housing is dead in Canada.

You can buy mansions in the Nevada desert for $10000.

Enjoy having a six hour commute to work.

Yeah that 30ft foyer in the front room is very heating and space efficient. Like what the fuck, why do they do this. Do you really need an olympic swimming pool of open space above your head and a chandelier that you need to hire a fucking trapeze artist to dust? I don't get it.

Hahahaha thanks for the info, dumbass

Depends where you live. If you're in the sweltering deep south, the free airflow is a nice touch on hot days. No AC required.

Kek. Hope the owners have fun trying to get the mud dauber nests out of the top of that tall fucking porch.

why are trailer or mobile homes looked down upon?

Should I buy a starter house now or wait a few weeks to see what happens to the market?

Because the build quality used to be shit. They significantly improved after the post-Hurrican-Andrew regulations. Some of the Wind Zone 3 models are built to a higher standard than stick-built homes.
The only real downside to them now is that the manufacturers cut corners on things like doorknobs and faucets to keep costs down. Alot of times, you can get a foreclosed mobile home for very cheap, do most of the repair yourself, and have a quality home for 1/2 of what a similar house would cost.

Tiny and cheap looking. Just stuffed into a trailer park sitting at weird angles to I guess give an illusion of variety. Are you ignoring that kind of people that usually live in them?

All real estate is local. Markets generally don't vary much week to week. It typically takes a few months to start feeling any effects of a market crash. Idk where your market is in the cycle, its probably something you should talk to a real estate agent about. Call up a few agents and ask them about the market. Don't tell them if you're buying or selling and they'll give you a more honest answer.

Sometimes you will see seasonal cycles too. In my market, prices typically fall by 10-15% from October to April because fewer people are buying homes during this time. As the weather warms up, people begin planning their move and looking at homes to buy.

Thank you for the advice user

That place is a little too well-designed to be a McMansion. It's too balanced and symmetrical. It would need a few more inexplicable nubs, turrets, and columns to be a McMansion.

Through the British tax payer?

Trailer parks and the homes that make up the parks are two separate issues. I'm not sure what park owners in your market are doing, all the parks around here have homes lined up to maximize the number of units that can fit in the area. Idk why they would put them at awkward angles.
What I have noticed manufacturers doing is putting those stupid accents on different models to make them look less like mobile homes. Something like pic related.

If I were a cat burglar, I'd unscrew the lightbulbs in such chandeliers on my way out.

You can get a house like this here in Bama for like $400k (maybe less or a little more, it's super cheap rural)

No problem. Have you looked into a USDA mortgage? They're limited to people making less than 200% of the median income for the county, and you can only buy a home in a "rural" area. They define rural as any city with less than 50k people (double check that number) and any area that is outside of any city limits, so something like 95% of the country qualifies.
The interest rates on these mortgages are alot lower, and some don't require a downpayment. The last I checked, the interest rate was right around 3.75% on these. If you have an income of less than 30-40k you might qualify for their direct loan program, which has alot of benefits.

>mortgage

I'm far ahead of that

Had a family member who was a total shutin autist who played the stock market purely for fun. Died and left me 10 million. I still harbour deep resentment for boomers and how they fucked my IRL friends in the ass, I escaped the same fate purely out of blind luck.

Its weird being young (22) and having so much fucking disposable income, all the normies I know tell me I'm nuts for not going on some hedonistic binge of a life full of holidays, hookers, drugs and booze but I'd honestly rather acres of property on the South Coast, raise five or six kids and just keep the money invested with enough to live off in reasonable comfort. Problem is finding a wife that this is achievable with and wouldn't marry me purely for the money.

I fucking hate that society is in such shape that now I have literally "hit the jackpot" my aspirations of what to do with the money are described as weird. No binging, just a family life minus the crippling anxiety of earning money and working. Why is that so strange?

My sister has a house like this. I'm not really fond of trailers but put some bushes, a porch, some other added furnishes and it'll look cute!

There's the mcmansion.

I'd still live in it if it weren't in alabama though.

They're not bad homes, honestly. Unfortunately, the companies that sell them push high interest loans onto buyers and overprice alot of their inventory. Clayton Homes, one of Warren Buffett's companies, just got in trouble for this.
If your sister got her loan from the manufacturer, she should look to get it refinanced. If it has a foundation, most mortgage companies will finance it like a regular home or only charge half a point more.

Psh. Alabama is great. I love it here. 70 degrees the past few days

Btw I only uploaded that because people love post modernism these days.

We have plenty of colonial, plantation, antebellum (even log houses) still prevalent. My aunt has a cute farm house that has a beautiful setting. She owns like 100 acres and plans to pass it down to me when she dies.. We need more plantation homes tho. Everyone's crazy about those brick ones these days..

Its a good investment! Who's going to need a 3 story house when their freaking 70. Plus with kids and messes. Hell nah.

I can't wait to leave the HIV and Beaner infested California. My goal is to acquire 5 acres in the Pacific Northwest, and buy one of the kits for these pre-made houses. They actually look legit:

archedcabins.com/gallery.html

The last time it almost happened the US government jumped in and gave a few trillion to the biggest banks so they didn't have to lower housing prices.

Depends on where you live

>cheap construction
Doors don't thunk shut, the molding cracks at the joints after a few years, and the new windows rattle and become hard to open after some time.

Construction is an issue of labor and quality control, both of which are severely lacking.

>why all this space
>why all this waste
Ask the wife.

Fuck off, we're full.

You should probably sit down and figure out the total cost involved in building those. It's rare that those end up being cheaper than stick-built, and it's nearly impossible for them to be cheaper than a used mobile home twice as large.

Don't worry I won't be living near your trailer park

>House?
That's just all roof and windows

Valid point. I've watched a lot of Tiny Home videos on Youtube and it pisses me off when they cost like 80k to make. The arched cabins that I've looked in to are the cheapest of all "pre-built" homes you can buy. Most average about 15k, and the site sells the plans for $50 if you want to build it yourself.

You should try to find her on the internet. Online you can find a lot of people who would want to live that lifestyle.

I isolate myself from the majority of people on purpose because most people are idiots and I don't like many of the trends.. so most of my views don't really focus on what happens to my peers but instead of what happens to me. I'm almost exclusively internally driven.

In Florida, if it can't survive a hurricane, you can't build it.

But you also can't build it higher than 2 stories because it will sink into the ground.

Such is life in the swamp.

How big of an arched cabin are you getting for 15k? I don't see how these would be cheaper than a prefab sheet metal building like pic related. They're manufactured at a larger scale, so the price is alot lower, and you're not paying the premium for it being a "home."

And if you live in the north you'll spend nearly as much as the mortgage payment in a month trying to heat the place with that empty fucking void above the front door as you walk in

Usually the people that get them are Appalachian-tier poor or just low end wiggers/meth fiends/opioid bums.

stupid fucking nigger dog

I rented one years ago to be close to work and they fucking suck. They are impossible to keep warm in the winter, just like you'd expect a long metal box to be and the layout is just irritating. Its like a railway car, narrow rooms one after the other with a narrow hallway connecting them all down one side.

I don't see why a mobile home would be harder to keep warm in the winter than a full sized house. If anything it should be both easier, and cheaper to keep warm.

Sounds like the one you were in had poor insulation. If you have a properly insulated mobile home and a properly insulted regular home the mobile home should be able to heat up faster, cheaper, and retain it's heat just as well.