Should kids be banned from the internet to make sure they develop properly?

Should kids be banned from the internet to make sure they develop properly?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/ed/2016/10/21/498550475/american-academy-of-pediatrics-lifts-no-screens-under-2-rule
aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/american-academy-of-pediatrics-announces-new-recommendations-for-childrens-media-use.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Riddle me this Sup Forums. Most of us here grew up on the internet and witnessed all sorts of horrid shit over the years. Knowing what you know now, and knowing how you are and what you've seen, would you allow your kids unrestricted internet access?
Personally I would not.

Yes. That's an easy one.

Just wait until you hear the kids using twitch emotes in conversation

It will happen

>toddler
>electronics
Why

DELET THIS

I want off this ride.

Lazy parents.

I would but at a certain age. Up until around 7-9 I will limit the their access to the internet as much as I can. Then controlled access. Then eventually a phone.

0%

I know a couple that always plopped their kid down with a tablet in front of their face and over the ear headphones whenever they took them to a restaurant. That's great. Just ensure they have zero fucking patience or ability to converse with other human beings.

I'm grateful for my "internet raising" because it made me a more well-rounded, educated, and worldly person. It opens you up to a lot of things you wouldn't have had access to otherwise which I think is good because you don't just have to be limited to the experiences and knowledge of your immediate surroundings. Toddlers are way too young to be using internet, video games, etc though.

What species is that?

american

>like subscribe patreon comment begging
This should kill people's careers
WE FUCKING KNOW
WE KNOW WE CAN DO ALL OF THOSE THINGS
STOP WASTING INTERNET SPACE ON EVERY SINGLE VIDEO FOR THAT HORSE SHIT

>would you allow your kids unrestricted internet access
>raise my son to be feminine
>create a trans persona online and become freinds with him
>convince him to transition
>tell him it's not right to be trans which will make him even more rebellious
>tell him I'm ok with him transitioning once he can pay for it himself
>become a doctor for trannies
>tell him I've seen the light
>make him my patient
>recommend he goes on tranny pills immediately
>tell him he needs sex change surgery
>get rich off him and retire comfortably

You're a big boy

la creatura

Hard pass.

Maybe once they're mid-teens, let them see how far gone the world is and maintain an open dialogue with them in which I'll bash every libtard individualist view and shame the fuck out of any left-wing drivel he spits out. People don't choose left or right based on rational thinking, they pick it because one's the "comfortable" option that people around them hold or the occasional misanthrope picks the opposite if everyone around him/her is the opposite. So the only way to raise your son/daughter is to expose them to left-wing degeneracy then shred it to bits in front of them and let them speak and learn why Marxism, antiracism, democracy, etc is disgusting.

>letting anyone in your family use the Electric Jew
No. I'm joining the Amish. You're a damn fool if you let your family (wife/children) use the internet, watch television, or listen to the radio.

I think the existence of Sup Forums is enough to answer this question.

Degenerate

My five year old son just came up to me and said "Daddy, I don't wanna read the things you write for me any more. I had a scary dream last night. The bad Trump and Hitler mans came and killed Mommy."
This is Trump's America, people.

I'd love to force that boy to run 5 km. I'd be running behind and screaming at him to run faster as he cries and farts.

>he thought it means "goodbye"
It probably will in the future. This is how languages evolve.

Frankly, without the Internet I wouldn't be able to speak English as freely as I do now. Only because of that fact would I consider giving my children-to-be (lmao) the access. Heavily monitored, of course. I would probably hang myself if they ever enjoyed the Elsa part of JewTube.

I wish I had that much salmon roe

majority of us discovered the internet at what, the age of 12 or something?
these days lazy parents don't care for their kids, they don't buy them toys anymore or let alone let them to go out and play, and they blaze them youtube cartoons all day long instead.
as much as i hate tv, at least it taught me that i can't get everything i want whenever i want.
let your kid go out, even if it means he might hurt himself, let him build a wooden swords, let him make sand castles, let them play hide and seek with other kids.
kids with technology will end up being braindead imbeciles. hell, i have a cousin that cries and kicks everything around him when his tablet battery goes out.

pediatricians actually recommend that no child under 18 months be allowed to watch something unless accompanied by a guardian.

