Worst debut episode of the decade?

Worst debut episode of the decade?

No, Ping Pong was

Yeah this was absolutely terrible

I liked it. Cute girls with more to come!

Is MC a pimp?

Isekai smartphone would be a neat concept if MC was just an average nobody with no special powers who had to abuse cellphone shenanigans to accomplish anything.
But in the first episode he's already suddenly an expert in hand-to-hand combat and the most skilled magic user in the world.

ridiculously overpowered

I still liked it

You know, that reminds me of something.

I can understand why people don't like this at all.
It's slow paced, bland characters, no real plot, no proper fights so far and mediocre music and art, yet I like it.
It's simply more of a sol show so far and I hope they keep it sol, but I kinda doubt it.

yes

I wonder how absolutely terrible a show has to be for absolutely no one to like.
As long as a show has cute girls there will always be some people to whom that's enough, no matter how dreadful the show is.

Its ok, basically follows a certain sol template step by step, with nothing ever happening and cute cast doing cute fluffy things with almost nothing getting in their way having fun time in a new world.

The bigger issue is just how bad the anime is turning out to be, its like they were doing only subcontracting work and this is their first time having the real deal.

Best opening of the season

Houki best girl.

What is Reimu doing in there?

It was so uninspired and insipid that I ended up enjoying it.

isekai with shittier design

I'm going to enjoy this show and there is nothing Sup Forums can do about it

I will delete this show from the internet.

this is how I feel

Yes

I could have enjoyed it if the faggot wasn't super skilled in every single element. That shit is just boring.

It can't have been worse than Mahou Sensou.

I liked it. MC not being a shouting faggot who overreacts to everything is a huge plus.

It's so bad it's good.

> Gate teleports to the last place you've been
So if MC thinks about all the bitches he's banged he can gate to them at any time?

Reminds me of kuusen madoushi

The show doesn't really have many redeeming factors but it ended up looking like a parody of itself so I enjoyed it a little.

Reminder that only Sup Forums hates on isekai smartphone kino

No, the gate can teleport him to PLACES he's been before, not to the places where his acquaintances are.

Not even close.
Never forget the great potato catastrophe.

Look at the picture you posted.

Ok, I spot not-Kirito, not-Rei clone, blonde lolibait, generic waifu who will be main girl, optimistic medic/healer character, bitchy loud girl (second from the left), and girl who will crush on the MC but lose hard (pinkie).

Anybody who has actually watched this shit, how far off the mark am I?

I did, now what?

> but lose hard
No idea but apparently he marries them all so nobody really loses.

this is shit
MC is bored and cheat too much

Is anyone else just watching this for the girls?

Thats not the first episode of re:creators

I'll say so, atleast from the ones I've watched and I've actually watched anime almost daily for the last 10 years or so.

It was so blindingly mediocre that I actually liked it. I guess the laid back feeling helped, I never got the impression I was supposed to take anything seriously.

brainlets get the fuck out

I've only really gotten into anime about a year ago. Before that I was just a Naruto/OP/Bleach fag who sometimes watched the odd seasonal anime if it appealed to me.
I got totally burned on Rokudenashi last season and was pissed about it, told myself never again. I watched the first episode of this Smartphone no Isekai and could actually tell that this is complete shit. I think I've hit a milestone, I'm one step further toward breaking free of pleb tastes.

>totally burned by Rokudenashi

How stupid are you? How does someone get burned by Rokudenashi? Read the summary, watch the first episode and that should be enough to use that head of yours if it is worth watching? Christ. How people this inept?

But in that series, MC had no magic power and had to fake it.

This thing it's so fucking uninspired it just stole character designs from other stuff that was popular at the time this was written.

Its a new low in mediocrity.

I was hoping for more of pic related. In the end I think it gave me a better detector for ep 1 ecchi bait. But like I said, I'm still a total pleb when it comes to taste so I don't really know what I'm doing.

He's probably just shitting on it based solely on its use of rotoscoping; I can't blame him for doing so.

>I got totally burned on Rokudenashi last season and was pissed about it
What the fuck were you expecting, user-kun?

Not even the girls are worthy fapbait.

to be fair the 1st episode made it out to be a comedy SOL with magic hijinks and then it turned into shounen afterwards.

Fuck it, I have no control over what I like anymore. I watch every single episode 1 that comes out, and if I like it, I pick it up, and if I hate it, I drop it. I got to the end of this one and didn't drop it. I know it's not good.
But fuck it.

*blocks your path*

What about Gungrave

Gungrave doesn't have a first episode. It just starts at 2.

I was thinking exactly this while reading through the thread. This anime is fucking awful, the concept is just tired old isekai with a twist that it doesn't even take advantage of, the characters are all shit. Yet you still have people defending it in the thread. How? I guess like you said it's the cute girls.

I don't know although I find the LN equally as boring it followed the same 'feeling' I got from reading it.

I think its doing well for those who like Isekai and read the ln.

Show me the boobs or i'm out of here.

What are you watching this season?

According to the dude who TLs the LN the series is mostly comfy SOL for the first few volumes but gets way darker in later volumes. He also said that he doubts the Anime will get that far, so we're probably going to just get SOL.

That show is 10/10

but that MC wasn't OP right at the start....

Out of all the works someone could TL, this was picked. Jesus christ.

I think it was pretty good. Cute isekai without stupid villains or forced shit.

It was bad, but you don't watch enough battle harems if you thought it was the worst japan managed so far.

>bland isekai meme
>twin thots that will inevitably fall in love with MC
>MC is in the fantasy world for 5 seconds and is already avatar the last airbender
>knows kung fu for some reason
>distinguishing feature: smartphones
looking forward to episode 2

I was hoping he'd use the smartphone for some useful shit like getting through the language barrier or intimidating enemies or some shit. Instead we get an overpowered MC that carries a magical phone that can connect to the internet and doesn't get low battery. He doesn't even take pictures for fucks sake.

That's not Irregular Magic High

Youmu's there too.

It just felt like the intro to some shitty korean MMO.
>explaining how quests and parties work
>explaining magic
>explaining the convenient fast travel spell
>"hey i'm looking for this inn"
>"I've marked the location on your map, press start to check the map on your smartphone"
>loading screens every 2 minutes

is that sword art

Is that MxO?
Wasn't the MC just slightly powerful at best and had to give away all his power at the end of the series starting from 0?

Pretty good comparison, user.
>shitty korean MMO
Shitty is redundant.

>all those silver-haired sluts

Fuck this shit.

Well, have you user?

Well, maybe he was in their special place user.

I think this show is better than it's made out to be. The main character was acknowledged to be overpowered from the very beginning (and in the first 5 or so minutes of the show). God himself leveled him up, there isn't anything else to expect except for the MC to be already crazy strong. The fact that it presents itself like this is what makes this show a little bit of a cut above. I'm tired of the trope of where the high school student is the "failure" or the "loser" because he's weak but then he beats the "strongest" opponent or shows off some skill to get to the top. With this, he's already at the top. If anything, this definitely feels more slice of life than action/adventure.
tl;dr The MC is broken from the first 5 minutes powered up by literally God

the MC admits that he's basically cheating because God gave him all that shit, what did you expect.

Well it was a bad gary stu shit, but bearable. Nowhere near close to Aku no Hana which first episode was so awful that i had to stop the player after 32 seconds and purge every bit of that turd from my harddisk.

Better written stuff maybe? I don't know.