What proof is there that he wasn't lying about entropy?

What proof is there that he wasn't lying about entropy?

His trustworthy face.

The show didn't invent entropy.

I'm pretty sure the universe isn't at risk my man

The universe is slowly dying to entropy though.

It's not an immediate risk.
Did you really not get it?

lel tits

He wasn't lying about entropy, but he was using it as an excuse to turn humans into batteries.

>implying that's not what we deserve

You're a heartless monster if you think these sweethearts deserve such a fate.

>humans
Only girls.

I see a thief, a slut, a sexual deviant, a girl with a messiah complex and a manipulative bitch.

one of these is not like the others

Mami deserves worse

It doesn't matter, it is not meant to be a relatable thing, it is a shitty attempt at making their objective to be "beyond mankind's comprehension" so that the human viewer feels small (you would still be living in caves, you are cattle.). It fails because it is retarded and even the show later makes QB step down.

U wot? It's a perfectly valid and relatable endeavor, you're just dumb and have no understanding/interest in the laws of nature.
I bet you think when Asimov wrote his story centered about this very same topic he was just some edgelord or something.

>Comparing a novel writer to a dude that has even made an eroge
Yeah, no.

That's some nice fallacious arguing there. Well done.

see

Never quote me again.

Why?

He never lied about anything.
There were some times when he didn't mention an inconvenient (for him and his goal) truth or withheld important info but he never outright lied.

>He never lied about anything.
OP is asking if you have any proof or if you are just asserting that.

Their universe is quite like ours and it's alive.
That alone should be enough proof for entropy.

Proof of entropy is not sufficient proof that what they are doing is meaningful.

Or even that they are doing it at all.

see

More specifically, even if we accept that entropy exist we still need proof that turning adolescent girls into liches/magical monsters somehow generates excess energy to offset entropy.
For what we know the Incubators might have made all that shit up and emotional energy was just a gourmet delicacy to them.

From what we know about entropy, adding energy to a system only accelerates entropy.

That's not what the OP asked.
Are you OP and did you want to ask if he was lying about his plan to fight entropy?

Here's the thing. It's literally only a problem for immortal races.

Most races don't give a shit because they'll die off sooner

What QB stated about entropy was that it would destroy the universe unless the incubators fought it. So the activity of the incubators is linked to the whole thing, and to ignore it would make the whole argument pointless.

Immortal races will also die out before our universe dies.

Immortals cannot die.

From your limited mortal perspective, maybe.
But the very fact that they are experiencing as much time as the universe has left and changing throughout the entire time, means that whatever they are now, will bear no semblance to what they will be at the end of that time.

It's the premise of the show.
The ultimate greater good that's put in conflict with the suffering of the few needed to achieve it.
If you deny that QB is fighting entropy then he and his race becomes a bunch of petty child abusers and killers.

>It's the premise of the show.
No, it's a random claim at the side. No one other than the Incubators gives a flying fuck about it. Madoka cares more about girls being able to fulfill their own wishes and about humanity's progress.
>If you deny that QB is fighting entropy then he and his race becomes a bunch of petty child abusers and killers.
So that's your only reason for assuming he's telling the truth?
I hope that works out for me as well if I ever get arrested for something.

And who says that fighting entropy is the only thing you can use energy for?
We use lots of energy in our everyday lives, and we are constantly on the lookout for new and cheap sources of energy.
The incubators may just have realized that little girls are the perfect powerplants.

I don't think you quite get the concept.
The increase in entropy as a result of irreversible processes are a natural law of the universe.
How whatever the kyus do with what they get relates exactly to decreasing entropy, or if their real goal are just the wishes themselves (as those clearly could fix the problem) is never explained. However, not giving a 2 hour lecture on the details of Kyubey science, is not lying.

>How whatever the kyus do
>How
Or *if*.

proof is that he is extremely cute

Kyuubey is not lying about entropy and he is not lying about his motivations. He is part of a (probably) immortal species that wants a sustainable energy source for their civilization that counteracts entropy. They found this in human souls, which create energy by feeling emotion. They harvest this energy using the magical girl system and grief seeds.

fug forgot pic

what the fuck did they do to him?

loli beam i suppose

How do you know he is not lying in regards to his "saving the universe" goal? As far as we know, there is no way to reverse the total entropy of a system, and so either we humans don't know everything about termodynamics, or he's just lying. In either case we have no guarantee.

>As far as we know,
Hahahahahahahahahah.
See this is the total bullshit part.
Some lesser being that crawled out of his cave few thousand years ago flaunts his ignorance and tries to challenge knowledge of space race capable of harnessing Universe-changing power.

Go to bed Kyubey. You are drunk.

>As far as we know, there is no way to reverse the total entropy of a system
Homu does it repeteadly.