npr.org/sections/ed/2016/10/21/498550475/american-academy-of-pediatrics-lifts-no-screens-under-2-rule
>AAP still says no screens at all are the best idea — with one notable exception: live video chat. Surveys indicate that families already popularly believe that "Facetime doesn't count," or at least that the benefit of virtual visits with grandparents or other relatives outweighs the potential cost of exposing babies to the laptop or phone.
>The AAP doesn't cite positive evidence that infants actually get something out of this kind of "conversation" the way that they clearly do from live social interaction. But there is some observational research that infants as young as 6 months old are emotionally engaged by playing live peekaboo with Grandma on Skype.
>For infants and toddlers, age 15 months to 2 years, there is limited evidence from a couple of very small studies that they can learn new words from educational media, if and only if parents are watching alongside them, repeating what the video says and/or drawing attention to what is on the screen. In other words, treating a video or an app like a picture book is the best bet.
>The flip side of this is that many studies, including this one, have actually shown poorer language skills correlated with earlier solo viewing of "educational" videos. There is also research that shows language delays in children who watch more TV and start watching earlier. In both cases, the problem seems to be media replacing interaction with people. For this reason, the new AAP guideline has changed from "avoid all screens under age 2" to "avoid solo media use in this age group."

aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/american-academy-of-pediatrics-announces-new-recommendations-for-childrens-media-use.aspx

Yeah me too. That's why I saved this picture, to have something to aspire to.

Part of the problem is companies have "Kids" versions of their apps and sites like Youtube but the kids section is full of really degenerate evil shit that gets approved.

Define kids. You're an absolute fucking retard if you want to keep a kid over the age of twelve away from the internet.

What are you, fucking retarded? Teenagers and kids rebel against their parents, it happens with almost every generation.

delete internet destroy smartphones

its all a tool for subversion and surveillance anyway

That kid is going to get grounded one of these days and won't receive an allowance and he'll whine that he's been demonitized

How would you have known this and come to that conclusion if you didn't have the internet?

i will let them use the internet, but only in the living room like i had to

Not banned, just actually supervised by the parent standing by and not fucking off and counting on the filters to work.

He was joking god damn I hate retarded normies

?
without internet i dont need that conclusion

Same to be honest, at least until they're a bit older. Imagine your twelve year old stumbling across Sup Forums with all the feminisation and trap threads.

Kek

Without internet you wouldn't have come to this conclusion at all, assuming you got this from Sup Forums. You didn't just wake up one morning and come to the conclusion that something like the internet would be used to control a population, no, you browsed Sup Forums or other online resources and came to this conclusion.

Most of us grew up on the internet, but most of us did it in an age where internet use wasn't widespread. If you remember getting kicked off the internet every time you're parents tried to use the phone you get an opinion here

That's one sick fetish you got, freak.

>Toddler
>Electronics
>A bathtub
Why not?

Yes. Kids shouldn't do anything fun, that's why my kids stay inside 6 days a week, and we only read Hegel, Kierkegaard and Nietzsche. When I tuck them in, they don't ask for thumbs up or subscriptions, they lament their inability to adequately express their faith in a nihilistic technodystopia.
Pic unrelated.

truth be told i'd beat his ass, with righteous fury. Also would never happen because of parental locks on only every obscene things on the internet at worst he might discover kissing videos on youtube or rap videos

you ever tried playing and spending time with your kids jackass? they haven't shut down parks or playgrounds

SLOW DOWN MR.BONES I WANT OFF

el goblino negro.

Idk man, I love making fat people exercise, but in a non-encouraging day. Duting TEOTWAWKI, I'm not even gonna try to rebuild society, I just want to chase fatties and slap their bellies if I catch them.

Is it good?

El atrocidad

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the faggot that took my online handle that I had had for years and years and now people think I'm him when I join discussions or games or discords for games... If it is, fuck that faggot.

Seconding this, I've never eaten roe

>You will never have total faith in the God King of Oceania to lead you and your comrades to total victory.

Why even live?

Man this hits home. When I was younger I used to tell my parents goodnight with "after these messages, we'll be right back!". I thought it was funny as a temporary goodbye just like the TV shows used it.

I wasn't a toddler tho. I was like 4 or 5. Which is a toddler probably actually.

Kid might just be funny at a young age.

Oh, nevermind, I was wrong. The faggot I'm talking about is fat, but he makes the same soyboy fucking face so I had trouble telling them apart.

guess how I know youre a boomer

El malo tenebroso

I like to think that when I have kids I won't buy them a cellphone. We'll see if that happens because I know if I have to hear a freaking whiny kid every day I will probably just give them a cell phone to shut them up.

Apparently it's very cheap in russia

Playing with children is ethically equivalent to taking them to a bar and getting them drunk. And playgrounds? Really? Why don't I just sell them into sex slavery? It's okay if you are a Satanist and want to raise a brood of hellspawn, but my children will be raised in Gods light in the darkness of my fortified basement, surrounded by firearms I can't use and philosophy books I don't understand.
Pic related.