>No, it's a random claim at the side.
That's bullshit and you know it.
Again, it doesn't make sense whatsoever from the storytelling viewpoint to make Incubators just a bunch of lying parasite bad guys.
>No one other than the Incubators gives a flying fuck about it.
No shit Sherlock. No one else than Incubators can actually grasp the bigger picture.
>Madoka cares more about girls being able to fulfill their own wishes and about humanity's progress.
Same reason as above + the part about QB being an uncaring asshole with his 'pump and dump' method.
Notice that Madoka didn't stop Incubators from gathering energy they need, they just do it at slower pace with less harm done to the girls.
>So that's your only reason for assuming he's telling the truth?
Could you actually offer even a shred of evidence to the contrary?
Your whole reasoning seems to be 'you can't prove he is doing it therefore he must be lying, and explanations in show don't count because I said so despite QB never actually told a lie' which is kind of wonky.

>Could you actually offer even a shred of evidence to the contrary?
Can't prove a negative. Burden of proof is on 9B.
>explanations in show don't count
No, that's not put forth as an argument at all. But if you think a conversation is proof of anything other than that conversation, then you're stupid. We're asking if he's lying. Taking him by his word is the most retarded kind of response to that you can think of.
I'm not even saying he must be lying though.
>Again, it doesn't make sense whatsoever from the storytelling viewpoint to make Incubators just a bunch of lying parasite bad guys.
So that remains your only argument. And I even agree with you. I don't think Urobutcher wrote this thinking that the Kyubeys were liars.
But that's not what the thread is about. This thread is about canon evidence. Not what would make sense from a narrative point of view. And there is a difference.

Not without reversing time.

It is though, my dude. We will inevitably reach the heat death of the universe in which all molecular motion stops, thus effectively ending existence. Kyubey was trying to prevent that.

I still hold to the belief that this is all taking place in one of Rick Sanchez's car batteries.

He can literally eat him self with 0 shits given. What reason does he have to lie?

As far as we know there are no magical girls who fight witches.
It's an anime, retard.

>As far as we know there are no magical girls who fight witches.

Fuck this gay earth. Im leaving.

Heat death isn't even a certainty.

The worst characters are Madoka and Sayaka. Mami is a piece of shit. Homura is alright and Kyouko is the best.

Retard. Are you 10yo?

That feels like it is true.

Haven't been here for 3 weeks, the fuck is this cancerous shit? Lawnchair?

Yes

Who are the lucky couple into roleplay? Can I have an invite to the wedding, I'm always down for free cake and alcohol - and hangovers in the confessional are the only things that stop the nightmares.

I love tripnamefags, but I really don't like this Madoka person too much. But seriously
when's the super gay wedding?

Are the QBs even capable of lying?

>lies of omission ect. ect. ect. ect. ect. QB is Satan

They never speak falsehoods if given direct questions. At most, they're extreme rules lawyers about what constitutes a "direct" question so that they can withhold as much inconvenient info as possible. But because of that, when they freely admit that their master plan involves fighting entropy with girl suffering, they're in all likelihood telling the truth.

>They never speak falsehoods if given direct questions.
How do you know that?

Because it literally never happens in any material within the franchise, so if your argument is based on "well they could possibly maybe do this that's never been demonstrated," it has very little merit. Discussions about media are based on the affirmitive -- only accept what is shown or stated explicit as canon, and discard hypotheticals as headcanon until shown otherwise. This is done because creators who don't have an autistic obsession with including all facets of irrelevant detail into their settings (see: George Lucas, Chris-chan) leave things to common sense that the viewer is meant to infer.

Dark energy is much more of an existential risk that workable energy running out. Throw shit into tiny black holes and it comes out as nice hawking radiation and you can easily do this process for quadrillions of years.

What would happen if the general public became aware of the existence of magical girls and witches?

Mass panic. Witches can't be seen.

You again, when will you I don't know I don't really care about you enough to make threats

Reminder that there's a magical girl/witch who legit believes Kyubey did nothing wrong.

Why should you care about me?

When does this game even come out?

The universe isn't at risk, it will eventually be reborn, existing life is at risk though.

Reminder that QB deliberately misleads even when asked a direct question

I thought it was supposed to be this month

what the FUCK is his problem

He's got a fucking quota man.
You don't want to be on the bad side of the QB supervisor

His quota got an entire planet killed multiple times. Everyone likes to forget he completely drops us the second it is filled, to die.

Whats a planet ecosystem worth when the entire lifespawn of the rest of the universe is saved when destroyed

Whoa there Charles Dickens

What's the rest of the universe worth if there's nothing to care about the rest of the universe?

What would you wish for?

Once entropy is slain the QBs can go around creating new, better life

best

He's like a lawyer, he answered truthfully. Now if the question was "Where do witches come from?" he'd have a much harder time dancing around the issue.

>He's like a lawyer
He deserves to burn then.

> when you fuck the universe so hard even the incubators start panicking

Aye. You can always tell when Lawnchair is here. He only makes posts regarding poor Apple.

Magical girls can tell them their locations.

It is their fault.