Personally I love it, flying fish roe too. Super nutritious as well

It tastes like the ocean smells (Not the smell when something dead washes ashore, but what it smells like on a nice clear day and it's refreshing and misting.

kappa

>cries and sharts.
ftfy

I would. I have family that raised their kids severely restricted and they have absolutely no clue what is going on beyond what some SJW teacher tells them to think in school. The moment you see a muslim slit open a throat and pull a head back by the eyesockets is a good first moment to first wake up.

yes.
or no, maybe the internet is the next stage in human socialization and by depriving them of exposure at an early age you are making them non-competitive in the future.
I'm not a sociologist so, wild guesses here.

How do I eat it? On toast or something? Can i put it on a burger?

Fuck yes I would not allow it until at least 10. I don’t my kid learning how to troll and talking out feminine penis and how fucking traps isn’t gay. Getting desensitized by Rekt threads. Making fun of oldies like who is Jimmy Rustles, and boxie.

This is actually very sad. Why didn't they listen, Ted?

amerimutt

Come on, this is literally just one of those "woke 8 year old" posts except with a different scenario. Don't pick and choose when to believe them, either they're all real or they're all bullshit.

I want to say no, because unfettered internet access has fucked our collective shit up something terrible, but without it they would be worse, so yeah, fuck it.

Those hands though

It's good on boiled eggs, or on toast or crackers, could put it on a cucumber slice maybe with some smoked salmon. Pretty commonly used in sushi too. I've never had it on a burger but I don't see why you couldn't try it. I also like just eating it with a spoon like the guy in

You're an american, you can do anything you fucking want.

yeah my mate came over for me to fix his laptop and I had left mine sitting open with Sup Forums on the screen. He had his 8 year old son and he looks at my laptop screen and goes "OH it's PEPE the frog." It made activated my almonds

yeah but then again i probably wouldn't be nearly as autistic without the internet and anime. so it's good and bad

eventually. 12 or 13. would only have to teach them how to avoid obvious scams and malware.

nigger I see people type PogChamp and Kappa all the time on discord

Here, you can buy those small in diameter, cheap ones that are just crunchy and taste like fish oil. Once in my life, though, I had the opportunity to taste those top-notch big ones. Needless to say, they were god-tier. Heavy on your tongue, with thicc fishy sauce that fills every corner of your mouth and really sticks to your gums.
I like my roe on a piece of plain bread. Never tried it on toast actually, but sounds interesting.
Well, it's one of their biggest exports I think.

My friends kid lol does get any lower then taking care of your "friends" kid.

everyone to the gulags

I fucking love this place

Is he eating salmon eggs?

Should I get Alaskan or Russian?

I gotta be honest Sup Forums, I used to have this polish classmate in middle school and I always used to make fun of him for being polish. Now I feel guilty because Poland is so based and all the polish people on this board are alright.

How much do you think your children will be worth?

personally I find salmon roe too fishy tasting compared to real sturgeon caviar, but then again it's also been like 10 years since I've had it and my tastes have expanded since.

both flying fish roe and smelt roe are tasty, but you experience the texture of the eggs more than the flavor when you eat them

2-3 bitcoins per liter. Why?

when I was a kid I used to pretend I was Turbo Teen

Holy shit my dude, what the actual fuuugggg

Small children shouldn't be allowed to use it unless you're directly supervising them use an online program for educational purposes or if you're using it for a bit of entertainment for the kid and have prescreened what they're watching yourself as a parent.

Young kids into pre-teens should have access to browse on their own with coaching, supervision, and some limits and some pretty strict time limits for using it for entertainment.

Teens can do whatever the fuck they want online.

That's my opinion, though it should be up to the parents at the end of the day. Also ever kid is different, some mature very quickly and some slowly. There are some young kids that can totally handle browsing stuff without any supervision, though most kids should have it. If you do let young kids do their own things online then you should definitley encourage them to come talk to you as a parent and let you know what they've been up to, same as you should have them tell you about things going on at school, at relative's houses, ect.

Really common sense stuff.

That is a waddler not a toddler

You should turn them into canned food once all the organs have been harvested, blood extracted, and skeleton sold. Get the best bang for your buck, since production takes 9 months per unit.

My /ck/ knowledge only gets so far, but I can guarantee that with Russian you won't be disappointed.
Glad I could help :^)

I bet you're all kinds of fucked now.

haven't you heard the stories of how "cuck" is replacing "faggot" as the default insult in the schoolyard?